Worst way to die

abbydog95

For me, it would have to drowning or suffocation... I've always had a fear or things like that.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the persians had a method of killing people who really pissed them off (like a soldier who killed the king Cyrus) called the boats.

[hide]

The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within a face-to-face pair of narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks), with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his exposed and increasingly gangrenous flesh. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not provide him with the release of death. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

In other recorded versions, the insects did not eat the person; biting and stinging insects such as wasps, which were attracted by honey on the body, acted as the torture.

Death by scaphism was painful, humiliating and protracted. Plutarch writes in his biography of Artaxerxes that Mithridates, sentenced to die in this manner for killing Cyrus the Younger, survived 17 days before dying.

(From wikipedia)

[/hide]

That is grotesquely brilliant. People back then were actually creative.

This, but with the addition of an extra hole being cut for your groin. And honey and fecal matter slathered all over that as well.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the persians had a method of killing people who really pissed them off (like a soldier who killed the king Cyrus) called the boats.

[hide]

The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within a face-to-face pair of narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks), with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his exposed and increasingly gangrenous flesh. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not provide him with the release of death. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

In other recorded versions, the insects did not eat the person; biting and stinging insects such as wasps, which were attracted by honey on the body, acted as the torture.

Death by scaphism was painful, humiliating and protracted. Plutarch writes in his biography of Artaxerxes that Mithridates, sentenced to die in this manner for killing Cyrus the Younger, survived 17 days before dying.

(From wikipedia)

[/hide]

This, but with the addition of an extra hole being cut for your groin. And honey and fecal matter slathered all over that as well.

Sounds like a normal Saturday night

[hide]

(From wikipedia)

[/hide]

Sounds like a normal Saturday night

I would assume that they didn't do that simply because of the chance of the subject dying before his 2-3 weeks of agony were through.

That being said in certain ancient cultures (Siberian and inuits iirc) they had a slightly different method of execution. They would leave someone out for the mosquitoes/horse flies and feed/water them until they died of either blood loss or exposure. Then there's how they killed an English King (well a specifically horrible way) that is that they sodomized him with a red hot poker.

EDIT: Hrmm... [cabbage] is censored but sodomy isn't?

LNYvk.png

Having your eyeballs removed, you nostrils removed, your ear drums destroyed, your vocal cords and tounge removed. Then being burned or dipped in acid or some other method enabling all of your nerves to be destroyed but leaving you alive. Then being put in a box and not be able to feel, hear, smell, see, or even taste anything and slowly die of thirst, starvation or lack of oxygen depending on whichever you find most horrifying.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• 2 months later...

I think this thread could do with a bump.

It's amusing what you get to see on the news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13537084 <- I don't imagine that to be particularly pleasant.

EDIT - For those not wishing to click on the link;

[hide]A New Zealand truck driver who fell on a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock has survived being blown up like a balloon.

Steven McCormack had fallen between the cab and the trailer of his truck, breaking the air hose.

The nozzle pierced his buttock and began pumping air into his body, which expanded dramatically.

As he screamed, Mr McCormack's colleagues turned the air off and laid him on his side, saving his life.

The accident happened at Opotiki on the North Island on Saturday.

Mr McCormack, who is 48, is still in hospital in the nearest town, Whakatane.

He said that doctors had told him they were surprised that his skin had not burst, as the compressed air - pumping into his body at 100lb/sq in - had separated fat from muscle.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I was blowing up like a football... I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon”

Steven McCormack

"I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot.

"I was blowing up like a football... it felt like I had the bends, like in diving. I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon," he told the local newspaper, the Whakatane Beacon.

He said his skin feels "like a pork roast", hard and crackly on the outside but soft underneath.

He credits his colleagues, especially Jason Wenham who put him on his side, with saving his life.

Mr Wenham, Ross Hustler and Robbie Petersen had lifted Mr McCormack off the brass nozzle which was still stuck in his body, and packed ice around his swollen neck until an ambulance arrived.

Doctors inserted a tube into his lungs to drain the fluid and cleared the wound in his buttock using what felt to him like a drill.

"That was the most painful part," he said.

"It's fair to say he's lucky to be alive, it was a potentially life-threatening situation," a hospital spokeswoman told AFP on Wednesday.

Mr McCormack confided that the air was gradually escaping his body in the way that air usually does.[/hide]

Someone once told me that they know multiple people that have died from a splinter to the crotch. How did they die from a splinter? Because they were too damned embarrassed and stubborn to go to the doctor about it. So they died.

So yeah, death by pure unrestrained stupidity.

Someone once told me that they know multiple people that have died from a splinter to the crotch. How did they die from a splinter? Because they were too damned embarrassed and stubborn to go to the doctor about it. So they died.

Natural selection at work.

PM me for fitocracy invite

How can you die from a splinter? Doesn't the body protect itself against it and it eventually falls off?

pretty likely that they already had kids.

:(

PM me for fitocracy invite

Bugger... I've just read through this entire thread and constantly am getting chills up my back and I'm probably not gona be able to sleep well xD

Anyways... You've covered basically all the worst ways to die methinks o.O My hallmates and I had this cheery conversation and we agreed Burning and Drowning were the worst.

TBH I particularly cringe at the idea of having your throat slit >.< I know you'd be unconscious in a matter of seconds but I'd hate it D:

Also seeing as you were all talking about Medieval Stuffs - there's been cases of people skinned alive (happened in Worcester during Harthacnuts reign), Pushed onto spikes in cess pits and the Blood Eagle. DAT GORE <3:

Also during his moving speech in 1095 Pope Urban II used some terrible images of Saracens nailing Christians to a tree and tying part of their intestine to the back of a chariot.

(And before you ask - I'm doing a degree in Medieval Studies and it's friggin epic).

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Death via worst fear? So if I fell off a cliff I'd be pretty goddamn scared and then I'd just be liquid. Or massive spider attack... :shock:

Spiders carrying you off a million mile high cliff where flying spiders fed on you the whole way down as you crashed into a spiky rock floor filled with spiders?

I was thinking.. if the best way to die is to have your heart stop after a good round of sex, wouldn't the worst be dieing right before a good round of sex?

But you wouldn't know if it was going to be good until afterwards...

That jaw thing from the movie Saw where it rips open would be hectic. She didnt die but still that'd be scary as [bleep]. The teeth biting the gutter with a stomp to the back of the head from American History X would be not fun at all.

"Kevs me best mate we do all sorts of [bleep] together like last week we went down to basshill drive in and kev was like Oi! what are all you [bleep]Heads Watchin!"

Being tortured and killed slowly by someone you trust dearly. Et tu Brute?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

• 3 months later...

Disclaimer: This is not safe for work, and probably not safe for sanity. Do NOT click if you don't want to be somewhat scarred by what you see (subjective, but it may not be suitable for the younger audience)

[hide=Byford Dolphin Diving bell accident]Although relatively painless and instantaneous, this is a rather... cruel and unusual death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident[/hide]

[hide=BE WARNED: VERY GRAPHIC]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfd_7jrnMk

[/hide]

[hide=THIS MAY GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES]

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Indian girl who lost her face from getting her braids caught in a lawn mower...

Well, here's what was her face:

face2_h.jpg

http://patrishka.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/human-face-transplant/

[/hide]

I'm sure I could find more, it would take a little time though >.>