200M in all Skills

Makilio

Has anyone looked into polyphasic sleep as a way to gain more exp a day? The was it works is you change your sleeping pattern to 6 20 minute periods per day, so you sleep for a total of 2 hours a day. could lessen the actual days till 200m all due to being able to play 22 hours a day lol.

Elias:I played about 20 hours per day whole June and a bit into July this year(2011), I have never played that much for such a long period of time before.

Source:http://www.tip.it/ru...view-with-elias

thumperton.png

Has anyone looked into polyphasic sleep as a way to gain more exp a day? The was it works is you change your sleeping pattern to 6 20 minute periods per day, so you sleep for a total of 2 hours a day. could lessen the actual days till 200m all due to being able to play 22 hours a day lol.

Elias:I played about 20 hours per day whole June and a bit into July this year(2011), I have never played that much for such a long period of time before.

Source:http://www.tip.it/ru...view-with-elias

that could have been a form of polyphasic sleep. or just short monophasic sleep. I've read up on it and haven't decided if i want to give it a go or not yet. i could do a lot with an extra 6 hours of awake time a day :D

Don't bring that into this thread. For 200M all skills's concern, it gives total xp and total levels, therefore it is and will be considered a skill.

I was simply stating my opinion, I am well aware it's considered a skill by most runescapers and most definately considered a skill by all maxed players and the 200mil 'scapers.

I just really hope the new skills are nothing like dg. Which i'm very hopeful they won't be considering they're gathering and processing skills which pretty much rules out any possibility of it being like dg.

Dg is a skill. It takes longer to learn, but once you have done it's just as much about repetition as all other skills.

yea alot of people don't like the team aspect though. personally its still my favorite skill cept i have 200m in it :P but if i didn't have awesome friends it would be least favorite.
StarViv.png

I've been getting ~250k/h - -270k/h with some easy and i was limited to batwing (50 Def) and ABS. I'm positive that with good use of the ability bar, adrenaline potions and max gear 300k+ would be a breeze.

What monster were you killing?

Oo, looks like Elvis has less hours to 5b than Jake as well now - even if it is a small difference.

Oh yes, sorry about the wrong order.

Just a side-note for any one who is planning on testing this; From my experience and according to the EoC thread, to get the best kill-speed with Magic it is worth waiting for an auto-attack to fire then using an ability rather than just ability-spamming like Melee and Range due to the way staves (and wands) work (damage from your weapon is not added to abilities). I'm sure someone else can give a more in-depth explanation than me.

More in depth;) :

Spamming ability bar means only 1 hit per action, whereas if you wait for auto attack then hit an ability you get 2 hits per that one action. This is so because the auto attack hit does not stack onto the ability hits so when you spam abilities you only hit the hit value from the ability rather than both combined

NpxIK.png

Apologies that I was not able to write an update for you guys today. I have finals for the semester from Monday to Wednesday and just haven't had the time to pull away and write it. If anyone wants to write one for me this week I'd be very appreciative (December 2nd through December 8th update). If not, after my finals I'll try to throw atleast something together for you guys :P.

Great to see some posts from Suomi and Jake here XD, this thread seems to be becoming alive again :P.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Apologies that I was not able to write an update for you guys today. I have finals for the semester from Monday to Wednesday and just haven't had the time to pull away and write it. If anyone wants to write one for me this week I'd be very appreciative (December 2nd through December 8th update). If not, after my finals I'll try to throw atleast something together for you guys :P.

Great to see some posts from Suomi and Jake here XD, this thread seems to be becoming alive again :P.

Yeah I figured it was about time I made an account here and started checking more often and posting a little, someone used to paste me the weekly updates you did over IRC, I really liked reading those :P

• Like 1

Glacors are 350 -400k magic/range xp an hour also 130-150k hp exp, this is only if you know how to kill glacors though.

For range you use void/royal cross bow with ability's.

For magic you use void/chaotic staff with ability's.

If you suck at pvm im sure you still will beable to get 250-300k xp an hour at glacors so beats out maging mithrils.

Glacors are 350 -400k magic/range xp an hour also 130-150k hp exp, this is only if you know how to kill glacors though.

For range you use void/royal cross bow with ability's.

For magic you use void/chaotic staff with ability's.

If you suck at pvm im sure you still will beable to get 250-300k xp an hour at glacors so beats out maging mithrils.

God, make a vid and post it here

• Like 2

Looks as if Drumgun is training slayer now?

Also, Jake is closing in on 200m construction, less than 10m experience to go.

Carcass has some nice attack experience gains at the moment too, does anyone know where he is training?

Slayer looks to average about 500k exp/hr when you include constitution/range/mage/melee/slayer experience. Slayer itself averages probably 85k-105k exp/hr depending on how quick you are at switching gear and getting to your next task. The cutoff for skipping a task looks to be about 70-75k if you only count slayer experience. But for 200M purposes, you should look at the bigger picture and go by the total exp/hr which varies a little. For example, Steel Dragons are ~35k more slay/exp per hour than Hellhounds, but Hellhounds are more total exp/hr.

I'm still far from having all the best methods figured out, and I can't seem to reproduce the exp rates that some others are claiming, but I'm also not using a Steel Titan on any tasks (thus far, too tryhard) and only using a cannon on a few.

In any case, I'm enjoying the combat changes and rediscovering the best ways to kill things.

Slayer looks to average about 500k exp/hr when you include constitution/range/mage/melee/slayer experience. Slayer itself averages probably 85k-105k exp/hr depending on how quick you are at switching gear and getting to your next task. The cutoff for skipping a task looks to be about 70-75k if you only count slayer experience. But for 200M purposes, you should look at the bigger picture and go by the total exp/hr which varies a little. For example, Steel Dragons are ~35k more slay/exp per hour than Hellhounds, but Hellhounds are more total exp/hr.

I'm still far from having all the best methods figured out, and I can't seem to reproduce the exp rates that some others are claiming, but I'm also not using a Steel Titan on any tasks (thus far, too tryhard) and only using a cannon on a few.

In any case, I'm enjoying the combat changes and rediscovering the best ways to kill things.

Rather than total xp/hour, you should look for the total time saved, since different skills are worth different amounts of time.

• Like 2

I'm getting ~250k magic xp/h at glacors. I may not know all tricks but i really doubt all rates over 300k

You have to kill over 55 glacors a hour to reach 350k-400k magic/range xp an hour, if you are getting 250k xp you are killing under 40 an hour.

I must admit, seeing the positions changing on the time calc updates disappoints me a bit. It reminds me of what a few maxed f2pers (and retired top players) have said, memorably so by Syzygy during his Tip.it interview. What's the point in competing for #1 when every new update invalidates the work you've done so far. What's the point in having trained slow skills first when they're likely to be subjectively ruined by faster exp rates down the line. You can argue that the sensible choice is that if an exp rate/method of training feels too good to be true, then make use of it. Isn't that just the mentality used by bug abusers though? Trying to get an unfair advantage over everyone else. I can't speak on behalf of Phoenix Odin or LarryR, but the exp that they gained sure doesn't feel like it's in the same skill as Suomi or Dragonseance to name a few. I'm not criticising the players, more the game. In a race to 200m all, the numbers next to each players total exp are fairly incomparable unless they used the same methods. Even the thought of getting 200m all in the most/least time is pretty irrelevant unless there is some sort of multiplier involved with every method of every skill. I'm not saying to favour people who choose to get 200m mining with copper and bronze, because it's inefficient, more so that 200m mining at iron ore would be a 10x, granite an 8x, gold a 7x or whatnot. For me it would make the whole race far more interesting, as the time calc has tried to do, but tries in vain because the figures in the calculator don't represent hours played, efficiency or even cost, of anyone who played before the most recent update of the figures used.

Tl:Dr

Jebrim's 200m agility on acc 1 isn't the same as it was on acc 2, or the same as it will be on acc 3. They're all varying difficulties and as such the different achievements deserve different merit.

Just as 200m cooking isn't as impressive as 200m agility (in any era)

Looks as if Drumgun is training slayer now?

Also, Jake is closing in on 200m construction, less than 10m experience to go.

Carcass has some nice attack experience gains at the moment too, does anyone know where he is training?

200m should be on wednesday :)