Real life help & advice

Abc1230

At this point, I think you need to get some outside help. Have legal action taken if possible, or at least a therapist for her and her father. If you seriously think he could be hurting her at this moment, then I'd suggest going to her house and checking on her, providing it won't put you in an unsafe situation.

But if he isn't, he'll obviously be highly offended at me for showing up at 10:00 pm, for no reason. Plus my parents probably wouldn't let me out of the house this late....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Have an excuse ready for why you're there - say you think you left your mp3 player at her house, or something.

If you truly think she could be in trouble, it may be worth the risk of upsetting her father a little bit.

Edit: Although I don't know her dad, so it may be more then 'a little bit'.

And if you do go, bring some form of self-defense, not because that dude sounds volatile, but because people are unpredictable.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'm probably a bit too late if you've already done what they said, but it's a bad idea. That's the best way to escalate the situation, especially with everyone involved being very emotional and impulsive at this time. You need to settle down and let them alone, and return to trying to contact her after things have died down. I would probably sleep on it, then maybe around 9:00 the next morning (from whenever that 10:00 pm was) call the house, and whoever answers say you left it sort of suddenly last night and were wondering if everything was all right. Be respectful to the father, and even submissive if necessary, because you want him to like you if he is going to remain in the house. The only long term solution, however, is to remove him. If he is really as abusive as you make it sound, you should have no problem dealing with school guidance, law enforcement, court, whoever. Really, the only issue here is treading carefully and communicating with everyone involved (talk to the mother about how it is unsafe to raise a daughter with this guy), as it's a very delicate issue.

Well, I never went over, mainly because my parents told me to calm down and not overreact. (They don't know about the past abuse, obviously.)

However, when I called her, no-one answered. Which is typical of her family when she's grounded. No-one ever answers the phone when a friend of her's calls. (Actually, her family just never picks up the phone unless the call is directly directed at that family member, or she's in the room to pick up the phone.)

However, chacnes are she'll sneak online late at night tonight, and I'll also call ehr cell-phone at around 10:00.

My honest guess is that she's fine, just bored, upset, and cut off.

If I can't get in tocuh tonight, I'll barrage them with calls tomorrow. Mainly I'm holding out for Monday, when she'll be at school.

...If she doesn't show up at school, I'm going directly to her house and demanding to see her, though.

Edit: She messaged me.

He didn't hit her, he just screamed at her. Oh, and every message I posted here was sent by him. As in, he pretended to be her for a while. Oh, and he ranetd about me being snotty for the way I sent the emssages. Apparently politeness and good grammar are nasty, evil things.

And, he's angry that I called three times, and only left a message the third time. DESPITE THE FACT HE REFUSES TO ANSWER A FREAKING PHONE, HE CONSIDERS ME RUDE FOR BEING WORRIED.

Guys, if I strangle with man do you think the judge will let me off for "excessive idiocy?"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Best Martial Art to learn?

I've got the following that I'm considering;

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, Mixed Martial Arts, Judo, Taekwondo, Ju Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing

Hmmm..

It depends how you like to fight, really. What are your preferences for how to beat the snot out of someone?

[/hide]

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, Mixed Martial Arts, Judo, Taekwondo, Ju Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing

Hmmm..

It depends how you like to fight, really. What are your preferences for how to beat the snot out of someone?

I dunno lol. I think I'd be better off using my fists, I'm not too good with balancing (can't do a good round house kick, for example)

Hmmm..

I dunno lol. I think I'd be better off using my fists, I'm not too good with balancing (can't do a good round house kick, for example)

Well, the point of a martial art is to teach you the balance and such. You don't take a course in something becasue you already know it.

Think more along the lines of what fighting style you'd enjoy the msot, once you knew it.

A warning, though: Martial arts tend to be longterm courses. Take it for a month and you won't be much better of a fighter. Take it for a few years and you'll be on a whole new level.

I'd say boxing would be the best short term one, while long term is debateable, and really depends on you.

[/hide]

Any chance you guys could help me come up with a topic to write my essay for my college application on? I'm not sure what to do it on, but I think it's going to possibly be the thing that will make or break me since my SAT's are a lot better than the average for where I want to go, but my GPA is lower than the average.

If not, what you wrote yours on if you're in college already or if you've already applied or whatever might be helpful just to compile a mental list.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Don't they give you a topic to write about, though? Or is that in the SAT.

Write how liberal ideologies spread across Europe after the fall of Napoleon in the 1800s. No one knows squat about history anymore.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Any chance you guys could help me come up with a topic to write my essay for my college application on? I'm not sure what to do it on, but I think it's going to possibly be the thing that will make or break me since my SAT's are a lot better than the average for where I want to go, but my GPA is lower than the average.

If not, what you wrote yours on if you're in college already or if you've already applied or whatever might be helpful just to compile a mental list.

You just "Write an essay" ?

Write an essay about how you decided to write a college essay, if that's the case. I think that'd be amazingly easy, fun, and INSIGHTFUL. If you choose your words carefully, they'll read it and say "[cabbage], this kid knows what he's doing. BRING HIM IN!"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ok clarification, it's supposed to somehow relate to me or something like that, not just be an essay about whatever. If it was I'd just use one of my better essays from past classes.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Choose an event in your life, describe it, and explain how it changed you for the better. I've discussed this a lot with my english teacher, and it really is just a "I'm awesome and this is why" essay. It should read as a narrative, with you showing rather than telling ("My jaw dropped to the floor" instead of "I was surprised"). If you're stuck, make a quick timeline of important events in your life, then choose one and try to write about it.

I can't attach a microsoft word file to my hotmail email address. Halp?! It says "Insert: [paperclip] Attachment" but when I put the cursor over it and click, nothing happens.

