200M in all Skills

Makilio

Honest question guys, is it slightly disturbing how much this thread has reduced the weight of the phrase "going for 200M all skills?" I mean back in the day that meant something man, like "Whoa dude, slow down there for a second." Now we're having Spongebob going for 200M all skills and getting it in one episode with still extra time to go jellyfish catching. Now of coruse, people claiming to go for all 200M's and writing threads about it everywhere and then revoking it all are to blame as well. That being said, I still would have rather been a part of this thread than not. Any thoughts?

A13d.png

The people who say they'll get 200m in all skills and make it a goal are a joke. All they want is attention when most of them aren't even maxed or they're like 4b+ xp off. They're probably at the peak of their RS career and think they can achieve anything, they're so short sighted and don't know how they'll feel in a year or so about the game, the loss of motivation etc... A great RS player, Elias, once said he'd never admit that is his goal even when he was just thinking about it because he knows it's never realistic and if you realize you won't be able to achieve it the feeling of failure overwhelms you and you end up quitting or being made fun off. Yeah, I'm sure this thread kind of made it more popular and made it seem easier than it actually is but they all say it to get E-fame and aren't thinking in a realistic way. As an example I never admitted I'll be maxed, in fact I kept saying I probably won't, but when all I had was a few buyables left I finally admitted I could achieve it, and I did without making any threads or promises to anyone. Watch this space, Gemeos and the rest of you who claim you'll get 200m in all skills.

Makaveli_93.png

Now we're having Spongebob going for 200M all skills and getting it in one episode with still extra time to go jellyfish catching.

What.

I guess the interesting thing about this is that suddenly, 200M all skills is looking a lot, lot more possible now than when this question was first asked, thanks to advances in metagaming and a general increase in XP rates in the game itself.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah, also as the top players have gotten higher and higher, it's seemed more likely that someone will eventually max. It's insane to look at the front page of the hiscores. Almost 1.7B xp is required to get there; compare that to a few years ago. And I mean, now it basically seems like a foregone conclusion that someone will max, since there are multiple people over 3B xp. And of course the xp rates, and easier moneymaking as well, have made a big difference in recent years.

Near the top, Runescape has become a significantly more competitive game. Having a billion experience isn't enough for a top 100 rank anymore (which is crazy imo). Zezima was at Uni whilst he was number 1 - I'd say maintaining a top 5, and probably soon top 10, position, is now almost impossible without making RS the priority. Not that this is in any way a bad thing, just saying that is how it is. And seeing as how breaking into the top ten is now almost impossible unless someone quits, the top 100, then two hundred etc. will also become highly competitive in the future. The only people who are really in a position to say that their goal was 200m xp all who explicitly said so were Suomi and Paperbag that I know of. Both of them have showed that they are capable of achieving 200m xp in all skills if they are in a real life position that can support such a goal and if they can find the motivation to keep going. I don't know of any other 2b+xp players who have set this as a goal, and to be honest, even 2B xp isn't even close. When people with orders of magnitude less experience than 5B start claiming that as their goal, I would pretty much ignore them.

Of course, I am a total hypocrit for posting this, as it is my goal to max, and I am further off that than some of the people aiming for 200m all are off their goal. :(

Asmodean <3

If I ever get 200m in all skills I will probably be dead :blink:

Guys we have new contender, start tracking him thx.

This whole lag thing from whatever update is really annoying tbh, glad I can even get on though after reading the forums.

+1

She definitely has the right attitude to make it all the way.

@Rook, this made me laugh when I read it :D To be honest you're probably not far wrong. I seem to level much easier when I'm just enjoying what I'm doing, I have 25m xp in thieving totally by accident because I do it by choice. It's my way of unwinding after work. So look out 200m xp, i'll get there in the year 2099 (maybe) :P

35cq0q9.png

Ill probably repeat some stuff people already said but basically, exp rates have gone up significantly over the years and dicing and staking have allowed random people to gain insane sums of cash. Combine the 2 and you get people banking 200m buyables or at least 99 buyables in 1 day. If people had to actually earn the money for 200m all skills I know most of them wouldn't set the goal... Who wants to merchant for 30b gp... And considering 200m prayer takes like 2 weeks total, why wouldn't you get it if you had the funds and didnt rwt them lol. Exp devaluing or w/e big time basically, buyables were never significant but people getting them now its like grats on winning a few stakes imo, I still respect most everyone who has 200m skills, but the exp has been seriously devalued.

"DESUPTY" WILL HAVE 5B EXP (200M ALL SKILLS) BY JANUARY 1ST 2012

Who wants to merchant for 30b gp...

Elias, Elvis, Jdelacroix, Zarfot, Paperbag

How many more did I miss?

There's some lazy people who have more than enough cash for getting 200m buyables but they'd rather buy paper hats and make bank vids. #swag *cough* Liked *cough* Many other dicers/stakers do this too, I'm sure not ALL of them RWT it, I know Liked doesn't for sure... yet.

Makaveli_93.png

Ill probably repeat some stuff people already said but basically, exp rates have gone up significantly over the years and dicing and staking have allowed random people to gain insane sums of cash. Combine the 2 and you get people banking 200m buyables or at least 99 buyables in 1 day. If people had to actually earn the money for 200m all skills I know most of them wouldn't set the goal... Who wants to merchant for 30b gp... And considering 200m prayer takes like 2 weeks total, why wouldn't you get it if you had the funds and didnt rwt them lol. Exp devaluing or w/e big time basically, buyables were never significant but people getting them now its like grats on winning a few stakes imo, I still respect most everyone who has 200m skills, but the exp has been seriously devalued.

Because there's a lot of other stuff you can do in 200 hours, rs related or not.

blizaga57.png

Because there's a lot of other stuff you can do in 200 hours, rs related or not.

I'd atleast get some delicious inflated xp with the fast skills. Ranged, Prayer and Herb come to mind.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I'd atleast get some delicious inflated xp with the fast skills. Ranged, Prayer and Herb come to mind.

I've made the decision that playing for ranks is just something I never want to do. If I max, I'm playing a second account or a different game, so a 200m is fairly worthless to me.

blizaga57.png

I've made the decision that playing for ranks is just something I never want to do. If I max, I'm playing a second account or a different game, so a 200m is fairly worthless to me.

Well you can always do the castle wars req for trim completionist cape, will take you a few years :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Well you can always do the castle wars req for trim completionist cape, will take you a few years :P

Or like 80 ish ingame days of afking.

Makaveli_93.png

aw yeah buddy got my tif thing back

who else mad about removal of the triple slayer day respawn rates???? ffs slayer is in a bad state right now. gf cannon tasks (and crawler spawn rate, but iirc that doesn't matter much)

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

aw yeah buddy got my tif thing back

who else mad about removal of the triple slayer day respawn rates???? ffs slayer is in a bad state right now. gf cannon tasks (and crawler spawn rate, but iirc that doesn't matter much)

I'm more than mad. Idk if Jagex are that dumb about some (most) things or only 2 Jmods have 99 slayer. Really pathetic, you have like 1 full world and the rest have ~1k people in them. Brb fighting for spots or hopping to a world where it takes a monsters 10 seconds to respawn. There's absolutely no reason to remove the quick spawn rates for slayer monsters, no one kills those for drops anyways.

Makaveli_93.png

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Would bringing combat spell runes to cave crawlers speed up the kill rate at all? Like to grab the ones that the titan doesn't get to in order to get them in the range of the cannon? Obviously the spell wouldn't be for dealing damage so you would just use the cheapest spell (wind rush) unless certain spells have further range than others, in which case a different optimal spell would be used. So does the titan do enough work or do you think this would make a significant increase in kills/hr?

Would bringing combat spell runes to cave crawlers speed up the kill rate at all? Like to grab the ones that the titan doesn't get to in order to get them in the range of the cannon? Obviously the spell wouldn't be for dealing damage so you would just use the cheapest spell (wind rush) unless certain spells have further range than others, in which case a different optimal spell would be used. So does the titan do enough work or do you think this would make a significant increase in kills/hr?

You'd be better off bringing knives/chins since you can hit faster with them.

blizaga57.png

I will be probably getting 200M Slayer with Jebrim. (without wasting XP of course)

Anyways I got over 1M to 200M Slayer still, why I would get it today? Need to get like 24 effigies today which isn't likely at all, not with my luck at least =P

You're wasting xp?????? Oh the horrorrrr

He'll be training Crafting at the Soul Wars bank while the party is going on. When it's time for 200m, he'll use a dragonkin lamp I suppose. He'll then continue crafting.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Can't do all with Dragonstones, Jagex nerfed the limit to 100. Going to do Dragonstones, Diamonds and Black leather.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.