200M in all Skills

Makilio

Le quote train [hide]

Everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat, so that argument is invalid

Everyone minus one.

And don't way it would be different if I was actually in the situation because I have been there.

If that's truly the case, then you're either on a "do-it-yourself" path, a path that is NOT followed by every player, and while fun, is quite frivolous, meaning that it is not logical for you to pretentiously compare yourself to someone who plays the game by making the best use of its features. That's the same as comparing a level 3 skiller to a player that trains combat - the skiller is putting that goal in front of themselves, and has no one to blame if it's more difficult.

The second reason you wouldn't accept donations is a psychological one - it's not that you don't want the money/have an interest in it, but rather you're denying it for the sake of being able to say you denied it. It's basic human psychology - If I offered the money to you right now, you'd say no, just because you don't want me to think that you'd ever accept it. But if someone offered such a large sum of money to you, and you know that no one would ever find out, unless you don't accept it for the previous reason I mentioned, you would be more than willing to take it.

No I just prefer to earn things myself, you made all the wrong assumptions about my personality. Whether people find out or not is irrelevant because I know that I took it. I am not one of those players who complains about the game getting easier with updates such as runespan, nor am I the type of player who boasts "I did this when it was hard", I am proud of the achievements that I did at the time. Why must people think that runescape is a game of dominance?

[/hide]

If you didn't care whether or not people knew you took it, you wouldn't have responded in such a defensive manner. You said that you prefer to earn everything yourself, and all I'm saying is that you're doing that not because you find it amoral to accept donations, but because your goal is to do so without them.

I responded defensively to you stereotyping people, not to my own stance on the issue. I do find it amoral to accept donations and as such my was to get to where I am without them, where are you getting these conclusions from? I don't only reject donations in runescape. And whatever my reason is for rejecting it your post generalising all the people on this thread was wrong.

Suomi said that accepting donations was a mistake, so if he was able to wind back time that would be 2 posters on this thread.

^Aren't you the one who claimed that everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat?

I was, and I completely realize how poorly worded that was. I intended to say that one would want the 100M, not necessarily accept it.

That is not what you intended to say. The post you replied to said "(who doesn't want free money right?)" in it- to which you replied "Everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat, so that argument is invalid" and now you are saying that what you intended to say was that anyone on this thread would want free money. You are twisting your words to suit the situation.

• Like 1

No one can fathom the motives of another person. I can't know whether you wouldn't accept a 100m donation, or only say that but would accept one if you had guarantee that it would never leak. (which ofcourse you may never have such assurance so would never accept it) I would like to believe that there are people who wouldn't ever change their mind regardless, but I don't have that much faith in people.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Le quote train [hide]

Everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat, so that argument is invalid

Everyone minus one.

And don't way it would be different if I was actually in the situation because I have been there.

If that's truly the case, then you're either on a "do-it-yourself" path, a path that is NOT followed by every player, and while fun, is quite frivolous, meaning that it is not logical for you to pretentiously compare yourself to someone who plays the game by making the best use of its features. That's the same as comparing a level 3 skiller to a player that trains combat - the skiller is putting that goal in front of themselves, and has no one to blame if it's more difficult.

The second reason you wouldn't accept donations is a psychological one - it's not that you don't want the money/have an interest in it, but rather you're denying it for the sake of being able to say you denied it. It's basic human psychology - If I offered the money to you right now, you'd say no, just because you don't want me to think that you'd ever accept it. But if someone offered such a large sum of money to you, and you know that no one would ever find out, unless you don't accept it for the previous reason I mentioned, you would be more than willing to take it.

No I just prefer to earn things myself, you made all the wrong assumptions about my personality. Whether people find out or not is irrelevant because I know that I took it. I am not one of those players who complains about the game getting easier with updates such as runespan, nor am I the type of player who boasts "I did this when it was hard", I am proud of the achievements that I did at the time. Why must people think that runescape is a game of dominance?

[/hide]

If you didn't care whether or not people knew you took it, you wouldn't have responded in such a defensive manner. You said that you prefer to earn everything yourself, and all I'm saying is that you're doing that not because you find it amoral to accept donations, but because your goal is to do so without them.

Responding to inaccuracies is not the definition of being defensive. Admit it, you made some poor generalizations. Instead of continuing to shape your poor assumption to some general line of agreeableness, why not accept that there are more reasons than you can fathom for why one would not (or would for that matter) accept a donation.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

Will we ever get another top 15 update?

I think Eti has fallen off the face of Gielnor as it were, so if someone wants to step up, go for it

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Le quote train [hide]

Everyone minus one.

[/hide]

Responding to inaccuracies is not the definition of being defensive. Admit it, you made some poor generalizations. Instead of continuing to shape your poor assumption to some general line of agreeableness, why not accept that there are more reasons than you can fathom for why one would not (or would for that matter) accept a donation.

I think if you read my explanation, you'll see that I realize that it was not worded well. If I expected it to be contested I would have obviously said it differently.

Since I've explained the original intentions I had with my statement and said that I didn't want to continue it, I realize that now would be a convenient time to attack what I said, instead of doing so when I was actively defending it. If you actually care about the subject, and aren't responding simply because the other viewers of the thread will see, feel free to send me a private message - I'd be more than willing to explain my opinions.

Lol don't make this out to be some conveniently planned out attack/me kicking you when you're down. I simply saw a ridiculous statement (more so being the defensiveness than your generalization) and felt compelled to comment.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

Le quote train [hide]

Everyone minus one.

[/hide]

I think if you read my explanation, you'll see that I realize that it was not worded well. If I expected it to be contested I would have obviously said it differently.

Since I've explained the original intentions I had with my statement and said that I didn't want to continue it, I realize that now would be a convenient time to attack what I said, instead of doing so when I was actively defending it. If you actually care about the subject, and aren't responding simply because the other viewers of the thread will see, feel free to send me a private message - I'd be more than willing to explain my opinions.

Lol don't make this out to be some conveniently planned out attack/me kicking you when you're down. I simply saw a ridiculous statement (more so being the defensiveness than your generalization) and felt compelled to comment.

smile.png I'm sure you saw my explanation too then, seeing as the comment you quoted came after it.

Again another false assumption. I read it and commented. Didn't feel the need to read everything posted and THEN comment. Probably should have, but what's done is done.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

Accepting all 100m donations towards my never getting a single 200m goal... pm me on tip.it.

That's kinda impossible because we all undeniably belive that you will hit 199,999,999 xp in every skill soon.

If you knew my view on xp past 99/120, you'd know it will never happen. If jagex were to go back on their word (been a habit lately) and increase all levels to 120 or whatever, i'd finally be able to quit this game after 11 years.

• Like 1

If you knew my view on xp past 99/120, you'd know it will never happen. If jagex were to go back on their word (been a habit lately) and increase all levels to 120 or whatever, i'd finally be able to quit this game after 11 years.

My view, too, is the same. And I have also been playing for roughly just as long. I also agree on the bit about them utterly failing to keep their word.