godc0mpl3x

What happens after your death?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What happens after your death?

• Other (...)
    • Reincarnation
    • Nothingness
    • Eternal life

A never-ending lucid dream does sound pretty kick-[wagon]... I still think reincarnation though.

But you'd be conscious it's nothing but a dream, and that nothing, not even the people around you, are real. If you stopped imagining them, they'd cease to exist, and you'd be sitting alone in the dark again. Bare conscience would turn that dream of yours into an eternal nightmare.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A never-ending lucid dream does sound pretty kick-[wagon]... I still think reincarnation though.

But you'd be conscious it's nothing but a dream, and that nothing, not even the people around you, are real. If you stopped imagining them, they'd cease to exist, and you'd be sitting alone in the dark again. Bare conscience would turn that dream of yours into an eternal nightmare.

I didn't mean it would literally work in the same way as a dream. Just in the sense that you know it's not real, and you know you're in control is what I mean. Whatever you WANT to happen, happens. The only thing that would be bad is something I learned in the Oblivion game.

If you knew that the people around you were made up, had no real sentience, couldn't that get lonely?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I am Catholic and thus believe in eternal life after death, but at times I can find such a thing incredibly hard to perceive. The concept of eternity scares and confuses me. I mean, where was the beginning of the universe? before the big bang. Even if there was nothingness, where did that nothing come from? What does a total absense of everything look like? Just a blank white spot? Well that's something, isn't it? How could there have been something for all eternity before the big bank, and all of a sudden at the end of all life it just goes to absolutely nothing? There has to be something there. This is why I try not to kill myself with these questions. I leave my future (and past) in the hands of God so I can move on with my life and let the Atheists work out a logical explanation to the concept of nothing and eternity.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I belive in enternal life. Though it does kinda scare me to live... forever after you die...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I am Catholic and thus believe in eternal life after death, but at times I can find such a thing incredibly hard to perceive. The concept of eternity scares and confuses me. I mean, where was the beginning of the universe? before the big bang. Even if there was nothingness, where did that nothing come from? What does a total absense of everything look like? Just a blank white spot? Well that's something, isn't it? How could there have been something for all eternity before the big bank, and all of a sudden at the end of all life it just goes to absolutely nothing? There has to be something there. This is why I try not to kill myself with these questions. I leave my future (and past) in the hands of God so I can move on with my life and let the Atheists work out a logical explanation to the concept of nothing and eternity.

It wouldn't be white, white is what our eyes perceive as all the different wavelengths of light combined together, so if it is white that would mean there is a source of light. Black would mean the absence of light.

Atheists don't kill themselves with these questions. We know there is nothing supernatural in this world (there are things that we don't quite understand yet), so that when we die nothing happens. We just simply cease to be conscious.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It would be awesome if heaven was...awesome. I can't really describe it in words, but...it'll be like it is now but without the negative stuff. Hanging out with friends, having fun, not worrying about it, but x10 better. Instead of visiting a couple of places each day (park, movie theater, restaurant, hiking trip, etc) they'd be millions of options for us. We'll still sleep and eat, but we wouldn't work. We'd have hobbies and goals to pursue, but they'd be no major worries at all. Well maybe that your date won't like you. :lol:

But it's not going to be like that and instead nothingness.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A friend of mine was technically dead for a short amount of time. Suicide. What he told me matches with what many of you have been saying throughout the thread: he lost consciousness, and the next thing he knew he woke up in the hospital. Like a dreamless sleep. I find that to be almost comforting, that I'll just cease to exist. No worries. No thoughts. Nothing. Right now it seems a bit scary, like some ominous cloud hanging over my life, like I'm just waiting to get rained on. But I'm hoping, that in 50 or 60 years when I've lived my life, the idea of nothingness won't be so so bad. When I think about all of this heaven and hell business, or other theories comparable, it seems alot scarier to believe I'll be conscious forever, no down time or anything. I guess, personally, the best alternative would be reincarnation. But anyways, on topic, I voted for nothingness.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

for the reincarnation votes/people sympathetic to it, are you thinking of random reincarnation or the karma get reborn based on your past life type? Just curious.

Random. The soul just finds the nearest empty "shell", or fetus and waits to be given birth to or hatch.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

for the reincarnation votes/people sympathetic to it, are you thinking of random reincarnation or the karma get reborn based on your past life type? Just curious.

Random. The soul just finds the nearest empty "shell", or fetus and waits to be given birth to or hatch.

If reincarnation were to be true, this would probably be the answer, but I do wish it was based on karma. Scum who rape and murder should be a tapeworm for someone who eats a whole lot of Mexican food.

