This Weeks Update to be "Low Key"

3PointMan

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its just the music cape, I will personally be disappointed, but glad that other people will be enjoying it. If it actually is a lame little update, then :wall:

I'm not all entirely enthused about a Music Cape (mostly because I'm missing one song; Victory is Mine champions challenge)

But I don't think i would be disappointed.

I still think a new cape is pretty low key as well though.

Yea, hopefully Jagex was being sarcastic with their tweet, becuase I don't want to see "We have moved a chicken into it's proper place" as tomorrows update. Wonder if anyone will get that :P

Patch Notes..when they moved a chicken that was roaming too far towards varrock back into it's pin by lumby cows.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Why does everyone assume the update will be today? Not all updates are on Tuesday some come on Wednesday.

Also, for the people saying a music cape....I think that's a bit too much of a stretch.... also what reason would there be to make a music cape? That feels redundant to me....quest cape practically is a music cape.

All I can say to everyone is: don't get your hopes up, it might be a big update, but don't dissapoint yourself if it isn't.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Why does everyone assume the update will be today? Not all updates are on Tuesday some come on Wednesday.

Also, for the people saying a music cape....I think that's a bit too much of a stretch.... also what reason would there be to make a music cape? That feels redundant to me....quest cape practically is a music cape.

All I can say to everyone is: don't get your hopes up, it might be a big update, but don't dissapoint yourself if it isn't.

lol but it will be very nice to see Music cape appear in the next update ::'

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

There was a post on RSOF by a mod saying it wasn't coming out yesterday but all being well it should be out today, ill try and find qfc.

If its a music cape i will LOL... Never wear my pointless quest cape let alone a music one lol. Air guitar was the achievement for music. Only other cape/improvement should be a trimmed quest cape for completing achievement diaries

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Well if there's an update today, should be in the next 1-2 hours. I really hope it's not something stupid. It was leaked an hour or two ago that Portuguese is coming out soon.... I really hope that's not today's update. Many people are going to be mad if that's what it is because that barely affects anyone.

People are dying for a good update right now...

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Portugese will be a seperate update they won't even mention it on Runescape.com it'll be on the portugese RuneScape site, just like french was, german there was a topic because it was first ever multilanguage release.

As for todays/tommorows update (strong feeling its today) you won't be disappointed, it's a summer release which are always big, and has had a weeks preperation for release, which won't be a tiny update, they're creating hype by posting on twitter about this, because it makes people think hard about what it could be, it's most definately MA, maybe bundled updates, MA, Zanaris etc.

By this time last year we already had Summers end quest + HD release, year before was Godwars I think (although that was august).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I hate to break it to you, but this is not about music.

Think along the lines of Key Largo, Key Biscayne, Big Coppit Key, Sugarloaf Key... this is going to be a sailing update

The Lower Keys

:twisted:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The fact they took a week off from updates and that the twitter clearly has a wink at the end of it suggests a degree of sarcasm behind it.

Ergo I doubt it'd be something as small and largely un-playable as a music cape.

If it was me I'd think more outside the box.

Eg low key could refer to a key that you use low down, on say a trapdoor?

And hardly notice it rather than meaning its insignificant means it's either something to do with ghosts and therefore not visible or it's not in a place with regular foot traffic

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[Rant]

I don't care what the in game update is but I want the update to change the graphics on the Runescape homepage, those damn Goblins have been up there since March.

[/Rant]

Anyway, here's hoping that the update should be good! :)

Phaper_Plane.png

[Rant]

I don't care what the in game update is but I want the update to change the graphics on the Runescape homepage, those damn Goblins have been up there since March.

[/Rant]

Anyway, here's hoping that the update should be good! :)

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

I hate to break it to you, but this is not about music.

Think along the lines of Key Largo, Key Biscayne, Big Coppit Key, Sugarloaf Key... this is going to be a sailing update

The Lower Keys

:twisted:

In a word - No

In the United Kingdom and english english it is a Quay not a Key (thou it is still pronounced the same)

In fact most english speaking countires use Quay not Key. Even in frnehc german etc it is things like "quai" rather than clsoe to key.

So given jagex is a uk company we would be having Quays for sailing not Keys, whihc would make a hint saying Keys very unlikely to hold any reference to sailing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We are also adding some other smaller features to the game later this month, such as clockwork toys for your cats, teleportation tablets, making your own cups of tea and even chairs you can sit down in.

Remember that? What did we come out with?

A brand new Skill and Player Owned Houses =D>

It must be something, because if it was in their words

Runescape sneak peak: a nice low key update is planned for this week. Nothing to get too excited about. You'll hardly even notice it ;-)

There would be no point in talking about it...

So something must be up since not only has Jagex called it "Low Key" Which they rarely call their updates but they also called it a "Sneak Peek" so clearly somethings up!

Could it be a MechScape Beta? low key (they don't want the world knowing) and a sneak peek of what the games about? Screenshots of new content would also be part of the "You'll hardly even notice it" bit.

(I made the bit about Mechscape to give out an example. I'm hoping it's Name-Changing.)

So yeah my main guesses are Name Changing,Mobilising Armies or Mechscape Beta :P

Zaroterasu.png

Runescape sneak peak:

Could it be a MechScape Beta? low key (they don't want the world knowing) and a sneak peek of what the games about? Screenshots of new content would also be part of the "You'll hardly even notice it" bit.

(I made the bit about Mechscape to give out an example. I'm hoping it's Name-Changing.)

Its defiantly not mechscape thats almost a fact.

And i'm pretty sure they said on twitter that name changing is a while off yet. (They said hopefully by the end of the year).

Its not really worth me speculating now, as in a few hours we will understand the meaning of it.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Does Jagex always launch updates at certain times? I remember someone mentioned setting their alarm for 7am or something. Is that true? I'm rarely ever on when updates happen so I have no idea.

It'd be nice to know because if it's that huge of an update it'd be nice to be on when it happens.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Does Jagex always launch updates at certain times? I remember someone mentioned setting their alarm for 7am or something. Is that true? I'm rarely ever on when updates happen so I have no idea.

It'd be nice to know because if it's that huge of an update it'd be nice to be on when it happens.

its normally any time after lunch, 2-4pm BST is when they seem to do them most tho.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

its normally any time after lunch, 2-4pm BST is when they seem to do them most tho.

So maybe about 7-9am my time.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

So maybe about 7-9am my time.

They very alot.

But you can gurantee they are in the standard 9 - 5 (gmt) [or bst atm i think due to daylight savings]

Most often they will tend to be at 1pm, 2pm or 3pm from what I've seen.

but they have been as early as 11am and as late as 4.30pm

Plv6Dz6.jpg