Lack of summoning tab

JoeDaStudd

I dont see why they un-merged quests and diarys tab. Those need to be put back.

They friends list and ignore list could be merged too. Who uses the ignore list that much that it deserves its own tab? Not anymore for notes since we got the new note thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of adding the old tab back, I think they should have an option to set what the summoning icon does when you left click it. So for those who want it to pop up like the old tab did simply by left clicking, they could set it to "Follower Details" and for those who want it to be able to left click to call/attack can do it to work for them also.

Combat familiars are a pain in the [wagon] to call. Compfreak wins. Bunyips are probably preferable now.

What do you mean by "Compfreak wins"?

Compfreak and I had many, many heated discussions regarding whether or not combat familiars were useful while slaying. He said bunyips were better, I said combat familiars were better. This update makes him right.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

They friends list and ignore list could be merged too. Who uses the ignore list that much that it deserves its own tab? Not anymore for notes since we got the new note thing.

I believe Jagex is planning on expanding the Diaries so much that in the future they are worthy of their own tab and merging the friends list/ignore list would be a disaster because you might accidently try and pm someone your trying to ignore. And I do use my ignore list to keep track of my goals ingame, while using the notepad for more specific information. I support the new Summoning icon location becuase you can now use your familiars scroll with one simple click, then one, search, then another click. And I can also have my inventory open while using my scroll which is always nice ;).

Kasalisk.png

Stop crying, its summoning.

Its meant to be that crappy. ;)

blasphemy!

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Yeah it's a pain, I can't see the summon bar to tell me if I should brew or not, and at dks you gotta switch a lot when you solo hybrid, prayers, weapons, helms, shields; we need easy access, the notepad thing is completely pointless and useless, JUST USE YOUR COMPUTERS NOTEPAD. I'll eventually get used to it like I get used to every other crappy interface change.

sotw7bar.png

Wouldn't it have been better for Jagex to just make it so when you click the summoning icon next to the map, the old tab pops up? It would make it sooooooo much better than the way it is right now.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Wouldn't it have been better for Jagex to just make it so when you click the summoning icon next to the map, the old tab pops up? It would make it sooooooo much better than the way it is right now.

In some way yes, but I actually enjoy casting fast special attacks with my familiars due to the easy access to them \'

so its kinda :thumbdown: but :thumbup: at the same time

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I don't like it, especially with pets. But if it's to make room for something else, maybe its for the better?

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

The acheivement tab is completely unnecessary. The amount of time that is spent using the familiar screen losing precedence over the barely touched achievement screen is laughable.

:lol: <-loling of sorrow

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

From reading your feedback, Ive seen a lot of discussion regarding the way the new Summoning icon functions. I would like to take a moment to address a few of the raised issues and answer a few of your questions.

The Summoning tab will not be returning. This is because when it was a tab, it behaved differently to the rest of the tabs all the other tabs, once you have gained access to them for the first time and when they are not disabled for cutscenes etc., are constantly available and useful for some purpose regardless of your characters status in game. Conversely, the Summoning tab was only available or useful when you have a Summoning follower with you. This was inconsistent with the rest of the icons, and a large tab alongside all of the critical, always-relevant menu tabs is not the appropriate place for this functionality.

That said, we recognise that some of you are experiencing usability issues with the way the new Summoning icon functions, and apologise for any detriment this may be causing to your gaming experience. We are currently working on implementing a new system that will allow the player to choose which function to have as their left-click option, however there is a complex update to Summoning currently in the works, and so we will release the change alongside this update, as the changes cannot be separated at this stage of development.

I hope this clears up your questions.

Mod_Liono

Quick find code: 15-16-573-59188308

This will make me happy again when they release it. We won't get the summoning tab back again but this could be just as good.

And a complex update to summoning? Ooooh. :o

They're probably going to crap all over summoning like they have the rest of RS this year...

FFs how hard would it have been to just keep the damn tab UNTIL they bring out this update on summoning..

asrhasrh.jpg

They're probably going to crap all over summoning like they have the rest of RS this year...

FFs how hard would it have been to just keep the damn tab UNTIL they bring out this update on summoning..

Someone's being a negative nancy...

Maybe they will FINALLY make familiars competent fighters. That is so long overdue...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Nancy is my middle name after all.

Didn't mean to sound so glum, but Jagex do the silliest of things sometimes. They obviously knew that there was going to be a change with the summoning tab / button as we now have, so why not clue is into the fact it's going to change. It might put off some people going "it's wrecked omg noo".

Maybe some reasoning behind the madness wouldn't go a miss more often, and more publicly.

asrhasrh.jpg

I hate the way it is now, I check my timer all the time when I have a follower out. I could see them taking the tab away if they were putting one there at that time, but they aren't. I know they will be, but why not let it alone until they put something there? I hardly ever use my achievement tab, I never used it when it was part of the quest tab, so why not leave it like that? I'm sure some people use it, but do most?

Love, Trust and Pixie Dust!!

I believe Jagex is planning on expanding the Diaries so much that in the future they are worthy of their own tab and merging the friends list/ignore list would be a disaster because you might accidently try and pm someone your trying to ignore. And I do use my ignore list to keep track of my goals ingame, while using the notepad for more specific information. I support the new Summoning icon location becuase you can now use your familiars scroll with one simple click, then one, search, then another click. And I can also have my inventory open while using my scroll which is always nice ;).

Not if the ignore list was merged like the quest/achievements used to be. Just put the ignore list up top. That would end any confusion your talking about.