• Other (...)
    • Reincarnation
    • Nothingness
    • Eternal life

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine not existing... or not even being able to think that I don't exist...

Have you ever had a 'dreamless' sleep, or have you ever passed/blacked out? It's the same feeling (or rather, lack thereof).

I generally lean toward the idea of 'no longer existing', although I am open to other possibilities. Near-death experiences are very interesting, and deserve much more scientific attention than they are getting now.

I can't imagine not existing... or not even being able to think that I don't exist...

Have you ever had a 'dreamless' sleep, or have you ever passed/blacked out? It's the same feeling (or rather, lack thereof).

I generally lean toward the idea of 'no longer existing', although I am open to other possibilities. Near-death experiences are very interesting, and deserve much more scientific attention than they are getting now.

Yea... the difference being that we wake up at the other side of it, rendering the non-event rememberable in a way, as having happened to not happen. The weirdest time was when I broke my arm and had an operation where they used the gas to knock me out, I swear I blinked and was in the same place, but everyone had moved and my arm had suddenly stopped hurting. However, in this "dreamless" sleep, our brains are still working on a subconcious level, which creates a realism about it, and the fact we wake up after makes it memberable. Death is infinitely more nothing-like.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Yea... the difference being that we wake up at the other side of it, rendering the non-event rememberable in a way, as having happened to not happen. The weirdest time was when I broke my arm and had an operation where they used the gas to knock me out, I swear I blinked and was in the same place, but everyone had moved and my arm had suddenly stopped hurting. However, in this "dreamless" sleep, our brains are still working on a subconcious level, which creates a realism about it, and the fact we wake up after makes it memberable. Death is infinitely more nothing-like.

How the hell would you know?

I would like to think that you choose what happens when you die. That you are able to create any scenario and have amything happen or go back and change stuff in the past. Or do all those what ifs that I always have but would never do. That wold be amazingly fun...

But of course death is dreamless sleep. Exactlylike dreMless sleep. I really like sleeping without dreams cause one minute your laying in bed and then all of a sudden it's morning.

Spelling errors courtesy of iPod touch

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Seems like a good thread for a poll. :thumbup:

I'm with warrior on this one. I don't think much can happen after you die, other than you stop existing. Though I can never rule out other options (out of both ignorance and hope). And I'm morbidly curious about death, too -even though I wouldn't like to die soon.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I'm hoping for reincarnation. I can't comprehend how you can just vanish.

For some reason I keep thinking of the Law of Conservation of Matter or whatever, then again your consciousness wouldn't be matter...

When I think "I may die today in a car accident" I always think of the bright side, I'll get my answer to what's on the other side!

I think reincarnation with no memory of your past life.

An everlasting nothingness would be worse than Hell and every religion seems too good to be true, i.e 72 virgins, streets paved of gold, fountain of wine...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

A poll :shock:

The last time I ever think I have seen a poll thread was back when I first joined. What's sad is that statement is true, scary.

I think reincarnation with no memory of your past life.

An everlasting nothingness would be worse than Hell and every religion seems too good to be true, i.e 72 virgins, streets paved of gold, fountain of wine...

Or beer volcano and stripper factories :D

I said nothingness. It is hard to fathom, because it is the one thing we dont have an answer for. We will probably feel death, or know that it is coming. after that, we just, cant, know that we are dead. there will be no more "me."

99 Fishing

When I think "I may die today in a car accident" I always think of the bright side, I'll get my answer to what's on the other side!

I actually really like that idea, "I don't care if I die, it means I get to see the answer of one of sciences most puzzling questions! "

2Xeo5.png

I actually really like that idea, "I don't care if I die, it means I get to see the answer of one of sciences most puzzling questions! "

It shows that you're so engrossed in knowledge you embrace death as another thing to learn. :lol:

But I really do want to know what happens...

brbgunshop

It shows that you're so engrossed in knowledge you embrace death as another thing to learn. :lol:

But I really do want to know what happens...

brbgunshop

brbsame.

2Xeo5.png

A poll :shock:

The last time I ever think I have seen a poll thread was back when I first joined. What's sad is that statement is true, scary.

Yeah I was ignoring this topic until I saw it said poll, we used to have polls all the time back in the day.

Once your brain dies and consciousness stops there is nothing.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Jeez, seems like more than half of tip.it doesn't believe in life after death. Kinda depressing, innit?

Actually, not at all, if you decide to adopt 3rkid's point of view, like I have.

Dying just means you learn the answer to one of the most disputed questions ever.

:lol:

2Xeo5.png

TO VALHALLA! *Grabs battleaxe*

Norse is actually pretty awsome.

Probably my favorite religion.

Norse is a great choice for the TZDF, it makes zombie killing seem like a one way ticket to heaven.

*Dons viking outfit*

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.