BE ADVISED

Dragonlordjl

I understand that it's not right that we have to take such precautions or risk losing our stuff. I realize that it is JaGEx's fault, and that pursuing the matter shows them that we care about these things.

However, I'd rather not expend 350m to be a martyr for the cause.. I don't know about you, but it seems pretty fruitless.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Mat K

Jagex Mod

09-Jul-2009 13:51:03

Hi Ahrh,

As we have always said, we won't replace items lost due bugs in game.

I'm afraid that this bug is no different.

Mat.

~Page 62 of the thread

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

In World of Warcraft, if you lose any items due to a glitch or bug, you can put in a personal ticket in game and a GM will personally message you in game and talk you through a solution to the problem. Also, even if it isn't your fault, for instance if you accidentally destroy the wrong item, or even if you accidentally disenchant it (destroy it, turning it into materials for Enchanting) a GM will always be willing to come and personally asisst you to regain your item so that you can enjoy the game. This whole process will take maybe an hour if the GMs are currently flooded with requests.

Ask yourself why you are playing Runescape, where no items are ever returned, no matter how much they are worth. In WoW it doesn't matter if your item was worth 1g or 5000g, you'll always get it back.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

In World of Warcraft, if you lose any items due to a glitch or bug, you can put in a personal ticket in game and a GM will personally message you in game and talk you through a solution to the problem. Also, even if it isn't your fault, for instance if you accidentally destroy the wrong item, or even if you accidentally disenchant it (destroy it, turning it into materials for Enchanting) a GM will always be willing to come and personally asisst you to regain your item so that you can enjoy the game. This whole process will take maybe an hour if the GMs are currently flooded with requests.

Ask yourself why you are playing Runescape, where no items are ever returned, no matter how much they are worth. In WoW it doesn't matter if your item was worth 1g or 5000g, you'll always get it back.

It is and has been their stance, and they don't want to change on that stance. It's part stubborn, part image, and part time management. Not saying that it's right... but that's how it is.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Because I've never lost a large amount of money as a result of a Bug or glitch.

Zerker_jane.png

Then go play WoW, you clearly aren't a RS fan, and are a WoW fan, so go to their 'Fan'sites?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It is and has been their stance, and they don't want to change on that stance. It's part stubborn, part image, and part time management. Not saying that it's right... but that's how it is.

11.5 million players, with a monthly subscription of 15 dollars, versus 1 million members, with a monthly subscription of 6 dollars.

$172.5 million Versus $6 million

Not saying which game is better, just to prove that we are getting what we paid.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

It has not always been their stance, as I have been around this game for over 6 years and can remember a few server resets and rollbacks. Also, even if this was their stance before, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't change now. Before, it would maybe be once or twice a year that a large bug emerged and caused many people to lose lots of items. Now that they feel like letting a game-ruining bug slip through every month, I think it might be time for them to re-think their stance on server rollbacks. Or, you know, just take the effort to individually refund all of the items that were lost without resetting everybody's progress. Not sure what is preventing them from doing this.

11.5 million players, with a monthly subscription of 15 dollars, versus 1 million members, with a monthly subscription of 6 dollars.

Not saying which game is better, just to prove that we are getting what we paid.

Runescape also gets a miniscule ammount of content updates compared to WoW. $15 a month in WoW gets you huge content upgrades and incredible customer service, 24/7. $6 a month in RS gets you updates that ruin the game and cause you to irreversibly lose items, plus you get some awesome automated customer support that never gets you what you want.

Runescape used to be worth the money, but with the quality of service and updates this year, they should be paying YOU just to stick around while they destroy this game.

Not to mention all the other fees Blizzard charges for...(switching servers, switching classes)

These are optional services that can't be included in the flat rate subscription because they are rarely used. Also, when you pay to get a server change, its because you are paying for a Blizzard staff member to personally contact you, manually bring your character over to the other realm, and then make sure that everything went okay.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Runescape also gets a miniscule ammount of content updates compared to WoW. $15 a month in WoW gets you huge content upgrades and incredible customer service, 24/7. $6 a month in RS gets you updates that ruin the game and cause you to irreversibly lose items, plus you get some awesome automated customer support that never gets you what you want.

Runescape used to be worth the money, but with the quality of service and updates this year, they should be paying YOU just to stick around while they destroy this game.

The real sad thing is that I agree with you.

Zerker_jane.png

The real sadDER thing is that I agree with you too.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Then go play WoW, you clearly aren't a RS fan, and are a WoW fan, so go to their 'Fan'sites?

I've been playing runescape since 2003 yet i'm clearly not an RS fan?

How did you come to that amazing conclusion, Sherlock?

Zerker_jane.png

I'm glad to hear people agree with me. I'm not some RS hater who played this game too much for a year and then went to WoW because of all the shiny graphics. I've played RS for a very long time, on and off. I was around even during classic, and even if there was a point since then that I ever stopped playing the game for a few months, I still hung out in the community and kept up with the direction of the game. It was always great, its just that sometimes I got bored of it and waited awhile for some new things to come around.

But this time is different. Glitched, awful, infrequent updates have driven me to indefinite retirement from RS. If the game ever gets back to the place where it used to be, I will come back in a heartbeat. I'm not some troll trying to create havoc and just be a negative nancy on RS fan sites. I am a long time diehard fan of the game who is sitting aside and waiting for this game to be good again. The MA update actually looks pretty cool, and the junk trader thing is an awesome idea...it just completely sours my opinion though when I hear of yet another devastating glitch, and innocent players trying to have fun being dumped on by the Jagex staff.

Myweponsgood.gif

The depressing thing is that I also agree. :cry:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The depressing thing is that I also agree. :cry:

^I see some sort of pattern here >.>

The funniest thing to me is that they delayed the release of MA from January all the way to June to make sure that there are no bugs. Then it turn out that they get a bug that could instantly delete someone's bank in a second.

120dgl.jpg

I've been playing runescape since 2003 yet i'm clearly not an RS fan?

How did you come to that amazing conclusion, Sherlock?

Twas aimed at the person you quoted, not you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have to say, this really confirms that it isn't a great idea to carry round your whole fortune.

I remember doing that about 6 weeks ago while I was doing WGS...thought I'd banked it and did the chest and got myself killed...and lost my poor broav. :(

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

This "upgrade year" is the reason I quit runescape. I've been keeping up to date, but my god.. they had half a year to iron out the bugs. They had NO deadline at all, isn't that what they wanted when they stopped the BTS? Even with no deadline, they still managed to [bleep] it up.

Runescape:Go in a wide-eyed adolescent and come out a jaded, cynical individual.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Last night I was thinking the same thing. I had all these plans that I wanted to do pretty much to make myself a better pker(getting 99 mage would be a start)...however I knew I needed cash to fuel such an expensive hobby.

Then all of a sudden I asked myself "why am I doing this?"...

The pk system sucks...I should quit..

but what am I going to do when I get home?

w4M8t.png