200M in all Skills

Makilio

id like to know how many front page/top players actually use this method.

I don't use it. I can't stand doing group activities. I've been training agility at barb adv the past 2 months and enjoy it so much. But everyone is different though. I may not be able to do it 16 hours a day like some people but 8-10 hours of it a day is good for me. I plan to continue all the way to 200m with just shy of 20m xp a month on average. Hopefully the agility rework doesn't ruin it for me. Would like one last top page skill rank.

• Like 2

I don't use it. I can't stand doing group activities. I've been training agility at barb adv the past 2 months and enjoy it so much. But everyone is different though. I may not be able to do it 16 hours a day like some people but 8-10 hours of it a day is good for me. I plan to continue all the way to 200m with just shy of 20m xp a month on average. Hopefully the agility rework doesn't ruin it for me. Would like one last top page skill rank.

last top page skill is div, agil page full loooong time ago :p

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

last top page skill is div, agil page full loooong time ago :P

6 spots left, 25 spots for front page now :D

talking about real ranks pfft.>.>

G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

Jebrim counts as 1 not 3

Jebrim counts as 1 not 3

how come? 

host bart is back amg amg amg

• Like 2
G0d_Vs_D3vil.png

How does someone like suomi, jake, drumgun grind away for so many hours? What is their motivation? Anyone help me answer? Haha

Well I can't speak for them but my motivation is just the enjoyment of training skills and seeing my xp accumulate. Also the feeling of accomplishment I get with the ranks I have and how very little people in the world are doing what I'm doing, if that makes sense. I know Suomi did it for his own enjoyment until his last few 200ms when he started to not enjoy it but finished anyway because of the pressure. Jake does struggle to finish his remaining 200ms because he is bored but has nothing else to do, so he plays anyway. Drumgun plays mostly for records on runetracker and for highest adventure log time.

• Like 1

As I Psychologist on the near future I would have to be here all day in order to explain you fully how to get motivation.

But one thing I can tell you, if you never found motivation to do something before, you won't really be able to manipulate your self and do it.

For example: If you never found any motivation to achieve 200m XP in all skills before, even if you praticed the best psychological techniques of the world, you wouldn't *achieve* it (even though you could temporarily find motivation to achieve it). It might not make much sense but I'm sure you understand I can't give you a lecture.

Another thing I learnt from sucessful people I had oportunity to meet, from myself and from books is that you will do much better if you focous on enjoying your journey rather than focous on how good it will be when you achieve it.

For example: When I did 200m Thieving, I really loved it. Actually, getting 200m Thieving on the highscores was much less important to me than actually thiev for all those hours. I used to be extremely happy every time I made an action that gave me XP. 

Another thing that would be worth to mention is that, in my opinion, the reason why most people fail is because of the way they use their imagination. Again, I learnt this from sucessful people I had oportunity to meet, from myself and from books but I'll tell you how I experienced this so it turns out to be easier to understand.

When I was doing 200m Thieving, I imagined every time before going to bed, etc... everytime I had oportunity to relax and focous really... how good it would be when I achieved 200m Thieving. I imagined what I would see, what other people would tell me, what I would feel, made the colors brighter and the sounds louder.

I made this because your mind only allows a very small discrepancy between your imagination and reality. I've used this tons of time to change things on my real life... and that includes money subjects but I won't enjoy discussion this on this thread, as you can imagine.

If you ask a poor guy if he ever imagined being rich, 99.9% of the times he will say "ofcouse not! I'm not a dreamer!". This applys to everything, not just money obviously.

Another thing you can learn is to controll your emotions. It's extremely helpful because you can't control everything that happens to you but if you can't control how you feel about it, that's all you need. This is because you can't access reality, you just use your perception to understand it on your own way (then why not change it as you like?)

But I'll leave you with this because you might not be this much interested in persuading your goals and improving your life, as much people isn't really (sadly). Most people prefer to spend more time learning how their DVD works than understand how their own brain works (ironically, this even applys to the most psychology students). 

I'm happy to answer any futher question through PM on this forum.

Finished editing.

Edited by Gemeos2
  • Like 8

Not sure if troll or actually serious...

LOL

Look up Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration. You might find it interesting.

So much generalization it hurts to read xD.

edit: okay, you still know to have fun, it was a bit unnerving to read.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Not sure if troll or actually serious...

LOL

Look up Dabrowski's theory of positive disintegration. You might find it interesting.

So much generalization it hurts to read xD.

edit: okay, you still know to have fun, it was a bit unnerving to read.

I know TPD, even though I'm far from an huge fan. I just don't understand how that can be related to motivation on persuading your goals.

There's nothing wrong with my motivation i'm just trying to understand the sheer perseverance for acquiring said goals. Your whole post reeks of addiction. I much enjoy improving my life, I don't see how relentlessly doing the same over and over improves quality of life though, in a virtual world at that.

You don't? That whole theory and you can find no basis relating to motivation?

Enlighten me please, I enjoy lectures.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

There's nothing wrong with my motivation i'm just trying to understand the sheer perseverance for acquiring said goals. Your whole post reeks of addiction. I much enjoy improving my life, I don't see how relentlessly doing the same over and over improves quality of life though, in a virtual world at that.

I couldn't agree more that going for such goals like 200m XP in all skills won't improve my life. Although, I'm no one to say if others should do it or not. Many top players and others have mentioned that glad RuneScape existed at that time of their life because it was a way "to avoid real life". Even though I personally belive that you should face your problems instead of avoiding them.

As once Carl Rogers said "Once you start accepting yourself, you start to accept the others as they are".

You improve your life to be happy.  For some, being able to play rs or any game or whatever is what makes them happiest the most.  So if they enjoy the game and have goals and are happy, then they're life is good.

As I Psychologist on the near future I would have to be here all day in order to explain you fully how to get motivation.

But one thing I can tell you, if you never found motivation to do something before, you won't really be able to manipulate your self and do it.

For example: If you never found any motivation to achieve 200m XP in all skills before, even if you praticed the best psychological techniques of the world, you wouldn't *achieve* it (even though you could temporarily find motivation to achieve it). It might not make much sense but I'm sure you understand I can't give you a lecture.

Another thing I learnt from sucessful people I had oportunity to meet, from myself and from books is that you will do much better if you focous on enjoying your journey rather than focous on how good it will be when you achieve it.

For example: When I did 200m Thieving, I really loved it. Actually, getting 200m Thieving on the highscores was much less important to me than actually thiev for all those hours. I used to be extremely happy every time I made an action that gave me XP. 

Another thing that would be worth to mention is that, in my opinion, the reason why most people fail is because of the way they use their imagination. Again, I learnt this from sucessful people I had oportunity to meet, from myself and from books but I'll tell you how I experienced this so it turns out to be easier to understand.

When I was doing 200m Thieving, I imagined every time before going to bed, etc... everytime I had oportunity to relax and focous really... how good it would be when I achieved 200m Thieving. I imagined what I would see, what other people would tell me, what I would feel, made the colors brighter and the sounds louder.

I made this because your mind only allows a very small discrepancy between your imagination and reality. I've used this tons of time to change things on my real life... and that includes money subjects but I won't enjoy discussion this on this thread, as you can imagine.

If you ask a poor guy if he ever imagined being rich, 99.9% of the times he will say "ofcouse not! I'm not a dreamer!". This applys to everything, not just money obviously.

Another thing you can learn is to controll your emotions. It's extremely helpful because you can't control everything that happens to you but if you can't control how you feel about it, that's all you need. This is because you can't access reality, you just use your perception to understand it on your own way (then why not change it as you like?)

But I'll leave you with this because you might not be this much interested in persuading your goals and improving your life, as much people isn't really (sadly). Most people prefer to spend more time learning how their DVD works than understand how their own brain works (ironically, this even applys to the most psychology students). 

I'm happy to answer any futher question through PM on this forum.

Finished editing.

Best post I've read on these forums in a while.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

It's not an addiction as much as it's a personal project. Some people feel the desire to focus on building their muscles. Others are DIY'ers and do home improvement projects. There's people who enjoy the task of building a car from scratch, for the challenge. Improving your stats in RuneScape is far more comparable to these than a drug addiction. The only addiction you could possibly mention in relation to skilling is an addiction to music, but almost nobody thinks listening to music all day long every day is necessarily a bad thing, even though it has addictive qualities. 

• Like 2

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim