200M in all Skills

Makilio

I thought their "word" was just that they don't have any plans to raise the skill caps to 120. If new plans come up or are made, they wouldn't really be going back on their word, would they?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I thought their "word" was just that they don't have any plans to raise the skill caps to 120. If new plans come up or are made, they wouldn't really be going back on their word, would they?

My statement about them failing to keep their word was in general (PoP, EoC etc.), rather than that particular instance. I was simply suggesting that if they raised all skills to 120, I'd simply quit, like the poster above me. As for whether that would constitute them breaking their word on this particular issue, I'm inclined to agree with you, I suppose.

Will we ever get another top 15 update?

If only Langer would come back for one last top 15 update before Suomi hits 200m all. That would be insane and probably the greatest finish to this thread.

I've never posted before I think, just been lurking for a loong time, perhaps even <100 pages. Hard to describe how much I have enjoyed this thread, just by having it as one of my pages I quickly check when trying to see whats going on online. So just thanks to everyone who has been posting and making this thread a worthwhile read (even though the off topic sections are many, they can be entertaining aswell).

Now just the best of luck to you Suomi on your final xp's, hopefully all is well! :smile: Onnea matkaan.

-Lurker

• Like 6

I bet a lot of folks were drawn to TIF thanks to this thread. I know that's how I ended up poking around here.

It seems like it wasn't so long ago that it was 2005 and my (now ex) fiance was showing me this fun game we could play together. 99 seemed nigh unobtainable, never mind 200M in a skill. I couldn't be more excited to be playing now, as Suomi completes such a monumentous feat.

I think a lot of people are saddened by the whole donations debacle, not because they think Suomi wouldn't have got 200m all, not because they don't think he would have been the first one to do so, but because it deducts from the overall achievement. It doesn't take away from it by any relevant amount; the work suomi has put in is his own, and is greater than any amount other players have sacrificed before him. 200m all skills is pretty much the ultimate achievement though, whilst there are other elements of gameplay, this is one of the few bits that we all kind of questioned was even possible. Suomi is perhaps the only one that will ever reach this, and when he does it will be damn impressive. There'll always be that lingering feeling though "here's what you would have won..." Something minutely different, but somewhat flawless. That's one of the things a lot of us have loved about Suomi's road to 200m all, he hasn't "wasted exp", he's pushed skilling to its limits day in day out for a ridiculous amount of hours, and in this pursuit of perfection, he's overshot the mark and now there's no going back.

Accepting donations is efficient, but it's almost like everyone who has donated has stolen a little bit of the achievement that they don't deserve. Making the money for buyables is part of the achievement. The time calc is a good example of this, as it includes the time spent making this money and donations are in my eyes, taking a shortcut and doing it in less time than possible. We can all make money, at different rates, some via questionable methods, one of which is accepting donations. For me, accepting donations is pretty much in the same boat as dicing, it's using your interpersonal skills to encourage others to take a chance on parting with their money for potential gain, the speed and style of it lack grind though. People who monsterhunt put in the hours, to get a rate of income, people who merch do the same, when researching items, putting in offers, finding out margins and exploiting it. Moneymaking is the 25th skill, linked with all the others, and as such for it to be the perfect achievement it would have been nice to have been ground away like the rest.

Please don't take any of this as an insult by the way, a completely unbelievable and unrivaled achievement is about to be gained, and it was (will have been) made possible due to your own personal hard work and dedication. Well done.

As someone said earlier, it would be nice if there was a way for you to give back the money. You know, to account for the extra hours. Of course, some people wouldn't accept it, but just to show you've made it would be enough. Remembering all the donations, especially considering that some were of such tiny amounts is somewhat ridiculous, but it would be good if you could start topics on various forums asking people to post if they donated and if so, how much. Just to get an idea of the amount.

THEN SELL THIS SUM OF MONEY AND DONATE IT TO CHARITY.

Only reason i say sell it, and encourage rule breaking is because I can't think of a moral high ground, i.e. charity, within runescape. Some people would back the thought of donating to Jake or Drumgun, but it doesn't give me that happy buzz, so i guess not.

• Like 2

If only Langer would come back for one last top 15 update before Suomi hits 200m all. That would be insane and probably the greatest finish to this thread.

New skill(s?) this year. The thread isn't quite over yet, considering that I believe Suomi said he wouldn't be going straight out for 200m in that skill like Jebrim and co.

Have quite enjoyed reading this all anyway, rather it wasn't over, more that it became a general thread talking about the top players, their progress to 200m all etc etc.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Me too :) There are quite a few people relatively close for 2nd place. And the differences between them are all minor in comparison so there could be a lot more shift.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Moneymaking is the 25th skill, linked with all the others, and as such for it to be the perfect achievement it would have been nice to have been ground away like the rest.

Did I miss something.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Idk why people say this thread should die if suomi gets 5b. It was long clear suomi would be first but the race to #2 5b between jake/drumgun (although neither will get it before new skills are released) is arguably far more interesting than the race to #1 has been for the past 3 years now

• Like 1

Is there any other achievement quite as gigantic (time wise) in any other game? Let alone has anyone done it...

Honestly I can't think of one. I bet what Suomi is achieving will be the biggest accomplishment in terms of pure dedication and time in any game respectively.

Boredom.png

Will we ever get another top 15 update?

I've never posted before I think, just been lurking for a loong time, perhaps even <100 pages. Hard to describe how much I have enjoyed this thread, just by having it as one of my pages I quickly check when trying to see whats going on online. So just thanks to everyone who has been posting and making this thread a worthwhile read (even though the off topic sections are many, they can be entertaining aswell).

Now just the best of luck to you Suomi on your final xp's, hopefully all is well! :smile: Onnea matkaan.

-Lurker

Good post man, i too got this topic as a "daily"

I have to check it at least 2 times a day, morning before i go to work and after i get from work.

Been amazing to see all those top players come and go, all the changes to runescape.

The methods top players use, top 15 updates were always GREAT, to know what was going on on the top.

At first i tought allar would be the first, was placing my bets on him, later i saw drumgun progress and really became his fan, too bad Allar/telmo [i was in Wilderland clan when he was a member]/gert and others

Suomi came in from the shadows and ripped highscores apart with true dedication and effort, i still remember when he was training rc at cave crawlers on that crazy pace, it was so good to been following this thread and seeing all the data/research on best/efficient methods.

Big thanks to everyone active on this thread, and im still Drumgun fan and hope he reach 200m all skills

Will probably follow the thread for some years still :D

GO SUOMI@ less than 9m xp its crazy

Is there any other achievement quite as gigantic (time wise) in any other game? Let alone has anyone done it...

Honestly I can't think of one. I bet what Suomi is achieving will be the biggest accomplishment in terms of pure dedication and time in any game respectively.

Its hard to compare another game with runescape, but one of the oldest and first game created may have a person who has an accomplishment equal to Suomi or better :P. We all heard about Pacman, and find it a fun amusing arcade game, but many of may not have realized that the first person to accomplish a "perfect game" in Pacman was Billy Mitchell who obtained it in 1999, while Pacman was released in 1980. (19 year gap). As of now I believe six people have accomplished this "perfect game" But the point is that a "perfect game" in Pacman is extremely hard to obtain, and must take thousands and thousands of hours of practice almost to the point where it could have taken more hours than Suomi. It took Billy Mitchell 6 hours to complete that "perfect game" in which he had to do the following:

1. Never die once. Not once – the entire game must be beaten on the first man.

2. Eat every dot.

3. Eat every energizer.

4. Eat every blue ghost. (Must do 4 times each energizer, for a total of 16 each level)

5. Eat every piece of fruit.

6. Make it to the 256th level.

For those of you who have played pacman before, you probably understand and realize how hard it is to do things like eat every ghost in the first level, nonetheless imagine the last level.

Stormfire64.png

Its hard to compare another game with runescape, but one of the oldest and first game created may have a person who has an accomplishment equal to Suomi or better :P. We all heard about Pacman, and find it a fun amusing arcade game, but many of may not have realized that the first person to accomplish a "perfect game" in Pacman was Billy Mitchell who obtained it in 1999, while Pacman was released in 1980. (19 year gap). As of now I believe six people have accomplished this "perfect game" But the point is that a "perfect game" in Pacman is extremely hard to obtain, and must take thousands and thousands of hours of practice almost to the point where it could have taken more hours than Suomi. It took Billy Mitchell 6 hours to complete that "perfect game" in which he had to do the following:

1. Never die once. Not once – the entire game must be beaten on the first man.

2. Eat every dot.

3. Eat every energizer.

4. Eat every blue ghost. (Must do 4 times each energizer, for a total of 16 each level)

For those of you who have played pacman before, you probably understand and realize how hard it is to do things like eat every ghost in the first level, nonetheless imagine the last level.

That is actually a really, REALLY sick achievement.

The only limit is your own imagination.

1. Never die once. Not once the entire game must be beaten on the first man.

2. Eat every dot.

3. Eat every energizer.

Completely off topic, but everyone should watch the documentary King of Kong to see how much of a [bleep] Billy Mitchell is.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

I don't get why you all shaking about suomi tbh..

I don't care as it doesn't affect me in anyway

Then why do you feel the need to inform us about how little it matters and why your view is premier. Just going to end up in another cyclic argument about how one matters more than the other and blah blah blah

----

ION: Dragonseance looks like hitting 3b tonight.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Thanks for the update Gemeos!

Now that Suomi only has 21 hours left until 200m all, do you think he will hold off getting it until the 21st like he planned the party for or will he move the party to an earlier date?

• Like 1

Some combat related numbers changed so some players need more hours now, gf.

A player with 0 xp now needs 17435 hours and 23630m gp to get 200m xp in all skills.

1YQ7y.png

I read this topic just to see statistics like this. Awesome and thank you

• Like 1