Barrows Armor

funion987

Note: I think the melee bros. (besides Verac) have the same def stats, +/- only a few points.

Not exactly. On each of them, the parts all have a High defense piece, which 3 have, while each set has one "Inferior" piece. Example being Torags helm, Guthans helm, and Veracs Helm all have the same high defense, while Dharoks helm has a slightly reduced defense. (However veracs has less range/more mage defense by a minimal amount on most parts, IIRC). Each "Inferior" Piece would be Dharok Helm, Guthan Skirt, And Verac Brassard. Torags Armor itself has no "Inferior" piece, where each is the highest for a barrows part, as its based on defense (See below)

And since I see alot on what each is best for, note each set is based around a specific melee skill:

Veracs: Based on Attack. Set is based on hitting as frequently as possible- hence the special.

Dharoks: Based on Strength. Set effect is based on hitting the hardest you possibly can.

Torags: Based on Defense. It's armor doesn't have an "Inferior" Piece (explained above) And as a full barrows set, has the highest defense.

Guthans: Based on HP. Set effect obviously heals you.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally hit 50+ on it with most AGS specs.

=D>

(I clapped for you, happy now?) - The defense/armour doesn't have the slightest influence over the maximum or "average" hit if your still hit- other than spectral/divine shields nothing reduces the damage done. However I doubt you hit "most of the time"

If i hit 34,0,24 on rune, and then 24,0,0 on barrows, would you not say it has reduced the damage taken? I certainly would.

He's right. Armour doesn't protect against strength, only attack.

I was just saying my average hit.

An average hit is nothing if you don't hit at all. I bet if you took 0's into the average, it would be alot lower.

I did. Hence the word average.

Zerker_jane.png

I wouldnt say so.

Torag's is a bit usless.

Guthan's is handy.

Verac's is good for pvp.

Karil is quite good for ranged.

Ahrim is good ESSENTIAL for magic.

They give good def but the degrading factor makes it costly.

a small tweak and we share opinions :S

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I wouldnt say so.

Torag's is a bit usless.

Guthan's is handy.

Verac's is good for pvp.

Karil is quite good for ranged.

Ahrim is good ESSENTIAL for magic.

They give good def but the degrading factor makes it costly.

a small tweak and we share opinions :S

I was just coming back to edit that :lol:

I just relised what people were wearing with the ancient staff, I know nooby. :oops:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

The only barrow armour that is close to useless is guthans, since 68 summoning beats it to the ground, and is really easy to get.

The others are all really good, in one way or another.

Guthans is still effective in say, the Fight Caves, right?

Not really, most people doing the caves realize the hassle and costs of bringing Guthans into the fight caves. Most people would just continually range with a huge prayer bonus anyways, and it would still be far cheaper than using guthans. (Prayer potions + Broad bolt & Rune C'bow method is really inexpensive and gets the job well done)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Its the best armour in game, period.

Bandos, that's nooby :-)

I can afford 20 bandos sets, yet I dont own even one.

You speak wisely Brother. :twss:

LIES!

<3: bandos armour

I'm not so sure. It seems really pointless to me. I can afford a few Bandos sets as well, and I've owned it twice...both times I've sold it away again. There's very little benefit.

Err no. Nothing is 'nooby' it's just what people call things they think are worse than them.

Isn't that the point of adjectives? Making things relative to other things? :o

Barrows is awesome.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Actually no.

Torag minus the hammers, is great for defence actually, actually the best.

Guthan, well guthan is great for slayer...everone should know that.

Verac, is great for dule arena, and for boss monsters, one example is the Kalphite queen.

Dharock, when used right is great to see some of the highest hits in runescape (max is 110? I really dont know)

Karils, eh... this one might be noob for the entier set. However, it can hit very hard and fast for ranged.

Ahrims, might be the worse, the full set of armor is great for mage, but besides that nothing eles.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Actually no.

Verac, is great for dule arena, and for boss monsters, one example is the Kalphite queen.

Dharock, when used right is great to see some of the highest hits in runescape (max is 110? I really dont know)

Karils, eh... this one might be noob for the entier set. However, it can hit very hard and fast for ranged.

Ahrims, might be the worse, the full set of armor is great for mage, but besides that nothing eles.

TORAGS: You're wrong. Torags has the EXACT SAME defense bonuses as guthans and dharoks. The helm and legs also match the corresponding veracs pieces (but are inferior since Veracs gives prayer). So no, it's not the best. It's equal or worse.

