Merch clans -Stop spamming-!

sharksman3

Ok i get merch clans and what they do and everything. I get that they help people and give others ( the bad end of the stick )

But do they really have to advertise there sites with 10 to 15 people in 1 small area. I man seriously i can't even trade somebody anymore without having to turn on trade showings only. If you agree with me please post here and give some ideas how else they can advertise there price manipulating clans. :pray:

If you havn't noticed them heres a picture.

merchclans.jpg

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

That picture was taken about 3 minutes before i posted ( took me awhile since i didn't get the image shack thing) lol.

So yea it's still going on and it's still annoying

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

There's probably no way to stop them from spamming but to add them to your ignore list. Life is already hard as it is, so just put them to your ignore list. Hope this helps :P

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

Merch clans need to emot-dogout.gif when it comes to the way they operate, many of them by scamming and duping people into buying out items so they can profit while the people lose when the item crashes.

I think I'm going to go into Zezima Joken (from the screenshot) to check out some Zezima Jokes.

"Why did the Zezima cross the road?"

"Dunno."

"To get to the 99 sailing cape! emot-woof.gif"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I hate merchanting clans too, but other than reporting the advertiser then theres nothing really you can do.

What I do when I see one is:

* Report for spamming/macroing (After practicing typing what they say a few times if it's too fast Macro, if not Spam)

* Add to Ignore List

That's probably what you can do at this point.

(If you don't like reporting then just use the Ignore List.) :)

Link0000109.png

Homer: So if we don't all vote the same way we'll be "deadlocked" and be "sequestered" at the Springfield Hotel, where we'll get Free Room, Free TV, Free Food, Free HBO. OOH! Free Willy!

Skinner: Homer I think this has something more to do than a disobedient whale.

Homer: Okay, how are the rest of you voting.

Every member of the Jury: Guilty.

Homer: How many "S'" in innocent?

*Jury groans*

Homer: I'm only doing what I think is right. I believe Freddy Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel.

I've taken a liking to the newer "report abuse" interface, it makes it alot easier to report these narbs.

I would personally like to see some IP bans given out, not only to stop their nub characters, but to actually punish them; its bad enough to have organized price manipulation - worse to listen to them gloat about their clans.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Glow2:Wave: JOIN ANARCHAOTIC AND LOSE INSTANT MILLS DAILY!

Enough Spam... I can't even stand in the G.E W2 without half of my screen being filled with "JOIN AND MAKE MILLLLLLLZ Daily"

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Agreed. I have no screenies, but I was trying to buy an item on the GE, so I was saying "Buying a in the ge max price" and so on. There was also 2 peopel advertising a random merchant clan. I also forget the name of that, but here is just about what my chat box looked like:

[hide=]Join and make mils daily!

Join and make mils daily!

Buying in the ge max price!

Join and make mils daily![/hide]

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I agree too, merching clans frequently spam the screen especially in world 2 GE. I hate price manipulators, their conducts are unethical, i.e. the leaders pre-buy stocks before they announce to their clans, and then sell them before they ask them to dump their stock, so to maximise their profits, disregarding other players. Besides, those who don't merch (like me), cannot buy what they need, say for example for level requirement for a quest etc. (Look at iron ore) Or to buy a weapon for slayer tasks or just for training combat, (Zamorakian Spear and Guthan). I think Jagex should do something about price manipulation and the fluctuation of prices like sharemarket. In my opinion, this is an unwanted consequence (general inflation) from an unwanted update (GE), and i think something's better to be dealt with soon, before things escalate.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Merch clans need to be a bannable offense imo.

I hate how the constantly and purposefully drive an item's price through the roof.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

I am tired of the spam, I cant even play with my public chat on in the ge anymore, its ridiculous.

As for banning merch clans, I think that would be sweet but there is no way to see if someone is indeed merching unless Jagex sends in like undercover mods :shock: maybe they have those already? :? either way should there ever be a way to detect it other than the horrendous spam ads (which after banning merch was declared would disappear from all but the stupidest bots) then I would be down for that

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

I don't go to W2 GE anymore, i stick to my own world.. and if i see someone spamming a channel, i usually tell the to shut the [bleep] up. which is usually followed by several agree'ers :)

Im going to make a petition against merch clans in the official RS forums tomorrow if anyone is interested

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

i once got so annoyed i found a merch clan cc that had chat turned on to anyone, so i started spamming how merch clans sucked..i got kicked from the channel after like a min, but not before a bunch of pple pm'd me asking what was so bad about it. so i told em, and they very quickly left the cc. mission accomplished :thumbsup:

i then went to mmg's cc and tried to get other pple to help me spam their cc to get pple to leave it. oops. -.- i got reported for 'encouraging others to break rules.' stupid noobs.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

i then went to mmg's cc and tried to get other pple to help me spam their cc to get pple to leave it. oops. -.- i got reported for 'encouraging others to break rules.' stupid noobs.

Ouch are you muted? if so how long?

no i didnt get muted. which is great, for obvious reasons, also causethe person who reported me decided to let me know in private chat, then proceded to gloat about reporting me. he was like: "dont worry it will only be a 3 day mute" among other things.. :evil:

so i got to pm him back 2 days later and let him know who didnt get muted. it made my day.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

• 2 weeks later...
what i do sometimes with merching calns i dump the item really early then they all get pissed off, its funny as

That would do little or nothing unless you had a huge amount of the item they're merching. If 15 people in a merch clan own 100k pray pots, and you dump say, 3k, that would do basically nothing...

I'm not normally one to call out player moderators over this or that, but you have to admit that this is the kinda thing where their muting powers are extremely useful. Just go visit W2 Varrock and bust out your mutehammer!

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

• 1 month later...

Found these in the RS screenshots thread.

RiseoftheMachine.jpg

RiseoftheMachine2.jpg

Merch clan spammers are going to be a LOT harder to stop now.

I wish those auto-typers would stop advertising their "merchanting" clans already.

Jagex really should give us a right-click "Report" option in the chatbox to stop these botters.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention