Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Well Germany.

I'd look over the pros/cons for EU.

I would lower the taxes for all, but especially the low and middle-class. Lower the taxes on all sorts of goods, but raise on tobacco and alcohol.

Remove state-funding for media, museums that doesn't hold a historical value.

Increase the police force and raise sentences on crimes. Temporarily remove fines/prison for downloading/uploading (revise the law later on), but if you're a bigger up/downloader (let's say 5gb+ per month) you'll be fined.

Increase the military: By the number of men/women, planes/helicopters/tanks/submarines/boats etc. And make it compulsory for anyone between 18-24 to enlist in the army for at least 3 months (unless you got a bad knee or other things that might hinder you).

Germany will start devloping new nuclear-powered submarines.

I don't know how immigration is in Germany, but it's something that'll get revised later on.

I would push for greener technologies, increase the hydrogen-fuel stations by the 100's in the country and push for hydrogen-fuel cars.

Nuclear plants, i'll keep them and increase the numbers of them by a couple to get decrease coal-usage.

Clean up polluted rivers and lakes.

We will protect Romania and Austria.

I would like to go into a trade-agreement with the Nordic countries for: Iron ore, wood. Perhaps you guys would want coal?

And if you guys would want to, a military agreement on a non-agression and perhaps in the future a military-alliance. (just so you guys know, the tanks Nordic countries use comes from Germany e.g.)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Holland:

less screwing around,more working

lowered or some removed taxes

better court & healthcare systems

as far as bans go:nothing at the moment

every poor family with less then 5k/year income will get a micro credit

free trade,and no quotas

the army is almost non-existant,as holland is a trade-country

an education for people who want to help the natio go strong

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Ok, I'll make a list of the counties who have plans for them.

evil_mumm_ra-USA

Lenticular_J-Argentina

Doomsavenger-Brazil

Flodder450-Holland

Lionheart-Canada

Indy500fan-Norway

Oldjoe-Germany

Mage_man0103-Australia?

Hawaii-fastortoise

I probably missed someone or messed up the country someone had, but there's the basic list of "taken" countries.

Also, I suggest that the EU doesn't count as a country, since it's really a bunch of smaller countries. I don't know if it's normally considered a country or not, but I know some people do.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Also, to whoever controls China - please try to control your hostile expansionist urge. And to be less of douchebags. Please, for the sake of everyone. No one likes you. Except maybe your trade partners - and only because they're only getting a very reasonable rate.

Like us for example. Australia.

I have special plans worked out to make China *especially* nice.

YOU'LL SEE.

Also, to whoever controls China - please try to control your hostile expansionist urge. And to be less of douchebags. Please, for the sake of everyone. No one likes you. Except maybe your trade partners - and only because they're only getting a very reasonable rate.

Like us for example. Australia.

I have special plans worked out to make China *especially* nice.

YOU'LL SEE.

i see nothing[hide=]:twss:[/hide]

2nv5bvl.png

Also, I suggest that the EU doesn't count as a country, since it's really a bunch of smaller countries. I don't know if it's normally considered a country or not, but I know some people do.

EU stands for European Union.

It's not considered as a country. Altho there have been talks of unified army and other crap things that wouldn't work in real life.

Btw:

Evil_Mum - Would you mind removing your troops from Germany?

I will begin wheat and beef export to needy countries if I could get malaria vaccines. It isn't bad in Argentina, but if South American consolidation is to become a reality, malaria needs to be wiped out. And with AIDs out of the way, African powerhouses may become a reality within a few decades.

We need to say when we actually get this going.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Here's a map, and key.

I combined Uruguay, paraguay and chile with argentina since that was one of the starting points of Lent's plans, and all of those countries are weaker than chile.

Here are the maps.

[hide=]tipitkey.jpg

tipit.png[/hide]

So lent, want to work together to make a unified S.A?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I will begin wheat and beef export to needy countries if I could get malaria vaccines. It isn't bad in Argentina, but if South American consolidation is to become a reality, malaria needs to be wiped out. And with AIDs out of the way, African powerhouses may become a reality within a few decades.

We need to say when we actually get this going.