GUTHAN: Obsolete really. Bunyip/Unicorn/SGS/Excalibur/Pizzas/Regen Brace/Rapid Heal have pretty much replaced every single one of its viable uses. Sure it's still GOOD in some places, but in no where I know of is it the BEST.

VERAC: Agreed on PvP, but it's worthless for boss monsters. As said before, it's GOOD, but not the BEST. Godswords deal with TDs, GWD, and DKS much better and the KQ is official obsolete as a boss monster.

DHAROK: The max is a perfect 99 on another player. Yes, it's great for the high hits. Agreed.

KARIL: Yeah, the xbow is awesome, but the major two turnoffs are irretrievable ammo and it being 2h. It's NOT noob for the rest of the set. It's the second best magic defense in the game. Only Armadyl is better, which costs like 20x more, and Armadyl gives negative melee attack bonuses. Only truly worthless piece is the coif.

AHRIMS: Agreed, but who else except a mage would use mage armor anyway? It's good for mages, and that's all that matters. The staff isn't so good, and the Farseer can compete with the hood, but the top and bottom is awesome.

[hide=]

Actually no.

TORAGS: You're wrong. Torags has the EXACT SAME defense bonuses as guthans and dharoks. The helm and legs also match the corresponding veracs pieces (but are inferior since Veracs gives prayer). So no, it's not the best. It's equal or worse.

GUTHAN: Obsolete really. Bunyip/Unicorn/SGS/Excalibur/Pizzas/Regen Brace/Rapid Heal have pretty much replaced every single one of its viable uses. Sure it's still GOOD in some places, but in no where I know of is it the BEST.

VERAC: Agreed on PvP, but it's worthless for boss monsters. As said before, it's GOOD, but not the BEST. Godswords deal with TDs, GWD, and DKS much better and the KQ is official obsolete as a boss monster.

DHAROK: The max is a perfect 99 on another player. Yes, it's great for the high hits. Agreed.

KARIL: Yeah, the xbow is awesome, but the major two turnoffs are irretrievable ammo and it being 2h. It's NOT noob for the rest of the set. It's the second best magic defense in the game. Only Armadyl is better, which costs like 20x more, and Armadyl gives negative melee attack bonuses. Only truly worthless piece is the coif.

AHRIMS: Agreed, but who else except a mage would use mage armor anyway? It's good for mages, and that's all that matters. The staff isn't so good, and the Farseer can compete with the hood, but the top and bottom is awesome.

[/hide]

True on Ahrims, I didnt think about the defence of it. :wall:

I still have to disagree with torag though. I used it all the time when I did do combat, and it seems to have the best defence is the game, but then again I might be wrong.

Ah well, if i ever do combat again, it will be with torag ;)

EDIT:1000th post im so happy :D

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

[hide=]
Actually no.

[/hide]

I still have to disagree with torag though. I used it all the time when I did do combat, and it seems to have the best defence is the game, but then again I might be wrong.

Well the best defense in the game is actually the PvP armors coupled with a Dragonfire shield or Elysian Spirit Shield (or the other one, you get what I mean). But if you compared the stats of Torags Legs, Dharoks Legs, Veracs Skirt, and Guthans Skirt, you'll find they're the same. So they're really equal.

Actually that's a lie, because Veracs is the best of the 4 (prayer bonus). But if you look at defenses alone, they're all the same.

Although Torags does tend to be the cheapest, you have to watch those prices carefully. Dharoks is currently the cheapest platebody.

=D>

(I clapped for you, happy now?) - The defense/armour doesn't have the slightest influence over the maximum or "average" hit if your still hit- other than spectral/divine shields nothing reduces the damage done. However I doubt you hit "most of the time"

If i hit 34,0,24 on rune, and then 24,0,0 on barrows, would you not say it has reduced the damage taken? I certainly would.

An average hit is nothing if you don't hit at all. I bet if you took 0's into the average, it would be alot lower.

I don't blame pulli23, 3hitm4g3u's word usage was horrible. It seems as if he's saying that strength is affected by defense.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

... Is this a joke lmfao? Barrows for noobs?

If anything, Bandos and 3rd age is for noobs since only the noobs don't realize that a higher price doesn't mean better armour. Barrows kicks Bandos's [wagon] in almost every possible situation. +1 hit max vs taking about half the damage you would with any other armour, it doesn't take a genius to decide which is better there. Unless you train on yaks/rock crabs with 70+ def (in which case your a bit of an idiot...), barrows is better.

The cost of barrows is overated aswell, it's about 15k/hr for the armour? Your average level 80 can make 200k+/hr. Easily. Therefore the cost of barrows is compeltely negligable.

Barrows for noobs.... LOL@YOU.

I realise people don't always buy 3rd age armour to use for combat, I was just using it to illustrate my point.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I have enough armor to purchase nearly any armor that I wish, however, when I'm slaying, I still use my guthans + whip + rune def. Barrows won't be outdated for a long time due to the fact that it is cheap with massive def. The set affects can always be appreciated by someone somewhere in RS.

120dgl.jpg

If anything, Bandos and 3rd age is for noobs since only the noobs don't realize that a higher price doesn't mean better armour.

higher price generally means it has higher statistics in a certain area that dominates the other. ex: 3rd age is MUCH more rare then barrows, explaining that 3rd age costs thousands times more. second, 3rd age is worn by players to show off their wealth since not a lot can afford 3rd age armour.

bandos is worn because many players sought the strength bonus it gives opposed to barrows superior defence and the lack of repairing. barrows is so commonplace and the repairing makes it undesirable for players that prefer barrows over other armours.

higher price generally means it has higher statistics in a certain area that dominates the other. ex: 3rd age is MUCH more rare then barrows, explaining that 3rd age costs thousands times more. second, 3rd age is worn by players to show off their wealth since not a lot can afford 3rd age armour.

Read the fine print under my post.

bandos is worn because many players sought the strength bonus it gives opposed to barrows superior defence and the lack of repairing. barrows is so commonplace and the repairing makes it undesirable for players that prefer barrows over other armours.

The strength bonus of bandos is nothing. The chest plate is somewhat considerable in a select few scenarios where you're praying 10% strength and have high defence. Not exactly a replacement at all.

As for the repair, it's not even worth mentioning TBH. It's just so insignificant that if I was to form a pro/con list, I wouldn't even bother to put it in as a con. Who's going to camp over 16 hours? No one (you're wasting your time if you do - you should always bank for super sets). Who's unable to keep up with a ~15k/hr cost for the best armour in the game? No one.

People can use bandos if they want to max or if they like the look, I really don't care, but they should know their money could be better invested.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

[hide=]
Actually no.

[/hide]

Well the best defense in the game is actually the PvP armors coupled with a Dragonfire shield or Elysian Spirit Shield (or the other one, you get what I mean). But if you compared the stats of Torags Legs, Dharoks Legs, Veracs Skirt, and Guthans Skirt, you'll find they're the same. So they're really equal.

Actually that's a lie, because Veracs is the best of the 4 (prayer bonus). But if you look at defenses alone, they're all the same.

Although Torags does tend to be the cheapest, you have to watch those prices carefully. Dharoks is currently the cheapest platebody.

Verac's skirt has weaker ranged defence.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I'm mostly using bandos for melee slayer tasks since I don't need much defense.

When I tank iron dragons i exchange bandos tassets for verac skirt. It has better prayer and defense. Add a DFS and you still have a respectable defense.

For all mage defense tasks I use karils.

But not for something such as bloodvelds. I simply use void range (when I am ranging them), or black d'hide, because they don't hit hard with 99 defense.

I had a phase in my leveling when barrows was essential. That was when I hadn't maxed melee yet, summoning didn't exist, and guthans was standard equipment for any slayer.

Haven't taken guthans out of the bank for ages though.

In conclusion I only use parts of verac and karils.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

=D>

I don't blame pulli23, 3hitm4g3u's word usage was horrible. It seems as if he's saying that strength is affected by defense.

Yeah...Until I cleared it up over a page ago...And in the quote you just quoted...

Zerker_jane.png

I have enough armor to purchase nearly any armor that I wish, however, when I'm slaying, I still use my guthans + whip + rune def. Barrows won't be outdated for a long time due to the fact that it is cheap with massive def. The set affects can always be appreciated by someone somewhere in RS.

This.

Still number 1 when it comes to defence, and the repairs are next to nothing, 14 hours or so of training + drops will most of the time cover cost and make you profit all the same. Very good armour, which ill continue to use for anow.

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely