Opinions on newer players in rs

UnderTheRunes

I think they're great. And I love helping new players get started on their travels, bringing them to helpful locations of a resource for example. Giving them free items, it's all good. Very satisfying.

;) :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think they're great. And I love helping new players get started on their travels, bringing them to helpful locations of a resource for example. Giving them free items, it's all good. Very satisfying.

When I see a new player I tele group Ice Plateau. :D

When I see a new player I tele group Ice Plateau. :D

Okay that's just pure evil! :twisted: But somewhat fun, I bet. :?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

M'eh. Unless they follow me around and are immature gits... then I really, REALLY wish I could turn around and give them a good hard SMACK. Or if it's a guy character... :twisted: :lol:

But the polite ones are very nice to be around.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Only hate them if they are immature... but they will grow up and be players like we are, if they continue playing. I really like to help new players, but if I keep my private ON after helping... You know what. :mrgreen:

There are two kinds of new players: The newbs, and the noobs.

The newbs are just people who just started playing, they are a little lost and sometimes need help. Nice people.

The noobs are immature ( normally aren't even 13) idiots who beg for stuff and are too lazy to do train, explore or get the money themselves.

Sadly. theese days most new players are noobs... ugh...

Depends, if they seem like decent human beings, I'll try to help them if they want it.

If they're total idiots who refuse to put any effort into anything, I'll tell them to gtfo, we don't need players like them in the game.

2Xeo5.png

As long as they aren't rude, I'm fine with them. And at whoever was sayign that all new players seem to be noobs lately: you have have to remember that the beggars and jerks stand out. After all, who notices the level 13 whose quietly trying to mine iron to gain unimaginable wealth (1k)?

However, everyone notices, and shuns, the level three screaming "Fr33 ca$h P10x!!!" in the grand exchange.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Moved to Questionnaires.

Some new players are good, some are bad. It's the same for old players. You can't generalise and go either way. Although from my time most players I meet are generally nice these days.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love new players. People who are truely new to Runescape and enjoy it at the moment. It's also fun to help them out and make things for them. It was more fun before the Grand Exchange, though. That kind of ruined the enjoyment of making things for them, since they can now just purchase without looking for a buyer. :x

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

like purepure said, i like new players. i like how they are new to the game and stuff, and run around with no goal, just to explore. makes me think of the time i was a newb and needed help with stuff and did random quests because i thought it was cool to have some quests done and that i didnt want to keep paying 10gp to cross from lumby to al kharid

but there are new players that i hate. the ones that think you owe them help and they constantly bother you with their problems

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

New players make the higher levels feel higher :thumbup:

They also greatly help the economy. How else will we get our lobbies! :lol:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

I don't see any reason to hate someone for starting a game at a later time than me. It does get annoying when I get bombarded with a million questions, but that isn't exclusive to new players.

This, although I don't usually give them items just like that. Sure, some minor supplies to start off with. If they're new to P2p for example, I'd give them compost and seeds, with detailed instructions to start farming, or I'd be helping them through Quests they find hard.

I am more of a teacher than a donater though. You best teach the noobies to fare well for themselves than create beggars. :mrgreen:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

This, although I don't usually give them items just like that. Sure, some minor supplies to start off with. If they're new to P2p for example, I'd give them compost and seeds, with detailed instructions to start farming, or I'd be helping them through Quests they find hard.

I am more of a teacher than a donater though. You best teach the noobies to fare well for themselves than create beggars. :mrgreen:

Hehe I'm siggied :P

I tend to help them as well, I don't like the beggars but I do like those who are friendly and just ask for general advice. I once spent an hour teaching a guy all the f2p skills, and it was really fun. It's nice to help those who are newer to the game than thyself, because thyself art ownage in thou eyes. And Shakespeare/poetry/old talk sucks :? but thats going off topic.

So, yeah. Newer players are cool, beggars aren't though.

disturbeda.png

My opinion? I don't care. I think they should just follow my strategy of when I was a new player. Stay low until you have some respectable skills and use that to make some friends.

I never liked asking for help, in reality or in the game....

Twibb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Newer F2P players can be cool, or noob. The ones who explore and prefer the learning part prior to the social interaction are pretty cool ad they actually don't beg and stuff :wall:. The noobs... well... we all know how noob-haters feel about noobs... ... ... :lol:

In P2P, meh, they can easily merge into the community. We go by the simple rule that you do stuff and not cause the collapse of RS and hey, you're a mem :lol: