Would you pay money for a useless object?

Atom Smash40

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading half the posts here made realize how little people read the whole thread. half of the posts here are about "owning" rares, not "borrowing" them. honestly, just read people. its like 4 sentences long

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I personally couldn't ever see myself doing it, but I suppose when you earn money on rs you can spend it how you feel. I myself feel like the fun of owning a party hat or santa etc. is saving and eventually buying one, and renting one does seem odd, but to each their own!

redstarmafia.png

Get ratty.

It depends, I would love a blue phat but at my current levels, I would never buy one.

If in a few years time when im good enough to go GWD and I get a series of lucky drops I may though. (Even though that will probably never happen :lol: )

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Quite possibly due to the fact that rares look good (To them) and that they've always wanted to wear one but are unable to do so due to the fact that they do not have the means to obtain one. Additionally, while they may ask for a free loan, they usually get rejected. So they have no choice but to pay to borrow it.

And addressing the title, yea, I would. I've already paid millions for phats, even though they are of not much use.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

put it this way:

If your poor, no.

If your rich, yes.

Quite possibly due to the fact that rares look good (To them) and that they've always wanted to wear one but are unable to do so due to the fact that they do not have the means to obtain one. Additionally, while they may ask for a free loan, they usually get rejected. So they have no choice but to pay to borrow it.

And addressing the title, yea, I would. I've already paid millions for phats, even though they are of not much use.

Which is why I hate money. I cant obtain my red partyhat ever again unless:

A)RWT found its way back (Which I still wouldnt do)

B) We could free-trade again because I have a friend who was willing to give me his

C) I MAGICALLY start getting good drops after 7 years of garbage.

Popoto.~<3

B) We could free-trade again because I have a friend who was willing to give me his

C) I MAGICALLY start getting good drops after 7 years of garbage.

Hear, hear.

Two of my friends quit in the last four months and wished to give me all their money (about 95m between the two of them - my bank is worth at most 18-25m). Obviously, they couldn't. I can see why this is a wanted side effect for Jagex, since it effectively takes usable money out of the game, but it really does take away from the real charity that did go on between the rule-abiding players that did do that kind of stuff.

Also, at almost 83 slayer, my best drop ever was a snapdragon seed (once), followed by rune scims (twice). Welcome to my luck. :cry:

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

Paying to borrow them seems silly to me.

thats why i lend my santa for free

modmarkl.jpg

So they can show off a nd make it look like they're a rich and/or important player. That's about it.

Until someone asks to wear it, they say no, then they get called out on it not even belonging to them in the first place. Ouch. :thumbdown:

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

yea...i dont see why people would set themselves up for that...and if its not theirs and they paid to borrow it, then other people will just think they're asking for attention and what not, so the "illusion" doesnt even work

modmarkl.jpg

Nah they're useless I wouldnt pay to wear them, owned many and given them away or lost them due to the fact when you have it its boring, when you dont have it its agony.

They should spend the money on skills really, lending a weapon fair enough but an item that boosts nothing.

Generally, I don't like one-word or one-symbol posts... well I guess it's neither now, but: :thumbup:

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

If I was f2p and made plenty of cash sitting around, I would buy a few rares and lend them out. But I would never pay to borrow it.

Bah.

Even if i had a permanent lending of a party hat i would never ever wear it ever.

Some guy lent me a phat for 4 hours, shouts of gimme the party hat, lend for few hours plzz plzz plzzz, and then when i say its not mine they run off saying im a noob trying to look rich, out comes more noobs wanting me to trade them the party hat to prove its mine, lend it to them, and then running off and... The cycle continues.

So no, i would never borrow a partyhat for cash, unless there was some event where we all borrowed party hats and ran around :P.

O.O

I try to use gp to jump in money making methods. So to me unusable items (I'm talking half wine and crackers not wear or lend ables) are a waste of time and money. I mean 33m for half wine, when I could get 88 summoning as well as a high magic level. Both of which would pay for themselves pretty fast.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If you have low skills and borrow crap like that you look about stupid as a rock. Because not only do you look like a bragging noob, you also look like a RWT gone fail.

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D