200M in all Skills

Makilio

back then people cared less about xp and people knows, how to play game. How long it took to max 2k7? and how long took jebrim and others max out in osrs?

Training was faster without make-X. So XP/Hr was higher but it was more work.

But thanks for the Jebrim & Others example in OSRS. It shows that the game didn't get any easier. The players just figured out how to play efficiently.

Well... make x made much skills a bit slower, thats true. But with all the new training methods who came out it get much faster.

For example

Slayer: 07scape 30k-40k xp/h . EOCscape 100k+

Rc: 07scape pre zmi 30k. After zmi (08)53k xp.

Eoc scape: 100k+

Thr only skill who didn't change much was agi

Always about 70k since 5 years while every other skill slowy gets faster.

But still it is true that if we had the knowledge bout efficiency back in zezimas day. I bet his 1b xp wouldn't be that much impressive...

But it was, because we didn't know about efficiencY

It's inevitable really that so many people have so much experience these days. You can only accumulate xp, there is no way to lose it. I don't even think experience decay would be welcomed into the community (say you lose a certain amount of experience if you haven't logged in after 60 days or something). 10 years ago, having a 99 in any skill was impressive, these days that same respect is earned at getting 200M in a skill. Soon we will reach a stage where that same respect is only acquired after having a multitude of 200M's (Im betting someone in this thread will eventually say "lol he doesnt even have ten 200ms yet"). I want there to be another dynamic introduced into the highscores, but it's going to be really difficult to do that without harming the people who acquired permanent front page ranks early.

• Like 3

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

"Lol he doesn't even have ten 200ms"

Isn't this the usual answer when someone brings a new contender for 200m in all skills?

And i remember when suomi was first time mentioned in here everyone said "he doesn't even have 1b"

True, the point I was making however is that our standards are going to be constantly pushed up because the amount of experience we gain will forever increase.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

Isn't this the usual answer when someone brings a new contender for 200m in all skills?

And i remember when suomi was first time mentioned in here everyone said "he doesn't even have 1b"

True, the point I was making however is that our standards are going to be constantly pushed up because the amount of experience we gain will forever increase.

What if they increased all skills to level 120 or something? Now there would be more skill capes and the high scores might shift slightly...

I wouldn't mind if they increased skills to 120 if I got to keep my 99 cape, as I grinded fletching with maple longbows like a year or two ago (chose to make money over xp, bit me in the butt after I realized how many hours I lost), and firemaking was okay, very slow and afk.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

What if they increased all skills to level 120 or something? Now there would be more skill capes and the high scores might shift slightly...

I wouldn't mind if they increased skills to 120 if I got to keep my 99 cape, as I grinded fletching with maple longbows like a year or two ago (chose to make money over xp, bit me in the butt after I realized how many hours I lost), and firemaking was okay, very slow and afk.

In the context of what he is talking about, that would make 0 difference, since 120 is less than 200M xp.

120 all skills would be so cool but at the same time really intimidating for new players, i mean no1 even has that now, and only 1 person has ever had it in the history of the game and that person was/is kind of a god of skilling.  However we have some people pretty close such as Wisely Done, KD, Alkan, and probably some others

120 all skills would be so cool but at the same time really intimidating for new players, i mean no1 even has that now, and only 1 person has ever had it in the history of the game and that person was/is kind of a god of skilling.  However we have some people pretty close such as Wisely Done, KD, Alkan, and probably some others

I think the beauty of it is that it would take a long time for someone to be maxed, and you wouldn't see everyone running around wearing the best cape.

I'm still not sure if I'd support it as an update, though.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know if I would support it as an update either. I'd be pretty neutral about it. If it was released, I would not mind, and if it isn't, it doesn't change my goals.

I think 120 capes would be nice, but for a virtual level - no change from the current 99 system. Just because, 99 all at the moment really, already condones a lot of play time, and for new players that's all they need even though exp de-valued blah blah blah, it still takes a long time and that is enough for new players to swallow. 

