200M in all Skills

Makilio

One thing nobody seems to be mentioning, is how insurmountable purely training the 4.6/4.8/5B xp appeared 3-5 years ago. Now add to that the time required to pay for it. Now factor in that RS is not going to be here forever, and you see that 200M all skills could well have been seen as a race against time, not against anyone else. What was the original estimate suomi thought it would take him? 10 years? If he went and made the cash beforehand, it would far decrease the chances of him reaching his goal before RS may or may not have ended.

For the sake of completeness, Suomi could after 200M all skills go and earn the money he received as donations. Does the order matter that much?

What if he had a list of all people who made donations and planned on reimbursing them after getting 200M all?

One thing nobody seems to be mentioning, is how insurmountable purely training the 4.6/4.8/5B xp appeared 3-5 years ago. Now add to that the time required to pay for it. Now factor in that RS is not going to be here forever, and you see that 200M all skills could well have been seen as a race against time, not against anyone else. What was the original estimate suomi thought it would take him? 10 years? If he went and made the cash beforehand, it would far decrease the chances of him reaching his goal before RS may or may not have ended.

For the sake of completeness, Suomi could after 200M all skills go and earn the money he received as donations. Does the order matter that much?

What if he had a list of all people who made donations and planned on reimbursing them after getting 200M all?

We should start calling them "loans," not "donations" if that's the case :P And slap on some interest rates too while we're at it haha :D

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Good one

I think its cool how a lot of people donated when he was nowhere near 200m alls. They must've knew there was something different about Suomi, something about him that shined above the rest going for it. I mean.. anyone can ask for donations but not anyone will convince you.

P.S. We should get a final update before Suomi achieves all 200ms. :)

Boredom.png

He has been the closest to 200m in all skills long before he was at the top of the high scores. In fact people were discussing suomi on page 10 of this thread or so. So its only natural that people were willing to donate to him.

There is ofcourse a wide range of variable opinions. You might not accept donations because of moral/ethical principle. You might not accept merely because you don't want to be "that guy who got rich off someone else" However, many people will accept donations, for varying reasons.

You might disagree with it. But you probably can't convince everyone that your reason is right. (whether it is or not).

These both fall into the categories that I mentioned; If your principle is "I must do it myself," then you fall into the first category I mentioned. This is you choosing to not accept the donations, because your goal is to complete task x without having someone else pay for it. That is not everyone's goal, so your playstyle is not relevant to their outcome.

Other reasons that fit here:

•Friend bet you that you couldn't achieve task x without accepting y

•You want to know if x is possible without y

•Two people racing to see who can accomplish x first without y

•Government giving out huge checks to anyone that can accomplish 200M all without accepting any donations

•ANY reason where you can chose whether or not you accept donations falls into this category

Not wanting to be "That guy who got rich off of someone else" directly falls into my second category, the person who doesn't want others to think that they'd accept them. "You don't want to be that guy" is shaped around how others perceive "that guy" to be - you're tailoring yourself to not look as if you're one of those people, which means that you care what people who don't like "that guy" think, and as such, don't want them to think that you're "that guy."

The type of categories you're creating is ridiculous.

You can't analyze the general population with your own beliefs and what you believe others motivation are.

As for the donations and in part the SOF (lol @ the guy who want's to discuss donations separately when the debate primarily arouse around SOF)

It's simple, when you do anything in life you know that there will be people who support it and those who frown upon it. If you choose to through with it you should accept that the people who frown upon it to let it be known for whatever reason it may be that they don't agree the path you choose. Is this how communities should be like? No, probably not. However it's usually how situations arrange themselves.

To SUOMI, I have no problems with accepting donations. Though, with that being said stop the complaining about the haters in a sarcastic manner or how much hate you get for accepting donations. With all the hate, there is plenty of support too. The last thing you want is to turn into Drumgun and start moaning about anything and everything. Take this like it is, I mean this in a positive manner, but I doubt you will see it like that.

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

Haha :P

Tbh at least 80%+ of my donations were from big stakers, they made that kinda money in one single stake. Also some stakers wanted to stake me and if I won they helped me out. I didn't have to stake anything though. Also they contacted me first, I didn't even know they had any idea who I am. Was really surprised and when I asked why they decided to help me out they said they wanted to do something meaningful instead of selling it for real life gp.

Also of course I got tons of smaller donations too and they were as important too. I never asked for donations after free trade was released, I already stopped asking for donations when I got 200M Mining October 2010. Back then I didn't even know free trade was coming out but it was just too much hassle to have huge fights about 10K donations. Of course when free trade was released most people already knew that I accepted donations so I didn't even have to ask.

After free trade was released I only took donations from my closest friends, like Jebrim. At the time I was doing Zmi to 200M Runecrafting. I know it was waste of time but my goal wasn't to get 5B in the least time possible anyway and I have always enjoyed unbuyable slow skills the most. If you want, you can go back few 100 of pages and there was some argument going on about 200M Runecrafting, I was seriously going for 200M Rc at zmi and then do pvm for buyables but people changed my mind, most people were saying it's effigy waste and I should just effigy it which I did later.

And I am so glad people changed my mind, this game has gone downhill so fast lately. I don't even bother arguing with people about donations anymore, it's a game and trust me there is so much more bigger things to worry about than someone accepting free pixels for a goal that took me at least 30k hours anyway. 30K hours is already a big sacrfice, well I enjoyed it for the most part but it took me so long and I was always concentrating on the 200M all skills goal. Also most of the time I was clicking nonstop, like 200M Agility/Mining/Fishing. Even when I was doing Cave crawlers, I was checking drops nonstop for charms and effigies. If I would have missed effigies it would have wasted so much time. If I was doing skills where I had little time do something else I was answering people's questions most of the time, like before free trade when I was asking max trades I always had private on and answered anyone unless they were trying to annoy me. People always knew where I am and what I am doing. I remember helping some new players too with the game lol, I remember it reminded me of the times when I started playing myself so I was happy to help back then. Idk how they decided to message me though.

Haven't accepted donations in so long time now and I donated pretty much everything I had left to the people helping me with c2 wcing. Also about my 200M Wc, some people were under the impression I got it ALL from c2 wc. Which isn't even close to the truth lol. I got almost 100M Woodcutting before urns were even released, powercut teaks. Also I had 99 Woodcutting ages ago before teaks were even released, already had 81 wc in rsc. Also it's not my fault that there is something so silly like c2 skilling, I don't like it tbh. Also donations have been here since start of rs, I wasn't the first player to accept donations. Back then people didn't even look down on helping each other like now, community has changed so much. So many other top players have also accepted donations over the years, I remember when Gertjaars was rank 1 he did paid shoutouts for smoking mils on yt, was still amazing to see him hit 2B Xp though. Also currently there are some top players saying they never will/never have accepted donations even though I know for sure they have and they would take donations if they had the chance. Not going to name any though, I don't mind and I am happy for them.

Also when people say I got all my xp from donations they don't even realise I have been playing for almost 11 years now, that's lots of time to make money etc. Lots of things have happened in that time, I just didn't suddenly appear out of nowhere and say give all your hard earned gp to my 200m all skills goal right now pls.

But yeah I will stop posting now about this donation bs, thanks once again everyone. :)

EDIT: But yeah, seriously gonna stop posting about these negative things. There has been so many nice messages lately so I don't want it to look like I just ignore those and pay attention to negative ones. I guess I just wanted to explain that choosing to accept donations wasn't as simple as some people could think. Back then people thought 200M all skills was literally impossible, of course I was happy to take all the help I could get. Also Rs hasn't been fair for me always either.

• Like 1

Well not really anything big, just take good care of my health and will be visiting Lapland more often now. I always get peace of mind when going there. Before rs I used to skii competively but I was so much younger then and if I wanted to become professional I would have had to dedicate my whole life to it which was something I didn't want to. Idk if dedicating my life to rs was much better decision haha, but people do silly things :P Could have done something a lot worse I guess.

But yeah my long-term goal will be just to take good care of myself, take it easy and not end up doing something crazy again lol.

Wow guys, I write an article about not sowing the seeds of negativity in light of this momentous occasion.

What do people do? Argue about donations.

Well, at least I can say I tried. :P

S U O M I, it seems that you will not continue RuneScape after maxing out (or at least, you will not play it as intensely as right now), especially since you say the game is going downhill. Do you have any plans to play other games? (I don't mean creating insane goals, just playing games for fun. :P)

Wow guys, I write an article about not sowing the seeds of negativity in light of this momentous occasion.

What do people do? Argue about donations.

Well, at least I can say I tried. :P

S U O M I, it seems that you will not continue RuneScape after maxing out (or at least, you will not play it as intensely as right now), especially since you say the game is going downhill. Do you have any plans to play other games? (I don't mean creating insane goals, just playing games for fun. :P)

Nonono, it was great article. Really loved reading it, will always remember it. :D Was suprised how good it was tbh.

The argument wasn't even that bad compared to before, maybe I shouldn't have written that wall of text. I wasn't annoyed or anything, just wanted to clear things up a bit. Mostly been positive posts lately.

Hmm and not sure about other games but might get all 99s slowly in RSC. Also if Jagex would release those old game servers from 2006-2011 or whatever, tbh I see there is like 0,000001% chance of them doing something so amazing but would love to start fresh there and get all 99s at least.

Also of course I could try some other games too, will see.

EDIT: Btw just read the thread about the tip.it articles this week and wanted to say that dw about the things people were saying about your article. You were just trying to be positive, people don't have to take it so seriously. I know some things you said were a bit too nice but no need to take it word for word :P

Tbh for myself this 5B doesn't feel like a big thing, just feels like any other 200M skill before. Tbh just a big relief I am finally done with this, been hard to enjoy this game anymore. Maybe it's good so I don't feel sad I am done with this goal now. I wish I could be as excited as some people are but maybe after sometime I will feel differently.

Anyway it will be amazing to hit 5B finally since then I can finally stop playing hardcore, that will be amazing and who knows what future will bring :D

• Like 1

Suomi, have you ever considered starting DIY account (Do it yourself)? I.e, the only way you can get anything in the game is through your own character, no trading or anything like that. I know of a few players who do that and it's pretty impressive to see them get to high levels all on their own. EIther way, congratulations on nearly getting to your goal, hopefully you'll be able to relax and enjoy the game more after.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I have been playing about the same time as SUOMI (well actually more than that..) and I have 6,3% xp of what he has. [bleep] the donation part - haters gonna hate. People will especially hate on a monumental achievement like the 5B will be. "If you have never had anyone hate on you, you have never done anything worthwhile in your life" (paraphrasing Katt Williams)

Figures that you have competed proffessionally in a sport - that's probably where that kind of resolve stems from. I find myself at loss of words when I think of the achievment, pixels or no pixels, that is a metric-f*ckton of dedication and drive.

What interests me way more than the 5B is though how do you manage to dedicate that much time to RS, I guess you have a decent source of passive income, which makes me jealous.

PS! While Lapland is nice, Oulu area is a lot better. :D

purekilljoy.png

So to get it straight: once you got 200m all skills, you are done with it no matter if there are going to be new skills out?

Would love to see you keep playing tho =D and just get max cape again once new skills are released ;D.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So to get it straight: once you got 200m all skills, you are done with it no matter if there are going to be new skills out?

Would love to see you keep playing tho =D and just get max cape again once new skills are released ;D.

i think he only will continue if he likes the skill, im sure the skill won't be enjoyable, like every new update is

I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't be faster then current methods. I mean you can only take 58 bones to barralack at a time with a Yak. So with all that time spent banking...

It is true that Gert is already over 1/4 of the way to maxing completely. Personally I think Zarfot has a better chance at maxing, he seems to have a more determined get the job done attitude. I still can't see it happening for at least another 3 years though :P

Gertjaars, however, hasn't even started fishing, agility, hunter and mining, has only made very little progress in runecrafting and still needs over 3/4 slayer xp. Those are all very slow skills, with which he definitely won't be able to continue in his current phase. The same goes for Zarfot, yes, he has already maxed some of the most expensive skills, but we all know how "easy" some people make money. It's the slow skills that count. In fact, none of the maxed players are very high on either the agility or mining highscore, which leads me to believe we have to wait a long time, before anyone will "max out".

This is why I tihnk S U O M I will devastate these hiscores when his total lvl reflects his xp. He's doing the long hard stuff first and dominating it.

He has only 91 slayer and 84 runecrafting though.

^Lol'd

I have 200m agility xp. I hear a lot about these subjects.

S U O M I is the most likely, because he is fully prepared to spend the next 10 years nolifeing, and has an available living space for this time. He plays about 17 hours a day, and tries to be as perfect as possible all those hours. However, because of his refusal to merch, he has started some ridiculous "donating campaign" that means it will take him years longer than normal. (ex: he has to graahk to 200m rc, because he desperately needs money). He also is at risk of running out of cash before 200m mining, smith, magic currently.

Those are some of the strongest candidates, and some of the names I've seen thrown around here. Regardless, don't expect 200m everything to happen for yeears.

^First mention on this thread about S U O M I's donations... didn't see any hate following it.

I am positive we will see someone "max out" by getting all skills 200m some day in the distant future, in say.. 5 years time. Skills *do* get easier through time and what people deemed impossible only 2 years ago has been done by several hundreds now. It is by no means an easy task, and I'm not really sure if any of the current top players will succeed, I actually think not. But there are several players hiding in the shadows (as the previous poster said), another of them being S_U__O__M_I who is truly gonna go far tongue.gif

^First mention of S U O M I on this thread.

Grats S U O M I. Been following since I saw you in LRC a few years back.

Oh wow this brings back so much memories. I vaguely remember following this thread at about 100 pages, and dropping off somewhere 150 and been following from 300 ever since.

Just a few things that I can recall:

- Green098 still being in discussion, mage slaying and ridiculous setups.

- Elias hitting 3B xp then quitting, his TIF interview, was quite monumental at the time

- Jokes about Drumgun being level 139 combat (harharhar eoc)

- When SUOMI wasn't even on front page

- Effigies

- Paperbag's hatred for dungeoneering:

My god, I dont know how you people train dungeoneering. This is ridiculous. I hate it so *bleeping* much. Just trying to get 99 is making me so cranky and just want to throw my computer on the ground and... ugh!!!!! Teaming with friends or soloing, no matter what it is, its all horrible.

I'm honestly thinking about using effigies from 99 and afterward on dung because I just cant *bleeping* stand it. I'm only getting 99 atm so I can wear the maxed cape when it comes out.

I can put up with 99 since its only 2-3 weeks but its still incredibly tough for me. There is no way on earth I can get 120/200m dg unless there is some major change to its training. Its just not possible for me. I'd rather be dead. (Yeah yeah I know you all dont like to hear that but its true)

Oh and lay off on the Suomi trolling (the post above). We all know Drumgun isnt even going for all 200ms anyway. At least not as of now.

- BuyableKing and BuyableQueen

- C2 fishing/wc being a new 'emergent gameplay'

- Ring World's trolling

Ah, good times.

• Like 2

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I see my 2B donation to Suomi is finally going to see the end of the tunnel soon. It is an awesome achievement and if I remember correctly I promised you a Purple back when I didn't think you would make it. Looks like it's time to grind out that purple. Good thing I own the best gambling related name in game and make bill np. *runs off to Flowers to make some money*

Peace,

Vann

Everyone in this thread would accept a 100M donation in a heartbeat, so that argument is invalid

Everyone minus one.

And don't way it would be different if I was actually in the situation because I have been there.

If that's truly the case, then you're either on a "do-it-yourself" path, a path that is NOT followed by every player, and while fun, is quite frivolous, meaning that it is not logical for you to pretentiously compare yourself to someone who plays the game by making the best use of its features. That's the same as comparing a level 3 skiller to a player that trains combat - the skiller is putting that goal in front of themselves, and has no one to blame if it's more difficult.

The second reason you wouldn't accept donations is a psychological one - it's not that you don't want the money/have an interest in it, but rather you're denying it for the sake of being able to say you denied it. It's basic human psychology - If I offered the money to you right now, you'd say no, just because you don't want me to think that you'd ever accept it. But if someone offered such a large sum of money to you, and you know that no one would ever find out, unless you don't accept it for the previous reason I mentioned, you would be more than willing to take it.

No I just prefer to earn things myself, you made all the wrong assumptions about my personality. Whether people find out or not is irrelevant because I know that I took it. I am not one of those players who complains about the game getting easier with updates such as runespan, nor am I the type of player who boasts "I did this when it was hard", I am proud of the achievements that I did at the time. Why must people think that runescape is a game of dominance?

It's one thing to accept money freely given (who doesn't like free money?), but begging on video for donations or even saying/implying you accept them is pathetic. But is it efficient? Depends on how low of a person you are.

Ok, so you admit that accepting donations it is logical and efficient, you just don't like it. Glad we cleared that up. Also, check your inbox.

Taking donations is efficient depending on your goals.