Good man. Sadly the vaccines are readily available for mass production, but all military funds that were supposed to be redirected to me ended up... going back into the military. My scientists just need enough funds to create the vaccines, but where will we get the money?

hiccup.png

After a long discussion with the scientists on my island about the increasing military forces in this peaceful New World, we have decided to create more nuclear warheads (all destroyed after the Signing). Although we have faith in tip.it'ers to run their nations peacefully, some have dangerously large armies and militias. Although it is against the new laws, we will use these nukes (which will indefinitely belong to the creator of the thread) to threaten countries who do not play nicely with others.

Why did I think of North-Korea and god modding? -.-

So let's say, the zombie infestation finally comes in this New World, and the army is gone. Hmm. What to do now? Find pitch forks and spades? :P

[hide=Original Plans]Or if not, I'd pick Brazil. Tenth largest economy in the world, largest military in latin america, almost 200 million people, I'd say it has potential. Maybe I could work with Lent and his Argentinian controlled portion of South America.

Mainly in the country, I'd try to end foreign exploitation, and instead allow the country to take advantage of it's own resources, which would help reduce poverty, as well as creating many new jobs, and improving old ones. The military would have to remain strong, I might even pull a north korea in having all citizens take basic training at some point, and all households would have a rifle or handgun.

Less dangerous drugs like Marijuana, salvia, etc. would be legalized, but taxed. Heavier drugs like heroin, and cocaine would be regulated in that you could only get a certain amount every month, to help decrease OD's and addictions if possible. Of course people would still get them illegally, but it couldn't hurt to regulate them a bit.

Heavier taxes would be imposed on the wealthy, but not cripplingly high, and lesser taxes on the poor in order to decrease poverty and help redistribute the wealth so it would not only be the elite who had money.

I don't think I would try to annex any other countries, Brazil still has many national resources and a good amount of space. I would protect the rain forests if possible, or at least put aside a large amount of them that would be government land and illegal to log on or otherwise exploit.

I'd need to learn Portuguese, but I speak spanish so it's shouldn't be too hard.

I'm thinking this topic could make a decent RP in the falador library, if it was organized right.[/hide]

I'm gonna improve upon these plans now.

Once then new government was put into place, the first thing we'd do would be to impose extremely heavy taxes on all foreign companies exporting our resources, to the point it becomes unprofitable and they are forced to leave the country. These taxes would give my government enough extra funds to start using our own resources for the good of our country, rather than for foreign countries' interests.

The majority of the Amazon would become a preserve, and all the thousands of miles of cut-down forests, instead of just being an eyesore would become solar or wind farms, which would effectively make Brazil energy-independent.

The government would fund massive urban re-organization and renewal projects, creating thousands or millions of jobs, providing better housing for the poor, and overall cleaning up the cities.

Shantytowns would become a thing of the past. The overall quality of life would increase immensely for the majority of people.

A long term plan would be to equip almost ever roof in the country with solar panels, which eventually would lead to a profit and an excess of power. We would sell our excess electricity to neighboring countries for a cheaper price than oil, leading to good relations with surrounding nations.

We are investing a lot of our excess funds in on space travel, as well, under the project name of SAB

All citizens would go through basic training, and at least 3 months of active service at some point in their life, unless they are already above 50 or a pre-existing condition prevents them. Military size would increase, but only for defense, seeing as with all the new governments around the world, someone is going to be violent.

Develop a state-of-the-art missile defense system along our borders, and at various points around the country. We would not build any nuclear weapons of our own, so our missile system could not be mistaken for an offensive act.

All citizens would also go through a emergency response class for a few weeks, detailing what to do in an environmental, nuclear, or military crisis.

EDIT:

After researching a bit, the first military priority would be repairing and maintenancing (Not actually a word I don't think) everything. Then getting newer and up-to-date weapons and vehicles.

That's all I can think of right now.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

A real plan hmm? No problem.

Before I type said plan, Sworddude, knowing you, I think I'll hand over control of Scotland to you. However, England, Wales, and Ireland are still under my control. Plus, I WILL station troops in Scotland to make sure your thoughts for domination do not become more then thoughts. Also, I will retain control over a small portion of Scotland.

Sue, I wish you luck in your control over the SAS, do not do anything that could wage war against our beloved nation. Racheya... Well, yeah, good luck with your second in command duties.

I suppose our economy may be an issue, though I believe we can find a good supply of natural resources to trade with. I will make sure we don't cut down TOO many trees to preserve the countries natural beauty, anyone found cutting down a tree not on their property will be given a heavy fine. I will not allow entire forests to be bought unless I have a contract stating they will not cut down more then 5% of said trees. If I find out otherwise, there will be severe penalties.

The military will remain, but this if for our own defence, if we have no military then what chance of defending our homeland will we have?

I will not allow nuclear power, we will use a combination of wind, solar, water, and other such energy supplies. We MIGHT build a few nuclear weapons for self defence, there is a smaller chance of being attacked if we have said missiles.

I will give more funding to police forces and hospitals to further our growth, I want every patient to be treated equally and crime at an all time low. Rape and murder will be abolished completly in our country, this will take a long time, and there will obviously be the occasional case that happens, but this is one of my prime goals.

Rape and murder will be punished with the death penalty, if the said murderer killed somebody in self-defence, no action will be taken, but they will be under surveillance.

I will not be a tyrant, I want to make sure everybody is treated the same. I will allow no more refugees into the country, not trying to be racist, but we have more then we can handle already.

There are many other things to take care of, but I feel this is suitable for now.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

We should make it that only North Korea is untakeable. :ohnoes:

It could be like a storyline, an add-on to this one, how we have to have our own ideas how to kill off NK!? :D

How dare you plot against me.

I hereby claim the glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea (NK).

My first demand is that China is to send us 20 million dollars as recompense for not furthering our nuclear weapons program in this week of July.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Alright, I'll plan some stuff out for China. I will attempt to make it an all-around better nation, although who knows if this will turn around on me.

The Chinese economy has been rapidly growing in the past decades, so I feel no need to change any major aspects of that now, except for one problem; the lack of equality between what we know as white-collar and blue-collar workers. Growing income disparity between the two will lead me to implementing a new system of payment guidelines employers have to follow based on predetermined factors. This will close the gap more between the two, although white-collar workers will still generally earn more.

Growing pressure from Adrenal, er, India, has made me try and slow China's "hostile expansionist urge" ; China's recent controlling of many different economic sectors will have me focusing on what has long been the basis of the economy, industry and agriculture. The only other sector China will put more focus on is technology.

China's urban environment is often very smoggy and dirty. This is partially from China's rapid expansion. By slowing expansion and putting more money into waste treatment and stopping water pollution, China's pollution should be reduced or at least slowed.

China is having a problem with many more males being born than females. Although recent government has been cracking down on illegal sex-selective abortions, things still need to be done about the unbalance of gender; promoting the fact that females will be treated as equal as possible by the Chinese government will perhaps make things more equal in future years. On a somewhat related note, I would keep the one-child-per-couple law in effect until China generally starts improving.

I will add on to my plan as necessary later. :)

from now on,belgium and luxumbuorg are the nearest allies of Holland and have been going up in it,are you okay with that OP?

ill trade milkproducts for resources

2nv5bvl.png

I'm in for unifying South America. Greater Argentina is in, although we still need the rest of the continent. I don't trust Colombia or Venezuela to go easily.

With much of the Pamapas being turned into small, family-owned ventures, solar and wind farms will be a readily available source of energy. I'm proposing a tax increase on all but those that would benefit the least from it (all families making less than 40,000 dollars American a year) towards development of organic technology - solar panels that can be placed on trees yet not hinder development in any way, massive algae ponds being harvested to power cities. Green energy is to become as large a business in Greater Argentina as farming and ranching - hopefully all the green power will attempt to maintain carbon neutrality. With cities like Buenos Aires and half of the country's exports dedicated to cattle ranching, we'll start leaving a large footprint if we don't help.

Now, doom, how should we begin to assimilate those other South American nations? I guarantee Colombia is profiting too much from drugs to change a whole lot - plus the nation is very full of corruption and strife, even today. Venezuela is a tricky subject, but we could have a major hand with all their oil.

Also, how about Antarctica? Are all the real-life Treaties still in play?

After a long discussion with the scientists on my island about the increasing military forces in this peaceful New World, we have decided to create more nuclear warheads (all destroyed after the Signing). Although we have faith in tip.it'ers to run their nations peacefully, some have dangerously large armies and militias. Although it is against the new laws, we will use these nukes (which will indefinitely belong to the creator of the thread) to threaten countries who do not play nicely with others.

Alright, [bleep] power, I'll be your top nuclear scientist and research the most efficient means of nuking everyone. And also conventional weapons, like nuclear powered knives and radioactive bullets. Deal? Deal.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'll control Sweden and Germany and make them into one, unified alliance/country - Swedmany.

GG.

Best not make me mad or ur internets will be gone!!2

Hawkxs has Sweden and i have Germany.

Maybe you should read the pages.

Was it not obvious? I'll take Taiwan.

And while I'm at it, istolethepie, may I claim Hong Kong from you? It was only "returned" to China ~12 years ago, why not give it up again? :D (I'll give you bananas. And guava. And high-mountain tea)

Who would now have the strength to stand against the armies of Hong Kong and Taiwan, and the union of the two towers? Of course, I'm talking about the Taipei 101 and the International Commerce Center.

But okay, let's go with plans for Taiwan...(Is there much to improve? Taiwan has one of the lowest poverty rates in the world, it has a rapidly growing economy, and has a rather high HDI)

-Improve relations with China. Assuming I've already declared independence, I'd have to suck up to istolethepie to prevent him from attacking me. Fair enough. Like I said, I'll hand over some bananas and guava.

-Extend the high speed rail throughout the entire island. All the way from Taipei to Kenting, on both the east and west coast.

-Continue technological development, especially for computers and stuff like that. Taiwan is already home to a few major computer companies, such as ASUS.

-Institute laws enforcing environmental preservation. Running down the middle of Taiwan is a heavily forested mountain range, which proves to be an amazing landscape. Also, as an island, there are many, many beaches - definitely worth preserving. Pollution isn't a huge problem in most of Taiwan, and it's definitely been improving in the past years, but I'd continue to work on reducing it. Somehow.

-Look into renewable energy more. Wind, water, and solar energy all have pretty good potential in Taiwan. This also would leave me more coal to export, which would be nice seeing as there aren't that many other notable natural resources in Taiwan.

-Continue the current conscription system (assuming I understand it correctly), of training males after the age of 18 for a few years, and then placing them in the reserve force. As Indy said, looks like a good deal of you will be keeping strong militaries - I should probably keep up. And of course, people need to fear teh towerz.

More or less the same for Hong Kong (assuming I receive it). It'd give me some control over the Taiwan Strait. :thumbup:

(No one's looking into southeast Asia? Perhaps some annexation is in order...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I'm in for unifying South America. Greater Argentina is in, although we still need the rest of the continent. I don't trust Colombia or Venezuela to go easily.

With much of the Pamapas being turned into small, family-owned ventures, solar and wind farms will be a readily available source of energy. I'm proposing a tax increase on all but those that would benefit the least from it (all families making less than 40,000 dollars American a year) towards development of organic technology - solar panels that can be placed on trees yet not hinder development in any way, massive algae ponds being harvested to power cities. Green energy is to become as large a business in Greater Argentina as farming and ranching - hopefully all the green power will attempt to maintain carbon neutrality. With cities like Buenos Aires and half of the country's exports dedicated to cattle ranching, we'll start leaving a large footprint if we don't help.

Now, doom, how should we begin to assimilate those other South American nations? I guarantee Colombia is profiting too much from drugs to change a whole lot - plus the nation is very full of corruption and strife, even today. Venezuela is a tricky subject, but we could have a major hand with all their oil.

Well, Bolivia and Peru should be the first step. The Bolivian military is weak, they spend about as much a year on their army as the US does on a single raptor. Also, 40% of their army is under 18. They also have no air force to speak of.

Peru on the other hand has a strong military. Not as strong as Brazil, or Greater Argentina, but it would be smarter to assimilate them rather than fight them. The best way to do this would be to allow their leader sovereignty, but still answer to us, but we would mostly stay out of his business, and in exchange he would get cheaper energy from us, and our assistance if needed.

Bolivia has a very weak military as I said, but it would still probably be good to assimilate them as well, rather than fight them.

Ecuador would probably follow Peru, especially if we imposed an ultimatum on them, for example, any country that doesn't join us will be blocked from trading to any of our countries.

Assuming that all went according to plan, All that would be left would be Columbia, Venezuela and all the northern countries. According to the internets, brazil has 1.4 soldiers, including reserve, with several hundred thousand on active duty. Columbia also has a large army, with 400,000 on active duty. I would rather not have to expend a huge amount of manpower to fight columbia. It would either be in our best interests to have them join us, in exchange for our help with ending their drug wars. Then all that's left is venezuela, because the northeastern countries border me, and could easily be conquered or assimilated. I think we could have venezuela join through a mutual trade agreement, plus, joining us would bring them more power, and I'm sure chavez would want that.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

That sounds like a good idea to me. With the Argentinean military buildup, I'm concentrating on the Navy and Air Force. Complete South American assimilation would be incredibly beneficial. At current rankings, Brazil is already one of the ten most powerful nations in the world, while Argentina is a minor power akin to South Africa. I'll be shooting for raising my military strength into a few hundred thousand, based on required service for 5 months after you turn 17, and after that either remaining in a reserve force that trains two weekends a month minimum, with one full week during summer - or staying in the regular active military for 2 years (minimum). Despite a large defense budget (which I will be raising) our Navy doesn't even total a hundred craft (despite being a major port nation, particularly with Uruguay and Chile assimilated) and our Air Force could be run by the Americans' aircraft carriers. I want to at least triple our current strength.

I think we should try and ally ourselves with China. They have a massive defense budget, and should they decide to, they would be able to put more boots on the ground than Greater Argentina has people. Their main issues seem to be the same as ours - a ridiculously weak Navy and Air Force. Any true invasion would probably be able to be stopped thanks to South America's lovely Andes.

[hide=]

Well, Bolivia and Peru should be the first step. The Bolivian military is weak, they spend about as much a year on their army as the US does on a single raptor. Also, 40% of their army is under 18. They also have no air force to speak of.

Peru on the other hand has a strong military. Not as strong as Brazil, or Greater Argentina, but it would be smarter to assimilate them rather than fight them. The best way to do this would be to allow their leader sovereignty, but still answer to us, but we would mostly stay out of his business, and in exchange he would get cheaper energy from us, and our assistance if needed.

Bolivia has a very weak military as I said, but it would still probably be good to assimilate them as well, rather than fight them.

Ecuador would probably follow Peru, especially if we imposed an ultimatum on them, for example, any country that doesn't join us will be blocked from trading to any of our countries.

Assuming that all went according to plan, All that would be left would be Columbia, Venezuela and all the northern countries. According to the internets, brazil has 1.4 soldiers, including reserve, with several hundred thousand on active duty. Columbia also has a large army, with 400,000 on active duty. I would rather not have to expend a huge amount of manpower to fight columbia. It would either be in our best interests to have them join us, in exchange for our help with ending their drug wars. Then all that's left is venezuela, because the northeastern countries border me, and could easily be conquered or assimilated. I think we could have venezuela join through a mutual trade agreement, plus, joining us would bring them more power, and I'm sure chavez would want that.

[/hide]

Just assasinate Chavez. He'll be all against this "New World Order" "American" type deal anyways. :lol:

I wanted Argentina but Lent took it...maybe I'll just be 2nd in command while I'll handle the internal problems while Lent works on the external expansion.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In terms of population, Brazil has more people than the rest of SA combined, so I don't think we could be stopped militarily. Once we take control of all but Columbia and Venezuela, we will control 4/5 of south America's population.

We could always pull a USA and fund a military coup in Venezuela, and remove Chavez that way. If not, I think we could convince him, I'm sure he'd be for a south american superpower, and it would gain him more power aswell. Columbia is what I'm most worried about, too much corruption. We could always make agreements with their government in exchange for them joining us.

Including current numbers, plus the rise with what we would do, our military size would be around 3.5 million, making us the second or third largest military in the world. That's not including Columbia or Venezuela either, with them we would break 4 million easily. As long as we kept good relations with the US, China, and Russia, there would be no countries that could pose a serious threat to us.

Allying with china would be beneficial, but only if we kept good relations with Mumm Ra over in the US, otherwise we might get attacked.

We also should fund a military defense system around S. Americas coastlines, we don't want to get icbm'd.

Nick, that'd be good. It's hard to concentrate on everything at once, so more people is good.

Also, we need a name for our new empire/republic/whatever.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain