18th August 2009 - Menagerie, Familiar Controls and Butler

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houses load faster, and can tele with construction mode on. AWESOME! I am still gona stay the hell away from MA though.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Pretty disappointed with this update to be honest, it seems like they are catering to level 30's again.

Summoning familiars had to be coaxed several times to get them to actually attack anything, so this is a great update. Most of the stuff in our POH that stores pets may not require high level Construction, but a mini-Obelisk is always helpful. Don't even get me started on the flatpack Make-X and the butlers' almost self-automating routine, including writing their own checks.

Sometimes it's the small updates that make the game more enjoyable. At least, I think so.

@Kenneh: This is direct from the KB of the Menagerie:

Finally, one of the best things about your menagerie is that any pets housed within it do not count towards your pet limits, so you will be able to get more than one of the same type of pet. Imagine: a volcanic habitat with a desecrated pet house, home to four baby dragons (one of each colour)! It's the dream of many pet owners and an impressive menagerie to boot.

I don't think you can have two dragons of the same color in your house, but one in the bank and one in the house is probably fine.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

@Kenneh: This is direct from the KB of the Menagerie:

Finally, one of the best things about your menagerie is that any pets housed within it do not count towards your pet limits, so you will be able to get more than one of the same type of pet. Imagine: a volcanic habitat with a desecrated pet house, home to four baby dragons (one of each colour)! It's the dream of many pet owners and an impressive menagerie to boot.

I don't think you can have two dragons of the same color in your house, but one in the bank and one in the house is probably fine.

Yea but, thats if your wanting 4 drags. What if you wanna try for more ;) Ill give it a shot anyway

X_kaylin_X.png

blackwarriors.png

Does anyone else think Dark Warriors' swords look out of place? :P Noticed when I was doing a clue earlier today.

Yeah, that's when you ask yourself, "Wasn't anyone paying attention or did they think this looked good?" :?:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

In other news...

In a similiar fashion to Soul Wars and the Fishing Trawler minigames, we've added an activity bar to the Great Orb Project. As expected, your activity is maintained when contributing, but if the bar drops too low you'll be removed from the game.

Is this going to affect 50/50 GOP clans? Is Jagex really trying to get rid of mini-game clans? Forgive me if I'm missing something here.

Any fool can write a rule, but any fool will mind it

--Thoreau

daskos99.png

Flickr

In other news...

In a similiar fashion to Soul Wars and the Fishing Trawler minigames, we've added an activity bar to the Great Orb Project. As expected, your activity is maintained when contributing, but if the bar drops too low you'll be removed from the game.

Is this going to affect 50/50 GOP clans? Is Jagex really trying to get rid of mini-game clans? Forgive me if I'm missing something here.

as long as the loosing team still gets one or 2 in a round they will probably be fine.

Y_Z.png

I'm definitely going to try my Karam. Overlord on my next Aviansie trip... was so annoying to call that bugger every time I attacked something. Combat familiar update is very helpful, actually making them worth using for general PvM.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

In other news...

Gah I keep forgetting about the 50/50 update. Possibly it will :?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

:(

Only fully grown pets are allowed in the menagerie. :cry: D'arvit, I don't WANT to drag them around!

Maybe I'll waste time and get another cat. Those at least can catch stuff.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

:(

Only fully grown pets are allowed in the menagerie. :cry: D'arvit, I don't WANT to drag them around!

Maybe I'll waste time and get another cat. Those at least can catch stuff.

I'm off to make my lazy cat back into a wily b4 i put im in

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Can someone post a picture of each of the level-92 pet houses, please?

Thanks.

here's one.

I've got all the dragon eggs. Time to make them big. <3:

I like the way olly's gets quoted but I got mine up before >.>.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Can someone post a picture of each of the level-92 pet houses, please?

Thanks.

here's one.

I've got all the dragon eggs. Time to make them big. <3:

I like the way olly's gets quoted but I got mine up before >.>.

Uh, yeah so what? I just picked the one I could find.

"This can only be made by upgrading the previous piece of furniture."

WTF?!

Oak -> Teak -> Mahog. -> One of the lvl 92 ones.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

"This can only be made by upgrading the previous piece of furniture."

WTF?!

Oak -> Teak -> Mahog. -> One of the lvl 92 ones.

So I have to make an oak, remove it, make teak, remove it, make mahog, remove it, make the level 92?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

So I have to make an oak, remove it, make teak, remove it, make mahog, remove it, make the level 92?

Make an oak one, right click it, choose upgrade, upgrade it too a teak one etc.

Byzantus.png

Make an oak one, right click it, choose upgrade, upgrade it too a teak one etc.

Thanks. That's a little odd, but I understand it now.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I knew making a 3 garden courtyard would come in handy one day. :thumbsup:

5 garden courtyard FYW :thumbsup:

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....