What's your RL fighting style?

m0nkeym0j030

Which Martial arts/fighting style do you use?

I know Muay Thai , which originated from Thailand, it focuses on 8 limbs.

I also take Aikido, it's an EXTREME self defence art.

I take boxing, merely for the workout/competetion.

Fourthly, I take Judo. Focuses on grapples, sort of like wrestling except more fancy/powerful, and taking the person down.

Soo, what do you take ? :D

(bleep) All haters I see, Cause I hate that you breath, I see you duck you little punk you lil freakin disease.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use either of them for actual fights but I have taken some martial arts training years ago.

Taekwondo for 2 years, mostly sparring with a bit of basic weapons training.

Aikido for 2 years, promoted to the Adults class when I was 16, then put into the advanced class for weapons training where I learn to use the Bokken and Jo quite well. I grew tired of it though, and when I was off for a few weeks due to broken ribs I decided to quit for good.

Martial Arts for the most part isn't meant to teach you how to fight, or even really how to defend yourself, but it is to make yourself aware of your body, how you can move, and ways to protect yourself from taking critical strikes.

I use the ancient technique of not getting into fights.

I am also well-practiced in the art of running away.

Definitely this.

Either that or trying to make well aimed kicks on boys but missing and falling over like an idiot.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I used to do Judo, I do boxing know as I don't like it fighting with grapples / throws as I see it as somewhat cowardly.

Boxing is my favorite of fighting methods, I view it as the fairest and most honorable methods of fighting. Everyone has an idea of how to throw a punch and how to deal with them, very few have enough experience to deal with / combat a grapple or lock.

When I was about 5 or 6, I took judo. However, I was a very weird kid and ended up being thrown out of the classes for some reason I don't really remember. Later on, I took up Taekwondo. I did that for about a year or so and became fairly proficient in it, but I think I quit when I moved house last.

Aim for weak areas and try not to get hit.

That, and also avoiding fights. When I am in a fight though I usually don't want to hurt the other person.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I don't think a whole lot of people get into fights here. And if they do, it isn't like James Bond, it's probably just hitting the other guy as much and as hard as you can and trying not to get hit as much as him. I've never known somebody who's taken karate or something and actually used it in a fight, because you can't. You'll either box the other guy or one of you will tackle the other one and pretty much just wrestle.

Haven't gotten into a fight in years. I just laugh when people try to fight me. Being a good three or four inches taller than most people I know has advantages.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Take a pot shot at the guys dingdong, then depending on their size, either run away/arm lock/wonder wth I did that, it was a girl!

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

^:|

Really?

Yeah. I generally keep pretty cool, I'm not the one who starts fights. Nothing like someone lunging at you and immediately landing a kick in their stomach though.

@L_J, you can use martial arts, but only if you're good enough to 1-hit the person. Like I said above.^

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Aim for weak areas and try not to get hit.

That, and also avoiding fights. When I am in a fight though I usually don't want to hurt the other person.

See I am usually the opposite way. It's not that I try to get in fights but when people start talking [cabbage] I call them out on it. I never throw the first punch, but once they throw one I just land a couple good ones on them and it is over. I have only been in 3 fights, but none have lasted more than 30 seconds once they throw a punch.

I generally try and stomp on the back of their leg where the knee is. One day I'm going to break a leg and just walk away. Not my fault the [bleep]er wanted to fight.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

The Zui Quan and Taekwondo. Way more Taekwondo as I did it for 5 years.

I've never known somebody who's taken karate or something and actually used it in a fight, because you can't. You'll either box the other guy or one of you will tackle the other one and pretty much just wrestle.

I guess they've never used it correctly in RL. It's not hard to create separation when you've done the moves correctly, for then afterwards you can land the kicks, etc.

But it is very hard to kick in jeans. I'll give you that.

If my friends get into fights with me, it's because we're both drunk. The winner is always whoever is the least drunk, and the loser never gets too badly hurt - most of us fall over easily and just stay down. So, i'd class my fighting technique as Random Flailing.

hiccup.png

But it is very hard to kick in jeans. I'll give you that.

Skinnies :thumbup:

If I'm fighting you it's because you really screwed up my life on purpose in some way, so I just try to break as many bones as I can and essentially cripple you for life.

If you started the fight with me, as in just trying to be tough, then I will make it hurt like hell without actually causing any damage.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I generally try to avoid fights. If I am dragged into one I always use a knuckle strike into pressure points across the body. It doesn't do alot of physicaly damange but they can hurt ALOT, as long as your fast and can drive your knuckle into that spot, it only takes maybe 3-4 stabs and they'll be on the ground in more pain then physical damage. It's how I always win my fights and why no one seems to be stupid enough to test it. ::'

Popoto.~<3