When and How did you find about Runescape?

Clay_More12

I was told by a classmate, so I made an account and got started. This was during Runescape Classic, where at the time you were able to choose a class at the beginning. Like adventurer, miner, wizard, and it'd give you an axe, tinderbox, and logs for adventurer, or a staff and wizard hat for a wizard...

Ah, the times.

Then I got my account hijacked by a player impersonating a Jmod because I was a total bonehead.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 6-7 years ago I saw this kid playing while my class was in the computer lab. Everytime the teacher turned around he would go back to the page and play. I even remember where he was at, draynor manor, he quit because he couldnt get out. I was pretty young back then and didn't play much because we had dial-up still and i was never into it until like a year later.

meta318.png

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

Lets start flaming Colossus;

I found RuneScape on miniclip.

I found out about RuneScape from friends who found it on miniclip. Yeah that's right, I'm a second-gen miniclipper. :roll:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

In October 2003, a couple of my friends and I were on a bus. They randomly started talking about this 'Runescape' game, with swords and goblins etc. I asked one about it, and he told me the gist. I googled it and signed up.

sig1p.jpg

i was doing research online for a computer class, it had to about Java, and somehow i just started playing different games and found RS.

"Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does." -Allen Ginsberg

April 2002, I was in 4th grade and a friend of mine (who i've played pretty consistently on/off with over the past 7 years and still to this day sorta) was drawing a picture when we were hanging out in the art room after getting back from a field trip, I asked him what it was (it was runescape related) and he told me about the website and what not.

sig3bh7.png

In 2004 my brother introduced me to it, I thought you could only play on the miniclip website until I just accidently typed in 'runescape.com' in the top bar, I played for a couple of years, then quit, then came back every now and then. And then a year ago I got members. :shock: Been obsessed eversince

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I found out about RS in about mid 2004. I did a search on the internet for runic stones. The only problem was that I direct translated it from swedish (I didn't speak good english back then, I was just 13 years old); rune stones. This made a hit for RS came up, which I clicked. I got curious and started playing :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

miniclip

SHUNNN@@@@@@

DO NOT WANT.

:P

I came on when friends said this is fun. ;_; Grade 7. Fail. Grade 112 now.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

4 years ago, I was new in my school and heard everyone talking about how bad this 'Runescape' was.

I decided to check it out and a few of my friends did too, the longest one played on and off but mostly off for years but he's a bit active again lately but I kept playing the 4 years, after trying it to see if it was that bad I fell in love. <3:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

In early 2006 i knew this guy (he had a strange delusion that he was my boyfriend) and, as we were both into computer games, he suggested we find an online game we could play together

Then i read an article on the BBC News about how great it was to hang out with your mates... and it was free to play!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4774534.stm

So i went thru tutorial island and then told the guy about it, saying it would take him no more than 15 minutes from registering to arriving in Lumbridge, where i would wait for him at an agreed time...

And i waited and waited and waited in Lumbridge whilst trying to contact him by other means

Eventually i gave up waiting and decided to play the game on my own

When i did get hold of him, he declared that the game was "too difficult" and that he didn't want to play

So i continued to play on my own

And the guy? He went on to play World of Warcraft

rsbotsonline.png

An old friend told me about RuneScape in November of 2005.

Hey, me too!

He said there was a bunch of different emotions you could do and you can pick what to say to NPCs.

I still remember discussing smithing...how I could finally start doing iron items. <3:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

friend showed me when the first version came out in like 01 showed me how he made money but i trained harder then skilled and started bankin early in da game, so wats good?

oh and i found tip it from some1 advertising the clan like when it just had like 20 people =p ima vetern!

-MeGa-

in like, 2001 or 2002, my friends and i had some free time in school, finished all our work, so we went in to the small computer room between 2 classes (each class was connected to its neighbour by a small room. most had computers in them) and played games. one of them had this weird black page with a red bar, the bar slowly creeping across the screen...

"hey callum, whats that"

"a game"

i looked at the URL.

www.runescape.com

i went on when i got home, made my first account, alex14543372

i played for a few days then died. and also i didnt like my rsn, so i made walka92

and here i am now

all my friends who played it back then have long since quit and i kept playing. most of my new friends dont know i play though

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come