Real life help & advice

Abc1230

It's really up to you - that's a difficult situation - best you can do is just reiterate that you're there for her no matter what...and hope she either comes clean, or there's some resolution otherwise. I wouldn't go about accusing her of lying if you can't be sure.

Maybe I should just ask for clarification...? Like: "This didn't quite make sense to me, so I was hoping you could help...."

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

It's really up to you - that's a difficult situation - best you can do is just reiterate that you're there for her no matter what...and hope she either comes clean, or there's some resolution otherwise. I wouldn't go about accusing her of lying if you can't be sure.

Maybe I should just ask for clarification...? Like: "This didn't quite make sense to me, so I was hoping you could help...."

I really wouldn't do that - that makes it pretty obvious that you don't trust her which would be extremely hard to take if her story is actually true. You need to trust her at this point - keep a weather eye open for any more possible symptoms of her lying or anything like that, but you can't really do anything but take her at her word for the time being.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I really wouldn't do that - that makes it pretty obvious that you don't trust her which would be extremely hard to take if her story is actually true. You need to trust her at this point - keep a weather eye open for any more possible symptoms of her lying or anything like that, but you can't really do anything but take her at her word for the time being.

Okay. Thank you. The other person she told and I are hanging out with her on Tuesday, so I'll keep an eye and ear out then.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Here's a completely random and non-serious question about grammar.

Which is correct?

Jess's face OR Jess' face.

Two years ago my teacher told me it was the latter. But my english teacher last year told the whole class that the correct one was the first one.

WHICH IS IT?!

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Both.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Here's a completely random and non-serious question about grammar.

Which is correct?

Jess's face OR Jess' face.

Two years ago my teacher told me it was the latter. But my english teacher last year told the whole class that the correct one was the first one.

WHICH IS IT?!

They both are, but the second one is preferred seeing as "Jess" already ends with an "s", and apostrophes to display possession are fine with either. Both are correct, but the first one looks awkward / clunky.

Also -

Previous page: Not going as the venue is pretty far from here and there are hardly any bus or train services up around the Northern Beaches at 2AM. Plus, I do not want to stay there overnight ... :thumbup:

It's not clear which, but the most reliable I've heard is that the first is correct. Go with whatever your current teacher says, but I think when it's a first name it always has the /s/, when it's a plural word (e.g. the Joneses') it doesn't. I've had to deal with this question my whole life, as my first name ends in /s/.

But that sounds horrible. :3

I'm comparing what I'm playing to the video that I got that link from, and they don't sound alike at all.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Also, you've got all kinds of effects on the guitar, you've got other instruments, etc..maybe multiple guitars. Try getting a guitar pro tab if you're willing to pay for the software (i think version three free trial never expired).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Power Tab is a good free alternative. Crashes a lot though.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I've never found somewhere that adequately explains how to read guitar tabs/chords/whatever written like this:

http://www.911tabs.com/link/?4324599

When do I strum and stuff?

Listen to the song a lot and play the chord to the rhythm of the song, while ignoring the picking. Change chords when signified over the word it's over. Basically it just gives you a gist of what chords to play, and it's up to you to find the timing. Personally, my ear isn't good enough to pick out the timing like that, but that's why I gave up teaching myself guitar :-#

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

@Who: Make sure the guitar's tuned.

At first I was like :rolleyes:

Then I realized that's actually a very good point.

The strumming starts before the singing btw, because the singing starts one beat later.

Not going to lie-tuned my guitar and played it again, sounds good now. :3

I can never tell when I go out of tune. It's annoying.

I did figure out how to play it. It sounds pretty nice actually. Thanks for the help.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

There are millions of tuners on the internet. Whenever you play, just whip out a tuner and check each string. The last thing you want as a learning musician is to worsen your musical ear.

Some tuners on the internet if you don't own a physical one:

No microphone needed, no download needed, just some good ears: www.tunemybass.com

Microphone needed, I used to use this all the time: http://www.aptuner.com/ You need to download it though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/

That's my favourite tuner. tunemybass is better for fairly standard tunings but custom tunings are a pain.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue here. I'm going to summarize it really quick, so here it goes. My parents broke up 6 years ago and my dad has gone on vacation many times without me and my brother and left us with my mom. So for the first time since 2004 my dad wants to take us to disney world in Florda (200 miles from my city). Meanwhile, my mom has taken my brother and I numerous times and I'm a bit sick of it. (Not spoiled, I've probably been there 7 times since). At the same time, I have 3 cats which require a feeding schedule and my dads brother with a condition where seizures occur at random (he is waiting for the 28th til he gets his medication). The problem is, my dad wants to drive 250+ miles away from my house with my brother, me, and my stepmom and leave my uncle with a brain condition alone at my dad's house, where my uncle has been living. He thinks my uncle can handle taking care of himself and 3 cats who require attention. Again, I really don't want to go since I'm tired of it and I'm concerned that my uncle can have a seizure while he's cooking or doing something important and have no one to help him. I've tried talking to my dad about how I feel but he's very hard headed and he returns my question with a question like... "I don't know Brandon, what if the sky falls down tomorrow?" he's really closed minded and I don't know what to do . Hell can break out here and we'll be 250 miles away. My dad's brother has already had an incident where he fell and required 20 stitches. So my question is, how would you guys try to convince my dad to let me stay the weekend? Thanks in advance.

1363468.jpg