200M in all Skills

Makilio

Apologies for the late replies, I came down with a bad case of needing to sleep :P

@Athymy - I'm glad you have the maturity to just let the game go altogether after you quit. Personally, I would rather have something to show for all the time wasted on the game, and I'm sure many others would as well.
what about the friends u made in game? I don't check the high scores as much when i'm not nolifing the game but it is a record for the other players of the game. If many people are removed from the high scores peoples real rank would be questionable...so mainly the historical account is why im against it people like n0valyfe, Zarfot, Top ranks in many skills, old friends highscore pages just going poof. but like Athymy said its just a shock to the systemall my rs screenies got deleted I used to think "damn if i ever lost my screenshots id lose my memories of scape" but now its like "those screenies dont make my memories of scape"but anyway if i thought all i achieved in rs was levels and exp id have quit ages ago.

I'm going to start off by re-enforcing that I do not, in any way, shape or form support this update - I can see the reasoning by Jagex and the update doesn't bother me.

I don't think I could ever completely leave all of the friends that I have made through the game, even if I had zero interest in playing/moved on. I've spent so much time within certain runescape communities that I would happily keep coming on regularly to have a chat, I'll never forget the people I've met on this game, that is where my memories will lie, not in my ranks.

If in ten years time someone was to say to me, hey, remember <insert name here>? I'd have the fun memories I've had with that person and it would be meaningful. However, if they were to ask me if I remembered my rank in, let's say magic for example's sake, I don't think I'd be able to answer them.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone for caring about the 'legacy' they leave behind in their ranks when they cease to scape, after the sheer amount of time I have spent on the game, I understand where you are coming from. I have only given my personal opinion on the topic.

As much as it would be 'playing Jagex's game', if I cared that much about my ranks or wanted them to be my legacy, I'd continue to let runescape bill me the £3.50 per month or whatever it is. I think it would be worth it for people that really do care.

For the majority, I don't believe that this is something worth complaining about.
Speaking as a member of said majority, my problem with it is that any and all achievements I've made, or will ever make, in-game will be wiped from the official rankings like Kaida23 had never existed. Nobody should be made to feel that expendable.
As I said, although this is my own personal opinion, if I was to stop caring about the game enough to quit and cancel my membership, it really wouldn't bother me if I was removed from the hiscores as I only care about them when I am actually playing the game.I can understand where you are coming from, though.
I think Athymy makes a good point here. He really speaks to what is healthy motivation for playing, regardless of Jagex's most recent highscore update. If you are playing for ranks than it had better be because you want those ranks for you and you only. Playing so that others will somehow appreciate you more because of your ranks is the wrong reasons to be playing. Don't play for someone else's enjoyment; only play for your own. If you played for someone else's enjoyment you will see everything you did as a "waste of time." If you played for your self you will just see it as an enjoying time. That said I think that this update is total bullshit.Also Athymy do you have any plans to make a bid for the top 15? I see you are powering through magic now and you have a lot of fast xp still open. It would be nice to have another fellow poster in the top 15.

I often see people talk about the time they've spent in game, saying that it has been such a waste of their life. I have absolutely no regrets about the time I've spent playing because it has been fun (for the most part).

I'm just taking it one day at a time and one goal at a time, if I end up in the top 15 that'd be pretty sweet, but I just do what I find fun at that particular time (although I don't usually find it fun after 150m xp lol).

I don't really have any plans to start mashing buyables as I simply don't have the bank to do it, I'm considering mining as a goal after my current plans, plans which will take me to around January, so I'm not really going to be gaining masses of overall xp when doing that. I am also aware that training magic right now is incredibly inefficient was I to decide to train mining in the near future, but oh well. A little bit of inefficiency never hurt anyone. :P

Athymy.png

I agree totally with Athymy. And although I don't fully agree with the update I will like it that my ranks will go up a lot and that I can be sure all the ranks above me are active.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Playing so that others will somehow appreciate you more because of your ranks is the wrong reasons to be playing.

Well, aren't you just marvelously knowledgeable?

Who the hell do you think you are to even remotely think your way of playing is the "right" way of playing. Please don't state your opinions as fact in a discussion, it doesn't make much sense.

crossed_body.png

I think this update wasn't just a business move for Jagex, I think it was just the easiest route for taking care of all the now inactive bot accounts that take up huge amounts of space on the highscores. Even though this outs the high ranking f2p players, which is probably something they didn't want to do after all the good pr they've been getting lately, this was probably the most efficient way to do it. It's kind of ironic given the thread.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I think this update wasn't just a business move for Jagex, I think it was just the easiest route for taking care of all the now inactive bot accounts that take up huge amounts of space on the highscores. Even though this outs the high ranking f2p players, which is probably something they didn't want to do after all the good pr they've been getting lately, this was probably the most efficient way to do it. It's kind of ironic given the thread.

A bandit has escaped into the woods? Clearly the most efficient way is to burn all the trees down!

Yes, clearly that is the best solution. It isn't extreme or inconsiderate in the least to their costumers or possible costumers. :rolleyes:

crossed_body.png

A bandit has escaped into the woods? Clearly the most efficient way is to burn all the trees down!

Yes, clearly that is the best solution. It isn't extreme or inconsiderate in the least to their costumers or possible costumers. :rolleyes:

It is the opposite: It is not a bandit in the woods. It is dead trees and bad trees in a forest with just a few alive trees. (the actual active f2p players are quite low in comparison to all the players who are inactive or were bots), so to burn a forest down with just a few alive trees that do still take water (money) from you doesn't sound that bad. (at least not for the company)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If they are possible customers, like you said, that would suggest that they may eventually be willing to subscribe. This might give them the push they need to make the decision, and in the eyes of Jagex, that would make the update a success.

EDIT: ON TOPIC. Dragonseance is about to start ripping out 70M days GF KIDS @DRAGONSEANCE #1.

Jk.

Athymy.png

Incidentally is anyone else finding it a lot harder to get people wanting assist now?

I've been typing out my rc assist offer every 8 lines for over an hour and havent had a single pm and havent seen a single person saying they need rc assists

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

Incidentally is anyone else finding it a lot harder to get people wanting assist now?

I've been typing out my rc assist offer every 8 lines for over an hour and havent had a single pm and havent seen a single person saying they need rc assists

I've had days like that even before Bots were nuked. Never can figure out why no one has even a level 91 runecrafting effigy. Usually after an hour I'll say screw it and wait until tomorrow as I get mine at night and would rather not have to set my alarm for midmorning for assists. Also had one click where pm on, no one could pm me that wasn't added, though everyone in the assistchat informed me and ranks raged because of nonassist chat ;)

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

I've had days like that even before Bots were nuked. Never can figure out why no one has even a level 91 runecrafting effigy. Usually after an hour I'll say screw it and wait until tomorrow as I get mine at night and would rather not have to set my alarm for midmorning for assists. Also had one click where pm on, no one could pm me that wasn't added, though everyone in the assistchat informed me and ranks raged because of nonassist chat ;)

I've found that 97 smithing is exceptionally easy to get assists for consistently just standing in W117 and quickchatting my level. (Oh no not max efficiency)

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but, Number1 Boss doesn't have membership, so that's another rank for people below him.

About the highscores I love the idea, and completely agree with all the points previously posted by Athymy.

Eb.png

This might give them the push they need to make the decision, and in the eyes of Jagex, that would make the update a success.

Quite the opposite. I doubt people are more inclined to pay a company that stabs them in the back.

Stabbed in the back? wtf ru on about? CHEATED and CAUGHT OUT you mean :angry:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

This might give them the push they need to make the decision, and in the eyes of Jagex, that would make the update a success.

Quite the opposite. I doubt people are more inclined to pay a company that stabs them in the back.

Not sure what you are talking about, but I don't see how removing the highscore is cheating :P

Retired item crew

I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but, Number1 Boss doesn't have membership, so that's another rank for people below him.

About the highscores I love the idea, and completely agree with all the points previously posted by Athymy.

He's called Alkan Boss now, and yes he does have membership.

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

You are going a bit overboard in my opinion. If people are willing to spend hundreds to thousands of hours enjoying the free game, why wouldn't they be willing to pay a fairly minimal fee in order to continue playing it with all of the luxuries that come with the premium game?

Athymy.png

You are going a bit overboard in my opinion. If people are willing to spend hundreds to thousands of hours enjoying the free game, why wouldn't they be willing to pay a fairly minimal fee in order to continue playing it with all of the luxuries that come with the premium game?

Except we're not talking about all the luxuries that come with the premium game, we're talking about a feature that has been in place since the game's inception. This kind of thing is a slippery slope. Now that they've started removing features from the free game, what will they remove next? Rune armor? The G.E.? Everything outside the starting area?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Except we're not talking about all the luxuries that come with the premium game, we're talking about a feature that has been in place since the game's inception. This kind of thing is a slippery slope. Now that they've started removing features from the free game, what will they remove next? Rune armor? The G.E.? Everything outside the starting area?

You may be right, however, the people posting that believe that this is happening as it is the most efficient method of removing the bots from the hiscores may also be correct. Only time will tell.

Athymy.png

I didn't assist rc until level 97. 91-95 took too long.

I didn't assist rc until level 97. 91-95 took too long.

i'm 98 rc - my only assistable stat below 99

Tbh Water bought members.

Are you saying that Water will be buy membership just to keep himself on the highscores or that Water has been a member before? If it is the latter then you should post your proof before making such accusations.