EDIT: I tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked >_>

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 4 weeks later...

I was writing a book report and was wondering if this sounded like a good introduction:

The book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson contains an intoxicating amount of facts on how insecticides damage society. It was published by Houghton Mifflin on 27 September 1962 and helped establish the environmental movement. This nonfiction publication contains a lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter about the destructive forces of unregulated pesticide uses. The current regulations since the publication have improved, thanks to this book, are still becoming more strongly enforced. Learning the past is crucial; "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it," as Winston Churchill would say, and we must learn from past mistakes and never repeat them.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I was writing a book report and was wondering if this sounded like a good introduction:

The novel Silent Spring by Rachel Carson contains an intoxicating amount of facts on how insecticides damage society. It was published by Houghton Mifflin on September 27, 1962 and helped establish the environmental movement. This non-fiction publication contains a lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter about the destructive forces of unregulated pesticide uses. The current regulations since the publication have improved, thanks to this novel, are still becoming more strongly enforced. Learning the past is crucial; "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it," as Winston Churchill would say, and we must learn from past mistakes and never repeat them.

Things in bold are my suggestion(s). Overall sounds great though.

Eifstone.png

"Intoxicating amount of facts" is not terrible, but I don't like it. "lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter" should be changed. Why talk about how much information she wrote? "Describes how insecticides damage society" works much better.

"Intoxicating amount of facts" is not terrible, but I don't like it. "lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter" should be changed.

I agree, stay objective with your adjectives.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The novel Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson, contains an intoxicating amount number of facts on how insecticides damage society. It was published by Houghton Mifflin on September 27, 1962 and helped establish the environmental movement. This non-fiction publication contains a lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter about the destructive forces of unregulated pesticide uses. The current regulations since the publication have improved, and, thanks to this novel, are still becoming more strongly enforced. Learning the past is crucial;. "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it", as Winston Churchill would say., and w We must learn from past mistakes and never repeat them.

Things in bold are my suggestion(s). Overall sounds great though.

Further grammatically corrected.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson contains an intoxicating amount of facts on how insecticides damage society. It was published by Houghton Mifflin on 27 September 1962 and helped establish the environmental movement. This nonfiction publication contains a lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter about the destructive forces of unregulated pesticide uses. The current regulations since the publication have improved, thanks to this book, are still becoming more strongly enforced. Learning the past is crucial; "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it," as Winston Churchill would say, and we must learn from past mistakes and never repeat them.

1 The book Silent Spring by Rachel Carson contains an intoxicating amount of facts on how insecticides damage society.

2 This nonfiction publication contains a lustful amount of information pertaining to the latter about the destructive forces of unregulated pesticide uses

Looks like you pretty much said the same thing twice.

Also, that quote seems sort of irrelevant, I don't see how it really helps with your introduction, it seems it would be better suited to your conclusion if anything.

To it looks like you are trying a bit too hard to use big words, and they look really pout of place, you would be better of being more concise and to the point.

rosssigfinal.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for serious help.

My mother and I are drifting apart. It's ruining my household. I realize hate is a strong word, so I won't use it but I can honestly say I feel no "love" for her. If she were to die, I don't think I'd be affected in the slightest, emotionally. I'm 17 years old, senior in high school. I realize this might just be a phase, but it's been going on for a few years now. She doesn't help either. We always have fights about the smallest things, and they turn into huge, emotional arguments that always end up with her in tears. She raised me as a single mother, after she divorced my abusive father when I was 2. She then remarried with my step dad when I was 8 I believe, and I now live with the two of them. They have 3 younger children together.

In 2006, she found her brother (my uncle) dead in his apartment. She hadn't heard from him for weeks (they usually talked every day), so she got very worried. She decided to drop by after going to get some groceries, and found him lying in his bed, probably there for days or more. Since this happened, she's never quite been the same. It's affected my whole family. She retreated to her home and became very over protective of everyone, especially me. Every time we argue about something, even now, it comes back to him.

Anyways, the argument that drove me to finally seek help, on tif of all places happened today. Today was the last day of school before our Christmas break. I decided I didn't want to go. I drove off like I normally would, then came back home after everyone had left. She made a surprising trip back home a couple hours later, and found me using the computer. After she found me, I quickly made up some story about the parking lot being empty, and me getting the date wrong. She didn't believe me. So she cut my cell phone line. I threw a huge fit, and left the house. 2 hours later I get back and she's still there (her lunch break is only supposed to be 1 hour.) I try and talk to her and convince her to reconnect the line, sticking with my story about how I simply made a mistake, and that it was unfair to punish me for "no reason." She refuses and we have another huge argument. She goes back to work. So I decide to leave the house and don't come back until late at night, around 12:30. I got 3 phone calls from her and from my step-dad but refuse to answer, and eventually turn off my phone, still heated about the argument.

When I get home, I find her standing alone in the dark house. Crying. I look at her, take off my shoes and go to my room, in silence. She calls me down, and I go. She tells me she's been standing there for 2 hours waiting for me to get home. I say "sorry" unemotionally and go back to my room. And now I'm here writing this.

If you read all that, thank you. Before you reply, I KNOW all of this could have been prevented if I had just gone to school, or if I didn't do this or that. I know. But this is bigger than that. We are drifting apart, and I feel like in a few months when I move out, I'll be happier than ever, and I will never see them again. I don't want this to happen, but at the same time I do. I despise the sight of my mother. I don't talk to her. I don't acknowledge her. If she asks me something, I grudgingly answer her questions and treat her like a pest. She's snoopy, overprotective and annoying.

I'm rude, disrespectful, and uncaring.

I don't really know what I'm looking for by posting this here, but it felt good to get that out. Any advice is welcome, because a relationship with my mother is something I don't want to lose, however little of it I have left.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg