200M in all Skills

Makilio

I wonder how crappy they're going to make F2P until they decide to remove it, if it's possible to get any worse.

How about a limit on how much you can play per day?

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Let's be honest, aside from the high ranking F2P players who are getting absolutely rinsed by this update, if you are serious about quitting then you aren't going to care about runescape ranks. I'd be willing to bet good money that the people that haven't played in a year or more don't even give the game a thought, even if you do decide that you want to play again, you'll have your ranks back.

People seem to be getting so worked up about this when really it's not the end of the world, it's just a shock to the system because it's such a sudden transition.

As for the people complaining about Jagex getting greedy, at the end of the day, they are a business. If they aren't producing incentives to create returning customers, then they really aren't doing a particularly good job as, in my opinion, second to keeping existing customers happy, reeling in returning customers is the most important thing that they can be doing if they want to continue profiting.

I'm not one of the jagex fanboy [bleep] and I'll be the first one to start a shitstorm if I think they've done something wrong, but I don't think that this is anything to get your knickers in a twist over (unless you are Water, El Popo or one of the other F2P krew).

/my 2 cents

Athymy.png

even if you do decide that you want to play again, you'll have your ranks back.
Not if you are f2p. Highscores are members only. Shocking as it may be, some people on f2p care about their rankings. Crazy, huh?

Had you read my entire post, you'd have noticed that I mentioned the high ranking F2P players. It is unfair to them, there is no denying that, there is surely a way of getting around that at some stage.

For the majority, I don't believe that this is something worth complaining about.

Athymy.png

Had you read my entire post, you'd have noticed that I mentioned the high ranking F2P players.

Why are they any different from the others? How many hours do you need to invest in the game in order to be worthy of being an exception?

If you're going to enumerate exceptions, you need to define what makes them special. How do you qualify "high ranking"?

It is unfair to them, there is no denying that, there is surely a way of getting around that at some stage.

It is unfair to every f2p. What makes you think that there is a way to get around it, for sure? Maybe you possess data I do not, please enlighten me.

crossed_body.png

It is a touchy subject.

As far as the majority of F2P players go, they don't play in the same way as the people who put in heavy hours, play for serious ranks and make being f2p their unique way of playing. They would never consider paying for membership because it would ruin their playstyle.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the vast majority of f2p do not adopt that style of playing, they just choose not to subscribe, perhaps because they feel that they don't play enough to warrant subscription, or have not had an incentive to subscribe or whatever else.

It is difficult in the way that, do Jagex give the well known and high ranking f2p players preferential treatment, or do they treat them as they have decided to with the rest of the f2p community?

We can also mention that Jagex no longer claim the free game to be a massive game on its own as they used to, it is in-fact a limited trial, so to speak, in order to entice new players into paying for membership.

It is unfair to every f2p. What makes you think that there is a way to get around it, for sure? Maybe you possess data I do not, please enlighten me.

Perhaps you misunderstood me, I suggested that Jagex find a way around it for example, by taking an application, or vouches into consideration and then checking into that account in order to give it access, a rule being that you have never had membership before.

Or even a full free to play hiscores which does not include people who have paid for membership in the past and gained levels only available to paying customers.

These aren't the best ideas, so don't take them as suggestions that I have thought out, they aren't. They are examples of what I was talking about.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination saying that I support this update, I would rather continue to see the progress and ranks of the top f2p players. I am only saying that I can see where they are coming from and it doesn't particularly bother me.

Athymy.png

For the majority, I don't believe that this is something worth complaining about.

Speaking as a member of said majority, my problem with it is that any and all achievements I've made, or will ever make, in-game will be wiped from the official rankings like Kaida23 had never existed. Nobody should be made to feel that expendable.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Speaking as a member of said majority, my problem with it is that any and all achievements I've made, or will ever make, in-game will be wiped from the official rankings like Kaida23 had never existed. Nobody should be made to feel that expendable.

As I said, although this is my own personal opinion, if I was to stop caring about the game enough to quit and cancel my membership, it really wouldn't bother me if I was removed from the hiscores as I only care about them when I am actually playing the game.

I can understand where you are coming from, though.

Athymy.png

As for the people complaining about Jagex getting greedy, at the end of the day, they are a business. If they aren't producing incentives to create returning customers, then they really aren't doing a particularly good job as, in my opinion, second to keeping existing customers happy, reeling in returning customers is the most important thing that they can be doing if they want to continue profiting.

Jagex would be better off advertising for a change instead of modifying/worsen the game itself. It's not that new players quit after a month membership for whatever reason, what Jagex seems to be thinking.

Dat marketing.

@Athymy - I'm glad you have the maturity to just let the game go altogether after you quit. Personally, I would rather have something to show for all the time wasted on the game, and I'm sure many others would as well.

A13d.png

@Athymy - I'm glad you have the maturity to just let the game go altogether after you quit. Personally, I would rather have something to show for all the time wasted on the game, and I'm sure many others would as well.

what about the friends u made in game?

I don't check the high scores as much when i'm not nolifing the game but it is a record for the other players of the game. If many people are removed from the high scores peoples real rank would be questionable...so mainly the historical account is why im against it people like n0valyfe, Zarfot, Top ranks in many skills, old friends highscore pages just going poof. but like Athymy said its just a shock to the system

all my rs screenies got deleted I used to think "damn if i ever lost my screenshots id lose my memories of scape" but now its like "those screenies dont make my memories of scape"

but anyway if i thought all i achieved in rs was levels and exp id have quit ages ago.

StarViv.png

As I said, although this is my own personal opinion, if I was to stop caring about the game enough to quit and cancel my membership, it really wouldn't bother me if I was removed from the hiscores as I only care about them when I am actually playing the game.

I think Athymy makes a good point here. He really speaks to what is healthy motivation for playing, regardless of Jagex's most recent highscore update. If you are playing for ranks than it had better be because you want those ranks for you and you only. Playing so that others will somehow appreciate you more because of your ranks is the wrong reasons to be playing. Don't play for someone else's enjoyment; only play for your own. If you played for someone else's enjoyment you will see everything you did as a "waste of time." If you played for your self you will just see it as an enjoying time.

That said I think that this update is total bullshit.

Also Athymy do you have any plans to make a bid for the top 15? I see you are powering through magic now and you have a lot of fast xp still open. It would be nice to have another fellow poster in the top 15.

I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that I would still keep in touch with my many good friends on this game. I never said the people I've met were a waste, so my bad if that's how I came across. I've been a huge hiscore junkie ever since I started this game (which was also the main reason that brought me to this thread 14 months ago) and the main reason I play is for the sense of personal accomplisment rather than to play to impress others. I almost always check up on the ranks on my hiscore page every time I log out, so seeing all my ranks gone would undermine the reason I play, which is for the sense of accomplisment in getting those ranks. I'm pretty sure that nobody in the world cares that I'm rank 261 Cooking or could be rank 30 something Hunter. Hell, nobody even checks the second page in those skills anymore. That's fine with me, I couldn't care less. I don't play so other people can scroll through 10 pages of Cooking just to see my name. However, I care about my ranks because they are meaningful to me as I got them myself, and that's all that should matter. I totally agree, play for what floats your boat and what you find fun, not to try to prove yourself to others.

A13d.png

I think Athymy makes a good point here. He really speaks to what is healthy motivation for playing, regardless of Jagex's most recent highscore update. If you are playing for ranks than it had better be because you want those ranks for you and you only. Playing so that others will somehow appreciate you more because of your ranks is the wrong reasons to be playing. Don't play for someone else's enjoyment; only play for your own. If you played for someone else's enjoyment you will see everything you did as a "waste of time." If you played for your self you will just see it as an enjoying time.

That said I think that this update is total bullshit.

Also Athymy do you have any plans to make a bid for the top 15? I see you are powering through magic now and you have a lot of fast xp still open. It would be nice to have another fellow poster in the top 15.

yea nothing wrong with ranks for personal achievement.
StarViv.png

Let's be honest, aside from the high ranking F2P players who are getting absolutely rinsed by this update, if you are serious about quitting then you aren't going to care about runescape ranks. I'd be willing to bet good money that the people that haven't played in a year or more don't even give the game a thought, even if you do decide that you want to play again, you'll have your ranks back.

People seem to be getting so worked up about this when really it's not the end of the world, it's just a shock to the system because it's such a sudden transition.

I'm not one of the jagex fanboy [bleep] and I'll be the first one to start a shitstorm if I think they've done something wrong, but I don't think that this is anything to get your knickers in a twist over (unless you are Water, El Popo or one of the other F2P krew).

/my 2 cents

I agree for the most part. People should also understand that the more money Jagex makes, the more money that is available to be reinvested back into the game to create more quality updates. I can think of a lot less popular ways to obtain more money. This update kills 2 birds with 1 stone by both providing a relatively short-term solution to the full top page hiscores and providing extra income.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Will runestalker and other tracking sites still work?

Ones that are based on the hiscores and it's changes won't work.

EVERYONE WATCH @DRAGONSEANCE CRAZINESS IS BOUT TO GO DOWN...and thanks to hiscore update @Dragonseance will go up multiple slayer and overall ranks GF

Not even a tweet since 22 Oct ??????????

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

EVERYONE WATCH @DRAGONSEANCE CRAZINESS IS BOUT TO GO DOWN...and thanks to hiscore update @Dragonseance will go up multiple slayer and overall ranks GF

2 slayer - one from toony, one from wyv.

1 overall - from elias

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

1 overall - from elias

:cry:

:lol:

:ohnoes:

<3

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.