200M in all Skills

Makilio

To me, it's dull that all the highscore skill pages have 200Ms from top to bottom. There's never any change to the pages, no names moving up and down, as there's no chance for people to move up the ranks. Removing the XP cap of 200M from skills would make the highscores more interesting (xp in skills actually changing among the top ranks) and foster some interest in competing for top ranks rather than these always been fixed. Some people enjoy the permanent rank that comes currently with 200M xp in a skill, so perhaps have a separate highscores option that shows the order in which people reached 200M in the various skills. I have no skills near 20M xp yet alone 200M, and don't foresee this changing in the future unless there is an opportunity to progress to the top rather than forever be in someone else's shadow because they simply pursued their goal before you did yours.

Highscores are meant to be contestable rather than fixed, and so it makes sense to remove the xp cap of 200M.

RSBuddy closing down :D :D Jagex won...

Good job Jagex :thumbup:

Now if they adress the reasons people chose to bot in the first place maybe runescape will last another 10 years.

This is exactly the suggestion I don't like. People will target the grind and Jagex will do all they can to minimize it. This may include substantially increasing Xp rates. I WANT grind; that's what RS is about.

Ffs I feel the same way and everyone is always like lolgrinding, its like the basis of this entire game how do u even remove it without remaking the game.

"DESUPTY" WILL HAVE 5B EXP (200M ALL SKILLS) BY JANUARY 1ST 2012

To me, it's dull that all the highscore skill pages have 200Ms from top to bottom. There's never any change to the pages, no names moving up and down, as there's no chance for people to move up the ranks. Removing the XP cap of 200M from skills would make the highscores more interesting (xp in skills actually changing among the top ranks) and foster some interest in competing for top ranks rather than these always been fixed. Some people enjoy the permanent rank that comes currently with 200M xp in a skill, so perhaps have a separate highscores option that shows the order in which people reached 200M in the various skills. I have no skills near 20M xp yet alone 200M, and don't foresee this changing in the future unless there is an opportunity to progress to the top rather than forever be in someone else's shadow because they simply pursued their goal before you did yours.

Highscores are meant to be contestable rather than fixed, and so it makes sense to remove the xp cap of 200M.

I agree, but sadly Jagex doesn't. I popularized a method that does give people a choice to train past 200m if they wish. A couple others have done so already for Cooking and Dungeoneering.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Now if they adress the reasons people chose to bot in the first place maybe runescape will last another 10 years.

This is exactly the suggestion I don't like. People will target the grind and Jagex will do all they can to minimize it. This may include substantially increasing Xp rates. I WANT grind; that's what RS is about.

As I can appreciate that's what you want, you have to appreciate what other people want. I daresay the majority of the community would be very pleased if a few skills got an update that made them less click intensive and more fun.

Grinding is the core of RuneScape skilling. Remove it and it's no longer the same game. People who play RS extensively already are quite used to it. Removing grind only benefits new players, previous bots, and those who didn't play much to begin with. I can understand the desire to make skills more fun, but less click intensive is usually not the way to go. Besides, nothing beats the high you get from relaxing and listening to music while grinding away Agility.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

As I can appreciate that's what you want, you have to appreciate what other people want. I daresay the majority of the community would be very pleased if a few skills got an update that made them less click intensive and more fun.

Grinding is the core of RuneScape skilling. Remove it and it's no longer the same game. People who play RS extensively already are quite used to it. Removing grind only benefits new players, previous bots, and those who didn't play much to begin with. I can understand the desire to make skills more fun, but less click intensive is usually not the way to go. Besides, nothing beats the high you get from relaxing and listening to music while grinding away Agility.

What I was suggesting was just an update so there were new less grindy and click intensive training methods for skills that do not yet have them. What I wasn't saying is that it should replace the current ones or yield a better xp rate. Having a semi afk method that is the best method would defile the integrity of the system imo.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I'm scum then. I most certainly would not want to be a slave to society. My desires/needs > the desires/needs of others.

idiot are you new or something

A13d.png

What I was suggesting was just an update so there were new less grindy and click intensive training methods for skills that do not yet have them. What I wasn't saying is that it should replace the current ones or yield a better xp rate. Having a semi afk method that is the best method would defile the integrity of the system imo.

Afkscape and lawl @ a13d

"DESUPTY" WILL HAVE 5B EXP (200M ALL SKILLS) BY JANUARY 1ST 2012

I'm hopeful that when "targeting grind" Jagex won't just fall back on the easy option of making things faster. Jagex have said in the past that they love the fact that different skills are different speeds, that there are fast skills and slow skills, hard skills and easy skills (they said this when defending the Ivy/Sawmill training update, where they made woodcutting very easy, but they WANT woodcutting to be very easy, and I don't think they want RC or agility to be that easy.) I would hope that this philosophy remains when "targeting grind" and instead of speeding things up they make more updates like herblore habitat hunting, or Jadinko firemaking, where they provide an alternative training method, not massively different in exp rate (I know HH hunting is best in game but hunter was always a fast non-buyable, along with Thieving, always was meant to be so) but the new methods just provide a different feel to the motions of training the skill, or don't involve so much money or boring endless purchases and sales on the GE, or otherwise shaking up the way we train, and giving us more options to play how we prefer, whether it be for lesser exp or for equal exp. "Targeting grind" in that way is something I wouldn't mind at all.

I'm hopeful that when "targeting grind" Jagex won't just fall back on the easy option of making things faster. Jagex have said in the past that they love the fact that different skills are different speeds, that there are fast skills and slow skills, hard skills and easy skills (they said this when defending the Ivy/Sawmill training update, where they made woodcutting very easy, but they WANT woodcutting to be very easy, and I don't think they want RC or agility to be that easy.) I would hope that this philosophy remains when "targeting grind" and instead of speeding things up they make more updates like herblore habitat hunting, or Jadinko firemaking, where they provide an alternative training method, not massively different in exp rate (I know HH hunting is best in game but hunter was always a fast non-buyable, along with Thieving, always was meant to be so) but the new methods just provide a different feel to the motions of training the skill, or don't involve so much money or boring endless purchases and sales on the GE, or otherwise shaking up the way we train, and giving us more options to play how we prefer, whether it be for lesser exp or for equal exp. "Targeting grind" in that way is something I wouldn't mind at all.

It isn't the xp rate that matters. What matters is that the click intensive method of full concentration always always always needs to be faster than the afk/minimal concentration method. Jagex tried to solve this problem with Make-X slowly being introduced to many skills. The problem with that is that Make-X is not optional, so this strategy is not viable because there is no click intensive method. Runescape is a grind. That is always what it has been about. What it needs is an option for the people who want to level up quickly and get to "end game" content, which would not be making the xp-rates faster. This does not address the feeling of a grind. All is does is speed up the grind and piss off the players who play for the grind. What the game needs is a way to break up the pre-99 levels through many different training techniques. Ie. a new method being the optimal one every 2-3 levels. This breaks up the monotony of a method being the best for 70-99 and such. However, through out, there always need to be an option to make the player grind (click intensive). This option has to be a faster xp rate to appeal to the players that play for records and ranks. ie. more effort = more reward.

Suomi, do you need people do buy dstones for you? I'd be more than happy to.

Yeah sure, get as many as you can and I buy them same price. Thanks :)

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Grats Suomi on 100 hunter

It's been your only stat non-100+ for a while so

He means virtual level 100 hunter, for anyone else who didn't understand when they first read it ;)

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I would hope that this philosophy remains when "targeting grind" and instead of speeding things up they make more updates like herblore habitat hunting, or Jadinko firemaking, where they provide an alternative training method, not massively different in exp rate (I know HH hunting is best in game but hunter was always a fast non-buyable, along with Thieving, always was meant to be so)

Wasn't the best method for hunter before HH less than half the xp rate of draconic jadinkos?

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

Wow my Refer A Friend bonus is broken again... this is just ridiculous. Jagex must really hate me.

Activated it but not getting any bonus XP and says 6 days left... precious XP going to waste.

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Wow my Refer A Friend bonus is broken again... this is just ridiculous. Jagex must really hate me.

Activated it but not getting any bonus XP and says 6 days left... precious XP going to waste.

RAF doesn't work for effigies, right? And the only xp you're getting other than that is ranged from cannon/steel titan and melee from poking the crawlers, right? You were gonna finish those anyway during 200m rc, RAF would just result in getting the max xp cap faster for those skills, not overall. (all predicated on it not working on effigies, lol)

EDIT: Oh, I guess you can be a bit angry about farming loss, but you would get that before you're out of 200ms anyway.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Who said I am using it for effigies?

I am training Crafting.

Suomi, you're not just using the counter to determine that? Because when I activated mine the counter didn't show the bonus xp, but the bonus was added to to my xp when I hovered over the skill.

Asmodean <3

I checked everything, honestly I wouldn't post about it if I didn't know for sure it was broken. This is not the first time it's broken for me anyways.

Logged in and out like 1k times too and tried every world... so yeah.

I checked everything, honestly I wouldn't post about it if I didn't know for sure it was broken. This is not the first time it's broken for me anyways.

Logged in and out like 1k times too and tried every world... so yeah.

I don't believe you.

No pic, no proof.

Okay I maybe exaggerated a bit but my point was that I am sure it's broken.