146 members have voted

1. 1. What happens after your death?

• Other (...)
    • Reincarnation
    • Nothingness
    • Eternal life

Zombies vs. Vikings?

Sign me up.

Going to go with reincarnation, can't say for sure that there isn't a soul and of most religious afterlives, it seems the most plausible... No need for expensive rituals or following a mortal organization's spiritual laws to guarantee your afterlife.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, seems like more than half of tip.it doesn't believe in life after death. Kinda depressing, innit?

Actually, not at all, if you decide to adopt 3rkid's point of view, like I have.

Dying just means you learn the answer to one of the most disputed questions ever.

:lol:

Does it count as a discovery if the answer is nothingness? Seems like a bit of a waste then

NICKELEY102.png

Jeez, seems like more than half of tip.it doesn't believe in life after death. Kinda depressing, innit?

Actually, not at all, if you decide to adopt 3rkid's point of view, like I have.

Dying just means you learn the answer to one of the most disputed questions ever.

:lol:

Does it count as a discovery if the answer is nothingness? Seems like a bit of a waste then

It would be the biggest let-down since your mum since being born.

22 people is half of Tip.it?

It's called a statistical inference. We do it with political popularity polls all the time.

Having said that, it's a small sample size and I'd argue it's more apt to say that it represents the beliefs of OT users, not tip.it users in general.

reincarnation because its the only good thing i can think of after death.

Really? You don't think eternal life would be any good?

If there really is a deciding plane, than I think many of our eternal lives would be a living hell, literally.

I hope it'll be like our dreams come true. Everything we've ever wanted happens when we feel like it: magic/bombs/space/ you name it. Get to meet God (or whoever is your god). Do anything you've ever dreamed of.

What's a sig?

Like the above poster said, I hope it's like an endless lucid dream. That woud just... I can't even describe in the english language how perfect that would be. Like, not just heaven, your own personal heaven.

I chose Other.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I believe in nothingness, that we die and that is that. Pretty bland but I fail to see how anything else can happen.

I presume that to be for several reasons. However logical and rational your deduction may be, some part in all of us yearn for something else, beyond the grave. Most of us, due to our still primitive minds, cannot accept the possibilty of - "that's it and that's all". And so we seek to justify our emotions - usually resulting in a supernatural or "other-worldly" ramification or consequence after death. To me it seems to be an uninspired mixture of fear, ignorance and reluctance.

EDIT: I guess that's just life. :|

i voted eternal life, more out of hope than expectation. it would be nice to meet my grandparents and see people that passed before their time. oh and tupac. 8-)

iteme3721.jpg

I'm pretty damn sure nothing's going to happen when I die. It sucks how we can only live for ~100 years.

~1,000 years is a pretty good amount of time to live. 100 is too short, let alone 80. To live forever would suck, though. Do not want.

I believe in nothingness, that we die and that is that. Pretty bland but I fail to see how anything else can happen.

I presume that to be for several reasons. However logical and rational your deduction may be, some part in all of us yearn for something else, beyond the grave. Most of us, due to our still primitive minds, cannot accept the possibilty of - "that's it and that's all". And so we seek to justify our emotions - usually resulting in a supernatural or "other-worldly" ramification or consequence after death. To me it seems to be an uninspired mixture of fear, ignorance and reluctance.

So quoted.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'm pretty damn sure nothing's going to happen when I die. It sucks how we can only live for ~100 years.

~1,000 years is a pretty good amount of time to live. 100 is too short, let alone 80. To live forever would suck, though. Do not want.

So quoted.

Woot ! Chika Chika !

:P

Eternal life seems useless... I mean, you'd be bored, you're life would be meaningless you'd be there FOREVER! Think about that. FOREVER, I can get bored in 5 minutes.

And yes, Valhalla seems awesome.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Eternal life seems useless... I mean, you'd be bored, you're life would be meaningless you'd be there FOREVER! Think about that. FOREVER, I can get bored in 5 minutes.

And yes, Valhalla seems awesome.

As long as there's a computer in eternal life. I'm good for forever. :thumbup: