Positive Aspects of the 26k Trick

Punitive_D

Sure, it seems that the 26k trick is an unmitigated disaster for the game, but I've learned over time that very few things in life are all bad and no good. So I started thinking, is there any way in which the 26k trick has made the game better? And I thought of one. Before the 26k trick, anytime I wore any kind of expensive gear, newbs flooded up to me asking how they could make money fast. They don't do that anymore -- now every newb in the game knows how to make fast, easy money. So newbs don't bug me anymore. That's positive. Perhaps there are other silver linings to the 26k cloud?

punitivedsig.png

Or it will leave the new people or the ones left out very poor and cause them to quit the game. I preferred when pking was for the ones who really were "skilled" and money making came from skilling or boss hunting.

I just came back to the game yesterday so I didn't dig in to this trick yet but I want to try it at least once before I judge it further. My current statements are based on what I see and hear on the forums.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Yes. It will make monster hunting much more profitable.

In a way, this is a good point -- I was doing a routine garg assignment the other day and got a maul drop. Put it in GE figuring to get the usual 40k or so and was shocked to see that they're going for about 300k. On the other hand, that's only profitability in the absolute sense -- the 26k trick doesn't make monster hunting relatively more profitable because the 300k I got was inflated coins with less buying power. Also, if you figure in the opportunity cost of forgoing tricking, monster hunting (along with everything else) probably is less profitable than it was before.

punitivedsig.png

I thought this would be a good topic, but it's not. Here is why, you say now every noob knows the best way to make cash?

Noobs earn loads of cash in a unfair way> (Players who don't do PvP trick loose cash because value of GP goes down)> Noobs keep going> Prices of supplies and items go up> ::::TURNING POINT::::> PvP trick becomes the least best cash (Boss Hunting, Green Dragons, Avansies become once again best cash)> ATTENTION>Noobs ask about how to earn cash> Noobs go back to Boss hunting, Green dragons and Avansies...

It's all about GP, but not the fun of earning it through a way for many players and i find that quite sad.

The only positive with 26K was before the bloody and stupid artifacts. Sure you got a bit unfair drops because you shot spells to get potential, but the spell casting could be nerfed so that you had to stay alive to get potential and actually focus.

Then after 2 hours where you have been watching your character safety (Incase of pkers), and been target for pkers then you go and do 26King and perhaps you get a DFS, DFS or PvP items?

The chance of those are rare, but perhaps?

-- now every newb in the game knows how to make fast, easy money.

Yep, this is a great thing right here! now its not just higher level players causing inflation... EVERYONE can share! yay, lets all hold hands and sing while we destroy the economy.

in a strange way, the destruction of runescape has brought everyone a little closer... I've seen much less flaming and stupid people in general, although that may just be because they're all busy 26king.

I havnt 26k'd, proud to say I havnt helped inflation, and more than happy to make the sacrifice.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I hate the 26k trick. It screws over the people who make money by not cheating the system. Prices get high, so people who don't 26k have to save up more. Isn't the whip about 2m now?

Jagex needs to do something about 26king.

I read the original post and comments and.. then I read the original comments again.

I went like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GuEswXOXo

Your positive aspects will turn against you in a spiral movement. That means, that A(1) leads to B, B leads back to A(2), but instead of leading back to A(1), you end up at A(2) which is exactly the same as A, but on a more worse scale. The only real difference is, those noobs who used to ask you what you wore, WILL be wearing what you wear and will damn sure show off with it. There are more then 1 way for a 'noob' to annoy me. Asking what I'm wearing isn't the biggest one.

There is no positive thing about 26k'ing. I myself have tried it with 100% ep. Got it once, will never get it again. I watched some fights, had some laughs, invited a friend over. Died a few times. Killed a few times. 1.6m richer in just 2 hours of work. Previously I made only 400k an hour if I focused, now I do 800k an hour doing nothing.

Many respected economics, which include many professors at the University of Tilburg, the general opinion to what caused the crisis is greed. We can argue about it, feel free to PM me. The point is as followed: so.. in real life, the economy gets turned upside down and goes down the gutter, because people went greedy and (important factor here) were able to become greedy! Wanting more isn't to bad. Giving in and achieving this, is what caused the crisis.

26k'ing allows people to give into their greed. Easy money with far higher outcomes then other terms of making money. Eventually (long term) people could state that other methods become more profitable then 26k'ing, but that would mean flax-price for example would need to be near 4x!! the amount it is now. That is a 400% inflation required to balance out the game. In real life, we get scared if we see 4%. Easy money isn't better money. Not always. At least not in this case.

I rest my case, good luck being mr. brightside (great song).

12pure34 out

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Jagex claims 26king is banable now, I doubt they will ban anyone just because they are to lazy to fix 26king.

I know I'm going to get flamed by this but...:

I honestly don't think anyone needs to worry about it. Most things rose proportionally, so you should still be able to make money and buy things just the same as before. The only difference is that you are richer + items are more expensive.

To stop 26kers, your drop needs to be related to what the victim lost, or your drop needs to be too low to be worthwhile. to stop RWTers, your drop needs to be mostly unrelated to what the victim lost. to be adequate for PKers, the average drop needs to equate the average loss, so that the amount a PKer risks, and the skill of the PKer, lends itself so better PKers can profit while poor PKers lose out or break even.

So you can shaft the pkers, allow 26kers, or allow RWTers.

Sumondskull6.png

Jagex claims 26king is banable now, I doubt they will ban anyone just because they are to lazy to fix 26king.

Source please?

Source please?

I did not take this picture, Soma2035 gave it to me. I don't know his source but I will be sure to ask him later today if he's online.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3971/090708175953.png

Sumondskull6.png

Source please?

I did not take this picture, Soma2035 gave it to me. I don't know his source but I will be sure to ask him later today if he's online.

Don't fix it, just ban it.

''But Sir moderator, I was just PK'ing with a single item. It isn't my fault I had 50k in my pocket and lost that while doing a friendly Deathmatch against some guy in full ahrim and whip with darkbow who happens to be my best friend for 2 years and has an unfair advantage in this fight. See, I even brought 2 lobsters to heal myself during the fight.''

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

No it will never be positive as its ruining my account and alot of others. I wish everyone would shut up and do something else with their time, i hate 26k tricking.

/Thread and inb4lock hopefully, dont want anyone telling anyone that 26king is good and right..

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

It's not that bas as people make it out to be. Everything balances. Monster hunting gets more profitable. 26king gets less profitable as the value of money goes down. This goes on until an equilibrum has been reached. The only people that get screwed are those who had lots of cash pre-pvp update.

What I do find a bit sad it that nearly anyone has access to this method of money making.

It's completely ruining the way an adventure game should be run in terms of how players earn money.

For years, the vast majority of the cash has come from alching. This created a huge amount of coins compared to what used to be in the game. Once the GE was released, alching became a lot less profitable and construction had slowed the influx of money.

The basic premise is that you get goods and trade them for others goods or money - you don't just get a lot of money randomly, this money comes from others players and is not created.

Even coinshare does not create money - whoever buys the item off the GE dumps the same amount or more into oblivion.

Jagex needs to undo their last update. Even if it causes the prices of Slayer and boss items to drop, it's a better temporary solution than this massive inflation.

Positive aspects? Well, it's not a huge moneymaker anymore - in other words, you can get better hourly profit elsewhere. But what's bad is that the small amounts of cash you get (1-2m at a time) doesn't come from other players, it's just created. There are almost as many people 26king as alching, which means the influx of pure cash has escalated way too much. Alching brings in a lot of money, but you can only generate so much of it per hour and it's boring (and things that alch for a higher amount tend to give you a worse gp/exp ratio). With 26king you can actually leave the computer and come back to 2m.

2496 Completionist

Source please?

Pictures like that can be easily faked unless I get a QFC or see the announcement I won't believe it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Source please?

Pictures like that can be easily faked unless I get a QFC or see the announcement I won't believe it.

It's fake, the original message is at 129-130-208-59125105 on page 10.

boeing2os2.png

Its not a problem lol its away of making money

besides sitting there for hours collecting resources or monster farming u are sitting there helping the scrubs who work hard for their money pickig flax and stuff :thumbsup:

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

It does not become more profitable. You simply make more money.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Source please?

It's fake, the original message is at 129-130-208-59125105 on page 10.

I found that posted on RSC originally. As I said when I sent it to Sumond, take it with a grain of salt: most RSC users are pretty stupid / lame, hence why I've never even bothered making an account, so it could easily be fake.

It does not become more profitable. You simply make more money.

I still don't understand this argument, and no one has been able to show me exactly why the positive aspects outweigh the negatives.

26k trick is bad, I agree, but not because of the inflation it causes, but because it allows pro-rates to be made by all players at all levels. (this might not be true, I would like to see someone with a 70-80 combat player post there logs)

Right now, 26kers can make around 800k-1m an hour on average. Most raw materials have began to rise at a rate, where although it will most likely not exceed the rate of 26king, it will be somewhat proportional to how it was before.

What Jagexs needs to do is set some kind of restrictions as to how much you can gain from pking. Supposively there is some sort of level system in right now, where higher levels are able to generate better drops then lower levels. I don't think this is the answer, as at some point, you may not be in the bracket to recieve higher level drops, yet you still are able to risk things such as barrows armour and dragon claws. Also, higher levels may risk things like rune, and yet still recieve the good drops, which isn't right as well.

The 26king aspect of pking needs to be taken out. However, the artifacts system isn't going to ruin this game. Prices of items rising is not a terrible thing. There are pro's and con's, and the pro's really do outweigh the cons.

w4M8t.png