Help test a game in Cambridge

Nukearcher

it is obviously a large update. they need "players" to test it to help find the things the testers could not. they also want people unfamiliar with runescape so what they are testing isn't leaked all over the place. simple logic really :|
Considering how glitched everything Jagex releases is, like the Aquanites not giving melee exp or several of MA's game modes being down on release, more testing applies to EVERY update.

Its ungrateful idiots like you who ruin the game.

You go code something into one of the most complex java applets in the world without having any unforeseen errors pop up.

MA they clearly stated it had worked fine during testing but when you had hundreds of players crammed into the waiting rooms it broke. They promptly disabled the broken rooms and within a day or so had a fix out. Pretty darn good really.

As for Aquanites yes they didnt give melee xp and yes you could cannon them, but within the first hour of release they fixed both without even restarting the servers again.

But, let me make this clear, these are things that shouldn't happen. All you have to do is attack ONE Aquanite with melee to see the flaw. With MA, they should have planned for hundreds of players trying it out on every server- that happens with ALL new content. Sure, they had it fixed in an hour, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not expecting no bugs ever, but that the bugs they have lately are glaring, huge, game breaking affairs that should never pass thorough testing by human beings or, for that matter, trained monkeys.

So you are claiming you are perfect and don't ever make a single minuscule error?

It's part of being human that we forget or overlook the odd thing from time to time.

And for the waiting rooms it worked fine during QA, unfortunately Jagex don't have the bank balance to employ 2000 around the globe QA testers to simulate a live server. There's no way short of upping member fees ten fold they can possible simulate a full liver server in QA.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is obviously a large update. they need "players" to test it to help find the things the testers could not. they also want people unfamiliar with runescape so what they are testing isn't leaked all over the place. simple logic really :|
Considering how glitched everything Jagex releases is, like the Aquanites not giving melee exp or several of MA's game modes being down on release, more testing applies to EVERY update.

Its ungrateful idiots like you who ruin the game.

You go code something into one of the most complex java applets in the world without having any unforeseen errors pop up.

MA they clearly stated it had worked fine during testing but when you had hundreds of players crammed into the waiting rooms it broke. They promptly disabled the broken rooms and within a day or so had a fix out. Pretty darn good really.

As for Aquanites yes they didnt give melee xp and yes you could cannon them, but within the first hour of release they fixed both without even restarting the servers again.

But, let me make this clear, these are things that shouldn't happen. All you have to do is attack ONE Aquanite with melee to see the flaw. With MA, they should have planned for hundreds of players trying it out on every server- that happens with ALL new content. Sure, they had it fixed in an hour, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not expecting no bugs ever, but that the bugs they have lately are glaring, huge, game breaking affairs that should never pass thorough testing by human beings or, for that matter, trained monkeys.

So you are claiming you are perfect and don't ever make a single minuscule error?

It's part of being human that we forget or overlook the odd thing from time to time.

And for the waiting rooms it worked fine during QA, unfortunately Jagex don't have the bank balance to employ 2000 around the globe QA testers to simulate a live server. There's no way short of upping member fees ten fold they can possible simulate a full liver server in QA.

I never claimed that, stop putting words in my mouth. Yes, Jagex is not perfect and the occasional bug is to be expected, but we're getting to the point where players are advising one another not to play updates for the first few days because of glitches. Lemme repeat that: PLAYERS ARE NOT PLAYING UPDATES FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS OUT OF FEAR OF BUGS. This is not right.

I guess the best possible argument against what you are saying is...

Until you have worked for JaGex, or coded a game, or have been in any type of situation with Java as they have...then don't complain.

You have no right.

