Abortion what do you think of it?

Howlin0001

he didnt say it would ruin everyones life, nor would it improve every life.

alot of people simply arent fit to care for a child anyway

my view on abortion: i see nothing wrong with it, honestly.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammnit; had a giant post typed up and hit backspace

1st trimester--mother has full rights

2nd trimester--mother has full rights until the baby is close to viability(would need medical knowledge to say exactly when)

3rd trimester--state has a duty to protect a viable baby; exceptions for rape mother's life and severe medical conditions(noteably not incest since it doesn't intrinsically harm anyone)

Father's have the rights to prevent abortion of a late second trimester onwards baby but if they do the mother can reject all parental rights. Likewise, the father can at birth reject parental rights if he had wanted an abortion

Finally, adoption is a wonderful option in many cases. Adopted kids turn out perfectly normal; more accurately they are just as weird as any other group. It seems everytime there is an abortion debate someone says adoption is bad because it makes kids psycho...I'm adopted and turned out what you would consider normal.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

That's quite a big assumption, saying the mother caused the pregnancy.

If it was consenting sex, then she was responsible for it.

Why not the male? What about if they both used protection but it didn't work?

howlin1eeveesig.png

he didnt say it would ruin everyones life, nor would it improve every life.

alot of people simply arent fit to care for a child anyway

my view on abortion: i see nothing wrong with it, honestly.

I'm a she btw : ) but thanks.

Zierro: I'm not saying women who get pregnant should have abortions, which is how you seem to be interpreting it. I know and totally understand why some people have a problem with abortion, but if a woman wants an abortion, a personal choice, I don't believe anyone has the right to deny it her.

If it was consenting sex, then she was responsible for it. ... Two, which includes the girl.

Condoms are the guy's job, no? Not trying to blame males for unwanted pregnancies, obviously, but in the end it's the woman who's going to carry the baby, give birth to it, and most likely be its primary guardian. So while responsibility for pregnancy is shared between the males and the females, responsibility for the baby itself is rather loaded on the woman.

If she had sex, she had sex. You can't tell me she shouldn't be accountable for a decision she consciously made.

And you said I made everything sound so simple... :roll:

And again, assuming the mother gets off scot free? I doubt it. It'll haunt her, most probably, for the rest of her life, and she may well be depressed ages afterwards. She may not have to shoulder the responsibility of a child, but the burden of having had an abortion?

So either way, she ruins her life no matter what she chooses?

Like I said, for some women, abortion will inevitably be the lesser of two evils.

Because they're usually at the age of 20-30 by then. Compared to the baby, that's a lot.

Yeah, because most people have done everything they wanted to do by the age of 30. :roll:

I'm sorry, I just can't fathom the idea of putting a baby (who, let's face it, is barely alive and certainly not conscious) before a woman who a) is conscious, and capable of emotion, and B) probably has friends, family, colleagues, etc who care about her and her welfare,

Then why are you assuming that it will ruin everyone's life?

I don't believe I did. Merely saying that if an individual thinks it's the right thing to do, no one else should be able to stop them.

Yeah, because most people have done everything they wanted to do by the age of 30. :roll:

I'm sorry, I just can't fathom the idea of putting a baby (who, let's face it, is barely alive and certainly not conscious) before a woman who a) is conscious, and capable of emotion, and B) probably has friends, family, colleagues, etc who care about her and her welfare

That is an argument against having a child, not one I would consider relevant to abortion.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Absolutely legal, under this logic:

1) A good woman got pregnant, isn't a stank but it happened. While she would take care of the baby, it would really crumble her lifestyle. Her previous innocence shouldn't be punished.

2) A stank gets pregnant and while punishment should be applied, that punishment is a living thing. But since she's a stank and of a bad origin, the baby is going to grow up into a horrible enivoment and probably join gangs and crap when it's older. Save the kid's suffering and the suffering of society.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

1) A woman got pregnant. While she would take care of the baby, it would really crumble her lifestyle. Her previous innocence shouldn't be punished.

2) A stank gets pregnant and while punishment should be applied, that punishment is a living thing. Save the kid's suffering and the suffering of society.

Here here.

I fear that when people say "People have to live with the consequences of their actions" it's out of a little spite as well as justice - rather conservative and unpleasant. People make mistakes, it happens. Doesn't mean that everyone involved should have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

1) A good woman got pregnant, isn't a stank but it happened. While she would take care of the baby, it would really crumble her lifestyle. Her previous innocence shouldn't be punished.

2) A stank gets pregnant and while punishment should be applied, that punishment is a living thing. But since she's a stank and of a bad origin, the baby is going to grow up into a horrible enivoment and probably join gangs and crap when it's older. Save the kid's suffering and the suffering of society.

What is a stank? Who gets to define what one is? Or would that go by opinion?

howlin1eeveesig.png

I've argued this over in my mind a lot. I might see it acceptable if the birth would kill the mother or if the baby would be born with severe problems. But i'm pretty sure you can just leave a baby off at the hospital and they will take it. Rape- I'm split two ways, punishing the baby for what it's father did.. but it's mother didn't want it in the first place. I'm not really sure on this subject this is just my personal views.

meta318.png

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

Under most circumstances, I think abortion is wrong. Whoever is having the abortion most likely made the decision to have sex, so they should live with the consequences of their actions. If you aren't prepared to have children, you shouldn't be having sex.

By this logic, we shouldn't treat HIV and other STDs. But we do.

To say that its the woman's right to be able to choose is contradictory. The baby has no choice in the matter. And if you don't think the baby's life will be worth living, you can't make that decision fo yourself.

Children also don't have a choice in many things, like other types of medical care. And that's sort of what an abortion is, medical care. If we don't let children have a choice in many other things, what difference does it make that the baby has no choice here?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It depends on the circumstances. If its a child of rape or if it will cause harm to the mother and it should be terminated then so be it. if its just because a mother was stupid and did a one night stand without protection then her fault.

the main problem i have with the pro-choice debate is that the father has no choice in the matter. i know a person who found out his wife was pregnant was bragging about it at work the entier time, planning a baby shower and such. only to have her go behind his back and get rid of it. he was devistated after it and they broke up.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Zierro: I'm not saying women who get pregnant should have abortions, which is how you seem to be interpreting it. I know and totally understand why some people have a problem with abortion, but if a woman wants an abortion, a personal choice, I don't believe anyone has the right to deny it her.

And I'm not saying they shouldn't... Go back and read our first posts. I was only saying that there are some bad things to abortion. In fact, I think I said I was pretty much on the fence and that there are cases where it's fine.

Condoms are the guy's job, no? Not trying to blame males for unwanted pregnancies, obviously, but in the end it's the woman who's going to carry the baby, give birth to it, and most likely be its primary guardian. So while responsibility for pregnancy is shared between the males and the females, responsibility for the baby itself is rather loaded on the woman.

Okay but that doesn't have to do with the sex. The point is that she is responsible for having sex - because that's what she did. You're arguing against her being responsible by flinging the blame on other issues, like a persuasive boyfriend. There is a reason the term "rape" exists - to show the difference between consenting sex and forced sex. Even if she was persuaded, she still chose to do it - she could have easily prevented it.

I'm sorry, I just can't fathom the idea of putting a baby (who, let's face it, is barely alive and certainly not conscious) before a woman who a) is conscious, and capable of emotion, and B) probably has friends, family, colleagues, etc who care about her and her welfare,

I never said that. What I did say was that they did more than what the baby has done.

I like how you say I'm putting the baby before the woman, as if we're talking about equal things. If I chose saving a bird's life over healing a human's itch, would you say I'm putting a bird before a human? Technically, yeah, but saving a life is something more serious than an itch. Just like a baby's life is more serious than not wanting to go out with your friends and colleagues every night... Your life doesn't end as soon as you have a kid. There are plenty of parents around to prove that having a baby isn't nearly as bad as being killed.

I don't believe I did. Merely saying that if an individual thinks it's the right thing to do, no one else should be able to stop them.

I agree with this. But I also agree that abortions can be a pretty bad thing in a lot of cases.

No, abortions don't save lives. They do the opposite.

Under most circumstances, I think abortion is wrong. Whoever is having the abortion most likely made the decision to have sex, so they should live with the consequences of their actions. If you aren't prepared to have children, you shouldn't be having sex.

You're not gonna kill someone by treating their herpes :roll:

To say that its the woman's right to be able to choose is contradictory. The baby has no choice in the matter. And if you don't think the baby's life will be worth living, you can't make that decision fo yourself.

Children also don't have a choice in many things, like other types of medical care. And that's sort of what an abortion is, medical care. If we don't let children have a choice in many other things, what difference does it make that the baby has no choice here?

What difference does it make? Their life! Are you saying that giving a kid a shot is equivalent to KILLING THEM?

mbqyk3.gif

I don't see why people are seeing abortions as "killing". I see it as "preventing" a baby from coming into the world. I'm just not seeing what's so wrong about ending something that never started.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't see why people are seeing abortions as "killing". I see it as "preventing" a baby from coming into the world. I'm just not seeing what's so wrong about ending something that never started.

Depends entirely on how you define life. While I'm not the egg+sperm=instant human type; I certainly disagree that its not human while its in a woman. I feel obligated to point out the slipperly slope associated with what you said, why should we protect any being that is dependent on its mother? Can you really say a baby's life has started just because its wrapped up in a crib instead of being wrapped up in someone's body?

awteno.jpg

What is your views on abortion?

I have recently just started to think about it but not too sure on what my view is.

lol grammar fail.

Abortion is fine so long as it's within the first trimester.

It's a very confusing issue for me. On the one hand, I don't think early abortions involve ending a life or, even less accurately, killing a person. I don't believe in souls so terminating some cell growth is just that in my eyes. On the other hand you are ending an opportunity for life, which isn't something I could say I'm delighted about.

If it was a girl I got pregnant I'm sure the coward in me would be incredibly relieved if she decided to get an abortion, so I can't condemn other people for it. In the end the convinience and ability to protect me from unwanted circumstances mean I'm for abortions being legal and available.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I don't like you because you always make fun of me. :( I don't actually not like you, you're just mean to me.

I should have pushed your mother to abort you right after we conceived. We tried, but you were too matured in development, all we accomplished was giving you some brain damage.

I'm not mean, its just that beating dead horses are just so fun!

Just remember, no matter how much I beat the crap out of you or verbally abuse you, I still lerb like you.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

This, really. It's pretty much the same as when protextion is successful, it's just gotten a little farther. Like stepping on the mouse that gets through the trap.

Depends entirely on how you define life. While I'm not the egg+sperm=instant human type; I certainly disagree that its not human while its in a woman. I feel obligated to point out the slipperly slope associated with what you said, why should we protect any being that is dependent on its mother? Can you really say a baby's life has started just because its wrapped up in a crib instead of being wrapped up in someone's body?

You can quibble about trimesters all you want, but there is a clear line that can be drawn: birth. After that, it's alive and would be a murder. But before? It's just an abortion. It could not possibly even know the difference, if you believe such a thing is relevant.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You can quibble about trimesters all you want, but there is a clear line that can be drawn: birth. After that, it's alive and would be a murder. But before? It's just an abortion. It could not possibly even know the difference, if you believe such a thing is relevant.

A functioning heart is a fine line; brain waves are a fine line; a doctors ageing of the baby is a fine(though ironically inprecise line).

My point was soley that saying it isn't a baby until it is born is a rather inappropriate line. During the later third trimester the baby is perfectly capable of survival with basic newborn medical care; why does its residency change its life status?

awteno.jpg

Abortion is every women's right. Though, abortion in the last stages of pregnancy should be prohibited, for obvious reasons. One has enough time to reconsider a pregnancy with the current limits in Holland, so I approve of the legislation here :thumbup:

I think that the decision comes down to the mother and if she thinks it's the right decision under whatever circumstances, then it should be up to her. Obviously, it also comes down to the father if he is supporting her and she can also ask opinions and views from other family members.

My own personal view is that before the baby is born it is not a baby, especially in the early stages of pregnancy where it is just a bundle of cells really. I know that some people believe that life starts at conception but I believe it starts when the baby is born to be honest.

3476uxd.jpg

Thanks to littleboy for the signature.