200M in all Skills

Makilio

From their responses on threads, I think it's pretty clear that the 200m limit won't be changing.

as true as i think this is, I'd actually love to see it increased.

isn't there another java limit after 2.147b thats like 9084239472983472983479283423239847234872394 or something stupid long that they could potentially use?

edit:

also they should just make a hall of fame for ALL 200mers and then maybe just have the active players with 200m show up on hiscores.

or keep 200m as a separate achievement for hall of fame, where you graduate from hiscores to hall of fame once you achieve it. maybe you even get a cute star or something on your hiscores next to w/e 200m skill you have that shows you have 200m so people aren't like "y u no show up on hiscores for x skill?"

idk just a thought, lots of ways to work with that maybe it'll get some of you thinking and you'll come up with the perfect solution lol

Evertim.png

From their responses on threads, I think it's pretty clear that the 200m limit won't be changing.

as true as i think this is, I'd actually love to see it increased.

isn't there another java limit after 2.147b thats like 9084239472983472983479283423239847234872394 or something stupid long that they could potentially use?

edit:

also they should just make a hall of fame for ALL 200mers and then maybe just have the active players with 200m show up on hiscores.

or keep 200m as a separate achievement for hall of fame, where you graduate from hiscores to hall of fame once you achieve it. maybe you even get a cute star or something on your hiscores next to w/e 200m skill you have that shows you have 200m so people aren't like "y u no show up on hiscores for x skill?"

idk just a thought, lots of ways to work with that maybe it'll get some of you thinking and you'll come up with the perfect solution lol

I think they said 2.147b was the 32bit java limit and to exceed that it would need to be 64 bit java which would make 90% of rs unable to play, not entirely sure though.

Nydous.png

I think they said 2.147b was the 32bit java limit and to exceed that it would need to be 64 bit java which would make 90% of rs unable to play, not entirely sure though.

so i guess there are three options in terms of xp cap:

1. leave it the same

2. adjust the xp you get in just about everything in the game so decimals are not needed and the new xp cap is 2147m (made to be 2b) instead of 214.7m

3. use 64 bit java

2 is too much work and 2b xp in an skill is really not enough to stop people from hitting the limit in some skills, and 3 as you said would likely cause whole other mess of problems.

guess were stuck with 200m cap lol

Evertim.png

They could divide all Xp's by 10, in a way increasing the max by 10. Everyone with 200m Xp would have 20m Xp and all current Xp gains would give 1/10th of what they did before. Or they could use a prestige system, which would allow a near infinite amount of potential Xp. When one hits 200m, they'd reset to 0xp, keep their level 99, and go up 1 prestige point. Each prestige point would stand for 200m Xp.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

[hide]

Untitled-3.png

It looks like Jagex saw the negative response.

[/hide]

Was that posted on the HLF?

Yes.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

They could divide all Xp's by 10, in a way increasing the max by 10. Everyone with 200m Xp would have 20m Xp and all current Xp gains would give 1/10th of what they did before. Or they could use a prestige system, which would allow a near infinite amount of potential Xp. When one hits 200m, they'd reset to 0xp, keep their level 99, and go up 1 prestige point. Each prestige point would stand for 200m Xp.

The main issue I've always had with a much higher xp maximum is the fact that the rank 1 would inevitably be some noob with 2b cooking and 2b fletching xp, or something like that. It would increase the time/xp variance between players substantially, making the hiscores even less reliable.

The main issue I've always had with a much higher xp maximum is the fact that the rank 1 would inevitably be some noob with 2b cooking and 2b fletching xp, or something like that. It would increase the time/xp variance between players substantially, making the hiscores even less reliable.

Unless the max level was increased at the same time. That would effectively ruin any incentive for 2b cooking, since it'd be more efficient to gain ranks by training all skills evenly timewise.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Unless the max level was increased at the same time. That would effectively ruin any incentive for 2b cooking, since it'd be more efficient to gain ranks by training all skills evenly timewise.

That's a great point, Jebrim. However, that wouldn't stop Gemeos.

You don't need 64bit java to be able to use longs, we went over this twice before in this thread guys.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

You don't need 64bit java to be able to use longs, we went over this twice before in this thread guys.

Yeah well this thread has probably gone round in circles more times than any other thread on any forums anywhere lol...

Incidentally, this would also mean that someone who got 5b xp would have to stay mems even though they couldnt get any more xp if they wanted to stay at the top of the hiscores.

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

You could always just buy a dicerank to pay for membership in ~10 minutes owait they goodfighted it goodfight

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Yeah well this thread has probably gone round in circles more times than any other thread on any forums anywhere lol...

Incidentally, this would also mean that someone who got 5b xp would have to stay mems even though they couldnt get any more xp if they wanted to stay at the top of the hiscores.

IKR! Good Thing for SUOMI that he doesn't think he will burn out before, and prolly not after 5B exp either! :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Well, this is some shit right here.

So I'm 124M Hunter and when I get 200M I have to keep lifelong membership in order to keep my rank?

Not sure if quit

Also, who is going to want to spend thousands upon thousands of hours grinding for a 200M stat with the stability of the hiscores removed...

Probably who I feel the most sympathy for here is Water and El Popo

A13d.png