200M in all Skills

Makilio

Honestly, if it attracts players to RS3 im all for it, i can understand there will be some balancing issues but if old style combat is worse than abilities, than people will have the choice to use abilities.

Like auto attacks/ momentum is still worse than abilities, but people use momentum still.  If they want more damage they can get more damage, if they are fine with the lack of damage they can play how they want.

• Like 1

EDIT2: What will happen to OSRS for example? It is basically already a sort of Legacy Mode...

OSRS is much more than combat.

Yeah it's a place where people who mostly didn't get recognized on RS3 for their achievements go so they can be looked up to in eFyre for getting 99 rc running to the abyss. (not saying everyone is like that but let's be honest, most of the people in 07 think that they're better than eoc players, and hardly any of them are even top ranked in rs3), though it is interesting to have 2 games, I hope OSRS stays up aswell as it's something to do on the side

Or maybe it's just a more entertaining version of the game. >_>

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

EDIT2: What will happen to OSRS for example? It is basically already a sort of Legacy Mode...

Yeah it's a place where people who mostly didn't get recognized on RS3 for their achievements go so they can be looked up to in eFyre for getting 99 rc running to the abyss. (not saying everyone is like that but let's be honest, most of the people in 07 think that they're better than eoc players, and hardly any of them are even top ranked in rs3), though it is interesting to have 2 games, I hope OSRS stays up aswell as it's something to do on the side

Click and wait is certainly less entertaining than working out & using a good ability rotation.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Click and wait is certainly less entertaining than working out & using a good ability rotation.

EoC is simply more clicking and less waiting. No thanks I'll pass.

77yLQy8.png

Which is exactly why Jagex is horrible at designing/balancing content (look at Runespan, ivy, rocktails, most bank skills). However, the old style combat system is not one of those horrible parts of the game, at least, not where high-end combat is concerned. Combat was very engaging when fighting in the right places. Of course Kuradal hellhounds were awful, but resource dungeon hellhounds with cannon and titan were not. Mutated bloodvelds, black demons, dark beasts - all excellent with a cannon and titan, all awful without. Instead of extending the end-game powerslaying-style combat to lower levels - by making cheaper, more useful familiars for example - Jagex chose to make a fairly bad and fairly boring ability system.

I'm pretty tired of people calling the old system 'click and wait'. I assume that nearly everyone here has done some powerslaying at some point or another - that should make it obvious that waiting is the last thing you do in combat. Yes, certain interface issues were the cause of much APM, but even if you had hotkeys to flash prayers and spec (weapon & familiar), that would've been proper tactical combat.

Old style combat didn't need more than a NIS and some engaging opponents. EoC was completely uncalled for.

(that said, Legacy combat is incredibly stupid - I only voted in favour to watch RS burn)

• Like 8

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Which is exactly why Jagex is horrible at designing/balancing content (look at Runespan, ivy, rocktails, most bank skills). However, the old style combat system is not one of those horrible parts of the game, at least, not where high-end combat is concerned. Combat was very engaging when fighting in the right places. Of course Kuradal hellhounds were awful, but resource dungeon hellhounds with cannon and titan were not. Mutated bloodvelds, black demons, dark beasts - all excellent with a cannon and titan, all awful without. Instead of extending the end-game powerslaying-style combat to lower levels - by making cheaper, more useful familiars for example - Jagex chose to make a fairly bad and fairly boring ability system.

I'm pretty tired of people calling the old system 'click and wait'. I assume that nearly everyone here has done some powerslaying at some point or another - that should make it obvious that waiting is the last thing you do in combat. Yes, certain interface issues were the cause of much APM, but even if you had hotkeys to flash prayers and spec (weapon & familiar), that would've been proper tactical combat.

Old style combat didn't need more than a NIS and some engaging opponents. EoC was completely uncalled for.

(that said, Legacy combat is incredibly stupid - I only voted in favour to watch RS burn)

Also keep in mind that the majority of people in this thread probably have little-to-no experience with dangerous PvP, which was also very demanding on one's reflexes and intuition.

• Like 5

77yLQy8.png

Alkan could possibly pass Fors soon it looks like.  Any thoughts on that.  If chrons weren't nerfed than fors would be much farther ahead but unfortunately that had to happen.

Doubt it as of now. Forsberg888 has started doing herblore, wonder if we will see a straight 200m shot. If so we could see him pass Elvis for rank 8. We may also be coming up on a switching of spots for ranks 6 + 7 with Geel putting in some solid gains. 

It's nice to see so much place changing as of late in the top 15! 

Swarlly.png

I wish elvis and elias never slowed down.  Elias was up there with suomi and allar and some others as far as time to 200m all.  And xp wise, for elvis to still be this high ranked with little to no xp gains for almost a year, thats insane

Working on divination atm. I expected Seahawks to win :P

It seems to be a neverending tale of the Broncos losing with a massive margin in every superbowl they participate in rofl, poor people, I read in a news article the coach were going around like "this is our year. After this nobody will have the right to bring up our previous games" lool

gl with div, such a tiring skill :(

we merch now

also im pretty appalled at the legacy combat vote. just a waste of manhours that jagex could put to better use.

Mish, retract any of my previous statement months ago.

This is one of the most useful things you've ever posted.

+1 mish

Bought teak planks for 99 cons ages ago...might have to check out price and sell....or maybe use the bonus weekend.....Not decided

Train to 99 and if 200m is a goal then use it all up :)

I seriously don't understand why Jagex is polling things like Legacy mode. It's [bleep] 2 steps forward 1 step back all the time. EOC was the evolution of the game, it should not be reverted, or another system should not even exist along side it. I don't even know who's voting FOR it and it's winning by a landslide. 

And as to the post about the Giant mole, a lot of low levelled players actually do it, so for them, it was a good update. You tend to forget that not everyone on RS is maxed/going for 200m. 

Thanks for remembering the little guys <3

(look at stats below)

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

we merch now

also im pretty appalled at the legacy combat vote. just a waste of manhours that jagex could put to better use.

Mish, retract any of my previous statement months ago.

This is one of the most useful things you've ever posted.

+1 mish

Bought teak planks for 99 cons ages ago...might have to check out price and sell....or maybe use the bonus weekend.....Not decided

Train to 99 and if 200m is a goal then use it all up :)

I seriously don't understand why Jagex is polling things like Legacy mode. It's [bleep] 2 steps forward 1 step back all the time. EOC was the evolution of the game, it should not be reverted, or another system should not even exist along side it. I don't even know who's voting FOR it and it's winning by a landslide. 

And as to the post about the Giant mole, a lot of low levelled players actually do it, so for them, it was a good update. You tend to forget that not everyone on RS is maxed/going for 200m. 

Thanks for remembering the little guys <3

(look at stats below)

Problem is I am on vacation that weekend.....hence my deilema....Might bring laptop now and sacrifice a nights sleep and giver.....

peever142.png

I dont think think people understand how unproductive jagex is with updates and the release dates of them.
I will take my "charm collector" video for a small example, Had a J mods attention, was told to show jagex how badly the community wants it. Video had reached 8k likes and a few j mods knew, told me it will be a future update and it will cost dg tokens to buy.
comes out 6 months later? or 8? 

video date Nov 27th 2012,
charm imp came out April 2nd 2013.

I honestly dont accept the exuse "legacy will take away dev time" After seeing how long it takes them to do things anyways.

• Like 2

Ya tbh, even if does take away dev time away from other things i really dont care.  I mean there is nothing coming that im like "yess jagex!, please put as much effort into this as possible"  i mean im excited about the elf city and some quests and stuff will be fun.  Any skill update grabs my attention, but those are dev teams unrelated to skilling and quests for the most part.  Maybe pvming could possibly be delayed but im not sure.

• Like 2

Nothing needs to be pushed back bigger updates should take a longer amount of time. Balance would be key for them. I wouldnt expect legacy mode to come out anytime in the next 5 months even. Should not be rushed they can take there time. But each week something new on sof is out, but when it comes to real content something like a charm imp which is no more work than a new sof item, is released 6 months later. You wonder what their priorities are.

• Like 4

Nothing needs to be pushed back bigger updates should take a longer amount of time. Balance would be key for them. I wouldnt expect legacy mode to come out anytime in the next 5 months even. Should not be rushed they can take there time. But each week something new on sof is out, but when it comes to real content something like a charm imp which is no more work than a new sof item, is released 6 months later. You wonder what their priorities are.

It's not like a Charming Imp is an extremely important update, lol.

p.s hi alkan <3

stop pming me plz

Jagex aren't just a little group of 15 men creating the game, it seems like you guys think so, they are like 3 in 07 because 07 don't really need shit, plus most of the stuff they add in in later times remind me more of what you will find in a private server, but that is a whole other debate,

They have ap retty huge team and they work on updates with the little teams so it's not like making legacy will delay something, because while a certain group is assigned to creating it, the other groups will keep bringing out updates. That's how they get out weekly updatres isn't it, they have somebody working on that and somebody working on the new content to come.

I swear when RuneShark made vid of them going Jagex, they said that they got to see content in development for stuff that was still months away, and maybe the Charming Imp was not really a "massive" update so they just put it on the side for a bit(took some time planning and designing it and stuff.

Jagex aren't just a little group of 15 men creating the game, it seems like you guys think so, they are like 3 in 07 because 07 don't really need shit, plus most of the stuff they add in in later times remind me more of what you will find in a private server, but that is a whole other debate,

They have ap retty huge team and they work on updates with the little teams so it's not like making legacy will delay something, because while a certain group is assigned to creating it, the other groups will keep bringing out updates. That's how they get out weekly updatres isn't it, they have somebody working on that and somebody working on the new content to come.

I swear when RuneShark made vid of them going Jagex, they said that they got to see content in development for stuff that was still months away, and maybe the Charming Imp was not really a "massive" update so they just put it on the side for a bit(took some time planning and designing it and stuff.

Which weekly updates?

Up until 2014 we had a lack of updates that in terms of quests and reworks.

Jan 2013: 3 Actual updates

Feb: 1 update; 1 rework.

March: 1 quest and the lame warbands.

April: Small dung add-on; 3x mini-game revamp; Hard mode GWD.

May: Small minigame; Farming add-on; God Emissaries

June: New Dungeon; triskelion Keys

July: Vorago; Quest; BoL

August: Quest; Divination

September: Dung Tasks

October: Quest (Badly done); WC add-on; Quest (Good); Sirenic

November: D&D tracker; ROTS; 

December: Airuts; B&B; X-mas.

Now you should scrap from that list all the temporary things:

BoL+B&B+X-mas

There are a lot of -small- updates like small add-ons and gof emissaries (GE are basically just fetch + dialogue). And reworks are usually not bringing in actual NEW content so those should be scrapped too, unless they are reworks that is game changing.

List that remains:

Jan 2013: 3 Actual updates

Feb: 1 update;

March: 1 quest and the lame warbands.

April: Hard mode GWD.

May: 

June: Ascension Dungeon; triskelion Keys (Debateable)

July: Vorago; Quest;

August: Quest; Divination

September: Dung Tasks

October: Quest (Badly done); Quest (Good);

November: D&D tracker; ROTS; 

December: Airuts

Those are the actual updates. The smaller updates should've been grouped to be worth an update week. So if we set 2 weeks for that we got a total of 21 update weeks where we should have seen roughly 39. On average we got less then 2 update weeks/month.

EDIT: This is of course my view and opinion on it!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

As I said I wanted to test out exp rates @ butterfly barehanded hunting this is what I got in exactly 30min of time with arctic bear.
http://gyazo.com/9171d4a8eeda7265528fdba101c2f8c8

Before anyone says you can fletch while thieving and all that. Go ahead and do that for 200m. Only one person has done it effectively, and that method just isn't for me.

Can anyone see how many min you lose each hour of training these skills like this? I could easily do this to finish off fletching, after that not worth it at all im sure.

(and yes agility was with ba bonus)

So 2 hours of butterflies is 83k agility xp and 218k hunter xp

1 hour of normal training is 120k(?) Agility and 350k hunter.

Yeah, and how exactly is hunter 350k xp/h without using pots? If you suggest that your trap setup is any different from the normal one, please make a one hour video showing that 350k is possible.