Biggest Bonehead Award

Years ago when I had just got members I was probably level 50. I did my first treasure trail and got an addy (t) kite, and for some reason I carried all my cash on me too. My last clue had brought me to Brimhaven.

Here's where it gets boneheaded. As I was wandering around looking for a bank, a guy runs up to me and asks if I have any food because he's poisoned and needs to bank his items. Being the greedy person I was back then, I said no, but followed him so I could collect his loot when he died :twisted:

He ended up going to the tribesman NPC's and staying there, and I attacked one. It poisoned me and I ended up dying shortly after he did, losing most of my bank and my treasure trail loot :wall: :wall:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here's mine, you know those dark wizards near the entrance of varrock? You know how so many newbies die there? Well, I didn't make it that far on my first accound, unfourtunately I died at the hands of that level 5 goblin a little southeast of the wizards #-o , and when I respawned i found out i lost my brass necklace :(

Also, trying to tele grab that ruby ring under the varrock bank for quite a while, until I realized it wasn't possible.

Staurolite.png

Making it all the way to Barrows and realizing I forgot my spade! #-o

That was before I had done Desert Treasure or the Myreque quests, so I had taken the long, winding, snail-ridden path. :P

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

When I was new to members (and very new to farming), I went to the Catherby farming patch and saw that my herbs were diseased, I knew that you had to use a plant cure on them but I didn't know where from, I asked if anyone had some plant cure that they could sell me, and someone said "I could sell you one for 1k", I agreed and went the bank to take out 1k and traded, he then told me afterwards that "You know you could've bought it from the farming lady for like 20gp" :wall: :wall:

Silly me. And that player was a right meanie for doing that to me -.-

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Back when I was a low level, I had a Spear obession. Since super weapon poison wasn't around yet, the best posion for spears was kp. I went to do Tai Bwo Wanni Trio, and when giving the hunting brother the spear, I didn't kp poison it as the quest required. I really didn't look forward to getting another spear.

I killed one of those tribesman out of frustration, but shortly learned that their spears had kp poison...ouch. #-o

I finally finished that quest like a month ago for Karmaja 3 gloves.. :lol:

When I was new to members (and very new to farming), I went to the Catherby farming patch and saw that my herbs were diseased, I knew that you had to use a plant cure on them but I didn't know where from, I asked if anyone had some plant cure that they could sell me, and someone said "I could sell you one for 1k", I agreed and went the bank to take out 1k and traded, he then told me afterwards that "You know you could've bought it from the farming lady for like 20gp" :wall: :wall:

Silly me. And that player was a right meanie for doing that to me -.-

Would have been funnier if your crops died right after you finished the trade. :)

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

When I used to carry all my money around I was killing lesser demons and I was swapping windows. I swapped back to the Rs window and I'm almost dead, the lesser demons then hits me and I die. -.- I added the guy who was nearby to give me my money back.(300k) And he was a meany and said no. :cry:

Good fight 300k.

I was pking in f2p with magic, and I almost died so I calmly try to tele to CAMELOT! :evil:

Lets see...

Telling my little sister that she needed a lot of GP for a quest.

I told her to meet me at lumbridge, I teleported. She died, near the goblin village. I didn't make it to her grave in time. She lost ALL of it (all 300k that I helped her merchant).

And I thought we were talking about 2k.... :?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Me and my brother both trained at goblins from 10-40 attack and strength. We did this becuase "You hit constant 5s" #-o

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Go through the abyss and forgetting my talisman, then using a glory to go back to edgeville. Grabbing my talisman going back through the abyss crafting my nats and then realizing I had no charges left in that glory, so I had to cabbage port and run back to edgeville. Took forever #-o

tintdawg.png

the
where i trust the host by giving him the most amount of items than the others. i gave him my addy kite (g) and my full rune so i can win 200k. after that, he teleported. >.> he had a scamming friend who competed with me.

this.

I got scammed this way for a rune (g) kite which I took me aaages to get... after this I had quit rs for like a month and came back :P

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Doing the regicide quest (before charter ships). Just to note if you haven't done the quest, you need to go through the underground pass everytime you want to get to the elven lands during the quest (not sure if you still do now with charter ships). After completing it up to a stage where i needed to take a letter to one of the elven camps from tyras camp. I thought i had fully completed the quest and teleported to ardougne to talk to the king and complete the quest. Had to go back through the pass to take the letter again. I then teleported out, in frustration, not knowing this was the part where you needed to go through the elven lands to the northern area to unlock the gate from the inside. So i teleported out to ardougne, talked to the king, and then had to go through the pass for a third time that day to unlock the gate :roll:

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

i alched my bandos tassets a while back when they were like 14 mil lol

:wall: :wall: :wall:

i had just gotten it back from a freind who i lent it to (using the lend/borrow system thing)

i was alching yew longs and i accidentally alched when i got it back lol

oh and the first day i played i was killed by a cow :wall:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I would mine iron in Rimmington mine, go smelt it, then smith it North West of fally. I did this to about level 60 mining and 55 smithing. I travelled to Varrock for the first time (2004) and saw anvils next to a bank, I facepalmed.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Draynor=Catherby. Enough said.

What? Explain more.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

What? Explain more.

I was near Barbarian Village, and needed a bank. Somehow the world map made me think Catherby was closest.

When I got "there", it took me forever to find out where I really was.

I was confused for days.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

What? Explain more.

I was near Barbarian Village, and needed a bank. Somehow the world map made me think Catherby was closest.

When I got "there", it took me forever to find out where I really was.

I was confused for days.

Thank you.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I remember my biggest idiot award - from my early days of playing Runescape.

The peeps I babysat for got me hooked, but anyhow they showed me where the mine close to Rimmington was, so I would happily mine and bank, etc. I never noticed the world map link, so when a highwayman attacked my level 3, I died (I didn't realize it was an NPC).

I killed goblins for the next 30 minutes trying to get enough coins to cross over into Al Kharid, only to realize that I wasn't there before, and that I didn't know where to find another 10 coins :wall:

Talk about noob.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't really remember my bonehead moments, other than asking people what level I was (took me a month to realise it was the number in the combat screen :x).

My friend though had sara pages (all of them, he picked them up off the floor :o). He sold all four of them for 10K I was like OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

disturbeda.png

• 1 month later...

Well.. back in f2p I once spent some hours looking for spots to flyfish.. Didn't know you have to right click spots.

Taking full armadyl and ranger boots to armadyl gw solo thinking I'm immortal after 1 trip I didn't die with worse equipment. You know what happened

Doing same mistake again later.

There are many other similar things :P

I played f2p for about 3 years '01-'04 on my first account, neon49. I played and played and finally achieved a good 10m I think? This took 2 years. and after I spent it on a blue partyhat (Bought in late '02) full rune, and some other stuff, I forgot the password. The account is still in existance, I just cant remember anything about it.

GAH just imagine #-o #-o :wall: :wall: :x :x :?

and once before, I was walking to Catherby over white wolf mt. and I died from a lvl 26 wolf. It was on my pure skiller, Wizzle Wc and lost quite a bit. and I ran back to ask if anyone got some of my stuff, and a guy said "yeah here" and handed me my bones -.-

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)