200M in all Skills

Makilio

Ganna take a wild guess and say majority agree they should remain.

This be a bit like hunting penguins - playing hide and seek. Some are just very good at hiding but got to keep an eye out vigorously for any sightings.

Makes it easier to know who might be active.

I wont be partaking in any sightings but have fun.

Anyone who criticizes SUOMI for how much time he spends playing runescape, remember that what he is going to accomplish is going to so colossal that it will most likely be the grandest achievement in MMORPG history. So in other words, he will be breaking a world record.

So those of you who criticize SUOMI should go get the latest Guinness Book of World Records and point to 80% of the world record holders and mock them as well.

"Hey look at me! I wasted years of my life on a game that you've never heard of! I'm so good at mindless clicking you all should kiss the ground I walk on."

S2buxtG.png

Anyone who criticizes SUOMI for how much time he spends playing runescape, remember that what he is going to accomplish is going to so colossal that it will most likely be the grandest achievement in MMORPG history. So in other words, he will be breaking a world record.

So those of you who criticize SUOMI should go get the latest Guinness Book of World Records and point to 80% of the world record holders and mock them as well.

"Hey look at me! I wasted years of my life on a game that you've never heard of! I'm so good at mindless clicking you all should kiss the ground I walk on."

"Good Lord, I can eat 140 hotdogs in 2 minutes! MY NAME SHALL FOREVER BE RECORDED IN THE ANNALS OF HISTORY!"

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So lets say at 18 I make a successful company, end up doing extremely well - make 20million from it. Decide that 20m is enough for 1 lifetime and play runescape after. Would that be a leech on society or retirement? :lol:

Not saying I indend on doing that, id continue working even if i made my fortunes but if I didnt id hardly say id be a leech.

Well, technically speaking, at that point you've stopped contributing to society, so by one definition you are indeed a leech (and a NEET).

Now, if you consider that you can still contribute to society without attending school/job training/being active employed, then maybe not so much. Or if you take the view that once you've achieved a certain degree of success it is permissible to stop contributing to sciety, as you have reached your quota for life.

Story - The Mexican fisherman

The Mexican fisherman

An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "only a little while."

The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then?"

The American laughed and said that's the best part. "When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions.. Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."

Since suomi said he can financially support himself id argue that this story applies to him as well. Problem?

The problem is that there is no Maria.

;-)

Maxed Overall since November '09

"Good Lord, I can eat 140 hotdogs in 2 minutes! MY NAME SHALL FOREVER BE RECORDED IN THE ANNALS OF HISTORY!"

at least eating 140 hotdogs only took 2 minutes, not 30,000 hours :mellow:

ngl, I have 250 days played

post below me, beautiful

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

How do we know your indeed rank #1 hot dog eating champion? Maybe someone else is #1 but simply let his membership lapse. I dont believe you. Your probably rank #47 - not even on front page. Most of the top peeps probably just had a heart attack and couldnt keep up their subscription.

Thatll teach them for no lifing.

-

*Feels pain in chest* Dammit someone keep paying my membership! Rs stats is my legacy.

While I say keep the inactives on the list, I also say to do the top 15 active players at each update. So the list might look something like this:

1. S U O M I: Getting tons of effigies

2. Jake: Adzing away

3. Caroline2o11: Slaying a bit

Elias: Inactive

4. Elvis: Doing a little bit of everything

5. Drumgun: Dungeoned, now fishes

Telmomarques: Inactive

6. etc.

My main point is leave the inactives in their appropriate spots, but don't count them as one of the 15 updates we get a week. Go all the way down to the 15th highest ranked active player so we hear about some fresh people. Sometimes it seems like the most exciting races for spots are happening in spots 16-18.

Grate_Scot.png

While I say keep the inactives on the list, I also say to do the top 15 active players at each update. So the list might look something like this:

1. S U O M I: Getting tons of effigies

2. Jake: Adzing away

3. Caroline2o11: Slaying a bit

Elias: Inactive

4. Elvis: Doing a little bit of everything

5. Drumgun: Dungeoned, now fishes

Telmomarques: Inactive

6. etc.

My main point is leave the inactives in their appropriate spots, but don't count them as one of the 15 updates we get a week. Go all the way down to the 15th highest ranked active player so we hear about some fresh people. Sometimes it seems like the most exciting races for spots are happening in spots 16-18.

I like this. This preserves the legacy of inactives (and makes it easy to pick them back up if they start training again) while also showing top 15 people who are confirmed active.

If it's too much work, you could cut it down to top 10 actives I suppose.

How exactly are we/you going to keep track of folks who are F2P and active, or catch an inactive becoming active again but not getting membership? Or are we just hoping that someone will be in contact with them?

How do we know your indeed rank #1 hot dog eating champion? Maybe someone else is #1 but simply let his membership lapse. I dont believe you. Your probably rank #47 - not even on front page. Most of the top peeps probably just had a heart attack and couldnt keep up their subscription.

So much love to you for this. So much. You win 5 interwebs.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I think Thorgmir's idea is really good.

wow that's worthy of being siggied :thumbsup:

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Isn't the whole point of the hiscores to show who got how much xp when? Take Hitpoints (oops i mean constitution). Deja Vu Xiii was the first to get 200,000,000 Hitpoints xp. Considering that he was the first, and that he did it when it was harder, is incredible. He deserves credit for gettin rank 1. But, rather a rightfully earned spot, he is punished for not paying Jagex money any more. If someone else gets rank 1 hp, people will see it, and think that the other person was the first to get it. Meanwhile, deja is forgotten. Thats not

fair at all.

There's so many ways to go about this though

1.) Remove xp cap

2.) keep hiscores free

3.) give skillcape sellers an additional option about the history of the skill, where they would mention the people who got it to 200M and who was first, etc

4.) Separate hiscores, 1 active 1 inactive

This inactive one would be called legacy or something and compare their actual ranks as well as their ranking among other inactive players

5.) keep it free, but you have to create a hiscores account to access them from now on. After this is made, you could link your account to the hiscores. All bots would be removed as they're no lover active, and those who care about their ranks of being first could make a free hiscores account

6.) Or one of these could be approached, but rank 1 will forever stay rank 1, meaning the first to 200M stays rank 1 no matter what (unless banned)

TL;DR

Jamflex u dun goofd

You guys all forgot my earlier post... The point of the change isn't to just remove inactives. That's the means they're using to try to reach their desired end. That end is actually to reinvigorate competition back into the hiscores. The news post confirms that. Keeping any permanent ranks whatsoever is the exact opposite of that. If a random noob cannot aspire to one day become rank 1 in a skill, with enough work, then the hiscores will remain [bleep]ed. There needs to be a significant change and this update is a start, but it's definitely not one that solves the problem. It only delays it. Jagex needs to think of other solutions for sure. Most of these suggestions you guys are making are definitely not going to work because maintaining permanent ranks is what got us into this mess to begin with.

Also you guys seem to have forgotten the days, if you ever knew them, before people had 200m's. Ranks really meant something and at first the 200m's did not track who got them first. Many people actually complained both about the limit and about the fact that ranks couldn't change anymore after Jagex updated it. You all think this current system of first come first serve is how it should be and and how it's always been when that's not true. You've been conditioned into this current system and I truly do think we need something new.

Look at Runetracker for example. That's a hiscore system that is the complete opposite of the Jagex one and I like it quite a bit (albeit with poor design features by Jagex (xp boosts/storing) destroying some of it). There are many ideas that Jagex can do to change the hiscores, but whatever they do needs to seriously bring back competition. None of you guys are even thinking along those lines. Instead you want to preserve an already very flawed system.

I see no difference between rank 1 Cooking and rank 200 Cooking. There needs to be a new way to compete for rank even at 200m. Staying members is what Jagex decided to do as the new way to compete, but I think that's not very adequate. Movement within the ranks is still very rigid. That plus it's not as meaningful. Any update that allows post-200m competition to take the top ranks has to be done in such a way that the top ranks would actually be considered better than the non-top. Sticking with RS longer is a bit dubious.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

And after 2 pages of discussion and 10 people answering the question which is not directed to them, the question still stands.

Suomi, why do you want 200M in all skills and why do you decide to spend your time on a videogame?

Can everybody now just NOT answer this except for Suomi? How hard can it be, unbelievable.

Sorry I just slept 8 hours and went to cycling.

I play rs for fun and enjoyment. There are so many things I enjoy about it. Talking with friends, feeling of accomplishment and progress. Runescape is meaningless but so is everything else in life. Would take pages of explaining why I enjoy rs but read my Tip.It interview you want to know more. Also I do tons of other things while playing Runescape.

Just because I play RuneScape doesn't mean I can't do other things. Like I have said many times I sleep at least 8 hours day and exercise at least 1 hour a day which is more than most people do. Also hang with my friends daily.

I used to work a lot and invested my money, I am not getting any money from the goverment. It's actually totally the opposite, they steal my hard earned money because I have to pay taxes.

It's funny how people don't know the least bit about me and still keep posting things about me.

Honestly just concentrate on your own life, you will thank me later.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

only way to seriously change up the ranks at 200m is to make XP go past 200m, which isn't going to happen (and SHOULDN'T), so what would you suggest? the competition has to end somewhere

maybe you could make it so rank 1 is ALL the people with 200m in that skill, and has a link to a list of all the people with it that shows the order they got it in? would be pretty arbitrary but that's all I can think of to change anything

it was so much simpler when 200m XP in a skill was considered insane

zezima is pronounced zeh-ZEE-muh tbh

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

How to pronounce Suomi.

Also someone wanted to know how I look without glasses and beard, just check the video.

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

How to pronounce Suomi.

Also someone wanted to know how I look without glasses and beard, just check the video.

Tuomi/Tuomo/Suomi. Very sexy.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Oh thank you, I hear that a lot.

Off-topic:

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqfUzax3kE&lc=sm0nBYnfeID2WrPnAkmoqrgKJZdbc9aI0rE035IT8GA&feature=inbox

He pretty much explains how much I enjoy rs, I feel exactly the same about rs.

[/hide]

at least eating 140 hotdogs only took 2 minutes, not 30,000 hours :mellow:

ngl, I have 250 days played

post below me, beautiful

Still S U O M I will probably achieve more in his life than most other people. Who will remember some average plumber, doctor, accountant?

Even if a new skill is released in a few years time and SUOMI doesn't 200mxp it, I'm sure a lot of people will remember the first person to get 5billion xp/all skills at the time to 200mxp. People still remember Zezima.

only way to seriously change up the ranks at 200m is to make XP go past 200m, which isn't going to happen (and SHOULDN'T), so what would you suggest? the competition has to end somewhere

maybe you could make it so rank 1 is ALL the people with 200m in that skill, and has a link to a list of all the people with it that shows the order they got it in? would be pretty arbitrary but that's all I can think of to change anything

They could use a prestige system. To say competition must end is ridiculous. Right now the only real competition on the hiscores is in Overall. The vast majority of the pages on the RS hiscores are worthless. Jagex is trying to find a solution to revive it and I agree with that and have argued for such for awhile. Raising the 200m limit is the obvious choice, but there are alternatives that could potentially be used. With a prestige system, players can have their Xp's reset and start again while not removing the knowledge of their previous Xp. They'd go up 1 prestige per 200m, effectively being a roundabout method of raising the max.

Another way to compete is to not have the total Xp in a skill increase anymore, but to compete with Xp gains in that skill like Runetracker has. Or there could be an Xp/hr hiscores for the players who can get the most Xp/hr in each skill (without boosts/stored xp) and the game can automatically track that all the time. There are probably many others ways that I currently can't conceive of but that some other smart guy can figure out as well. But to say competition must die is absurd. To leave the top ranks completely unattainable to any person who wants to work hard enough to get it is ridiculous. And this isn't even about me, as I'm sure people you'd try to twist my previous ssentence as such. There's a very good chance I wouldn't get #1 in any new system because there are plenty of other great Agilitizers out there.

Rank 1 used to mean something and I want it to mean something again. If that means I become rank 6, at least I'll know that I truly am the 6th best and that it means something. The current ranks are totally meaningless, as it's all based entirely on who got lucky enough to start training sooner. Rank 1 or rank 6 or rank 200, it means nothing except that the player is older. People assume that yes they deserve it because they trained slower, but you also don't give the newer people the OPTION of having that opportunity to invest more time as well. Without that, the hiscores are pointless at 200m.

Before some nerd tries to say that if the 200m limit was gone the Overall hiscores would be ruined by every nerd nolifing Cooking, try to think that there are other alternatives. Post-200m Xp doesn't need to be counted in Overall, or even if it is, they could simply raise the max level of all skills. This would make rising in Overall not dependent on buyables, but actually training all skills evenly since you'd need to level up even slower ones to gain levels faster.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

They could use a prestige system. To say competition must end is ridiculous. Right now the only real competition on the hiscores is in Overall. The vast majority of the pages on the RS hiscores are worthless. Jagex is trying to find a solution to revive it and I agree with that and have argued for such for awhile. Raising the 200m limit is the obvious choice, but there are alternatives that could potentially be used. With a prestige system, players can have their Xp's reset and start again while not removing the knowledge of their previous Xp. They'd go up 1 prestige per 200m, effectively being a roundabout method of raising the max.

Another way to compete is to not have the total Xp in a skill increase anymore, but to compete with Xp gains in that skill like Runetracker has. There could be an Xp/hr hiscores for the players who can get the most Xp/hr in each skill (without boosts/stored xp) and the game can automatically track that all the time. There are probably many others ways that I currently can't conceive of but that some other smart guy can figure out as well. But to say competition must die is absurd. To leave the top ranks completely unattainable to any person who wants to work hard enough to get it is ridiculous. And this isn't even about me, as I'm sure people you'd try to twist my previous ssentence as such. There's a very good chance I wouldn't get #1 in any new system because there are plenty of other great Agilitizers out there.

Rank 1 used to mean something and I want it to mean something again. If that means I become rank 6, at least I'll know that I truly am the 6th best and that it means something. The current ranks are totally meaningless, as it's all based entirely on who got lucky enough to start training sooner. Rank 1 or rank 6 or rank 200, it means nothing except that the player is older. People assume that yes they deserve it because they trained slower, but you also don't give the newer people the OPTION of having that opportunity to invest more time as well. Without that, the hiscores are pointless at 200m.

Before some nerd tries to say that if the 200m limit was gone the Overall hiscores would be ruined by every nerd nolifing Cooking, try to think that there are other alternatives. Post-200m Xp doesn't need to be counted in Overall, or even if it is, they could simply raise the max level of all skills. This would make rising in Overall not dependent on buyables, but actually training all skills evenly since you'd need to level up even slower ones to gain levels faster.

As nice an idea as that is, Jagex have already stated that that they will never raise the level cap. This update is apparently just an incredibly half assed way to reinstate some competition into the hiscores.

Athymy.png

Another way to compete is to not have the total Xp in a skill increase anymore, but to compete with Xp gains in that skill like Runetracker has. There could be an Xp/hr hiscores for the players who can get the most Xp/hr in each skill (without boosts/stored xp) and the game can automatically track that all the time. There are probably many others ways that I currently can't conceive of but that some other smart guy can figure out as well. But to say competition must die is absurd. To leave the top ranks completely unattainable to any person who wants to work hard enough to get it is ridiculous. And this isn't even about me, as I'm sure people you'd try to twist my previous ssentence as such. There's a very good chance I wouldn't get #1 in any new system because there are plenty of other great Agilitizers out there.

As nice an idea as that is, Jagex have already stated that that they will never raise the level cap. This update is apparently just an incredibly half assed way to reinstate some competition into the hiscores.

Yes, I do agree that it's a very poor solution, not even worthy of being called a solution. Rank 1 is the first player to hit 200m that still pays for membership. It does need to have more meaning. I really don't like many of the arguments against it though. People are defending the current system of no competition and it's really ridiculous. I think people are just afraid of losing their ranks and actually having to do something again to compete. It's a lot easier to just relax and keep a rank without putting in any additional effort to maintain it. I see the 200m limit as an excuse that people use to stop training a skill. With no limit, their ranks could always potentially be in danger to some other person. It's a lot safer to defend the current system, but sadly at the cost of making that rank less valuable.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Still S U O M I will probably achieve more in his life than most other people. Who will remember some average plumber, doctor, accountant?

Lol for some reason that statement reminded me of this...

zarfot was pathetic to quit the game, he is currently so far away of being something in rl, that he could have earned more sympathy nolifing a game, later he will regret to have done it

I miss dat guy, he was the only good troll that ever posted on this thread

A13d.png