I wonder if implementing just 120 capes for the virtual level (104.4m exp) would work. I guess a 200m cape would work as well, and there would be no need to change the current highscores. A 200m cape would be a cape of achievement, not of a level. It would represent true mastership of the skill. Opinions?

• Like 1

Swarlly.png

Honestly, I don't know if I would support it as an update either. I'd be pretty neutral about it. If it was released, I would not mind, and if it isn't, it doesn't change my goals.

I think 120 capes would be nice, but for a virtual level - no change from the current 99 system. Just because, 99 all at the moment really, already condones a lot of play time, and for new players that's all they need even though exp de-valued blah blah blah, it still takes a long time and that is enough for new players to swallow. 

I wonder if implementing just 120 capes for the virtual level (104.4m exp) would work. I guess a 200m cape would work as well, and there would be no need to change the current highscores. A 200m cape would be a cape of achievement, not of a level. It would represent true mastership of the skill. Opinions?

I'm in huge support of this. Just an npc which gives you a nice looking 120 cape if your account has 104.3m xp, no change to highscores needed, it's just a cosmetic acquired when you reach a certain amount of xp.

I don't think 120 all skills for max cape is a good idea. If a new player started this game and tried to achieve 99 all skills without having access to bils from a previous account or knowing the game off by heart and all it's efficient methods, I would say it would take them around 2 years of playing to acquire that cape. I'm assuming that they would only play 3-4 hours a day as the average person is either studying or working and has social/family obligations. 2 years to acquire an "end-game" cape is a very long time, and pushing that out further by what, a factor of 5 at least, is very very intimdating indeed.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

back then people cared less about xp and people knows, how to play game. How long it took to max 2k7? and how long took jebrim and others max out in osrs?

But thanks for the Jebrim & Others example in OSRS. It shows that the game didn't get any easier. The players just figured out how to play efficiently.

Jebrim didn't max combat 2 times so in terms of real 07 scape, he didn't max. That goes up to 3 times when you consider 08 scape, and 4 times when you consider 10' scape. Not to mention, the people that actually maxed in 07 got alot of their xp at much worse rates.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hey, it's been a while since I posted here and I know I wasn't planning to post here anymore but I thought I might as well tell about my plans so people don't have to keep guessing.

I have no plans to get any more 200M skills. I have thought about it for long but I wouldn't enjoy it much anymore. I even thought about training Divination just 1 hour a day, I could probably manage that before I get bored but it would still take over 5 years just to get 200M XP and there would be so many more skills after those 5 years haha. It wouldn't work out and I rather use that 1 hour a day doing something else I enjoy so much more. Even if I ever got the passion to train skills again, I very much doubt it but even then I would play Old School instead because I enjoyed it so much more.

I don't regret getting 5B XP though, getting 200M skills was something I really enjoyed back then. Maybe I even enjoyed it a bit too much haha. I still log on often to talk with friends though and sometimes to send ships, I really love player owned ports and it only takes few mins to send the ships.

I will probably never quit playing RS completely, I would still love to see how RS is doing after 10 years or even 50 years (I know it sounds nerdy). Oh and the reason I stopped at 20M Divination Xp is because it's the same as 200M Divination, just one less zero haha. I will probably try to keep it at 20M if I can and maybe get 20M XP in the new skill if I can without gaining XP in Divination. Haha I have this OCD with numbers and maybe that's why I ended up getting 5B XP too.

Also sorry once more about the stupid things I said about Jagex etc. but RS was just so big part of my life back then so I felt really strong about it. They say that love and hate go hand in hand haha, especially when I was so passionate about the game back then. I am glad Jagex been listening to players a lot lately, maybe even listening to players too much. Lol never thought I would say that.

Thanks A13D for the Xmas update, haha I know I am late but always pleasure reading those :P

Looking forward to Drumgun getting 5,2B XP/5,4B XP and Jake too but I think it will take him a lot longer since he is enjoying Old School too at the same time.