I'd like to think reincarnation, but you wouldn't know about your past self, otherwise everyone would remember their past lives, so it's not like it would be any different then what life is now. We could all be reincarnated and not know it.

But, I have to say nothingness. All we are is flesh and bones, with nothing more behind it, so nothing would "go on" to be reincarnated or whatever.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

If reincarnation were to be true, this would probably be the answer, but I do wish it was based on karma. Scum who rape and murder should be a tapeworm for someone who eats a whole lot of Mexican food.

Well think about it. It isn't fair for a murderer to be reborn as an orphan child who is raped and abused by his foster parents because he'd be being tortured not punished. It wouldn't be a punishment if he didn't know what he did to deserve it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Well think about it. It isn't fair for a murderer to be reborn as an orphan child who is raped and abused by his foster parents because he'd be being tortured not punished. It wouldn't be a punishment if he didn't know what he did to deserve it.

Tapeworm > Conscious orphan

Here's my new version of reincarnation:

You don't remember your past lives while you are alive.

After you die, you go into limbo, but you can see the whole world, and are pretty much omniscient, so you can see what happened to your loved ones, and so on. When you wish, you can be reincarnated.

Your basic personality stays the same throughout your lives, but it can obviously be affected by outside sources.

There would be no god, or ruler of the universe.

Not that I believe in that, but that would be cool.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

After you die, you go into limbo, but you can see the whole world, and are pretty much omniscient, so you can see what happened to your loved ones, and so on. When you wish, you can be reincarnated.

Your basic personality stays the same throughout your lives, but it can obviously be affected by outside sources.

Indeed it would

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Indeed it would

It'd be way too tempting to stay in limbo being omniscient forever for me.

Indeed it would

Maybe thats why the earth is so bad, all the cool people are chilling and laughing at us \'

awteno.jpg

Indeed it would

Maybe thats why the earth is so bad, all the cool people are chilling and laughing at us \'

And like any good landlords they'd throw you out after you didn't pay them on a monthly basis.

Question.

Why think about this? Let what happens, happens. There probably is something else better to do that would concern you right now or in the near future and not something that will happen to you in like 60 or 70 odd years time (hopefully). Well I mean it in the case of death, you can't really have that attitude for everything.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Question.

Why think about this? Let what happens, happens. There probably is something else better to do that would concern you right now or in the near future and not something that will happen to you in like 60 or 70 odd years time (hopefully). Well I mean it in the case of death, you can't really have that attitude for everything.

Why think about this? It's worth thinking about because your conclusion will affect your whole life. If you decide that "the Christian version of things" is true then you'd read the bible cover to cover a couple times and join a monastery in hopes of maximizing your chances of getting into heaven(hmmm, who's done this?). If you decided that the karma based reincarnation version is true then you'd take the next plane to Africa to take care of orphaned children to up your chances of being reincarnated as god. And if you decide that you'll just die then you'll go upon your daily business like normal(Who does that again?)

Also a question to you karma "people"....What defines whats "good" or "bad" in the karma system? Because most moral systems are very dynamic and constantly change, there are no such thing as "objective" morals only subjective morals.

A friend of mine was technically dead for a short amount of time. Suicide. What he told me matches with what many of you have been saying throughout the thread: he lost consciousness, and the next thing he knew he woke up in the hospital. Like a dreamless sleep. I find that to be almost comforting, that I'll just cease to exist. No worries. No thoughts. Nothing. Right now it seems a bit scary, like some ominous cloud hanging over my life, like I'm just waiting to get rained on. But I'm hoping, that in 50 or 60 years when I've lived my life, the idea of nothingness won't be so so bad. When I think about all of this heaven and hell business, or other theories comparable, it seems alot scarier to believe I'll be conscious forever, no down time or anything.

This is exactly how I feel. I find it's the only way I can deal with my mortality, and live my life. Knowing it's all going to be over in a few decades is what gives me that extra drive at times, but it's also a comforting stance for when I think about the ones I've lost.

hiccup.png

Also a question to you karma "people"....What defines whats "good" or "bad" in the karma system? Because most moral systems are very dynamic and constantly change, there are no such thing as "objective" morals only subjective morals.

The "best" answer I can give for that is that a god who was intelligent would be able to differentiate between moral relativism and concious. For instance, its safe to assume for karma that murder=bad; feeding starving children=good but its hard to judge things like human sacrifice back in the mayan culture.

awteno.jpg

U keep 3 clothes on you, or your pocket money, then u go to fally/lumby .. depends on what u have selected and u have to go and live again :o

P.S: I wonder what happens to most of the s player ( no-lifers) .. they have no life how can they die :shock: