New massive advertisement on Runescape homepage.

forestfrolic

They probably got paid well to do it.
QFT. I personally don't like it, but hey, it makes them money. Seeing as how I'm not on the homepage for more than 2-3 seconds at a time, I really don't care too much.

Honestly, I wasn't trolling. I don't do that. Just saying that they care about money.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personall don't see the problem or how it can possible effect people. It isn't covering anything up, or taking up space used by anything useful. It is only taking up the area that was a MA picture, which took up a fair amount of space. From a pure business standpoint, thats a hell of a lot of space that can be used for advertising and some nice extra income.

This.

Ever since the GI. Joe sides came the only ad that comes up is a Flash one for the GI. Joe movie. :|

Just a bit of advertising, nothing wrong with it.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

there's a a G I joe the movie :o

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I run rs on another os....still can't see it =`{

[hide=Pic]Clipboard01.png[/hide]

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Do you think this new advertisement has something to do with the recent poll Jagex had released to their players about movies?

I noticed that they were selling something that would come out on a DVD/blu-ray disc. I think this ad may have something to do with that.

I can't really think of what Jagex is onto right now. First they give us a poll that doesn't really fit in with the others, and now they put a strange ad on the side. Any ideas for what they are up to?

I can't really think of what Jagex is onto right now. First they give us a poll that doesn't really fit in with the others, and now they put a strange ad on the side. Any ideas for what they are up to?

Selling out?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Do you think this new advertisement has something to do with the recent poll Jagex had released to their players about movies?

I noticed that they were selling something that would come out on a DVD/blu-ray disc. I think this ad may have something to do with that.

No they wouldnt do polls for other companies, It'd be target research for Jagex themselves.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

No they wouldnt do polls for other companies, It'd be target research for Jagex themselves.

Or they could be doing to poll to prove profitability to potential advertisers.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

i kinda like it maybe if they advertised something id want to see i would like it more... i really dont vare either way doesnt affect me at all and only helping others not hurting anyone

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I just found a Jagex Mod post on a forum thread saying that the new advertisement will be just temporary! That means that Jagex already has plans of removing it soon. I'm still trying to figure out why they're putting it there though.

Because they get paid for it, Hey i'll give you $10000 to wear these clothes for a week;

Answer

A) No thanks people won't understand why I'm doing it

B) Money PLS!!!

If Jagex do bring out dvds I want behind the scenes at jagex i'd buy that

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

JaGeX is a very large company and RuneScape is played on a global scale, you can't imagine companies not wanting to put up advertisements, players will see the advertisements, then go out and spend money on whatever the advertisement was.

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

I do not understand why everyone's making such a big deal about this. Click the play now button and woah - it's gone! It doesn't stop you from seeing anything.

cliffside1ra5.png

Selling out?

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

The advertisement doesn't both me in the least bit; and I'm especially glad they didn't use the same type of ad as that damn X-Men one...

Whatever the amount of income Jagex gets from ads, I'm all right with them.

I hated that stupid X-Men one, it took forever to load for some reason and lagged me... :roll:

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog