Real life help & advice

Abc1230

I don't think you can make him change his mind. From the way I see it, he is trying to spend some time with you and your brother, and in your post it seems like he hasn't done that since his divorce. I think he's trying to make a change for the better, and he would probably feel bad if you didn't go with him.

It's up to you if you want to be honest and say you don't want to go, or pretend to be interested and probably make him happy.

16185_s.gif

I like winning. I love the feeling of being right.

So I turn everything into a competition.

Edit: Not necessarily everything, but things I need to get cracking on.

But I do procrastinate lots so this method doesn't always work!

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Where do you guys get your motivation from?

the avoidance of emotional rock bottom. Been there, and I sure as hell ain't going back. That's motivation enough for me.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Where do you guys get your motivation from?

I need my actions to affect someone else, or to be competing against someone else. Otherwise, I get my motivation from habit. And "affecting someone else" includes if I made a promise to someone, like showing up to school, I've assumed responsibility that I'll do my work and respect the teacher. Or with a sports team, I joined, I'm part of the team, I give everything I have for that team.

I depend on other people for my motivation, or at least I have. I think that as I'm maturing, I'm finding motivation just from sheer will. Oh, and www.minimotivation.com

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I looked them up on google images. Nothing has changed :/

On a more serious note, I'm also on a medication. Could that have something to do with it?

Were you 20 pounds overweight?

When did you start taking the medication?

If the date you started taking the medication was about the same time or one week before you started losing weight, then I hope you have a picture of the doctor who prescribed you it, because my only suggestion is go see him.

16185_s.gif

Can I get some CV help here?

I honestly don't know what to add to "other information" and "hobbies and interests" because my preferences would probably detract from my employability.

Format got messed up but I assure you it is presentable.

[PERSONAL INFORMATION]

Personal Profile

During the last few years I felt as if my confidence has grown greatly. After my work experience, I feel that I have gained various skills that have helped me to communicate and work as a part of a team. During my time at The Occasion Shop I learned skills that help me serve customers and work with co-workers. I am a punctual person who values being organised and is determined to work hard.

Skills and Experience

At: The Occasion Shop

Duration: One Week, March 2006

Duties: Stocked shelves, arranged flowers and served customers.

At: Fixby Primary School

Duration: Two weeks, May 2008

Duties: Assistant learning helper. Dealt with young children, helped them with literacy and numeracy, marked workbooks and looked at ways of helping children achieve better.

Education and Training

Secondary School: Rastrick High School - 2007

Qualifications: GCSE - Maths, German, English, Science, Media, Art, ICT, Textiles, RE

6th Form College: Rastrick Sixth Form - 2008

Qualifications: BTEC First Diploma in Health and Social Care

Other Information

Computer literate, have basic knowledge in a variety of computer software.

Learning to drive.

Hobbies and Interests

I was part of a netball team for two years. I worked with other players to come up with strategies and played the position Goal Defence.

References

References are available upon request.

Oh yeah, and I did an "internal course" for food and drink manufacturing but I only got an achievement certificate not a recognized qualification. Where de hell do I put that?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Were you 20 pounds overweight?

When did you start taking the medication?

If the date you started taking the medication was about the same time or one week before you started losing weight, then I hope you have a picture of the doctor who prescribed you it, because my only suggestion is go see him.

I was 161 pounds at 6'1". So, no, I wasn't.

And, I've been on the medication for about 3 months. It was a fair while after I was on it that I noticed I was losing weight.

Have you been eating less? How are you holding up with the breakup?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I have been eating less, i think, but it's not because I'm trying to. I'm just not as hungry

And, I don't really think the breakup could have much to do with this anymore, I've been doing okay since then.

What's a good way to get a job? It'd be my first and I don't have any standards at all really, so it could be pretty much anything.

Problem is, I don't "know a guy" like everyone else seems to, and applying for jobs that have no qualifications still have that daunting "past employment" section which I can't fill out because I can't get a job in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. Right now I'm just trying to apply to everything I see, it's just that I'm probably getting one-upped every time by other people who've had at least one other job before.

What's a good way to get a job? It'd be my first and I don't have any standards at all really, so it could be pretty much anything.

Problem is, I don't "know a guy" like everyone else seems to, and applying for jobs that have no qualifications still have that daunting "past employment" section which I can't fill out because I can't get a job in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. Right now I'm just trying to apply to everything I see, it's just that I'm probably getting one-upped every time by other people who've had at least one other job before.

Apply at McDonald's or any fast food restaurant. Call back two days later to check on your application. DO this every 3-5 days afterward. I did this and got hired on quickly. It shows you are eager to get started working. After/If you get hired, show up 10-15 minutes early everyday. Show up if you are sick and they will let you go home on most cases. Try not to miss any days your first three months. After staying at your first job for at least 6 months, try different places. Employers look to see if you are a reliable, responsible employee. If you show up early for work every day, miss VERY FEW days, stay at a job a long period of time, and show a good attitude, you will advance very quickly.

I went from a crew to trainer to manager at McDonald's in 4 months using the tactics above. I missed one day in my 13 months at the store I worked at before moving to a call center job. Now I have it a little easier and make more money.

Basically, your future will reflect upon how you start out.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Another thing you should do is try and build up a resume that supports what you want to do long-term. If you want to be a lawyer, like I did, then apply for jobs related to law, like at a bank/law firm. Then, if you choose to pursue a 'higher up' job, the people will see the experience and will know you're dedicated to the trade.

div>

Yeah basically fill out as many application forms as possible, generally large franchises are more likely to hire people without job experience, because most of those jobs don't require any. You may have to keep re-applying if you don't hear back from any of them.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Here's another bonuso tipo (that's bonus tip in dislexic spanish): at the job interview, don't worry about anything going wrong. Chances are, if you worry about something happening, it is going to happen (have 3 failed relationships to prove it)

div>

follow above advice for quick fix, but trust me...it's not what you know, it's who you know in the real world. Find a guy to hook you up.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Also, typically there will be a survey when you apply in a store which tests your personality. You may see a question such as "If you see a fellow employee make food and eat it without paying, would you tell your supervisor?" This question will test your tendency to "look the other way" (LIE). You will always have 3-5 reply options such as:

• A .Definitely
  • B. I might
  • C. Undecided
  • D. Probably not
  • E. No way

You want to answer honestly to each question, because sometimes the interviewer asks you similar questions and compares the answers both times you answer to search for flaws.

Here is another tip for when you get an interview. If our interviewer is female, gently shake her hand and if male, firmly shake it. Use eye contact and try to avoid "umms" and "uhhs". Your "Umms" and "Uhhs" show lack of confidence as well as nervousness. Practice how you will talk to the interviewer before you go to your interview. Use "Mr./Ms./Mrs./Ma'am/sir when necessary. Always smile and have a polite tone. Google common questions asked for interviews. Two common questions are: "Why should I/we hire you over everyone else?" and "How can you benefit {Company Name}?". Thank the interviewer at the end as well as smile when shaking his or hand. At the end say something like "I look forward to hearing back from you soon mr/mrs/ms X."

The main thing is to be confident, honest, and polite.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Also, if you look good especially in terms of the clothes you're wearing, American Apparel will be eager to hire you. They'll even ask you if you want a job.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

How do you stop a bad habit such as biting the insides of your mouth?

I usually do it unconsciously >_<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