Real life help & advice

Abc1230

I know I've posted about this before, but I have contacts that you put in before bed, wear at night and take out in the morning and you're able to see 20/20 or better for the rest of the day. I don't know what they're called or the brand I have, but they're great. You can read about night lenses here: http://www.gizmag.com/go/3047/ . It's pricey and it takes a few appointments to get the right prescription, but they're sweet.

I used to wear glasses, and I prefer contacts a lot more, probably because I hate how I look with glasses. They both have advantages and disadvantages, but I'd have to choose contacts.

just as an update, I decided to fight for my 'D'. Here goes nothing

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

need help with my boyfriend

Iithe_Goatii.png

Help with what... his stats?

rofl

but on a serious note, relationship sticky is up top, you'll get a better response up there.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• 2 weeks later...

Aaand now we're back with this again. It was cluttering up the today thread, so I'm moving it here.

Already posted story earlier, but for those just tuning in, here's a recap.

Autistic kid on my bus gets picked on heavily. I want to stop that. The few people that don't seem to laugh along with them are obviously not going to do anything, and I thought maybe if someone does, they will. I was wrong. Telling them to leave him alone like you guys suggested worked... for a time. But now we have an even bigger problem. Today they started again, escalated it, and the same method as last time failed to stop it.

I'm not going to lie, I'd rather not fight. I'm willing to get hurt/in trouble, but only if it accomplishes something. Going into a fight alone, I'm going to get my ass kicked. The only advantage I may have is that they're all behind me, and so maybe forcing them all to line up in the aisle would help.

As I said though, if the violence is going to happen, if I don't get hurt, I will at the very LEAST get into a lot of trouble, so I need to know exactly what it can accomplish before starting anything. Everything can go perfectly, but if it doesn't stop the bullying it's a failure.

Any and all suggestions VERY much appreciated.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

This may be a dumb question, but, have you complained to a teacher about it yet?

Yeah, but they're useless. May try a different one, or the dean. But they have a history of NOT stopping stuff like this after they've heard about it.

Something else I want to use to my advantage. For all the complaining I do about how the MAJORITY of my school are bad people, there's like 1000 people here. That still leaves quite a few decent people that for whatever reason, don't say anything. Maybe if something were organized, they would?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

If you could outnumber them 3:1 and then confront them, they'd sure as hell stop. But you'd have a hell of a time convincing kids to do it, especially multiple times, because it sounds like it will resume several times.

Thanks. You're right, it may be kinda rough, but I'll spend a while putting this together, and post back with results. Until then, I won't post about the subject.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I will at the very LEAST get into a lot of trouble, so I need to know exactly what it can accomplish before starting anything.

Firstly, in order not to get trouble you need to understand why the bullies don't get it trouble.

Reality is, teachers and school administration don't punish people if they don't have solid evidence. The spoken word is not solid evidence for them, since teenagers are liable to lie to get each other in trouble.

Key is this: whatever you do, don't do it publicly. Avoid the sight of other students, security, teachers, whatever. Also since you're trying to get them alone maybe bringing an extra one of you will further make your point. A confrontation needs no violence, but threaten it if need be. If he tries to walk away or anything, physically stop him: he'll know you mean business. If this happens, then you have to be on top: no backing down for anything.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What about going to the bullied kids' parents? They would surely be happy to help get some more authority involved. They'd have more leverage, being adults too.

"My kid's no damn bully. The other kids are just [kitties] that's it!"

I doubt the parents will side with the enemy of their kid.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What about going to the bullied kids' parents? They would surely be happy to help get some more authority involved. They'd have more leverage, being adults too.

No no no, I meant the autistic kids parents. The one who is BEING bullied, haha. Sorry for confusion

2s0cxth.png

No no no, I meant the autistic kids parents. The one who is BEING bullied, haha. Sorry for confusion

Oh okay. Yes, parents have more voice than students unfortunately.

siggy3s.jpg

Really if you could get some solid evidence that he is picked on the teachers will listen. Record that [cabbage] or something.

If you choose to do this, be very careful. You can be mistaken as someone recording it because you think it's funny, and go down with the bullies.

What do you do when your mother thinks anything besides studying is a waste of time?

I enjoy watching hockey, video gaming, playing shinny, guitar, and listening to music. I have a part time job, yet all she cares about is that I don't spend as much time studying as I do other stuff.

Currently in Grade 12, I have early admission into University, but still she is constantly upset at the sight of my on a computer or watching TV. When I read novels, it doesn't bother her.

She is vehemently opposed to paying for any sort of gaming, music, etc. She thinks I cannot control myself if I pay... as if paying 5 dollars for xbox live will ruin my future entirely.

What can I tell her? Btw, I'm 18, she say's she won't let me spend my OWN money on gaming or anything. I won't play the "I'm 18" card unless absolutely neccessary.

Staurolite.png

What do you do when your mother thinks anything besides studying is a waste of time?

I enjoy watching hockey, video gaming, playing shinny, guitar, and listening to music. I have a part time job, yet all she cares about is that I don't spend as much time studying as I do other stuff.

Currently in Grade 12, I have early admission into University, but still she is constantly upset at the sight of my on a computer or watching TV. When I read novels, it doesn't bother her.

She is vehemently opposed to paying for any sort of gaming, music, etc. She thinks I cannot control myself if I pay... as if paying 5 dollars for xbox live will ruin my future entirely.

What can I tell her? Btw, I'm 18, she say's she won't let me spend my OWN money on gaming or anything. I won't play the "I'm 18" card unless absolutely neccessary.

While you live under her house, you technically should follow what she says. I would try and work out a compromise. I am not saying that you shouldn't play games or play on the computer, but show your mom that there is a vast database of information available on the internet which you can't always access in book form. Respect your mother's opinions until you have your own place. It will make life a whole lot easier. You are at that crucial point in life where you can make or break your future, being responsible and learning how to manage your money now will put you ahead of a lot of other's your age.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

While you live under her house, you technically should follow what she says. I would try and work out a compromise. I am not saying that you shouldn't play games or play on the computer, but show your mom that there is a vast database of information available on the internet which you can't always access in book form. Respect your mother's opinions until you have your own place. It will make life a whole lot easier. You are at that crucial point in life where you can make or break your future, being responsible and learning how to manage your money now will put you ahead of a lot of other's your age.

Thanks, that makes some sense to me. It's just that often she is too stubborn to compromise with. I guess I can survive several more months until I can get a place of my own.

Staurolite.png