Postbag, Gallery and Wallpapers on Aug-05-2009

Atom Smash40

ok, i am going to go Waaaaay out on a limb here

BOXES

XBOES

turn the E on its side

XBOWS

dragon cross bows or has viral really lost it? you decide

If it doesn't seem painfully obvious what it is when you realize it, then it's probably not it. :)

W00t I think I got the things with the blue and red letters o_O

note the arrows down

<- RED

-> BLUE

If we take the letters right from the reds and left from the blues we get

hniinifggmins

WHICH IS AN ANAGRAM FOR MINING FISHING o_O

A new area with mining and smithing? A new quest? An update for those skills?

-LP

The blue arrow points right and the red arrow points left?

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W00t I think I got the things with the blue and red letters o_O

note the arrows down

<- RED

-> BLUE

If we take the letters right from the reds and left from the blues we get

hniinifggmins

WHICH IS AN ANAGRAM FOR MINING FISHING o_O

A new area with mining and smithing? A new quest? An update for those skills?

-LP

The blue arrow points right and the red arrow points left?

Yes, take a look in the original picture

board.jpg

(and see my edited post :))

Lpfreaky90:

Master of Quests, Attack, Fletching, Strength, Hitpoints and Defence

lpfreaky90.png

lpfreaky90.png

Nicolas Cage would have solved this faster and with an epic montage.

As for Fishing/Mining, High level content year, go figure.

well the only difference between us and cage is we work for free :thumbup:

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Yes, take a look in the original picture

board.jpg

(and see my edited post :))

You know what you're talking about.. you just wrote the directions wrong in your post.

Whoops, time for another edit o_O

Lpfreaky90:

lpfreaky90.png

lpfreaky90.png

In the code for the Chaos Elemental suitcase image, I found the following:

Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.

Both the alt text for the image ("my name is in this Postbag") and the invisible span ("Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.") are not visible normally. As for the meaning, the alt gives us a hint as to where to find the Chaos Elemental's name, and the invisible span suggests meaning to the Chaos Elemental saying, "do you smell gas?," i.e., the Chaos Elemental is pointing out that Pete left the stove on at his house. However, this is just the most simplistic interpretation of these messages, and more hidden meaning is certainly possible.

In the code for the Chaos Elemental suitcase image, I found the following:

Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.

Both the alt text for the image ("my name is in this Postbag") and the invisible span ("Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.") are not visible normally. As for the meaning, the alt gives us a hint as to where to find the Chaos Elemental's name, and the invisible span suggests meaning to the Chaos Elemental saying, "do you smell gas?," i.e., the Chaos Elemental is pointing out that Pete left the stove on at his house. However, this is just the most simplistic interpretation of these messages, and more hidden meaning is certainly possible.

A post on RSOF suggests the CEs name is Jasmine

Okay, well I assume most of us know by know that if you check "properties" on the picture it says this:

Alternate text: my name is in this Postbag

Note it says "Postbag", and not "Suitcase".

Now look at Evil Dave's response to the leader of the Silverblade Knights.

The actual letter part is of no concern, but check the P.S. part of it. It has practically nothing to do with his response. It says:

"PS - Talking of unimaginable horrors, if you see a SPANIEL OF UNIMAGINABLE HORROR in the Wilderness, please make sure to do the following:

1. DO NOT LOOK INTO HER EYES. They can turn a person inside out, and then back again.

2. DO NOT SAY HER NAME. Your tongue will fall out.

3. And, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but if you see her, put her in a CRATE OF STORAGE and bring her back to me. I haven't seen Jasmine since we went revenant-herding three years ago."

It says the name, "Jasmine", who was lost in the wilderness. It also mentions 3 years ago, and guess when the Chaos Elemental was released? February 2006, which was 3 years and a few months ago.

Who knows?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Second Column:

Bob geldof

Mc Jagger

Paul Mccartney

David Bowie

Henry Townsend

? Caverns (honestly no idea)

Right, so I was a loser a tried to find out where each of the above musicians had played (seems sort of logical) And although I didn't expect much, I found that they HAD all played at some place before, either in a band or solo. Its called The Caverns Club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cavern_Club

And that fits into the last point of "caverns" (although if anyone knows a musician with the surname Caverns please speak up now!!)

Freakin' genious. What's it mean though? :D

No idea, I doubt these musicians play Runescape anyway.

Also, I can't find a reliable record of Henry Townsend playing there.

I think it's someone called Rob Townsend, some drummer or some sort.

Also, Paul Mccartney has played at the Cavern Club for the people who realised i left him out my original list.

2v8sgvs.png

nice find on the chaos ele...

BUTBUTBUT... jasmine? jas....?

Balance elemental and stone of jas?

okay... I need answers o_O

Lpfreaky90:

lpfreaky90.png

lpfreaky90.png

This is probably pretty far-fetched but ill put it up here anyway. Considering Jasmine is a pretty weird name for the Chaos Elemental maybe you should try splitting it.

I.e. Jas-Mine

Stone of Jas anyone? Maybe the C.E is/was Jas, or he wants the stone. Like I said, it's Far-fetched. Just seems far too coincidental to me.

Posting any quotes I find interesting

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I want to see what the shorthand translation is lol

Working on it hard at the moment, don't really have anything that gives much insight yet.

_ be/been _ about _ Worse .

(capital)_ is _ _ to(?) .

If anyone wants to help out, here is my reference:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9436925/Teeline-Complete

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Epic..... :thumbsup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Working on it hard at the moment, don't really have anything that gives much insight yet.

Urgh, I'm starting to wish I learnt Shorthand in my first year of uni now!

Dark_Jab.png

If i may momentarily divert our focus from the chaos elemental, I just wanted to say the guy who wrote that first letter may possibly be the biggest nerd in Runescape.

I know we all carry a bit of a nerdiness brand. It goes with the territory. That kid has taken it waaaaaaay too far though.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Good luck with that :lol:

Im anticipating the final version =D>

Orc.png

I think its safe to assume that the penut picture's hint which was previously was figured out (as-sulted) should be held in contecxt with the letter from Vargas who said "You'll understand me soon enough, son: the sound of a sea snake's neck snapping, the smell of daggermouth breath, the sight of Fremennik warriors battling back-to-back - it all puts hair on your chest" and since pete said that all the letter's were following the cHaOS Elemental's cue of hints.

You know you all rock for all the work you put into it. I love these threads. Does anyone know how long for each release was in relation to the last one of this type? To get a general idea of how long until we can expect these updates to come out?

Several years ago, the Chaos Elemental hinted at the return of Zaros...

priest_wiz.png