200M in all Skills

Makilio

Still S U O M I will probably achieve more in his life than most other people. Who will remember some average plumber, doctor, accountant?

Lol for some reason that statement reminded me of this...

zarfot was pathetic to quit the game, he is currently so far away of being something in rl, that he could have earned more sympathy nolifing a game, later he will regret to have done it

I miss dat guy, he was the only good troll that ever posted on this thread

I'm a troll? :-|

I kind of disagree with zhowzufer, Zarfot's in uni or something isn't he? Plenty you can do in Uni or whatever.

I just think it's stupid when people go "omg lol ur doing nofing wif ur life lololololololol u sad" when they're most likely very average in real life and they probably won't do anything worth noting in their lives.

Still S U O M I will probably achieve more in his life than most other people. Who will remember some average plumber, doctor, accountant?

Lol for some reason that statement reminded me of this...

zarfot was pathetic to quit the game, he is currently so far away of being something in rl, that he could have earned more sympathy nolifing a game, later he will regret to have done it

I miss dat guy, he was the only good troll that ever posted on this thread

Continuing to play rs because you're not already something irl is a pretty poor reason to continue playing. If you want to be something irl you have to at least give it a shot - give rs a break and put some effort into trying to do whatever it is you want to do. If the irl stuff doesn't work out as well as rs did for you, then go back to rs, fine. but its always valuable to explore what's possible.

@ Muddy - No lol, I was referring to him obv. Let me decode his statement (that's how good of a troll he was) "Zarfot achieved more in his life than most other people. Who will remember him as some average computer programmer when he could have continued to further his account on rs?"

A13d.png

I completely agree with jebrim here. It was fascinating watching the hiscores when nobody could maintain a front page rank on more than two or three skills because of the competition. If the xp cap was removed, we'd be back in a world where it would be hard for someone to hold more than two font page ranks. This would be fascinating because we'd get to watch the fights for xp.

blizaga57.png

@ Muddy - No lol, I was referring to him obv. Let me decode his statement (that's how good of a troll he was) "Zarfot achieved more in his life than most other people. Who will remember him as some average computer programmer when he could have continued to further his account on rs?"

Sorry, I got how he was trolling I just thought you thought I was too.

It would fix the hiscores if it was possible to gain invisible xp to a skill that's 200m on hiscores....

Meaning that ranks on hs would stay 200m but the people ranked would constantly be changing, so there would be competition. The xp that you gain in the 200m skills obviously won't be added to your total xp, since your not really gaining anything.

The only down side is you cant see how far ahead/behind you are of other people.

rip if this makes no god damn sense..

Howdy_Doody.png

It would fix the hiscores if it was possible to gain invisible xp to a skill that's 200m on hiscores....

Meaning that ranks on hs would stay 200m but the people ranked would constantly be changing, so there would be competition. The xp that you gain in the 200m skills obviously won't be added to your total xp, since your not really gaining anything.

The only down side is you cant see how far ahead/behind you are of other people.

I get you. I could invisibly have 203M xp while you have 202M, but we both appear to have 200M xp on highscores, with me having a rank higher than yours.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Prestige would allow that with the addition of actually being able to see where you are. :P Of course you should keep your level 99.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Is this the time where there should be servers added where all people can start over again.

2 seperate Runescapes? (same updates roll of course), but the 2 seperate games cannot interact. A reset economy and everything.

Then have a new highscore with the new system added to this new resetted RS?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

And after 2 pages of discussion and 10 people answering the question which is not directed to them, the question still stands.

Suomi, why do you want 200M in all skills and why do you decide to spend your time on a videogame?

Can everybody now just NOT answer this except for Suomi? How hard can it be, unbelievable.

Sorry I just slept 8 hours and went to cycling.

I play rs for fun and enjoyment. There are so many things I enjoy about it. Talking with friends, feeling of accomplishment and progress. Runescape is meaningless but so is everything else in life. Would take pages of explaining why I enjoy rs but read my Tip.It interview you want to know more. Also I do tons of other things while playing Runescape.

Just because I play RuneScape doesn't mean I can't do other things. Like I have said many times I sleep at least 8 hours day and exercise at least 1 hour a day which is more than most people do. Also hang with my friends daily.

I used to work a lot and invested my money, I am not getting any money from the goverment. It's actually totally the opposite, they steal my hard earned money because I have to pay taxes.

It's funny how people don't know the least bit about me and still keep posting things about me.

Honestly just concentrate on your own life, you will thank me later.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with your viewpoint on life.

Not sure if those last two sentences were directed to me, but I didn't criticize nor offend you in the slightest way. There's a difference between genuinely interest and criticism and it seems that some TIF'ers can't tell.

Good luck with your RS-career and later on, everything else you'll find worth devoting time on :).

Not sure if those last two sentences were directed to me, but I didn't criticize nor offend you in the slightest way. There's a difference between genuinely interest and criticism and it seems that some TIF'ers can't tell.

Good luck with your RS-career and later on, everything else you'll find worth devoting time on :).

No it wasn't directed at you, it was directed at Bitterness(very suiting name for that person) and other trolls.

Thanks, good luck to you too :)

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

You guys all forgot my earlier post... The point of the change isn't to just remove inactives. That's the means they're using to try to reach their desired end. That end is actually to reinvigorate competition back into the hiscores.

The only competition they're putting back into the hiscores is to see who's willing to pay Jagex money the longest. You need to read between the lines. This update is not at all about their stated objective. It's about trying to squeeze more cash out of the players.

Grate_Scot.png

I would advise something like two separate HS for RS.

One for the whole HS which is a true HS. (Maybe lite version? Hidden away. But has the info that necessary to know the true HS..)

Second one for active competition - So would remove the top away - Ergh even f2p if thats necessary >.> But I disagree with that tbh.

Another suggestion would pretty much be the list of who got 200m first in order on a separate list thats not a proper HS but just a list pretty much. Then remove their names from proper HS. When you get 200m you simply move onto the list.

Whatever the solution I really prefer f2p remained on the list. Possibly due to active activity within 'x' amount of time.

Another idea would be to allow 'x' amount of activity = 6 or maybe 12 months allowance on HS. If you become inactive over that time then you are removed... However if you become active again for say 1 month then you put back onto HS for 6 or maybe 12 months.

Only flaw tbh is people will just go and get 199m xp - However that itself is a pain to maintain longterm and people can still beat you onto the separate list to get a higher rank. Compelling people to get 200m themselves.

Its all nonsense imo and I think I understand why they are messing the HS but atleast this is a better suggestion than completely ruining the HS as they are planning to do. As it stands we are going to lose accurate ranks for anyone who gains 200m after the update. =s They wont know...

I get you. I could invisibly have 203M xp while you have 202M, but we both appear to have 200M xp on highscores, with me having a rank higher than yours.

Isn't this what they had before? I remember there were a few people who were maxed cooking (like 5) and the ranks were always interchanging. If they could have the invisible exp + removal of the obvious bots to clean up the highscore we may more competition. Or alternatively every 12 hours there will be a new rank 1 in each skill, giving everyone the chance to be rank one in a skill if they're 200M.

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

Why not make xp diminish over time? For example, they could just remove 0.01% (so max 20k, and for most players less than 1k) of your xp per day. Solves all problems I think and might also be more realistic (in rl you also need to keep practicing skills to stay on the same level).

Isn't this what they had before? I remember there were a few people who were maxed cooking (like 5) and the ranks were always interchanging. If they could have the invisible exp + removal of the obvious bots to clean up the highscore we may more competition. Or alternatively every 12 hours there will be a new rank 1 in each skill, giving everyone the chance to be rank one in a skill if they're 200M.

No. The ranks changed in a set pattern every system update.

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

No. The ranks changed in a set pattern every system update.

Is the current 200M XP cap due to a programming restriction, or is that no longer the case? The max gold pile is... 2,147,483,647, and unless there's been a change, that's due to the programming language used to run the game - that's the highest value that can be kept for a single variable. XP also keeps track of one decimal, which means the game's max possible XP in a single skill is 214,748,364.7 due to the programming limitations - to exceed that, they'd have to make some significant changes in their coding. Trying to keep track of XP beyond the 200M cap to determine rankings would still require a raising of that limit, even if they didn't display anything beyond the 200M on the high scores - the game would still have to keep track in order to know how to display the high score rankings. Making it invisible doesn't get around that limit. (If that limit no longer exists, then this is a pretty good idea, but why not just take off the 200M cap entirely, instead of taking it off but making the excess invisible?)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

WHAT EVEN IS LOGIC

ecc6d7b0f0c29dacf14bf9aa5a56dd27.png

/caps

Edited by Kimberly
Removed gyazo link. Please just paste the direct link to the image.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Here Ness: [qfc]16-17-732-63382107[/qfc] (this is just hiscores FAQ)

Jebrim's prestige system is an interesting idea.. However, I think that prestige at 200m is a bit high; barely anyone would ever get to lvl 2.

I say put the prestige system in at 50m xp.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I say put the prestige cap at level 100 (Except for dungeoneering which could go at level 121).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You guys all forgot my earlier post... The point of the change isn't to just remove inactives. That's the means they're using to try to reach their desired end. That end is actually to reinvigorate competition back into the hiscores.

The only competition they're putting back into the hiscores is to see who's willing to pay Jagex money the longest. You need to read between the lines. This update is not at all about their stated objective. It's about trying to squeeze more cash out of the players.

And I already stated that it doesn't fulfill their objective very well. And tbh, I don't see any problem with them trying to get more income. You must realize that RS is already the cheapest non-f2p MMO out there. Other game companies use their $15/mo incomes to invest back into the game more updates. Only a fraction of such extra incomes are taken for immediate profit. That said, I do personally think a 30-day requirement to remain on the hiscores would not only be better for the hiscores, but that it'd also generate more profit indirectly by keeping players with RS long-term, whereas their chosen policy is driving people away at the same time as providing an incentive for a few top players to keep paying.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

But if they do that they have to come up with a way so my children can log in on my account without breaking any rules after I die. It's all about family heirlooms now.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.