Also to clear something up, I am not posting this to draw attention to me again. I just felt bad about the things I said like 1 year ago and I thought I would just post about my plans so people know what's going on.

• Like 15

Indeed, also in Warcraft 3 you can play so many different custom maps. If you get bored of one map you can play different one. Tower defences, maps like DotA etc. possibilities are endless but that's offtopic ;)

Also the thing I love about Warcraft 3 is that it's not as time consuming or addicting haha :P

After like 1 month when I come back from Lapland we can play some wc3 again as long as you don't waste too much XP haha, you still gotta get 5B XP ;)

You mean 5.4B exp...

You should still get 5.4B now.. You could have already been back to 200m All skills :(

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well I said 5B XP because I have this principle that you shouldn't expect others to do things you can't do either :P

EDIT: Not trying to create another argument but to be honest what difference does it make if I get 200M Divination XP?  In my opinion it wouldn't change anything, would be just one more zero in my total xp :P Also it would prevent someone else from getting rank 1, I don't really see the point in that especially when I don't enjoy RS as much anymore. I would much rather see someone else who still enjoys rs a lot and still has lots of motivation to play to be rank 1, probably would enjoy rs even more after that.

Well I said 5B XP because I have this principle that you shouldn't expect others to do things you can't do either :P

EDIT: Not trying to create another argument but to be honest what difference does it make if I get 200M Divination XP?  In my opinion it wouldn't change anything, would be just one more zero in my total xp :P Also it would prevent someone else from getting rank 1, I don't really see the point in that especially when I don't enjoy RS as much anymore. I would much rather see someone else who still enjoys rs a lot and still has lots of motivation to play to be rank 1, probably would enjoy rs even more after that.

#Drumgun

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I think you've changed since the last time you posted, SUOMI. Much more mature and wise sounding! Whatever you have been doing IRL is paying off. 

I agree with you that there is no difference whether you got 20m divination, or 200m divination. They are just numbers and your goal was 5b exp from the beginning, not 5.2b. So with that said, I'm glad you enjoyed divination anyway and I do look forward to you still staying around in game. It doesn't need to be played on the basis of achieving 200m's, and I've think you've got that figured out now. 

Glad to have you back Suomi. 

• Like 1

Swarlly.png

Jebrim didn't max combat 2 times so in terms of real 07 scape, he didn't max. That goes up to 3 times when you consider 08 scape, and 4 times when you consider 10' scape. Not to mention, the people that actually maxed in 07 got alot of their xp at much worse rates.

I don't understand how maxing combat twice is a requirement for anything... There was far more than an 8 month gap between August 1, 2007 and when Slayer was released on January 25, 2005, so it's not like you can even automatically assume that you would already be max cb when you finally began Slayer. It's irrelevant if the first people that maxed in 2007 just happened to have high cb xp. It was far from a requirement at the time.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I'm in huge support of this. Just an npc which gives you a nice looking 120 cape if your account has 104.3m xp, no change to highscores needed, it's just a cosmetic acquired when you reach a certain amount of xp.

I don't think 120 all skills for max cape is a good idea. If a new player started this game and tried to achieve 99 all skills without having access to bils from a previous account or knowing the game off by heart and all it's efficient methods, I would say it would take them around 2 years of playing to acquire that cape. I'm assuming that they would only play 3-4 hours a day as the average person is either studying or working and has social/family obligations. 2 years to acquire an "end-game" cape is a very long time, and pushing that out further by what, a factor of 5 at least, is very very intimdating indeed.

2 years to get 120 all skills playing 3 hours a day without knowing the game or efficient methods....when nobody even has it yet excluding Suomi. What the hell are you talking about?

Sure if it was a max requirement more people would aim for it, but still it would a huge amount of time, much more than you suggested.

Though in the end we both agree, it is not a good idea.