No. Just... no. I am a paying customer. I pay them so I don't HAVE to code or be in their situation. I have EVERY right to complain if their service is lousy. If, say, you go to McDonalds and you have a toenail in your hamburger, are you going to complain? Or are you just going to say "Well, I didn't make this and I've never made one like it so I have no right to complain"? No. You're not. You're going to tell them in the hope you get a new hamburger.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I never claimed that, stop putting words in my mouth. Yes, Jagex is not perfect and the occasional bug is to be expected, but we're getting to the point where players are advising one another not to play updates for the first few days because of glitches. Lemme repeat that: PLAYERS ARE NOT PLAYING UPDATES FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS OUT OF FEAR OF BUGS. This is not right.

Until you have worked for JaGex, or coded a game, or have been in any type of situation with Java as they have...then don't complain.

You have no right.

No. Just... no. I am a paying customer. I pay them so I don't HAVE to code or be in their situation. I have EVERY right to complain if their service is lousy. If, say, you go to McDonalds and you have a toenail in your hamburger, are you going to complain? Or are you just going to say "Well, I didn't make this and I've never made one like it so I have no right to complain"? No. You're not. You're going to tell them in the hope you get a new hamburger.

I play every update day of release and have only once found myself hindered by a bug, yes people claim to lose hundreds of mil every update but most of these people are liars.

And you analogy is wrong.

A toenail in a burger at mcdonalds is WAY worse than some minor bug.

In reality these bugs are about equal on par to picking up a chocolate bar tht says 48p on the shelf and it scans through the til at 50p

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You have no right.

I play every update day of release and have only once found myself hindered by a bug, yes people claim to lose hundreds of mil every update but most of these people are liars.

In reality these bugs are about equal on par to picking up a chocolate bar tht says 48p on the shelf and it scans through the til at 50p

Nooo... Some guy actually lost 350 mil due to a MA glitch. Let's say that five mil is worth 1 dollar, k? He lost, in effect, 70 dollars or more. That is far worse than a toenail in a three dollar hamburger which you might get a refund for. He didn't. Jagex's bugs are VERY dangerous.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

You have no right.

Nooo... Some guy actually lost 350 mil due to a MA glitch. Let's say that five mil is worth 1 dollar, k? He lost, in effect, 70 dollars or more. That is far worse than a toenail in a three dollar hamburger which you might get a refund for. He didn't. Jagex's bugs are VERY dangerous.

He claims he did, it has never been proved or disproved.

At the same time he was carrying it on him, if you are gonna go hopping and skipping about rs with 350mil on you its you're own stupidity that makes u lose it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You have no right.

He claims he did, it has never been proved or disproved.

At the same time he was carrying it on him, if you are gonna go hopping and skipping about rs with 350mil on you its you're own stupidity that makes u lose it.

Actually he did lose it and it was confirmed by a J mod.

jmodlier.jpg

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I lol'd when I read 11-16. :lol:

Great, we've got some little kids telling Jagex what parts of Mechscape to change up.. I thought Jagex said MS was supposed to be directed to an older audience? Unless this isn't MS.. |:

It's actually 13-18 the news company made a mistake and I guess nukearcher never editted it in the first post yet. Look a few pages back to see the proof if you wish.

Edit: He did update the first post if you look, it's a seperate quote made by MMH.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

That image is touted about alot, but nothing in the image actually definitively says it was confirmed.

Mod Mat K said he didn't lose it. And apologised for a mistake, but it doesn't state what his mistake was or that the person did in fact lose what he claimed to of lost.

To me, if anything, its more proof of it being amde up than it being true.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That image is touted about alot, but nothing in the image actually definitively says it was confirmed.

Mod Mat K said he didn't lose it. And apologised for a mistake, but it doesn't state what his mistake was or that the person did in fact lose what he claimed to of lost.

He blatently tells the guy he didn't lose 350M, then he looks into it for real and sees that he did and apologizes for it. If you would have looked at the mobilising armies update thread while this was going on there would have been a lot more proof in the form of QFC's and such. It did happen, he lost 350M, Mat K clearly apologizes for him being wrong(telling him he didn't lose the money), and he thanks him for pursuing the issue(him losing 350m). It's extremely obvious what happened...... #-o

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

omg better be that new section of gwd or possibly that new skill they said they were gonna release :D :D :D

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

That's not fair for 19+ players. Especially those that don't live anywhere near Cambridge(Ie. Other side of the world). :(

Yeh so Jagex should open a building for tests in every town in the planet. And I don't think the Juggelux (as Zarfot may say) would appreciate the opinion of the common, working 42 year old.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

That's not fair for 19+ players. Especially those that don't live anywhere near Cambridge(Ie. Other side of the world). :(

Yeh so Jagex should open a building for tests in every town in the planet. And I don't think the Juggelux (as Zarfot may say) would appreciate the opinion of the common, working 42 year old.

OR they could open Beta servers. Just one or two, and send invites to a select few.

He blatently tells the guy he didn't lose 350M, then he looks into it for real and sees that he did and apologizes for it. If you would have looked at the mobilising armies update thread while this was going on there would have been a lot more proof in the form of QFC's and such. It did happen, he lost 350M, Mat K clearly apologizes for him being wrong(telling him he didn't lose the money), and he thanks him for pursuing the issue(him losing 350m). It's extremely obvious what happened...... #-o

Look at the image.

The jmod never specifically says he did lose the money or that his mistake was assuming the guy hadn't. There's obviously posts tht have been left out between them, but based on the image alone what Mod Mat K doesn't really confirm he lost it, though you could easily imply that meaning to it, but the ambiguous nature of his apologising reply doesn't give any direct, 100% confirmation seeing as it has been taken out of the flow of the thread and thus lost context.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

OR they could open Beta servers. Just one or two, and send invites to a select few.

And how is JaGex gonna select these chosen ones?

I quoted this a while back - can't believe that other people haven't picked up on it

Ideally applicants would not be familiar with Runescape.

Maybe mechscape? I predict it will have similar interfaces...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

And how is JaGex gonna select these chosen ones?

The thing is they could pick long standing members ect ect... but how would they stop active players of the game blabbing?

That's why picking local kids that haven't played Runescape is best, even if they see the new content they won't think 'OMG I HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE!'. I also think that maybe this is something physical, like the anti-hack key for example. Which they can't put on a beta server.

I quoted this a while back - can't believe that other people haven't picked up on it

I was thinking maybe mechscape too, but it's a bit of a long shot.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

They probably want these beta testers in their office so they can actually see what happens. Therefore it's no more than logical that you'd have to go to Cambridge.

Yea if they test them in person at their office then JaGex can get their honesty impression and see facial expressions and hear how they really feel instead of read a few words typed up in an email..

100c5.png

They probably want these beta testers in their office so they can actually see what happens. Therefore it's no more than logical that you'd have to go to Cambridge.

Yea if they test them in person at their office then JaGex can get their honesty impression and see facial expressions and hear how they really feel instead of read a few words typed up in an email..

I think it's mostly a communication issue. You're able to tell the kids what they're supposed to do, help them directly when they get stuck, and get immediate feedback.

Either mechscape, or it could be that new skill that a mod said could be a whole different game in its own right? Which I think would be more sensible, considering the reception that summoning had to begin with...

Read the first paragraph. It's a new update to Runescape so it's definitely NOT Mechscape. Also, based on the image it probably isn't the anti hack key, although that image doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what they're testing.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I imagine that is so it doesn't get leaked around what they are testing. I think it's either thew new dwarf quest or whatever the sign post icon will represent. But having people not familiar with Runescape and it's controls could be a problem for Jagex.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

What's weird is that they don't even require the volunteers to be a runescape player... we could get random gaming kids off the street without the faintest clue of the game that is rating content that WE have to go through. What I can only wonder is what kind of content could be so big that they'd need testers, yet so unfit to continue any previous runescape updates that the testers don't even need to be active players. Puzzling...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.