200M in all Skills

Makilio

For the top two the time spent accepting donations is negligible compared to getting 5b xp, and for others it varies so much. You can average 9-10m/hr from QBD at the moment once you get used to it, not sure what gp/hr Nex would be at the moment. The gloves and boots are going on the scale of hundreds of millions, so I guess it could be quite profitable right now.

Investing only takes a few seconds to put your offers in, flipping requires more time spent at the ge. Merchanting in general would vary so much from player to player that it would be hard to give a generally accepted rate. It is assumed in the time calc at the moment that making money takes 0 time. Obviously this isn't the case, but for comparison purposes, it's not too big of a problem.

I like the new % completed thing Gemeos.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

For the top two the time spent accepting donations is negligible compared to getting 5b xp, and for others it varies so much. You can average 9-10m/hr from QBD at the moment once you get used to it, not sure what gp/hr Nex would be at the moment. The gloves and boots are going on the scale of hundreds of millions, so I guess it could be quite profitable right now.

Investing only takes a few seconds to put your offers in, flipping requires more time spent at the ge. Merchanting in general would vary so much from player to player that it would be hard to give a generally accepted rate. It is assumed in the time calc at the moment that making money takes 0 time. Obviously this isn't the case, but for comparison purposes, it's not too big of a problem.

Ty, it was my suggestion.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Ty, it was my suggestion.

ty for suggesting it

Does the time calc allow for money making time too? If so whats the standard rate for a max char to make money?

My calculator assumes zero time for money making because not like top players pick flax for their gp. Most of them merch (and it's impossible to find gp/hr of merching because it depends on too many factors obviously). Also, if I included some number for money making, it wouldn't be accurate for those that make more or even less than that number.

This is also a good answer:

If someone inherited $1 billion or they made $1b from hard work, with nothing to begin from.. which is the bigger achievement?

The first option isn't even a achievement unless you killed the person from whom you inherited.

If someone inherited $1 billion or they made $1b from hard work, with nothing to begin from.. which is the bigger achievement?

Obviously the first is the bigger achievement, in that regard. However, that analogy is completely flawed assuming you're talking about who is the 'best' runescape player.

In your post, making $1B is the end goal. So it would be more appropriately compared to: Which is a bigger achievement - Inheriting a maxed account, or maxing an account yourself?

A more appropriate, but similar analogy, would be doing something great with the $1B. Where making money isn't the overall goal, and instead a means to an end. Obviously, assuming everything else is equal, the person that had to make their own money could be said to have the greater achievement assuming they both reach the goal in a similar fashion. However, if the person who inherited the money achieved that goal faster (excluding time making money), more efficiently, and with greater dedication; I would argue that is the better achievement - assuming the money making is only a small portion of the overall achievement.

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is the fact that a lot of people focus on the process of a goal, whereas other people only focus on the end result of the goal. There's a business model for this dynamic-- where some people are better suited for low-paying jobs they enjoy, while others are better suited for high-paying jobs they don't enjoy. In other words, the first group doesn't necessarily need the money to be happy because their jobs make them happy. The second group's jobs are stressful/boring, but the money they earn compensates for that.

So when it comes to RS, hopefully if you aren't enjoying the challenge you've set for yourself, then the benefit for completing the goal will outweigh the required time and effort commitments.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

You kinda touched on something there that I think might be the answer to this. If you view it as only a means to an end, then the least amount of work is the best. If you value the journey as more important than just the end, then more work put in is best.

EDIT: My post was in response to Deletion but it seems muggi said more or less the same thing as I was finishing up typing this post lol.

• Like 2

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Obviously the first is the bigger achievement, in that regard. However, that analogy is completely flawed assuming you're talking about who is the 'best' runescape player.

In your post, making $1B is the end goal. So it would be more appropriately compared to: Which is a bigger achievement - Inheriting a maxed account, or maxing an account yourself?

A more appropriate, but similar analogy, would be doing something great with the $1B. Where making money isn't the overall goal, and instead a means to an end. Obviously, assuming everything else is equal, the person that had to make their own money could be said to have the greater achievement assuming they both reach the goal in a similar fashion. However, if the person who inherited the money achieved that goal faster (excluding time making money), more efficiently, and with greater dedication; I would argue that is the better achievement - assuming the money making is only a small portion of the overall achievement.

Still, one was given the tools to succeed and one had to work for it. Why does only the 2nd half (excluding the money making) of the process effect the achievement when it should be viewed as a whole. I do honestly think Suomi is the greatest player if you take everything into consideration, but if you take out donations I do think others would've had a chance.

Boredom.png

I'm not disagreeing with with anything you said in that second post. I was more implying that your analogy from the first post was flawed in the context you were using it in.

As for your question: I agree that it should be viewed as a whole, and someone who was equal to Suomi in dedication (overall time input), consistency, and efficiency, except made their own money, you could argue is a greater achievement (although if Suomi did it first, that argument also has merits).

But in the argument of who is the greatest player of all time:

in my opinion, everyone values different attributes differently, and therefore it is very hard to compare different achievements, and therefore hard to unequivocally say who is the greatest player of all time. Hence there are many players that could be considered amongst the greatest.

• Like 2

I'm not disagreeing with with anything you said in that second post. I was more implying that your analogy from the first post was flawed in the context you were using it in.

As for your question: I agree that it should be viewed as a whole, and someone who was equal to Suomi in dedication (overall time input), consistency, and efficiency, except made their own money, you could argue is a greater achievement (although if Suomi did it first, that argument also has merits).

But in the argument of who is the greatest player of all time:

in my opinion, everyone values different attributes differently, and therefore it is very hard to compare different achievements, and therefore hard to unequivocally say who is the greatest player of all time. Hence there are many players that could be considered amongst the greatest.

I agree with this 100%.. everyone has their own idea of the greatest player. Too many things can be put into consideration to actually say.. "the greatest"

Boredom.png

[hide]1t6ll.png[/hide]

One year of Suomi being rank 1. Almost 4.5m xp/day gains. Very impressive. At that pace he'll get 200m all at the end of November :). With that same pace, however, Farming will be mid-January. Either way, interesting. It looks like it'll be almost exactly a two-year gap between every 200m being achieved and the same person achieving every 200m

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

[hide]1t6ll.png[/hide]

One year of Suomi being rank 1. Almost 4.5m xp/day gains. Very impressive. At that pace he'll get 200m all at the end of November :). With that same pace, however, Farming will be mid-January. Either way, interesting. It looks like it'll be almost exactly a two-year gap between every 200m being achieved and the same person achieving every 200m

You fail to consider his recently increased pace in farming that actually puts him much sooner last I checked, in fact he did a couple 4m weeks iirc when I was checking which puts him at around november as well.

Since it's pretty clear that bar his death, Suomi will get 200m all first, who will be second, if anyone?

Drumgun could be, if he decides that he does, in fact, want 200m slayer and farming. He would be my choice hands down if he already had nearly 200m slay and a strong start on farming. Assuming he doesn't go for it, I would bet on Elvis or Dragonseance. Jake's another possibility, of course, but unless he has a stack of cash hidden away somewhere, I think those two are more likely. We'll have to wait quite a while to see, at any rate, so new skills and faster xp rates could be factors.

Zeni.png

Drumgun could be, if he decides that he does, in fact, want 200m slayer and farming. He would be my choice hands down if he already had nearly 200m slay and a strong start on farming. Assuming he doesn't go for it, I would bet on Elvis or Dragonseance. Jake's another possibility, of course, but unless he has a stack of cash hidden away somewhere, I think those two are more likely. We'll have to wait quite a while to see, at any rate, so new skills and faster xp rates could be factors.

It's basically unknowable since at least one new skill will be released before anyone else gets close. Then it will be interesting to see if Suomi decides to go for 200M in the new skill(s), or just says 'forget it, my work here is done'.

If I were pressed for a vote, it would be Dragonseance.

Jake has the advantage, but there are a lot of factors, including possible new skill and continued dedication, and having the money available.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014