Biggest Bonehead Award

A friend of mine said you'd get gold gloves if you used low alchemy on leather gloves. I spent a month runecrafting so i could get the magic level.. I still remember how tricked i felt, standing with fresh bought runes to low alch, a full inventory of items ready to be trimmed at audreys rune store in varrok.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into the Wildy with my entire cashpile (like 9k, but was like level 32 lulz), the three keys for Silverlight, and pretty much my entire bank. Some guy rushed killed me. I then had to kill goblins for a week - with my bare hands. Others..... hmm..

Aah, here we are. Some buy was buying other people's junk for 600k. I sold him an iron axe / pick, and he gave me 600k. I started posting on alot of rs vids on yt that I got 600k for junk. Then I saw it was only 6k. I laughed.

Aah, good times. Good times....

I saw a friend of mine with this really epic sword and I thought to myself "Hey, I gotta get a piece of that."

So me and my friend were trying to kill these zombies underneath Varrock and I told him to continue attacking them even though he was real low on HP, eventually he died but no sword. I later found out it was the Silverlight. #-o

What a good friend. :^o

libertherme.png

i want more stories lol :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :!: :!: :!:

hmm lets see...when i hit 40 def i sold my bank to buy full rune then a guy told me he could get me free zammy wines so i followed him knowing that the dudes there will kill u if u try to take it but i thought my awesome new armor would protect me...gf me for losin my entire worth

i was well into the lvl 30's when my cousin (who had played rs for less than a week) was watchin me play and after bout 20 mins told me i could click on the minimap to move instead of on the screen...i moved like 5 steps at a time up till then :wall:

when i hit ~500k bank worth i sold everything just to see the 500k then told some guy id met a couple days before and hes like hey i got 500k cash wanna trade it to see 1m? so i was like yah sure so he gives me 500k and i egasm all over 1m then i give him the 1m...gf bank...again...

thats all i can think of atm

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

Haha.

Well mine has to be the time i got scammed my first rune kite.

I was trying to buy a rune kite in Camelot bank, and i had just got 50k from my mum(yes, my mum PLAYED Runescape lol) and i traded with some guy selling one.

He swapped the noted rune kite with a noted iron one, and as i was frantically pressing accept, i didnt realise. I then ran outside like really sad to my mum begging her irl for 50k.

I freaking fail :P

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

Haha.

Well mine has to be the time i got scammed my first rune kite.

I was trying to buy a rune kite in Camelot bank, and i had just got 50k from my mum(yes, my mum PLAYED Runescape lol) and i traded with some guy selling one.

He swapped the noted rune kite with a noted iron one, and as i was frantically pressing accept, i didnt realise. I then ran outside like really sad to my mum begging her irl for 50k.

I freaking fail :P

Didshe give you another 50k?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Right when I joined, a highwayman killed me while I was wandering around. I tried adding him to ask for my stuff back, and eventually called in a level 20ish friend to kill him and get it back for me.

Sadly, this didn't work out too well =(

Once some hacker told me that if I changed my password into "freemoney" that I should get 100M on my account.

Now I really did want that 100M offcourse so I tried everything to change my password but never succeed.

End of the story: Indeed, I was to noob to get hacked XD :oops:...

I think I win... My big fails include:

1- After I first made my account, I couldn't figure out how to talk... I asked my dad to help me after about a day of trying to use emotes to communicate and he found out how after about 20 minutes :roll:

2- When I was a noob, I tried to equip goblin armor and my hammer and spent the next day trying to figure out why i couldn't equip it :wall:

3- I spent 100k to buy an addy h2 shield and tried to equip it but when i did, it unequipped my weapon (I was wielding a rune 2h :wall: ) so I figured the h2 meant 2 handed so it took me an hour to sell the shield but I only got 50k for it... :wall: :wall: :wall:

4- I was helping my friend do the vampire slayer quest but we got stuck in Draynor Manor and we couldn't find a way out so I'm like "screw it" and I ran down the stairs and had the vampire kill me... After a few days, my friend told me that he got out by home teleing :wall: :wall:

God I'm such a noob...

[hide=]

"If that dude over there throws that brick, I'll jump behind that trash can and hide" For example.

Just like that XKCD comic, if anybody has seen it.

A trash can has only a single exit and zero maneuverability within. Plus, you're wide open to an aerial attack and with no place to move around...

Ross said behind the trash can, not in it. :wall:

Did... Did Lenin just get owned by a guy with 29 posts?

The apocalypse is here my friends. :ohnoes:

[/hide]

Back when Yellow Phat was about 40m (I don't know how long ago, 3 years maybe?) I was merchanting ess. This was when there was only one kind of rune essense and it was 40 ea. Well I merchanted rune ess to get my yellow phat, but after I bought it I was still merchanting. So I was theving the master farmer in Draynor while looking on the forums at my post selling rune ess. So I press pick-pocket, and immediatly click the next window for the rsof. When I click back on the Runescape window, I'm in Lumbridge due to the Watchman random.

The kicker is that after I died I panic and tell my "friend" to go get my stuff instead of running to Draynor from Lumbridge. I don't know if he really got it but when I asked for him to give it back he wouldn't but he wouldn't show me that he had it either.

smallsigr.jpg

When I first started I was attempting to train magic by using Mind Runes on myself thinking they'd give my character knowledge on magic... I was yelling my frustration out on public chat behind Lumbridge General Store and someone corrected me.

Oh and before the above story, I made like 3 accounts in the beginning because I'd die and I needed the damn tinderbox (tinderboxes were gold for me back then), I had no idea they were 1 gp at General stores... (When I figured this out I went back to this account. I had made 3rkid2 and some other random ones that the friend who introduced me to Runescape suggested).

Thinking that you got a few HP xp for every point of damage you take. I ended up stocking up on lobsters and going down to the hill giants with no armor, no weapon, and an inventory full of food. Auto-attack was off, so I could just keep taking hits and eating. Spent hours there :wall:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

i remember when i first became a member i trained and minned for so long and hard to get to 70 atk 70deff(with like 55 str) to buy my first barrows set of veracs for 3.6m with all my cash. i traded for it then equiped it and went to kill a guard. i then noticed only 3 items had degraded so i checked and i was wearing a bornze skirt. i had to sell more stuff and go back and buy the skirt from the same guy for another 600k

Y_Z.png

I used to earn money by making a few new accounts, getting them out of tutorial island and drop trading their 20gp plus a few bronze arrows and runes into my main. I told a few of my friends about this "secret" method of making tons of money

I thought that the npc's level determined the combat exp gained from it, but the bad part is that I believed it until I was around level 40 :wall:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I got wildy scammed. I added the dude to my friends list because I thought he did me a favor lol :ugeek: I found out later that that was bad. I then kept playing and what do you know when im 116 I find him, a nooby level 69 in granite with a dlong in the wildy! :thumbsup: I killed him and felt so proud that day lol.

Lets see...

When I started playing runescape, friend told me (He was a me,ber at the time) that in order to train agility, all you have to do is run around. He forgot to mention that I had to go a course and train agility there. I spent like 3 days traning "Agility"

Yeah, I flelt stupid -.-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Right when I joined, a highwayman killed me while I was wandering around. I tried adding him to ask for my stuff back, and eventually called in a level 20ish friend to kill him and get it back for me.

Sadly, this didn't work out too well =(

Cracks me up!! :lol:

Mine would have to be when I spent 2 days checking out all the stores in Members world looking for a newcomers map for P2P. I never knew we could use a worlds map. #-o

or

The time I spent days killing goblins in Lumby with a woodcutting axe and wondering why it was taking me sooo long to kill him I forgot we could use swords. :oops:

( Thanks to Paladinwoli my first friend on Runescape for showing me how to kill and level up.)

queenvalerie.png

lol here is a funny one and i admit to doing it

when i first started this game i didnt like the graphic that much, firstly i thought my graphic card was messed up so i got a new one and still like the same thing, anyways i started playing and took my first walk towards the bridge from lumby, ended up in the goblin house west to the bridge, seeing as they are the same lvl i started training on them, until i was cb lvl 17, i had collected around 10k gold, im like dam im rich, went to buy armour and i saw the price i said " what the beep!!! beeping lame game, armour cost beeping so much" after 2 days my friend explained some stuff and i returned back to playin this game, reached cb 25 and came upon a random player with white phat, i asked him if i can buy it for 1k he replied " hahah beeping nub,no way!!" after that i increased my offer to 5k and he replied "lol your the biggest nub i have ever seen" lol not knowing what "nub" means i replied "thanks" i screached in dictionary what "nub" meant and i couldnt find anything, when i reached lvl 50 then i knew what nub meant lol... time before i kept on taking it as a compliment

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

my sillyness will get you killed:

1. i didnt know that you can get jumped in wildy, so i went to lvl 35 wildy saw some peeps there said hi to them then got jumped, a day later i figured it out that wildy is not safe for nubs like me

2. once again went to wildy with tele runes and stuff, went to lvl 37 with a team of 4 people got jumped and i tried to tele and i couldnt and died along with the rest of my team (they didnt know either that you need to be in lvl20< wildy to tele)

3. went to do dragon slayer and forgot to bring anti fire , didnt notice it untill i got ko-ed by the dragonfire

4. in members i pulled the lever in ardy to lvl 50 wildy, slashed my way out of the web and i got jumped by people there, terrified i ran back and couldnt find the dam lever and died

5. with my full dragon armour and a whip ( this is when there was no full helm and platebody), went to aple toll with my gree gree equiped, i meant to switch the spot of my whip in my inventory but by accident i click on it and i got jumped by the black and white monkeys and died

My sillyness will make you cry

1. on separate occasions by accident i high alch the following items: dragon 2h, whip, dragon chainmail, d skim, rune platebody, black mask, black cav, white beret...i blame it on my wireless mouse

2. by accidently while talkin to my mum (was looking towards my mum when i did this) i dropped my 1.3mill without even noticing untill 5 mins later

3. in fear of getting killed i ran like a p**sy and forgot to get my drop if dragon legs runeplatebody whip dragon med glory dragon boots and food (this was a drop in wildy when i killed a player who was wearing all this stuff)

My sillyness will prove im stupid

1. i didnt know what afk meant

2. i tried to join the two half of shield of arrav, acted as a nub and asked people arround untill one of them told me it cant be done

3. i always thought that getting the skull mark on your head makes other people fear you, later found out it makes you lose all items in your inventory and what your wearing

4. in my early days of rs i tried to wear rusty sword and ruined armour

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png