200M in all Skills

Makilio

You are 100% correct. Buying spins isn't RWT. Taking cash for shoutouts on a YT channel, is.

If you were being sarcastic, ignore the below.

Buying spins is absolutely RWT. You are paying real money for an in game advantage. However Jagex twist their rules to get around it is irrelevant.

Youtube shoutouts are not RWT. Alkan doesn't pay real money for his gp, he just advertises on his channel. You don't need to be successful IRL to have a successful YT channel. You do have to be at least moderately wealthy irl to afford to buy a lot of spins like the guy in that pic.

I'm using the real version of the RWT rule here, as in "we don't want a player's real life status to affect their status in game." The bullshit Jagex twisted that rule into is a joke and should be ignored as far as I'm concerned.

Asmodean <3

Youtube shoutouts are not RWT. Alkan doesn't pay real money for his gp, he just advertises on his channel. You don't need to be successful IRL to have a successful YT channel.

Outside of rs is real life.

Hardly, there is plenty of stuff that is outside of RS but isn't part of real life. Other MMOs, pen and paper RPGs etc.

Asmodean <3

Youtube shoutouts are not RWT. Alkan doesn't pay real money for his gp, he just advertises on his channel. You don't need to be successful IRL to have a successful YT channel.

Hardly, there is plenty of stuff that is outside of RS but isn't part of real life. Other MMOs, pen and paper RPGs etc.

Its quite obvious that the old rwt rule is meant to mean you shouldn't exchange something outside rs for something inside rs. The term "real life" is just a simple term chosen because it fits the most foreseeable types of rwt.
  • Like 3

Its quite obvious that the old rwt rule is meant to mean you shouldn't exchange something outside rs for something inside rs. The term "real life" is just a simple term chosen because it fits the most foreseeable types of rwt.

I see what you mean, yeah I guess I was wrong and Alkan's shoutouts would fall under RWT. The main point was that buying spins on SoF is RWT though.

Edit: It's gaining an advantage in game through external methods. There's no actual real money being exchanged for gp though, so idk...

Asmodean <3

Guys, please check out my latest article for the Tip.It Times.

Unfathomable

The article is about S U O M I.

S U O M I, sorry I did not get your permission before writing this article! I hope you are okay with it.

I don't mind at all :P

Thank you so much, I just read it and it's very well written :D

I saw your post about it few days ago and was looking forward to reading it. Thanks a lot for the kind words :)

EDIT: @Don Auror LOL this isn't like Finland winning the eurovision or hockey :P

Haha but always makes me laugh when you say "torilla tavataan", I remember Lordi used to wave a sign saying that when they won the eurovision, lol was so epic.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article! You really inspired me, so it was the least I could have done to show my gratitude.

If you don't have a bunch of haters, you might not be as successful as you think you are.

So that's why Runescape's so successful... :twss:

I liked the article. :thumbup:

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

If you don't have a bunch of haters, you might not be as successful as you think you are.

It's not about the person, it's about the method. As much as people like to make it personal.

And trading WOW cash for RS Cash would constitute a RWT.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

lol people taking it to a personal level

i worked for my youtube to get to the level of doing shoutouts you wanna work at it you go ahead, a year + of videos everyday

+ if suomi posted this picture you would all go waw that guy a loser he buying spins!

personal yo.

I didn't take it personally. I just simply pointed out your hypocrisy.

Only now have you come to realise Alkan is a huge hypocrit? Back when he didn't have the mass subscribers - who think their male organ grows by subbing to him - he always talked down on accepting donations/doing shoutouts for gp/dicing/etc yet look at him now. Advertising something he made a video about saying that it should be banned from rs.

The hypocrisy he has when it comes to gaining money or something is insane and if it weren't for the fact that his subs are probably the average age of 12 then he wouldn't be anywhere youtube based.

Also here's a fun fact: Alkan bought spins himself in the past :) Hypocrisy at its best

• Like 1

Also here's a fun fact: Alkan bought spins himself in the past :) Hypocrisy at its best

Humans change as time passes, just because he has bought spins at a certain point in the past doesn't mean he can't change his position regarding bought spins.

Guys, please check out my latest article for the Tip.It Times.

Unfathomable

The article is about S U O M I.

S U O M I, sorry I did not get your permission before writing this article! I hope you are okay with it.

Great read and was also printed at world 99, happens to be my home world for years :wub:

I can already feel the anxiety to see "dat 200m all wall"

will look damm preety

Lol that 95% is bs but dw I understand, people are jealous and like to twist things around. Already in RSC I used to have party hat set and other rares, ofc they were a lot cheaper back then and I just used to stand in Varrock World 1 making money. I was careless back then and trusted the wrong people and ended up losing most of them, ofc back then I didn't think "hey I am gonna keep all this and get 5b xp after 10 years". You can't plan things like that.

I lost most of my rares from RSC but even before free trade was released I had many rares in my bank, I wasn't planning to sell them though. They were special to me and their street price was so much higher than GE price. Also had 200M Fletching, 100M Fishing and almost 200M Cooking before even starting to accept donations. Also 200M Mining/Smith/Magic was mostly my own money. People overreacted about how much money I am making with max trades rofl.

I know I don't merch but investing in rares isn't hard + I made at least 10b+ from my bonus xp weekend investments.

People are just jealous and make things up, thats the way it will always be. Even before I started accepting donations people used to gather around me when I was fletching at ge, fishing at barb or doing barb agi course and say I bot and share my account etc etc. It's just the way it is, some people just love to hate on each other.

I don't wanna concentrate on the haters though because I have been getting lots of support and will always appreciate that.

Hey sorry man wasnt hating and im not jealous. I do respect that you have made more money that i thought tho. Really didnt mean to offend, i was just trying to make a comparison showing that shout outs and similar forms of donations have been more accepted than buying spins.

Been lurking this thead for a very, very long time. Longer than most of the people that post in it. Also been following s u o m i's xp gains for just as long; when he was not even maxed. I first started playing RS just under 10 years ago, and in that time I have seen the rankings go through every combination that people might consider to be the best. Never felt the urge to post here before since I’ve disliked the RS community since day 1.

I'm tired of people bringing up the fact that suomi accepted donations...do you really think that without donations, suomi (the player with the greatest tolerance in the game to grinding) would have just sat there thinking 'I have no money :/' ?

Congratulations S U O M I, greatest scaper of all time, once you reach 5 billion xp I will never return to the runescape website again (only do so now to check your gains).

You have raised the standard of what it takes to be a top ranked player, I doubt anyone would have even set the goal of '200m xp in all skills' seriously without seeing your gains.

• Like 2

Humans change as time passes, just because he has bought spins at a certain point in the past doesn't mean he can't change his position regarding bought spins.

Humans change their position, sure, but giving other people shit about it after you've done the exact same thing? Insane

• Like 1

Humans change their position, sure, but giving other people shit about it after you've done the exact same thing? Insane

If it was something you would still do, sure.

god damn i hate these [bleep] who say that suomi got 200m all just because he was accepting donations...

come back with that argument when you reach 200mill agi, mining, fishing, slayer etc and made 25b by urself...

edit: also big respect to suomi that he is still so nice to everyone, even to the haters which i really don't understand, if i were suomi i'd just say "[bleep] you haters, do first what i did stupid [bleep]"

god damn i hate these [bleep] who say that suomi got 200m all just because he was accepting donations...

come back with that argument when you reach 200mill agi, mining, fishing, slayer etc and made 25b by urself...

edit: also big respect to suomi that he is still so nice to everyone, even to the haters which i really don't understand, if i were suomi i'd just say "[bleep] you haters, do first what i did stupid [bleep]"

no other top page player deserves it more than suomi

5Lfnu.png

The fact is, that he has accepted donations, a shitload of them. It is logical, that people talk about his donations; Even SUOMI understands that. The donations will always be a part of his journey to 5b, that's unavoidable. But suomi has learned to accept that, and pretty much the vast majority of the people.

And no, I don't have anything against Suomi, I have myself donated cash to him, even though the amount wasn't that high, but atleast I helped a bit (hopefully) :)

Zarfot #1

• Like 2

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!