School

Pinkbullet3

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many of you know about what the IB program is... but... here's my schedule:

Day 1:

physics 20 IB

French 20 IB

LUNCH

Chemistry 20 IB

English 20-1

Day 2:

Chemistry 35

Foods 20 - 5 cr (thank god this class is so chill!)

LUNCH

Math 30 IB (I like math, we had to do 10 and 20 in grade 10, so we could do 31 in grade 12)

History 20 IB.

I wanted to drop history and french last year, in addition to LA, but for some damn reason, I didn't. Now I'm stuck in 2 classes I don't want to be in, but my history teacher is really cool and I could probably live in his class. French I'm not so sure about.

Also, don't you just hate it when NONE of your friends are in your classes even though you all picked pretty much the same subjects? :wall:

Staurolite.png

I don't know how many of you know about what the IB program is... but... here's my schedule:

Day 1:

physics 20 IB

French 20 IB

LUNCH

Chemistry 20 IB

English 20-1

Day 2:

Chemistry 35

LUNCH

Math 30 IB (I like math, we had to do 10 and 20 in grade 10, so we could do 31 in grade 12)

History 20 IB.

I wanted to drop history and french last year, in addition to LA, but for some damn reason, I didn't. Now I'm stuck in 2 classes I don't want to be in, but my history teacher is really cool and I could probably live in his class. French I'm not so sure about.

Also, don't you just hate it when NONE of your friends are in your classes even though you all picked pretty much the same subjects? :wall:

I will probably do IB next year.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Day 1:

physics 20 IB

French 20 IB

LUNCH

Chemistry 20 IB

English 20-1

Day 2:

Chemistry 35

LUNCH

History 20 IB.

I will probably do IB next year.

My parents forced me into it. I suppose IB isn't bad, but everybody is making it sound like the normal curriculum are full of [wagon]es. That's totally not true. This year, in my English class, it is way more creative and enthusiastic than my IB classes.

But I think IB gives some university credits.

Staurolite.png

I'll post my schedule later. Still busy doing homework. :x

Whee done.

Sophomore schedule:

A Block - Latin. It's a normal level class, yet the teacher - who's new, by the way, and her last name is Blood - gives more work than some of my honors classes do.

B Block - Honors Math (for juniors). Awesome teacher. But I know less than half my classmates. And how many of them know me is an even better question.

C Block - Honors Chem. There are a bunch of idiots in my class since physics last year was a joke and just about everyone got into honors chem. The teacher is funny and all, but he gives a lot of work too. (32 pages in our textbook was his idea of a short chapter for homework on the second day. Always fun.)

D Block - Honors History. I didn't get the awesome, very experienced teacher I thought I had. Instead, I got some new lady who's only taught for like one year, and doesn't know anything about half the curriculum. And yet she's managed to give us a few pages of writing every day for homework. I don't have any extremely good friends in my class. :(

E Block - Honors English. The only class I have with a good teacher and good classmates. Though there are only like 5 guys, in contrast to maybe 20 girls. The teacher is very, very good (my sister had him and said I'll learn a lot), though he's a pretty strict grader.

F Block - Intro to Graphics. My class is full of [bleep]ing freshmen. (<--gotta love the alliteration) The teacher is really nice, and I might end up learning a thing or two, but I'm only taking it to fill my schedule.

G Block - Study halls. They turn into free blocks second semester. Can't wait.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Everyone has such complex schedules compare to me. I have 4 classes a day. For half the year. Then I have a new four classes for the second year.

I guess they are sort of like my middle school where I had A and B days and some long classes and some short classes and some changed every few weeks.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Forgot to mention I have 81 minute classes with 9 minutes break in between :wall:

Everyone has such complex schedules compare to me. I have 4 classes a day. For half the year. Then I have a new four classes for the second year.

I guess they are sort of like my middle school where I had A and B days and some long classes and some short classes and some changed every few weeks.

Same here, except I have a rotating Day 1 and 2 for the entire year.

Staurolite.png

My schedule's pretty easy. It's got two days, even and odd days. Even days are 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th periods and odd days are 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th periods. 1st period is an hour long and all the others are an hour and a half long.

1st - AP English 11

2nd - US History

4th - IT Computer Graphics

6th - IT Web Tech

3rd - Physics

5th - Trigonometry (it's really a precalc class though)

7th - Music Theory

wl7w9j.png

My freshman schedule:

1. Honors Science/Physics + Chem

2. Health (my favorite class)

3. Intermediate Band

4. Honors English

2nd Lunch

5. Honors Integrated 2A Math

6. Honors History

:lol:

Honors where I am was pretty freaking easy Freshman year.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

My freshman schedule:

1. Honors Science/Physics + Chem

2. Health (my favorite class)

3. Intermediate Band

4. Honors English

2nd Lunch

5. Honors Integrated 2A Math

6. Honors History

:lol:

Honors where I am was pretty freaking easy Freshman year.

It seems pretty easy so far, but if you're not in honors you're in the regular classes, which really won't get you far at all.

C Block - Honors Chem. There are a bunch of idiots in my class since physics last year was a joke and just about everyone got into honors chem. The teacher is funny and all, but he gives a lot of work too. (32 pages in our textbook was his idea of a short chapter for homework on the second day. Always fun.)

You had physics before chemistry? Everyone in my school always has chem first then physics even though it's not a prerequisite.

I wish I had block scheduling or something like that, sucks going through the same 9 periods everyday.

AP Bio's already hell, and wish I never took AP Spanish in the first place. Spanish teacher says that 6 people got 5s last year, and mostly people get 3s.

Our regular classes are filled with idiots who don't even care about getting a good grade.

The work is super easy to.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You had physics before chemistry? Everyone in my school always has chem first then physics even though it's not a prerequisite.

I wish I had block scheduling or something like that, sucks going through the same 9 periods everyday.

AP Bio's already hell, and wish I never took AP Spanish in the first place. Spanish teacher says that 6 people got 5s last year, and mostly people get 3s.

We go by the order xkcd (or some other web comic) puts it. Physics first, since it's applied math. Then chem, since it's applied physics. Then bio, since that's applied chem. You can then choose in senior year - most people either don't take a science, or they take AP Chem (which is also offered to juniors, though so is AP Bio and some people only want one at a time), or AP Physics (or some other class which is).

Thursdays are torture for me with my schedule since I have my 5 real classes (A-E block), including three long blocks (80 minutes long). Regular classes are 55 minutes.

The material is easy enough (at least so far, though it's not like I can judge off 3 days of school), it's just a lot of work.

We don't have honors classes for freshmen at my school, except for math. And we don't have honors Latin either. :|

And Graphics is only a half year course for me, second semester it switches to Advanced Robotics (two blocks) and PE (two blocks - it's a class called Lifetime Activities, which means like golf and random other sports you can play when you're old that involve very little movement :P ).

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

1: Advanced Functions (Pre-req to Calculus)

2: Religion

3: Politics

4: Lunch

5: Economics

Then in February, my schedule will be

1: Calculus

2: Law

3: Business Management

4: Lunch

5: International Business

I dont have to take an english credit because I took it in July (Y) ... actually, I would much rather have had the English course and an extra month of summer but my mom forced me to do it because I dont have a job :lol:

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

I'M DONE READING A TALE OF TWO CITIES

i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so happy

[hide=Massive Spoilers]Oh and Sidney Carton dies in the end. I hope I just ruined the book for you all.[/hide]

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

1st: Economics

2nd: American Sign Language III (highest ASL curriculum in my school. :thumbsup: )

3rd: Teacher's Assistant

4th: Culinary Arts II (also the highest curriculum for cooking)

5th: English 12

6th: Algebra 2

I'm a senior btw.

Sophomore year:

1 - Chemistry

2 - Honors English

3 - Algebra 2

4 - Psychology

--Lunch--

5 - PE II/Health

6 - Spanish II

7 - Bible II

Do you go to a Christian school or something?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to bump this thread and see how everyone was doing in school, now that about 4 months have passed...

I've got final exams next week and then I'm off for two weeks. It snowed here near Chicago around Monday/Tuesday so it's really cold. And also, the school district has change our Snow Day policy. Instead of having no school on a typical Snow Day, school would start at 9:30am rather than 7:45am after the snow plows have cleared the streets and such.

Has caused quite a stir amongst the students.

*shivers*

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

We already had that, we have school closings (no school) and 2 hour delays (name says it all). But our superintendent is now an extremely old man who seems to think that rain is cause for a 2 hour delay, so at this point we've already had 6 of them. Best part is, we don't have to make them up at the end of the year :)

That is why delays are better then school actually getting canceled.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.