200M in all Skills

Makilio

And you're doing a great job adding to it. Thought i'd point that out.

You're just jealous. Sure, you might think Suomi does not deserve what he's getting, but it's up to people what they decide to give to him. At least he's not trying to hack dumbbells for their millions.

Know what, neither do me or you deserve what Suomi's getting... and even if we did, life is not fair. Slay on.

I have more respect for hackers than for beggers.

Really with respect to skills such as herblore the major component of the time is spent in gathering resources (either supplies or cash). If this difficulty is lifted there's really nothing to such a skill.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

^ read this

Well 'having it banked' is more then half the trouble with buyables. Until recently with dicing, bots driving herb prices down, bonus exp weekends, and gp inflation in general players didn't have the funds needed to train expensive skills like herblore all the way to 200M. Iit's also important to note with your comparison to fishing that there are less players with 200M herb then fishing and the top end highscores is significantly more spread out in herblore, I imagine this will radically change in the coming months however.

I don't mean to convey that fishing is easier then herblore because obviously it isn't, but when considering buyables don't discredit time needed to fund the skill as well. Dicing and free trade have really thrown off this equilibrium in training buyables vs nonbuyables in overall speed taking into account money making as a factor.

the difficulty of buyables has already been "lifted." Currently, "time spent gathering resources" for buyables pretty much means dicing or rwt'ing for it. Nobody really respects buyables anymore, so who honestly cares if they get it through dicing, rwt, or donations. What people do have respect for now, are slower skills. Nowadays you see people max buyables that have put nowhere near as much effort into their account as Suomi has. People realize this and decide themselves to donate to him out of respect for his in game achievements and/or the desire to see someone complete this game and vicariously become a part of it. I'm not trying to get anyone to start donating or anything, but I really don't understand why every time someone posts a donation pic some people make a really big fuss over it.

A13d.png

I'm not sure if I should post this here but anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nz8ClZZnZw

There is nothing new except in the last room. It's the fastest route founded before. 3 ticks shorter than foot's route and others routes that I see people using.

EDIT: I lost a tick at 1:58 because of the wrong urn order. It's best to go in this order: 1st urn, 2nd urn, 4th urn, 3rd urn. I don't usually make this mistake tho.

^ read this

Well 'having it banked' is more then half the trouble with buyables. Until recently with dicing, bots driving herb prices down, bonus exp weekends, and gp inflation in general players didn't have the funds needed to train expensive skills like herblore all the way to 200M. Iit's also important to note with your comparison to fishing that there are less players with 200M herb then fishing and the top end highscores is significantly more spread out in herblore, I imagine this will radically change in the coming months however.

I don't mean to convey that fishing is easier then herblore because obviously it isn't, but when considering buyables don't discredit time needed to fund the skill as well. Dicing and free trade have really thrown off this equilibrium in training buyables vs nonbuyables in overall speed taking into account money making as a factor.

the difficulty of buyables has already been "lifted." Currently, "time spent gathering resources" for buyables pretty much means dicing or rwt'ing for it. Nobody really respects buyables anymore, so who honestly cares if they get it through dicing, rwt, or donations. What people do have respect for now, are slower skills. Nowadays you see people max buyables that have put nowhere near as much effort into their account as Suomi has. People realize this and decide themselves to donate to him out of respect for his in game achievements and/or the desire to see someone complete this game and vicariously become a part of it. I'm not trying to get anyone to start donating or anything, but I really don't understand why every time someone posts a donation pic some people make a really big fuss over it.

I'm not making a fuss over it, I'm just saying that I don't see the point in this goal if you don't do it yourself. Especially as those top people are EXPLICiITELLY doing this for the sole purpose of gaining "respect" - they may say they don't: but looking at the way they talk here, it seems they're more than average after this.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Most players have gotten donations at some point maybe not as much as suomi but the only reason that suomi gets critisized is the noobs that post it :P

and training buyables is boring even if you have the cash even tho the cash is a major thing once you have it you have it.

StarViv.png

Suomi "earns" his money by being so nice to people and replying to any pm that anyone sends him. It takes a effort to do that without wasting xp. Its not like if richard turned on his friends chat lots of people would start donating.

And you're doing a great job adding to it. Thought i'd point that out.

You're just jealous. Sure, you might think Suomi does not deserve what he's getting, but it's up to people what they decide to give to him. At least he's not trying to hack dumbbells for their millions.

Know what, neither do me or you deserve what Suomi's getting... and even if we did, life is not fair. Slay on.

I have more respect for hackers than for beggers.

Really with respect to skills such as herblore the major component of the time is spent in gathering resources (either supplies or cash). If this difficulty is lifted there's really nothing to such a skill.

So you would rather see somebody hack or phish accounts to get the GP they need for buyables than to have people give them the money out of kindness? I'm afraid I don't understand at all.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Especially as those top people are EXPLICiITELLY doing this for the sole purpose of gaining "respect" - they may say they don't: but looking at the way they talk here, it seems they're more than average after this.

This is where you are wrong.

if Suomi cared more about fame than his goal then he wouldn't have started asking for donations in the first place as it inevitably would bring in haters for obvious reasons.

Did Suomi purposely max his total as fast as he could so he could get e-famous? No, he purposely stayed under the radar for a very long time. Do you see him hosting huge parties so he can relish his e-fame when he achieves 200m in a stat? No, he teles away as soon as he possibly can. Do you see him trying to get everyone in his friends chat? No, he doesn't even have one. He even stated himself that he doesn't even check the hiscores - hell, when I posted that he passed Jd he didn't even notice it himself. One of the reasons why he's considering maxing on rsc is because there isn't even a hiscore list anymore. There is a huge difference between a personal goal/challenge and a sad attempt to live up to the standards of others or get "e-famous."

Its not like if richard turned on his friends chat lots of people would start donating.

Like people would even be able to type his name in lul

A13d.png

Its not like if richard turned on his friends chat lots of people would start donating.

People can't spell S U O M I's name :P Well thats what we concluded anyway when I asked how he could be 4th on hs and not get spammed. People who know them well enough to donate would know how to spell their name.

People can't spell S U O M I's name :P Well thats what we concluded anyway when I asked how he could be 4th on hs and not get spammed. People who know them well enough to donate would know how to spell their name.

S-U--O--M-I

hzyi3.gif

I think S U O M I loves sleep a little too much to play 17 hours a day and go cycling.

And you do sound jealous, you have no reason to hate on S U O M I for being smart enough to accept donations - You can do the same, but i doubt you two have the same goals.

Do you really think that is possible to get 30m slayer xp/month sleeping 12h/day?

Maxed Overall since November '09

I think S U O M I loves sleep a little too much to play 17 hours a day and go cycling.

And you do sound jealous, you have no reason to hate on S U O M I for being smart enough to accept donations - You can do the same, but i doubt you two have the same goals.

Do you really think that is possible to get 30m slayer xp/month sleeping 12h/day?

Who said he sleeps 12 hours a day? I was assuming he wouldn't play 17 hours a day, have ~1 hour to go cycling and then 6 hours of sleep. I think 8-10 hours of sleep sounds reasonable (11-13 h/day playtime).

hzyi3.gif

Who said he sleeps 12 hours a day? I was assuming he wouldn't play 17 hours a day, have ~1 hour to go cycling and then 6 hours of sleep. I think 8-10 hours of sleep sounds reasonable (11-13 h/day playtime).

Well, himself.

But he didn't say nothing about 12h/day, just ~12h.

He probably plays until he is really tired (30h+?) and then sleep 12h, averaging ~17h/day of gameplay.

Maxed Overall since November '09

I belive that suomi plays like 50hrs and then sleep like 12-15 hours + cycling. And then repeat

this

How can that even be healthy?

Hahaha I have never done that and not going to =P

I can't say any exact hours for how much I sleep or play a day because I am human and every day is different. Some days I am awake 12 hours and then I sleep 12 hours, some days 16 hours awake and then sleep 10 hours. I sleep whenever I am tired, I don't count the hours. I can't remember when I last time slept less than 8 hours and I guess I sleep too much but I love it. Never used alarm in the last 4 years so I always sleep as long as possible.

I have no idea why people think I play 17-20 hours a day. I have gained less than 25M Slayer Xp this month and I get over 70K Slayer Xp/h when using effigies on slayer. So that means I have played about 360 hours this month. I know that's a lot too but nowhere near 17 or 20 hours a day... it's actually about 12 hours a day. I don't know why people need to exaggerate everything. Anyways why it's so important to know how many hours I play a day?

Another donation argument too, yay! :P

Don't really have anything more to say, been through this argument at least 1k times. If you don't want to accept donations or don't like them, that's fine. It's your decision, you choose how you play. And if you don't want to respect me just because I get free pixels, that's fine too. I never expected anyone to respect me and I don't play this game to get respect anyways. You say that 200M all skills won't mean anything if I got it because of donations, I find that quite funny when most of my exp is from unbuyable skills. Oh and someone said that they respect hackers/scammers more than someone who accepts donations but never scams/hacks anyone. I find that kinda funny too, no wonder that rs community is what it is nowadays.

Someone said that those donation pictures always start agruments, there was tons of donation arguments even before I started posting on this thread and there was no donation pictures either. So I wouldn't blame anyone who is posting those donation screenshots. Haters gonna hate no matter what you do, even if I didn't accept donations I know people would find reasons to "hate" if they wanted to. That's just how people are sadly. I see people complaining about anything. But if you think about the bigger picture, how does it harm anyone if someone wants to give me free pixels in a game?

I really appreciate all the help and sorry about a bit negative post but this is like 18547845th donation/hours a day debate. Before someone said I played 20 hours a day and everyone believed him and now 17 hours, honestly where you get these numbers? Haha =P

Oh and huge thanks langer for the weekly updates as always! At least some posts are on topic =P

I was jk btw, I actually play 30 hours a day

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.