200M in all Skills

Makilio

Yeah.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Never too late.

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Tbh Water bought members.

Are you saying that Water will be buy membership just to keep himself on the highscores or that Water has been a member before? If it is the latter then you should post your proof before making such accusations.

I heard he bought membership or was going to be buying it soon. Never made an accusation saying he bought membership to train his skills currently. Try to read the last 5 pages or check the RSOF rage of multiple players before you start being an idiot.

So I ask for clarification on your post and you call me an "idiot". Yeah next time try to be a little less ambiguous in your post to avoid confusion. The way you posted can easily be interpreted as an accusation. And I do not go to the RSOF very often due to stupidity and immaturity of the place but looks like that is coming here as well. :rolleyes:

Anybody wonder if Jmods follow this thread?

OK, so rather than add another rant about the f2p highscore nuke (there have been enough already - most very well put), I have a suggestion instead.

It sounds like Jagex's objective is to remove bots and inactive players (targeting primarily the mid level ones that quit I assume) so that new members can better compete with real competition. With those objectives in mind, why not simply separate the highscores, one for p2p and one for f2p. Members would no longer need to compete with inactives and bots, f2p wouldn't need to compete with members (Water please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that would be a bonus for you), and everybody gets to keep their ranks. Finally, Jagex creates a new incentive for f2p to join members. Win-win-win for all?

I'm curious to know what you think and if you have any other alternatives.

Edit: I just copy and pasted the above to RSOF - go support if you can. QF 16-17-786-63381806

OK, so rather than add another rant about the f2p highscore nuke (there have been enough already - most very well put), I have a suggestion instead.

It sounds like Jagex's objective is to remove bots and inactive players (targeting primarily the mid level ones that quit I assume) so that new members can better compete with real competition. With those objectives in mind, why not simply separate the highscores, one for p2p and one for f2p. Members would no longer need to compete with inactives and bots, f2p wouldn't need to compete with members (Water please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that would be a bonus for you), and everybody gets to keep their ranks. Finally, Jagex creates a new incentive for f2p to join members. Win-win-win for all?

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that former members would go to the f2p hiscores? That's how I read it, just correct me if I am wrong. If f2p and p2p hiscores were indeed separated based on current membership, all of the highest ranks in the f2p hiscores would be inactive players like Paperbag, Zarfot, etc. Players like Water would still have higher overall ranks compared to now, but it wouldn't exactly be ideal to have a front page of all inactive players.

Thing is its too easy to think up better superior alternatives.

#1 is to not do the update to begin with and ban botted accounts.

#2 is to just not do the update tbh

#3 is to have a 'have played since x time or x amount of time + minimum x amount of xp' to which end people simply remain on HS forever.

If they wish to upgrade the HS that is fine though. Lots of suggestions for that. However for what they trying to achieve apparently... Its just a illogical solution to change hs in the way they stated.

It doesnt make sense to remove any active accounts from hs to remove botted accounts.. Its nonsense that doesnt fit their stated goal without effecting every single other player. (Including members when they quit.) A similar 'solution' would be to remove the HS altogether.

Its obvious their agenda is something very different than stated and makes it pointless to suggest things because its mianly illogical to begin with and would only be patching up a bad idea that should never of surfaced.

Also - Their suggested alternative solution of having members return to regain ranks is so 'messy' its unbelievable but its jagex we talking about I suppose. =s Any new 200m-ers will not know their true rank anymore. Only the current ones. Of which most will become inaccurate due to names disappearing. Its bizarre and messy for a HS like RS's to implement such a system. Im not sure any of us would come up with such a bizarre solution when there are so many better ones that involve common sense. =s

Thing is its too easy to think up better superior alternatives.

#1 is to not do the update to begin with and ban botted accounts.

#2 is to just not do the update tbh

#3 is to have a 'have played since x time or x amount of time + minimum x amount of xp' to which end people simply remain on HS forever.

If they wish to upgrade the HS that is fine though. Lots of suggestions for that. However for what they trying to achieve apparently... Its just a illogical solution to change hs in the way they stated.

It doesnt make sense to remove any active accounts from hs to remove botted accounts.. Its nonsense that doesnt fit their stated goal without effecting every single other player. (Including members when they quit.) A similar 'solution' would be to remove the HS altogether.

Its obvious their agenda is something very different than stated and makes it pointless to suggest things because its mianly illogical to begin with and would only be patching up a bad idea that should never of surfaced.

Look, that is not the only reason they're doing this. There are several people who are "pro" at recovering inactive accounts to gain rares to then sell for IRL money. This will definately make it harder for those pesky hackers to recover good, inactive accounts.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that former members would go to the f2p hiscores? That's how I read it, just correct me if I am wrong. If f2p and p2p hiscores were indeed separated based on current membership, all of the highest ranks in the f2p hiscores would be inactive players like Paperbag, Zarfot, etc. Players like Water would still have higher overall ranks compared to now, but it wouldn't exactly be ideal to have a front page of all inactive players.

You have it correct Luwts, it wouldn't be perfect for f2p (still competeing with inactive members), but would be better than the current situation in my non-qualified (been a member since 2002 - don't remember f2p much) opinion.

I don't think it's feasible, but I think a f2p hiscores for people that have never had membership and therefore don't have stats that only members can train, and a 'graveyard' so to speak for inactive accounts. So that would be 3 seperate lists and everyone would be happy (somewhat).

Athymy.png

Too bad that your proposal would most likely consume far more resources than Jagex would be willing to give up, though.

I think by now they're already deadset on making this highscore change, and none of our suggestions will even get heard.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

5B Xp for perm hiscores.

Post under me if you support.

You all are losing track of the main reason Jagex did this update. Read this:

This is for a number of reasons, but the main one is to keep them fresh. We want the hiscores to feature players who will compete with each other, tooth and nail, for hiscore glory. There are many dormant accounts within the hiscores that have not played for a very long time, and this will give new arrivals in Gielinor a shot at hiscore fame alongside the grizzled veterans on equal terms for all.

I agree with their stated goals. The hiscores are dead. The current system of permanent ranks at 200m is unsustainable in the long-term because ranks become worthless. Competition is dead. There needs to be a major change to the hiscores eventually. With most skills having their top pages maxed out, there's no incentive for competition. This update frees up spots on the top page to provide more incentive to compete. However, I see this as only delaying the inevitable. There will very likely be another change, an even larger one, to the hiscores sometime in the next couple of years. I've expected something for some time, so this announcement by Jagex isn't really a complete surprise.

I'm not necessarily for or against this update. I am for an overhaul of the hiscores, but I do think their solution is a bit inadequate. Having a limit of 30-days activity is certainly a lot better imo, but it still isn't enough to reinvigorate competition back into the hiscores. As long as the top ranks remain out of potential reach of any new player, real competition will never return.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

You all are losing track of the main reason Jagex did this update. Read this:

This is for a number of reasons, but the main one is to keep them fresh. We want the hiscores to feature players who will compete with each other, tooth and nail, for hiscore glory. There are many dormant accounts within the hiscores that have not played for a very long time, and this will give new arrivals in Gielinor a shot at hiscore fame alongside the grizzled veterans on equal terms for all.

The hiscores are dead. The current system of permanent ranks at 200m is unsustainable in the long-term because ranks become worthless. Competition is dead. There needs to be a major change to the hiscores eventually. With most skills having their top pages maxed out, there's no incentive for competition. This update frees up spots on the top page to provide more incentive to compete. However, I see this as only delaying the inevitable. There will very likely be another change, an even larger one, to the hiscores sometime in the next couple of years. I've expected something for some time, so this announcement by Jagex isn't really a complete surprise.

I'm not necessarily for or against this update. I am for an overhaul of the hiscores, but I do think their solution is a bit inadequate. Having a limit of 30-days activity is certainly a lot better imo, but it still isn't enough to reinvigorate competition back into the hiscores.

youll have to pay 5 memberships for rest of your life so people can see your 1B agility... gl

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

editted my post as u posted yours^

OT: I'm well aware of the cost to me if I should decide to do that. My argument is more for the survival of the hiscores and less for my own financial interest. But like I said, I do think there are far better solutions than the poor choice Jagex chose. I do however think it is better than what we have now.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

5B Xp for perm hiscores.

Post under me if you support.

Does 'B' mean 'million'? If so, then I support.

B stands for billion of cores.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

111115182145.png

Ignore the writing. It is directed at Justln (Hacker).

peace,

Vann

I'm friend with Justln and I can tell you that he isn't going to achieve anything special if he keep like this. This is just my opinion anyway.

I too am Justin's friend. And I am a Rank in Mew2... well whats left of it. That was a joke toward him. He has mentioned before he wants 200M in all skills, although everyone knows he is in no position to make a running for it (other than his bank value).

Also, that wasn't just a random 300M donation to Suomi. I told him months ago that when he hit 3B total I would give him a 300M donation. I was a little late delivering because of gambling. Would get up hosting dice then get bored and bet 500M+ at a time and clean myself.

Plan on giving him 400M for 4B and 500M for 5B... or a Purple Phat... to match his clothes.

peace,

Vann

this is like giving a million dollars to a billionaire

why...

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

111115182145.png

Ignore the writing. It is directed at Justln (Hacker).

peace,

Vann

I'm friend with Justln and I can tell you that he isn't going to achieve anything special if he keep like this. This is just my opinion anyway.

I too am Justin's friend. And I am a Rank in Mew2... well whats left of it. That was a joke toward him. He has mentioned before he wants 200M in all skills, although everyone knows he is in no position to make a running for it (other than his bank value).

Also, that wasn't just a random 300M donation to Suomi. I told him months ago that when he hit 3B total I would give him a 300M donation. I was a little late delivering because of gambling. Would get up hosting dice then get bored and bet 500M+ at a time and clean myself.

Plan on giving him 400M for 4B and 500M for 5B... or a Purple Phat... to match his clothes.

peace,

Vann

this is like giving a million dollars to a billionaire

why...

Not sure what you are talking about but he is giving him 12M shards, not 12M gp.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm talking about donating money to Suomi even after 200m all skills

I understand wanting to see a guy do something you could never do (or stand doing), but why give money to him after that L

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Thank you so much :)

I am not sure if I will need much more money after 200M all skills =P

Well maybe for new skills.

This is what I answered him.

Still many years before I get 200M all skills, if I even get there. So let's just take it easy =P We can argue about this later lol.

Anyways it's his money and he can do what he wants with it.