200M in all Skills

Makilio

Sorry to break the tension in the middle of this argument but I've decided to come back again!

Playing rs sure beats laying around in bed all day doing nothing. I know some will say not playing was what's for the best but I think I'm better off playing.

Also can anyone give me donations so I can finish 200m farming? :D I have lots of free space in my friends list, if anyone wants me to add them let me know.

If i got 99 rc as is and someone else got it at 100k xp an hour if I had fun doing it then who cares right?

Some people play for fun, some people play to win.

Also, the feeling of 'wasted time' might be worse than the enjoyment of skilling, before you knew you were actually wasting time. Taking myself as an example :).

Welcome back Paperbag, hope you made the right decision but that's something only you know, I suppose.

198 days and counting :rolleyes:

Enjoyed every minute of it, whether or not Jagex makes it so you can max out in 50 days

Obviously you spent more time 'enjoying' the game because your stats should be a lot higher for 200 days of play time. That, or you're just inefficient in skilling, I don't know. I don't really find minigames, PKing or bossing that fun so I avoided them in most cases.

Makaveli_93.png

Sorry to break the tension in the middle of this argument but I've decided to come back again!

Playing rs sure beats laying around in bed all day doing nothing. I know some will say not playing was what's for the best but I think I'm better off playing.

Also can anyone give me donations so I can finish 200m farming? :D I have lots of free space in my friends list, if anyone wants me to add them let me know.

Lol that's the exact reason I'm still playing rs. It's better than doing nothing. Welcome back btw.

Welcome back. :)

welcome back paper!

^ read my post above Paperbag's

Then why feel cheated by the time lost?

.... because of the fact that I could have had 100 days worth of better stats right now or could have used that time for other real life stuff

this is hopeless, next topic

wb paper

A13d.png

It's not an actual problem because like I said people will do the best methods anyway to remain efficient regardless

It's the feeling of regret you have NOW looking back on how you could have saved all that time DUE TO THE UPDATES and could have used it to better yourself or your account

NOT the feeling of regret that you had at the time of doing those older methods

A13d.png

Ring World, you need to understand some people enjoy playing for ranks. You may not like it and make it sound derogatory, but this thread is mostly about people competing, hence the comments about devalued play time. I understand Makaveli and A13d's position on effigies even though I'm on the same page as Squisher, effigies will make me max out and I dig it.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Thats why you do fast skills first

I'd say that only applies to the 200m all skills goal rather than the 99 all. People decide they want 99 everything when they're pretty close to the goal. No one will really start playing RS and plan out how to do everything most efficiently because they don't care until they get like fifteen 99s and it starts getting serious.

Makaveli_93.png

Thats why you do fast skills first

I'd say that only applies to the 200m all skills goal rather than the 99 all. People decide they want 99 everything when they're pretty close to the goal. No one will really start playing RS and plan out how to do everything most efficiently because they don't care until they get like fifteen 99s and it starts getting serious.

This, maxing wasn't even my goal till 6 months ago when I had max tank combat stats and almost all noncombat maxed

A13d.png

I personally understand both points on the effigy debate: Ring_World is trying to argue that if you had fun, who cares if faster methods come out. While others are trying to argue that levels (and xp) in slow skills was time wasted prior to effigies coming out, since they faster and less of a grind.

I think what Ring_World is trying to argue is that playing efficiently and for xp/ranks is =/= fun. This is not true, and I'm going out on a limb here saying that everyone going for ranks finds the competition aspect almost as fun as the game itself and hence the frustration at effigies being released and the downgrading of their achievements and time wasted that could have been used to gain ranks in other skills that were not significantly altered by effigies.

I bet Makaveli and A13d would not be nearly as opinionated about an update prior to the release of effigies that involved actual runecrafting and just had slightly increased xp/hr.

tl;dr Ring_World needs to understand that in the case of alot of people 'e-achievements' = fun, and that time used prior to updates could have been used for 'e-achievements' that are still as highly regarded as they were, and that = more fun, than the downgrading of an achievement.

But what do I know, I've spent 200+ days and my stats still suck :)

I spent alot of time on RSC and don't regret it at all, but if I found playing for ranks fun then I would be annoyed. Just because one persons opinion of fun is different to yours, doesn't make them wrong, just different.

Welcome back, Paperbag :)

Surely those RC robes coming out will be similiar to Lumberjack/Gold mining suit? So 2.5% bonus or whatever it is, or not far from it.

La_Tamatoa.png

My Youtube

#37 to achieve the trimmed Completionist cape.

I'd say effigies annoy me not because they make a skill easier, but because they make it so you don't even have to train a skill. I have 99 woodcutting, and I wouldn't be that mad if Jagex released a new tree that gave 150k/hr xp and profit, but I'd be kind of pissed if they made an ent you could kill for wc xp.

Hmm idc at all about rs getting easier, I actually encourage it, Im at 253 days played and I've only got 4 99s and 120dg, not to mention the 99s I've gotten are easy. I got 99 dung before occult floors even came out, and even though I knew they were coming out I kept training it. I don't think skills getting easier will matter as much if you're already 99, because you'll never have to train it again, unless you're going for 200m. I just play to have fun, playing for ranks isn't worth it because tbh, the first 22 ranks are what matters, and those will be filled within the next couple of years. Going for 200m after page 1 is just because you enjoy the skill or find it tolerable to train, or going for the prestigious 200m in every skill.

But lets be honest, im at 253 days, so at the rate I play I'd prolly max around 400-500 days. Other get around 100-300 days; 100+ days to be able to finish a game is ridiculous.

Ye ik its Runescape, but still. I think wow only takes about a month or less to max out, but they have a lot more endgame content.

tl; dr: who cares if there are faster methods, the games gonna upgrade and get faster, if Jagex were to make a slower update the content would become dead, and it would be pointless investment of our memberships. 99s, can't really get devalued unless its something crazy like ivy, the maxed people are going to have to face the fact that more and more ppl will share their status symbols.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I'd say effigies annoy me not because they make a skill easier, but because they make it so you don't even have to train a skill. I have 99 woodcutting, and I wouldn't be that mad if Jagex released a new tree that gave 150k/hr xp and profit, but I'd be kind of pissed if they made an ent you could kill for wc xp.

Pretty much my thoughts on the issue. I don't like the idea of effgies, but when I had 40 in my bank at 99 Slayer, you can be sure I didn't drop them. As it stands, if you get 2 Random events per day, do troll invasion, and penguins, your banking around 300k rc exp a month with 99, with very little time put in. Assuming your getting an effigy once every 88k slayer experience, you'd net something like 2k effigies getting 200m slayer experience from 99 with 13m exp. That would get you pretty close to 100m Runecrafting experience on lamps alone. I guess once you maxed combat stats it would be faster just to runecrafting, but you could get a front page rank in rc without ever touching an altar.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Coolio! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

So what's your plans, considering you have almost all 200m buyables done. I think even though you hate the skill, you should Dungeoneer!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Wow, I actually did a fist pump while reading this, welcome back bud. I hope you've figured out your life.

Eb.png