• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say so.

Torag's is a bit usless.

Guthan's is handy.

Verac's is good for pvp.

Karil is quite good for ranged.

Ahrim is good for magic.

They give good def but the degrading factor makes it costly.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

I wouldnt say so.

Torag's is a bit usless.

Guthan's is handy.

Verac's is good for pvp.

Karil is quite good for ranged.

Ahrim is good for magic.

They give good def but the degrading factor makes it costly.

Degrading hardly affects a persons income unless they frequently die. Barrows is nowhere near nooby.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Barros is probably the best armour in the game combined, karil's is only beaten by armadyl, but for the price it's very worthwhile, ahrims is without a doubt the best mage armour, veracs is pure offensive, prayer bonus for piety, plus the effect, dharoks is much like a str/def mix, has high defence, and can hit the odd massive hit, torags is pure defensive, for the cost, the best defence armour in the game without a doubt. Guthans is kind of getting out-dated now with summon, but at lower defence levels its great PvM gear.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Err no. Nothing is 'nooby' it's just what people call things they think are worse than them.

amen. =D>

In my opinion, its superb armor. I use torag's body with dragon legs instead of the full set to conserve money while i save up for something else. Maybe you can also?

dtownboy.png

chatscreen-1-1.jpg

Brawl Code: 1633-9644-2679 (always up for a battle! PM me.)

Barrows is great, why would anyone think it's bad? :? And no, it's not costly, it costs like 150K or something (for the whole set) to use for 15 hours of combat.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Torag - Great Defence Tank

Guthan - Gr8 special

Dharok - Great special for certian situations

Veracs - Sheer ownage for kq and pvp

Ahrims - Pretty much the best mage gear in-game. May not give the biggest mage bonuses, but doesn't fall far short and makes up for it with gd melee def

Karil - some of the best range armour in-game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only barrow armour that is close to useless is guthans, since 68 summoning beats it to the ground, and is really easy to get.

The others are all really good, in one way or another.

2Xeo5.png

The only barrow armour that is close to useless is guthans, since 68 summoning beats it to the ground, and is really easy to get.

The others are all really good, in one way or another.

Guthans is still effective in say, the Fight Caves, right?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Is barrows armor for noobs?

*Sigh*...

I'll say it short:

Barrows armors are the best armor available for players at good price.

Some pieces are just as good as Bandos for training purposes. If Bandos is better, it is just by a slight amount, due to the high defenses + prayer of Barrows.

It's nowhere close to a noob armor.

Barrow armor are better than Bandos if you ask me. Bandos has only the best range defence, Barrow has the best melee defence.

And most of monsters we kill use melee.

Not in the slightest, bandos is overrated. I guess you'd say dragon is for noobs. :P The expensive comes from looks for dragon, not in terms of use.

Even if I had tassets I'd still use verac skirt most likely, and barrows beats bandos in most situations. I guess bandos is just for those with money to blow like those with full dragon.

imagangster.png

Not in the slightest, bandos is overrated. I guess you'd say dragon is for noobs. :P The expensive comes from looks for dragon, not in terms of use.

Even if I had tassets I'd still use verac skirt most likely, and barrows beats bandos in most situations. I guess bandos is just for those with money to blow like those with full dragon.

I got money and can spend it on Bandos. I have many times and later sold Bandos because it's not as good in melee defense as Barrow. Bandos is good for 1) Ranged defence 2) Power training 3) Looks.

My combo is:

Guthan plate+skirt

Extra:

Guthan spear+helm for full set effect>Heals

That combo beats Bandos by 100%. And it's kinda stupid to Bring Bandos chestplate+tassets +full guthan and do this:

1) Heal with guthan

2) Change to Bandos and kill

Waste of space.

The +6 Strength bonus is not that great.

EDIT:

I don't mean to be rude but i am gonna tell the truth. This thread has no discussion value. Because everyone knows how great Barrow armor is.

And to say that they are for "Noobs"...

I got Karil's top and skirt which i use for Waterfiends and strong magical monsters.

I got Guthan platebody and skirt which i use with full set for healing and for all melee monsters after healing.

Torag's platebody and legs are great if you do not got Guthan set to use. Guthan's skirt has lower defense than Dharok's/Torag leg.

But if you got Guthan set then go with that armor and helm+spear when you need healing.

I normally hit 50+ on it with most AGS specs.

=D>

(I clapped for you, happy now?) - The defense/armour doesn't have the slightest influence over the maximum or "average" hit if your still hit- other than spectral/divine shields nothing reduces the damage done. However I doubt you hit "most of the time"

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

=D>

(I clapped for you, happy now?) - The defense/armour doesn't have the slightest influence over the maximum or "average" hit if your still hit- other than spectral/divine shields nothing reduces the damage done. However I doubt you hit "most of the time"

If it makes you feel better -

I normally hit above 1 with most AGS specs.

Zerker_jane.png

=D>

If i hit 34,0,24 on rune, and then 24,0,0 on barrows, would you not say it has reduced the damage taken? I certainly would.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

=D>

If i hit 34,0,24 on rune, and then 24,0,0 on barrows, would you not say it has reduced the damage taken? I certainly would.

He's right. Armour doesn't protect against strength, only attack.

I was just saying my average hit.

Zerker_jane.png

=D>

He's right. Armour doesn't protect against strength, only attack.

I was just saying my average hit.

An average hit is nothing if you don't hit at all. I bet if you took 0's into the average, it would be alot lower.

zqXeV.jpg

Note: I think the melee bros. (besides Verac) have the same def stats, +/- only a few points.

Torag's: Cheap (I think), but the weapon (hammers) is near useless.

Guthan's: Very useful set for slayers and camp training, given you don't have 68 summoning. After that, it can still be useful, but is just less so.

Dharok's: Used best as a set, for the special. Best used in PvP and under certain methods of training- no real rec. use.

Verac's: The skirt is useful alone, and the helmet can be too, but it's expensive. Has a nice prayer boost, but is best used as a set for Monster Hunting.

Ahrim's: Wonderful armor, useless staff. The robes are better than mystic (I think), and have the defense of adamant armor.

Karil's: Same range bonus as Black D'hide, but has better defense. So I guess it's good if you'l lbe taking damage while you range (it also has better mage def?)

Barrow's armor is awesome. The only drawback is the degrading, which you should be able to cover, if you were able to buy the pieces in the first place.

Now I've used Barrow armour for some time, I used it a lot for Slayer, and compared to Runite armour I saved a ton of food due to its epic defence stats.

I remember a friend of mine thought he would be able to defeat me because he borrowed a Godsword, said he'd rip through my armour. So we went to the Duel Arena and fought. Guess who won, baby? ;)

He eventually asked me to remove my armour (which was Dharok's platelegs & platebody) because he blamed that for his poor hits and only then could he beat me.

So yeah, it's no where near 'nooby' armour. It's some of the best armour in the game, IMO. :thumbup:

libertherme.png

Note: I think the melee bros. (besides Verac) have the same def stats, +/- only a few points.

Torag's: Cheap (I think), but the weapon (hammers) is near useless.

Torag is great defense if you just need defense. Agree hammer has not much good use, can be used for waterfiends though.

Guthan's: Very useful set for slayers and camp training, given you don't have 68 summoning. After that, it can still be useful, but is just less so.

Guthan's set is great yes.

Dharok's: Used best as a set, for the special. Best used in PvP and under certain methods of training- no real rec. use.

Dharok's is great use too

Verac's: The skirt is useful alone, and the helmet can be too, but it's expensive. Has a nice prayer boost, but is best used as a set for Monster Hunting.

Verac armoury is great for monster hunting and full set is great for KQ and other monsters

Ahrim's: Wonderful armor, useless staff. The robes are better than mystic (I think), and have the defense of adamant armor.

Great magic attack bonus, the best. Great for pking.

Karil's: Same range bonus as Black D'hide, but has better defense. So I guess it's good if you'l lbe taking damage while you range (it also has better mage def?)

Karil has best range defense for a range armor, and best magical armor for a meleer and is 2nd best magical defense armor. Rangers can use Armadyl which is best for magical defense if they need that.

Barrow's armor is awesome. The only drawback is the degrading, which you should be able to cover, if you were able to buy the pieces in the first place.

Barrow armor expenses is very cheap when good smithing and a armour stand at POH.