New Icon Discussion [BIG UPDATES]

CampbellMC

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://twitter.com/OfficialJagex/status/2666593858/

So, does that officially kill the day and night theories?

You know how jagex are. When they released MA they mentioned something about a low key update.

Then why this:

[hide=Day to Night?]Rsdaytonight.jpg[/hide]

:ohnoes:

Thats.... epic. Where'd you find that?

You know how Jagex have been affiliating with fan sites? Well, apparently this was their "Concept Art BST". I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link to such fan site but, could I pm it to you?

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

You know how jagex are. When they released MA they mentioned something about a low key update.

Then why this:

Now I'm excited :thumbsup: I don't mind another crappy PVP update if this comes out soon!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Then why this:

You know how Jagex have been affiliating with fan sites? Well, apparently this was their "Concept Art BST". I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link to such fan site but, could I pm it to you?

Rune hq....

google is amazing....

THese are epic images. <3

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

The Icon is a brighter yellowish in the old windmill picture. That and the black around it kind of makes it look like the top of a lamp post. So i'ma go with the brightness options will be moved there and also it will be receiving an update. I'm not even going to speculate farther.

Then why this:

Rune hq....

google is amazing....

You said it not me :-# .

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

Tip It aren't Jagex, you can say/discuss sites other than us and Runescape :P

The pictures really look nice, they put a very authentic aroma to the game. I'm definetly looking forward to this update, whenever it will be. I don't think the icon will be about time of day though. Maybe for a new skill? Based on the average time between skills, I think we're due for one.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

[hide=]

Then why this:

Rsdaytonight.jpg

Rune hq....

google is amazing....

You said it not me :-# .

[/hide]

stares at the old compass from early RS2. >.>

oh well. sounds interesting. we have yet to know more.

Tip It aren't Jagex, you can say/discuss sites other than us and Runescape :P

The pictures really look nice, they put a very authentic aroma to the game. I'm definetly looking forward to this update, whenever it will be. I don't think the icon will be about time of day though. Maybe for a new skill? Based on the average time between skills, I think we're due for one.

Heres how you can tell if Jagex has a new skill in the works:

1. Think of a skill

2. Give it a practical use

3. Think of things to do all the way until at least level 70

If you can do that chances are jagex has a new skill on the way.

I didn't bother reading the whole thread...

Did anyone think that light bulb represents thoughts/ideas... maybe they are thinking what should go in the spot, and using our speculation as its own suggestion for it?

We are a crazy bunch here at Rune Tips aren't we.... :roll:

OHHHHHH MEEE GOD PHAILING SKILL!@#^%$%*#^!$^@#%(*&@6

OT: looks like a chat bubble to me.....

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Considering there's a Number by it (isn't 99 in the picture), it has to have something that changes and is of use to you to know. Oh I know, it's your character's Honor rating. Kill or steal from good NPC's it goes down, kill or steal from bad NPC's it goes up. Honor affects how the Runescape NPC's reacts to you.

PS: Think Jagex will make the World Map icon a freaking right click option? Or is there a way to disable that that I didn't read about?

PPS: Yeah, it's not honor or a light bulb or sailing. It's your phase point. Jagex is making it to where you can go to a secondary realm of runescape for limited time, and that's your phase count.

PPPS: Yep, BS too.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I actually wrote about the idea of voice chat in a recent Tip.It Times article I did:

Jagex attempt to prevent the use of third party programs by incorperating their features into the game, such as clan chats as a replacement for IRC, but Jagex will find it near impossible to integrate the tools that Skype or even real life interaction provides the game. For example, how are you going to be able to filter out swearing from a voice chat?

Anyway do we REALLY want to hear other Runescape players voices? :|

I don't think it's a daylight/time thing either. Seems too pointless.

An invention skill I posted was shot down earlier, I don't think it would fit either now.

It could just be a Jmod thing though, a tab with all their fancy commands they can do like make GP rain from the sky or something...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

+1 to thinking everybody is wrong.

I have got no idea.

Goodjob if someone guesses it.

Fail idea night/day, for runescape. ( :wall: )

Gf. ::'

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

It could be a random poorly made icon that they're using to test the new tab because the real icon is not done yet.

Lol'd. Still, this is more likely than the theories right now. Day and Night doesn't warrant kicking the Summoning tab off the list. And the clan chat idea is going to make me hate Jagex for aeons. I don't have a clan and that icon will be used even less than the Summoning tab. (Obviously.)

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

It could be a random poorly made icon that they're using to test the new tab because the real icon is not done yet.

Lol'd. Still, this is more likely than the theories right now. Day and Night doesn't warrant kicking the Summoning tab off the list. And the clan chat idea is going to make me hate Jagex for aeons. I don't have a clan and that icon will be used even less than the Summoning tab. (Obviously.)

The new tab does not have to be better than summoning, they simply said that summoning is not used all the time, or even the majority of the time. Day and night would be a major update and I personally think it would warrant a tab, especially it if including a clock and stuff.

The new tab does not have to be better than summoning, they simply said that summoning is not used all the time, or even the majority of the time. Day and night would be a major update and I personally think it would warrant a tab, especially it if including a clock and stuff.

I think he means he won't use it so it's fail because he is the only person that matters.

From the Behind The Scenes 2009;

Making the interfaces as intuitive, flexible and user-friendly as possible.

The UI has improved recently, but not really in flexibility, possibly something to do with this?

Either way, they won't leave that tab blank for long.

Ooh, I like the idea of light and dark, but if it was a simple light switch they could've easily put it as a right click option on the world map icon (clap on clap off!).

The idea of a chat bubble makes sense because of it's close proximity to the friends list. I hate the current chat system on RS (no reply option? No /w friendname?) Hope this is the new chat interface for town chats, dungeon chats, guild chats, clan chats...just like a certain game that shall not be named <.<

EDIT - Insane theory #312: It's a magnifying glass with stat lookups, calcs, hiscores...since SwiftKit is occasionally illegal :roll:

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?