Real life help & advice

Abc1230

@star: what you need is something to take focus off of it. My advice: find something that keeps your focus even when you aren't doing anything...aka, either a portable game or chew on a penny. Both are also good ways to quit other bad habits.

div>

penny.jpg

I refuse to chew on that D:

I'll give the other suggestion a try, see how I fare :thumbup: Although I do notice that I lick my lips a lot when playing games :unsure:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

How do you stop a bad habit such as biting the insides of your mouth?

I usually do it unconsciously >_<

Everyone has a bad habit, I think it's part of the human psyche to have some sort of vice. Best way to get rid of a bad habit, is replacing it with a different one. I went from picking my lip to cracking my knuckles. Try to notice when you do it, and why you do it, and focus on NOT biting the inside of your mouth

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Explore your habit. This can go for any habit...

What are you usually doing when it occurs?

Why haven't you been able to make a change?

Why are you risisting change?

Monitor your thoughts. Read over your thoughts, actions and feelings when said habit takes place.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Voluntary work is a fantastic way of building up work experience, whilst developing skills, confidence and proving to an employer that you have a sense of giving back to others.

It's no real substitute for real work, but it's 'something extra' that helps stand out and it gives something to talk about at interviews.

I've realised that I bite them when I'm absent mindlessly day dreaming or whenever my tutor is explaining something to the whole class. I've caught myself chewing on a tender spot or tounging my inside-cheek multiple times D: I'm doing it unconsciously so I guess there's no method apart from forcing myself to not do it once I realise I'm doing it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now the inside of my mouth feels horrible and I've got to resist picking off the loose skin <_<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Sorry for posting here again only a couple of weeks after the last post.

Though I am not bullied myself, I know someone who is. On my bus, this kid who I don't really know that well (though I've talked to him enough to know he's a nice kid) is RELENTLESSLY tormented by a bunch of idiots (both boys and girls). They make fun of him, throw things at him, PHYSICALLY hurt him on rare occasions, and generally make his life hell at every turn. The worst part is, he's autistic, and he doesn't really seem to pick up on the fact that they're doing anything wrong. He hates them, yet when they ask a question, usually trying to get him to say something embarrassing, he answers seriously (and embarrassingly) as if he had no previous knowledge of them. Just completely ignorant to what they do.

A couple of friends and I, also on the bus with all of them, were bullied all throughout Middle School. We've promised that, come Hell or high water, we WILL NOT allow this to continue. Problem is, we have no idea how to go about it. I have no moral problem with causing harm to people that deserve it, and these people most definitely do, but my friends wouldn't be for it, and this is just as much their fight as mine. We've listed things we believe we can do, but we could use more help.

-Get more people to help.

Seriously. That's it. That's ALL we came up with.

We also want to avoid getting the school itself involved. Past events have shown just how remarkably useless they can be for this sort of thing.

Thanks for any and all advice and ideas.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Well, the first thing you could do is sit next to him, if you can. If they try to annoy him, tell them to [bleep] off. How does that sound?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

If you can, make friends with him, and try to share a common interest. I remember when my little brother was bullied in grade4...I joined him during the next few days and found him a group that enjoys fishing. Since then, his group has gone on to catch 5 provincial-record winning fish, and the bullies have ceased their actions...

div>

It's better than nothing, dizzle, especially if someone backs you up when you tell them off.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

You and your cronies should have a stern talking to the group of [bleep]weeds. Don't have to get physical, or even aggressive about it. Just rain guilt on them for being terrible excuses for humans.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Make sarcastic jibes about how they must be so proud for picking on an autistic boy who doesn't have the ability to defend himself. Everyone knows bullies pick on people because they were once bullied themselves, and they pick on people who can't fight back. If you sit next to him and back him up, they might just listen to and your gang.

Must say, it's quite admirable how you feel a need to defend this guy. Strong sense of social justice, right there.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Since Thursday, I've been sitting with him, so when the crap starts he seems to at least feel a little better.

Going to get the group on at a later time. Question: What do we do if they don't back down that easily? Part of me just wants to intimidate them out of it as the FIRST resort, like they deserve it, but I know the risk of escalation is greater that way.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Thanks for the advice, guys. Since Thursday, I've been sitting with him, so when the crap starts he seems to at least feel a little better.

Have they been bullying him when you were sitting next to him? If so, what did you do?

Have they been bullying him when you were sitting next to him? If so, what did you do?

Nothing I could do. Only one of the people that volunteered to help is actually ON the bus. The drivers don't care and I can get them all on at once when we arrange it, but I don't know what to do when we DO get them.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

How many people are on your side, and how many people are bullying him?

How many people are on your side, and how many people are bullying him?

Not sure how many against us. I'd say 6-7. A couple of girls, so they shouldn't jump into a fight. Counting myself, there's 3 of us, one is a girl. All in all, should we need a show of force, our odds aren't good. I'll look for more, I guess.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Dizzle, in the case of bullying, remember this simple tip: every bully is vulnerable, and even with 3-1 odds against you, you can easily turn it into 2-1 in your favor. If you think that attack is imminent from them, then go to your local hardware store and buy a long strand of 1/4inch diameter chain. Stuff hurts like hell when used as a whip, and it's easily hideable (my little brother kept some in his sock whenever he felt threatened by bullies). Oh, and don't initiate the first contact. Then you can always argue self-defence...

div>

Single one of them out, while in the presence of the other bullies. If you've read To Kill a Mockingbird, think chapter 15 lynch mob. If you haven't, Sparknotes.

Dizzle, in the case of bullying, remember this simple tip: every bully is vulnerable, and even with 3-1 odds against you, you can easily turn it into 2-1 in your favor. If you think that attack is imminent from them, then go to your local hardware store and buy a long strand of 1/4inch diameter chain. Stuff hurts like hell when used as a whip, and it's easily hideable (my little brother kept some in his sock whenever he felt threatened by bullies). Oh, and don't initiate the first contact. Then you can always argue self-defence...

I'd say using a chain is not the brightest idea, for multiple reasons. One is, you are gonna get in deep [cabbage] when authorities find out. Doesn't matter that you were defending a kid, or that you were outnumbered. What they are gonna see is that you assaulted an unarmed kid with a weapon.

Second, you need some distance to properly swing a chain. Once they get in close range, the chain is useless.

Third, they could catch the chain, and if they do, you will be unnarmed, outnumbered, against a group of pissed off guys. Good luck with that.

You should avoid fighting all-together, but if there's no other alternative, fight with your fists, not with weapons.

16185_s.gif

Thanks everyone!

The two of us that ARE on the bus couldn't take it and told them to [bleep] off, and they backed off for the rest of the trip. We'll see if it lasts. Again, thanks!

Hey, I'm not usually your biggest fan, but that's some really respectable behaviour. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

The two of us that ARE on the bus couldn't take it and told them to [bleep] off, and they backed off for the rest of the trip. We'll see if it lasts. Again, thanks!

Hey, I'm not usually your biggest fan, but that's some really respectable behaviour. :thumbup:

Yep. Sometimes you just have to stand up for something, good to hear it ended peacefully in this instance it least.

Seconding the chain idea being rather ill thought out.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti