What's your RL fighting style?

m0nkeym0j030

You mean Indian burns? Either everyone who's tried me does it wrong, or it doesn't hurt.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Indian burns? Either everyone who's tried me does it wrong, or it doesn't hurt.

We call those Chinese burns in the UK D: And my skin is tender, every little thing hurts so that's like torture to me. I've never been good with pinching either.

My style of fighting is fleeing or ignoring them when a F.O.E. appears but once when someone got confrontational, I had to bring out the fists. Not really. It was blind punching and trying to smash their head against a sink >__<

I think if someone were getting feisty with me, I'd probably try to equip a weapon but I doubt that day would ever come, I tred carefully around situations like these.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

MMA for the past 4 years, 6 years of boxing. That's my style.

Boxing is the most practical form of fighting, plus the only martial art that possesses a stronger punch is Ninjutsu (the "hammer fist" can insta-kill), though it's rather dependant on a perfect strike.

[hide=This]whitewhale2.png[/hide]

Nah, but in all seriousness, I took Taekwondo for a few years when I was younger, didn't find it very helpful. I've never been in a fight, usually just because I'm pretty passive about things like that. If I ever absolutely needed to hurt someone I would probably just use a weapon/something that stabs, or find something to throw at their head.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Based off of past fighting experience, my fighting style is essentially to immediately go for the most damaging attacks available (ex: if the opponent's near a wall, slam him into it) as rapidly as I can until the dude's unable to fight anymore (unconscious, incapacitated, or dead if absolutely necessary). If there isn't anything readily open, I try and set him up for something (throw an attack that I want blocked, hit him past the down block). One of the things I'd do in a fight is, when he throws a punch, 1) sidestep the punch so that you're on his back (other side from his other arm), 2) grab the arm, and 3) either hit the elbow as hard as I can (break the arm), elbow him in the side of the head (potential K.O., nigh-guaranteed disorientation), or throw him to the ground and go from there. I'm almost constantly thinking of reactions when I'm in a fight. Thankfully, I can take hits well enough that I can recover quickly (or even ignore most light/medium hits) if they go raw. I fight best with something in my hands, though. Even more than normal (better than if a random person grabbed the same thing), strangely.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Everyone runs from me, and they start on me.

:|

Oh, and I remember the Bully thread. Majority of people on TIF condone fighting. Pretty cool hey?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I've never known somebody who's taken karate or something and actually used it in a fight, because you can't. You'll either box the other guy or one of you will tackle the other one and pretty much just wrestle.

I'd love to be able to do as well as Bourne from Bourne Identity movies. :D Watch some of that if you haven't already.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Everyone runs from me, and they start on me.

:|

Oh, and I remember the Bully thread. Majority of people on TIF condone fighting. Pretty cool hey?

I'd generally try putting off fighting unless it becomes a necessary evil.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

i dont have a real fighting style, ill do whatever the hell i need to do, to win the fight. eye gouging, biting, kicking in the nuts, kicking em while theyr down, etc etc

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

i dont have a real fighting style, ill do whatever the hell i need to do, to win the fight. eye gouging, biting, kicking in the nuts, kicking em while theyr down, etc etc

Whats wrong with kicking them when they're on the ground? :|

They got on the ground in the first place :D

Damn right. I laugh when people say violence solves nothing.

Whats wrong with kicking them when they're on the ground? :|

They got on the ground in the first place :D

Well, if you view fighting as honourless then there's nothing wrong with it. Personally, I'll never be proud of winning a fight if I won it through constantly kicking someone over and over who was on the ground till he gave up, same as I wouldn't be proud of winning a fight if I was out-numbering my opponent. If you view a fight as nothing more than trying to beat an opponent through any method there's nothing different between throwing a punch or throwing a kick. Personally, I like to fight with "honour", I'll only fight someone on the same level they're fighting me so if I win, I'm the better fighter, if they won, then I lost to a better opponent.

I do Boxing for a club, it's essentially ran like a fight club so honor means a lot if you want to be a respected fighter.

I've been trained to box but I dont really do it.

But if you get the person you're fighting to the floor in a streetfight, then (imo) you should atleast kick them once or twice. [bleep] waiting for them to get up. If they cant take hits standing up then there's no reason to continue the fight - may as well end it right there.

I've never known somebody who's taken karate or something and actually used it in a fight, because you can't. You'll either box the other guy or one of you will tackle the other one and pretty much just wrestle.

I'd love to be able to do as well as Bourne from Bourne Identity movies. :D Watch some of that if you haven't already.

I love those movies, I got all 3 for Christmas, I was watching the first one again today.

Damn right. I laugh when people say violence solves nothing.

Same. I mean armies prove that violence is the answer.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I've been trained to box but I dont really do it.

But if you get the person you're fighting to the floor in a streetfight, then (imo) you should atleast kick them once or twice. [bleep] waiting for them to get up. If they cant take hits standing up then there's no reason to continue the fight - may as well end it right there.

Well if they can't take a punch standing up, why hit them some cheap ones while they aren't in a position to defend themselves? The only attack I'll ever throw while my opponent is on the ground is a verbal one, if I have the upper hand on someone I'll always let them get back up while stepping 3-4 steps back and regaining my composure, then once they get back a string of two to three good punches and you'll have them straight back down.

If they cant take a hit standing up they're not defending themselves, so it's nothing different to throwing in one or two kicks while they're down.

That's like saying a punch to the stomach is "unhonourable" because they are protecting their face..

Either way, it's not like when they jump you, you need to feel sorry for them. I'll kick them when they're on the ground, since I believe it's not particularly 'cheap', and I find it's their own fault if they cant take a knee to the face or a few punches :)

If they cant take a hit standing up they're not defending themselves, so it's nothing different to throwing in one or two kicks while they're down.

That's like saying a punch to the stomach is "unhonourable" because they are protecting their face..

Either way, it's not like when they jump you, you need to feel sorry for them. I'll kick them when they're on the ground, since I believe it's not particularly 'cheap', and I find it's their own fault if they cant take a knee to the face or a few punches :)

Answer me this though? How many fights have you actually been in? As I said I'm in a boxing club run essentially like a fightclub, I do a lot of organized street fights, there, reputation is everything. I've seen the damage "unhonorable" fighting does, I've had a broken eyesocket and a broken nose from being kicked repeatedly while on the ground, wasn't my fault I was on the ground, the guy had 20 pounds on me and was well trained in MMA, no one respected hit later on though for the damage he did to me, as they realise how cheap it was.

A punch to a stomach isn't unhonourable, if you're fighting you should know the main points to protect are your face and chest, if you aren't quick enough to protect them while keeping an eye on your opponent then you're a poor fighter. Not being able to defend yourself from a kick on the ground is perfectly understandable, there's so much more force behind a kick and you're a lot more constricted on the ground.

Fight a guy with 20 pounds on you and well trained in MMA and then come out of it saying the only reason you lost was because you weren't defending yourself. Wrong, eventually you're going to come up against someone bigger, stronger, quicker than you who will kick your [wagon] eventually no matter how good your defense was.

Honestly though, my view of "honourable" fighting didn't change till I had my [wagon] kicked through unhonourable fighting and which resulted in my face resembling a Picasso painting. We just have two different views on whether to fight with honour or not. I'll just say this though Ray, if I saw you winning a fight, but you only won the fight through kicking a guy while he was down, I wouldn't be showing you a grain of respect for it.

If my friends get into fights with me, it's because we're both drunk. The winner is always whoever is the least drunk, and the loser never gets too badly hurt - most of us fall over easily and just stay down. So, i'd class my fighting technique as Random Flailing.

Drunken boxing then .....

hellbellz, god damn you I wanted to watch that fight :lol: (I am an avid UFC fan, I own about 30 of the dvds). In all seriousness bisping was NEVER going to beat dan ... even if he took a bat in there with him.

From what I have read on these pages the people who say they use these "techinques" like hitting pressure points to win a fight obviously have never fought, if they were that effective people would be using them in things like ufc.

In a street fight things arn't exactly paced it is either all out flailing till some body drops or some body picks some body else up or takes them down and they roll around a bit.

Boxers, kick boxers and thai boxers have the best chances in a street fight due to them using punches in there chosen hobby they have ALOT more power.

Things like bjj, wrestling and judo are only really good in competitions, I can't really see somebody going for a triangle choke in a street fight :roll:

The thing with kicking when your opponant is on the floor is ok for like 2 or 3 kicks cos your fighting for a reason but after 2 or 3 it is just uncalled for and unnecessary.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

I've been in very few fights, in my earlier days I would just run away. After reaching Secondary school I started to fight back. It mostly consists of me 'Berserking' them, swinging my fists and feet as much as possible, or getting them in a headlock and kicking the back of their knee to bring them down.

Once I believe I headbutted someone who had picked on me for the last two weeks, he went home with a broken nose. I got in no trouble with neither the school nor my parents, they were happy I stood up for myself.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Answer me this though? How many fights have you actually been in? As I said I'm in a boxing club run essentially like a fightclub, I do a lot of organized street fights, there, reputation is everything. I've seen the damage "unhonorable" fighting does, I've had a broken eyesocket and a broken nose from being kicked repeatedly while on the ground, wasn't my fault I was on the ground, the guy had 20 pounds on me and was well trained in MMA, no one respected hit later on though for the damage he did to me, as they realise how cheap it was.

Wait wait, boxing isnt anything like a fight club, so really you're in a fight club; not a boxing club..? And if you get jumped by someone in an unorganized fight in school, you'd expect them to be a [kitty] and do whatever it takes to win, since thats what most fights in schools are, not to mention, they jumped you, so you may as well do the "cheap" thing and kick them while they're down.

However, unorganized fights are unorganized, there are no rules, and who is to deem what is cheap? It's not cheap in MMA is it? Naw. But it is when you're in a school fight.

Personally I have only been in one fight, but it's not to say I dont know what I'm talking about.

I dont feel the need to actually debate about fighting since we're comparing 2 completely different things.

You are comparing honourable fighting with people you know(?)

While I am comparing unhonourable fighting when you get jumped by a knob for barely a reason in school.

Not to mention the fact as I have said before, who makes the rules in an unorganized street fight? Noone.. So who is to deem what is cheap? The renowned cheapness is a kick to the testes, not kicking them while they're down.

And really, if I were in a fight, and I took them out, onto the ground easily, but they werent done, I wouldnt leave saying "He isnt a match" or whatever, and I aint letting him get up again.

I really dont like blood, so I find kicking them on the ground better for me, because I dont want to see them pouring blood out of their nose or mouth from a well placed uppercut, hook or jab, but I'd rather just cause pain to the ribs.

In general, the main things that I'd consider cheap are nutshots, kicking people while they're on the ground, picking up a weapon, eye-gouging, calling for help, and breaking bones intentionally. If the fight's for fun, then these things are off-limits. If the fight's for business, however, you can be as brutal as the situation demands. For example, if you're fighting someone who just tried to rape a girl in some back alley, you have every right to pick up a rusty pipe and cut his beanbag off with an end of it. While honor is a very good thing to have in fun fights (for respect or enjoyment), it has no place in business fights (defending/saving someone, removing an evil person from the equation).

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Taking someone out in respectable style even is always better than using cheap tactics. If you manage to end the fight without injury on both sides you're also proving that you're the better person.

Also... no one is "evil", people are just troubled sometimes, hurting them will only make it worse.

Wait wait, boxing isnt anything like a fight club, so really you're in a fight club; not a boxing club..? And if you get jumped by someone in an unorganized fight in school, you'd expect them to be a [kitty] and do whatever it takes to win, since thats what most fights in schools are, not to mention, they jumped you, so you may as well do the "cheap" thing and kick them while they're down.

However, unorganized fights are unorganized, there are no rules, and who is to deem what is cheap? It's not cheap in MMA is it? Naw. But it is when you're in a school fight.

Personally I have only been in one fight, but it's not to say I dont know what I'm talking about.

I dont feel the need to actually debate about fighting since we're comparing 2 completely different things.

You are comparing honourable fighting with people you know(?)

While I am comparing unhonourable fighting when you get jumped by a knob for barely a reason in school.

Not to mention the fact as I have said before, who makes the rules in an unorganized street fight? Noone.. So who is to deem what is cheap? The renowned cheapness is a kick to the testes, not kicking them while they're down.

And really, if I were in a fight, and I took them out, onto the ground easily, but they werent done, I wouldnt leave saying "He isnt a match" or whatever, and I aint letting him get up again.

I really dont like blood, so I find kicking them on the ground better for me, because I dont want to see them pouring blood out of their nose or mouth from a well placed uppercut, hook or jab, but I'd rather just cause pain to the ribs.

Actually in UFC you can't kick a down opponant to the head but in PRIDE you can stomp there head, if you look for wanderlei silva videos on youtube you can see some of that head stomping, it's quite brutal lol

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying